+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    pa80 are you public or private?
    i had thrombophillia testing done when i was pregnant which found my mthfr.
    my hospital tested me for thrombophillia as they were confused as to why i was on clexane with nothing wrong with me.
    i was public and never had to pay for the testing it was all free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm private.... I have no idea, I just paid the stupid things, and now I'm keeping an eye on the letterbox for my one, as the one I paid was DH's. It was 2 labs that charged me. Hmmm Maybe I will call the vampire Lab and ask them why the other Lab has billed me also. I hate surprise bills especially while I'm unemployed!
    I paid about $1000 of Pathology bills yesterday, and submitted them to Medicare, so I really hope they send me a fat cheque LOL. I'm still getting random bills for tests I had in hospital 9 mths ago! WTF??

3 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL MY RESULTS!!

I'm thinking more & more that maybe waiting three months to TTC might be a wise idea, as much as I don't want to wait another minute LOL. If I get a job, it gives me time to get off probation before I'm UTD, gives maybe 6mths of work before they need to know (depending on job), and maybe increases my chance of paid leave, or at least the bank giving us a house loan. Plus the obvious benefits of Megafol if I'm MTHFR. I'm very impatient though, and want to be UTD above everything else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone,

Pa, I have been feeling a little bit lost after getting my results. Not having a definate answer has been really hard to deal with and then trying to work out what to do next is confusing.
    I have been taking low dose asprin since day 1 of this cycle off my own bat. I figured it cant hurt and from what ive read there is some beleif that it may also make implantation a softer more inviting place!

for you on monday, i'll be thinking of you.

Emzy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is well.

PA80 - good luck today!!! that you get some answers and everything turns out as you hope. For the pathology - I've never heard of being double billed like that. My thrombophilia screening was bulk billed following a blood clot, but I did have to pay for all the ultrasounds privately.

Emzy - sorry for your frustration. I think we're all probably in the same boat to some degree as so much of the evidence is inconclusive as to which disorders cause what multitude of problems. Could your fs help at all? My understanding is that a fs should be able to help with investigations for either recurrent m/c or late-state m/c and might be able to advise you on the best way to get and keep a sticky bub. I know your fs is very far away, maybe a phone consult? Sorry if you've already thought/done this, just a thought....

EMsmum - Welcome! Glad you found us. It sounds like you're getting good support from your FS - that's great. My anticardiolipins just showed up as being a bit elevated (not sure what's happening there), but my main issue is MTHFR. DH and I are ttc now for #1. Hope you get your bfp very soon.

Hello to everyone else - hope you're all well.

As for the whole public/private part of the thread - I got very curious so I just spoke to Medicare. I'm going private too, so I was wondering if that meant that I would have to pay for all the additional bts and u/s scans that are necessary. Medicare said that a private OB can refer you to a public hospital for bloods and scans and the hospital can chose to bulk bill you for them. You just need to call the hospital first and check to see if they will bulk bill you and make sure your OB will in fact refer you to a public hospital. I guess it just differs from hospital to hospital and ob to ob. Also, blood tests are not capped for OB services for the safety net - so if you've gone over the safety net they get very cheap. The Medicare person said they would need specific item numbers to see which u/s were a capped gap. Sorry this is so long.

AFM - just generally frustrated that TTC and Clomid aren't working so well. Started acupuncture last week. I'm not usually very open to Eastern medicine... but willing to try about anything. to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emzy- must be hard when you aren't getting much guidance from your doc.

Windupbird- Thx for thoughts yesterday. I hope the clomid works for you soon, are you not ovulating? I hope accupuncture gets the ball rolling for you

Hi to everyone else

So we went to see the Prof yesterday, gees I love this doc! Such a nice bloke, its so refreshing from my previous experiences!
    It turns out me & DH are both carriers (+/-) of MTHFR, so ourselves are at no greater risks.
    I started on 5mg folate and 100mg B6 yesterday, then when I get a BFP I start cartia, then at 6wks clexane inj.
    Doc is hopeful of us having a smallish pre-term bub, which is fine, as long as it survives I'm happy with that! So we have the green light to TTC!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paula- It's good that you finaly have some answers!
    GL with the TTCing. bucket load of baby dust to you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay paula! Good luck with ttc this month!!!

I'm not taking b6...should I be???

Hycosy in 2 more sleeps...starting to freak out a little!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks to everyone for the ....so nice to find like minded souls here!!

Apologies for not getting back on over the last few days but have just started a new job etc etc etc..excuses excuses eh!! Will take me a little while to read back over everyone's stories so bear with me!!!

Have an appointment with Priv Doc in Redlands Bay Hospital on 21st Feb to see if he will look after my medical needs for the first 12 weeks of preg. So not too sure whether or not to ttc this month or not. Am on D11 of 32 day cycle so coming up close to ovulation day....mmmmmmmmm to do the baby dance or not

PA80 I know how you feel about whether or not to ttc straight away....have literally just started a job too....its hard thought to put things on hold even for a month isnt it???? Glad to see to see though that you have started on some of the meds now. Sending you lots of babydust!!!

Emzy78 no harm whatsoever taking aspirin to cushion the landing at all!! Have been on it now for about 10 days. The only think I noticed was that I brushed my leg off the corner of the table yesterday and I have a massive bruise there now.... although when I think about what my tummy is going to look like with the heparin injections when I do get preg, its a small thing!

Windupbird, how is the acupuncture working out for you?????

Can I ask if anyone is taking Vit B12 as part of their meds????

Sorry for missing out people but really need to read back on posts!!!

T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    So we are both MTHFR carriers, therefore our bubs have a 1 in 4 chance of MTHFR x2, a 2 in 4 chance of being carriers, a 1 in 4 chance of being fine.
    DH is freaking out about the elevated risk of Downs, and other problems .... is this only the case if I didn't take the high dose folate? What sort of risk are we facing? Obviously we still have an elevated risk of anither stillborn bub, but with monitoring this should be largely avoidable ()
    Is it irresponsible for us to TTC, knowing our bub could have problems?
    HELP! Any info or links to info greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so tomorrow is d day for me...will my tubes be ok??

Wish me luck!!!