+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy78 View Post
    It seems to be quiet o here but I am going to post and see what happens!
    I have just found out that I am pregnant with no3!
    I had a MC with No1 at 19weeks and found out that I have 1copy of factor V lieden and MHKFR(?).
    I had a great pregnancy with No2 and my OB was great. Clexane injections daily.
    The OB that I saw a few weeks ago has said that this time I just need baby asprin.
    Feeling quite nervous.
    Would love to hear others thoughts.
    Emzy
    Hi Emzy,

I have a clotting disorder too. It was discover when I was pregnant with my first. I was put on fragmin (similar to clexane) and 100mg of aspirin. He was born at 40 weeks 2.9kg. My next pregnancy we lost at 16 weeks. I was on all the same medications. He had stopped growing due to IUGR. I gave up on being pregnant and IVF, but then found out last year I was pregnant again. Same protocol again. He was born premmie, 8 weeks earlier at 1.1 kg. He also had IUGR.

My babies would have never been born without fragmin and aspirin. Has your new ob done any blood tests to prove your condition has changed? I would be looking at your history before agreeing with ob. Is this the same ob as last time?

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks New Hope.
    No, this is a new OB I have an appointment with her tomorrow and am armed with lots of questions! She may be in for a shock!
    Unfortunately due to where I live I don't get much choice in who I see.
    will let you know how I go.
    Emzy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!!

Considering the regime worked for you in the past I would be pretty insistent to go with the same protocol. It's evident that you don't react negatively so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L22 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Emzy78, how did your appointment go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @New Hope yes it went well. I was ready to argue but felt like I kept it nice and polite and honest. I stated my wish to discuss the medication, recalled discussion with previous OB, nicely asked about her experience in this area and she was basically throwing clexane at me.
    It must sound strange but I am happier now, less anxious.
    Cheers
    Emzy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy78 For This Useful Post:

New Hope  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @New Hope yes it went well. I was ready to argue but felt like I kept it nice and polite and honest. I stated my wish to discuss the medication, recalled discussion with previous OB, nicely asked about her experience in this area and she was basically throwing clexane at me.
    Cheers
    Emzy
    Wonderful news!!!

I had clexane denied by two 'professionals' for one of my m/c and I'll forever regret not screaming at them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cheers
    Emzy
    That's great. I am glad it went well and you are happy. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.... wondering if anyone here can offer me some advice.

We have been ttc for 3 years. Back in Oct 2013 I was induced at 21 weeks due to low amniotic fluid and our baby was born sleeping. The autopsy came back saying it was due to blood clot on the placenta. I have had 2 early misscarriages since then. Last week I had my first appt with the fs and was told that the reason I'm losing pregnancies is because the placenta is not forming correctly and that next preg I will be on blood thinners, asprin and clexane injections.

I'm still really confused about what it all means. It was hard to pay attention at the appt as it was all very upsetting and I was trying not to cry. Anyway I just seached clexane on the forum and found this thread.

I don't really know what kind of advice I'm after I'm just trying to better inderstand it all.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi melimum,

I have a clotting disorder. It was discover when I was pregnant with my first. I was put on fragmin (similar to clexane) and 100mg of aspirin at 5 weeks with my first and whilst ttc with my other bubs right through to 6 weeks post delivery. My first was born at 40 weeks 2.9kg. My next pregnancy we lost at 16 weeks. I was on all the same medications. He had stopped growing due to IUGR due to my placenta not functioning properly. I gave up on being pregnant and IVF, but then found out last year I was pregnant again. Same protocol again. He was born premmie, 8 weeks earlier at 1.1 kg. He also had IUGR. After my delivery, they sent my placenta away for testing. It was discovered my placenta had 24 hours to work properly before it would have stopped. So my placenta does not work as it should. I was so pleased my ob delivered when he did, otherwise my precious baby boy wouldn't be here.

My babies would have never been born without fragmin and aspirin. I cried when I was first told I had this because I thought it meant there was no help for my babies but was proved wrong.

I wish you the best of luck and if you have anymore questions I am happy to answer them.
    Last edited by New Hope; 28-02-2015 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have factor v leiden and after 4 early miscarriages my fs wrote up a plan for me to be on clexane and aspirin once a heartbeat is confirmed. However he was away on holiday when this happened and it was such a fight to get a clexane script from gp, but I pretty much refused to leave until I did. I took aspirin and megafol right through the ttc phase (on advice from fs) and clexane from 6w5d after seeing heartbeat, had another scan at 9w5d and all was well. I'm now 12w2d and hoping all is still going well when I go for my scan on Tuesday.