+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have factor 5 so not ANA but I fought for clexane treatment and they still weren't even willing to say that my pregnancy wouldn't have resulted in ds1 if I hadn't been on the clexane. I did allot of research and then asked what are the risks and there really aren't many until late in your pregnancy if you go into labour on it and even then they can reverse if if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post
    Question, can I take my asprin before and after o or is it after o, I don't want o delayed and I worry that it might delay o
    After o, unless instructed by your doctor.

Thank you ladies. I might ring the hospital and see what they say. I don't really have anyone looking after me at the moment. My doctor doesn't know anything about FVL and the hospital wouldn't see me until around now and private ob isn't until 10 weeks either!
    Last edited by Little Ted; 26-08-2013 at 12:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone tell me why the recommendation is aspirin after O? Rather than just all through? I've had doctors want me to take aspirin all the time just as a matter of course (nothing to do with ttc, this was some years ago).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might be different disorders, different levels within the disorders or personal/family history. This is just an assumption though. Someone else might have a better idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found most drs totally clueless about factor 5. I found the haematologist working with the on most helpful

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheekime For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekime View Post
    I found most drs totally clueless about factor 5. I found the haematologist working with the on most helpful
    Okay - I might the haematologist themselves tomorrow - they are at a different hospital and I can't remember the man's name - but I'm sure they would have it on record. I know the appt date that I had. Rang unit several times today and left a message and they never called back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's customer service for you eh? Too bad if it was important!

Time to make an appointment for a haematologist, I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I can see from your signature you're ANA+ Moose, as am I. I think it seems to be a fairly standard protocol for this as it was written on my chart from the beginning of my stim cycle that I would need to start Clexane in the event of a positive pregnancy test.

I was told about ANA+ at the end of our assessment cycle. My FS wasn't too concerned about it, she just said that she would give me additional medications (aspirin & clexane) to ensure everything went smoothly, as they found without them many women with ANA+ tend to miscarry around 6 weeks.

I have my viability/dating scan tomorrow morning and an appointment with the FS afterwards, so I will finally be able to find out how long I will need to be on the clexane for!
    Hmm. Thanks Arlais. Maybe it's to do with how high your ANA levels are too? I'll have to check with my FS if there is some kind of cutoff for when they prescribe Clexane or if my FS does at all. When she said I was ANA+ she just mentioned asprin and nothing else. I'd like to know what her reasons are for my peace of mind....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Okay - I might the haematologist themselves tomorrow - they are at a different hospital and I can't remember the man's name - but I'm sure they would have it on record. I know the appt date that I had. Rang unit several times today and left a message and they never called back.
    I hate that! I hope they ring you back. I work in reception two days a week usually at my practice and I always get back to ppl that leave msgs cuz I know the feeling when ppl dont get back to you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a perfect scan today - heart beating strongly at 174bpm measuring 7w6d. FS says I can stop Clexane after 14 weeks, still need to have aspirin until 36 weeks

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app