+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Fx for you Arlais that all continues smoothly! How good is your hubby, I don't think I could get mine to do it for me

Maybe get him to hold pressure on the site for a little while to reduce bruising? Otherwise I'm not sure why it would hurt more, it could be hormonal I guess. I'm sure one of the ladies with more experience can shed some light.

How're things going otherwise?
    Thanks JCT

I actually asked the lady taking my blood this morning if being pregnant makes you more sensitive to the needles and she said "definitely". Apparently it's a combination of things like your skin feeling more sensitive because of the extra blood pumping around, and also just the fact you're more hyper aware of everything about your body during pregnancy!

She also agrees that Clexane is rather horrible - as we know!

Apart from feeling rather over the injections I'm doing pretty good Morning sickness isn't fun, but apart from being constantly tired I'm feeling mostly human. Counting down to my dating scan next Tuesday - just have everything crossed for a lovely heartbeat in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies! I haven't been on the thread for a while. I've just stopped aspirin due to a subchorionic haemotoma and they hadn't started me on the clexane yet. But I have a question - Sonographer said there seems to have been problems with implantation and so I'm wondering if I should have been on the clexane whilst TTC? I was on aspirin but maybe that wasn't enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little ted, I was on clexane every second day from ovulation and then went to daily from bfp. I think most docs say to start at bfp but mine likes to start treatments early to make sure all is ok in there. It's worth talking to your doc. Hoping all is ok with your current pregnancy xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on aspirin and prednisone during the stim phase of my ivf cycle, clexane was only started after my bfp.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question, can I take my asprin before and after o or is it after o, I don't want o delayed and I worry that it might delay o

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post
    Question, can I take my asprin before and after o or is it after o, I don't want o delayed and I worry that it might delay o
    I don't know about just generally TTC, but I wasn't started on aspirin until the day after egg retrieval, so I'm guessing after O might be best?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might do that, I haven't used it yet becuase we had miss out in my July cycle due to having foot surgery but ill use it this month. Doing so much reading on MTHFR it's doing my head in so much info
    Last edited by Pprom.mama; 22-08-2013 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take baby aspirin full time when ttc. I did this with my son who is now 1, a daily aspirin, high dose folate and multivitamin. This is what the high risk doctors at the women's advised us to do and all is over the counter. I then take aspirin all the way up until I've given birth. I was told to start the clexane as soon as I got a bfp which is what I'll do again when we fall pregnant. Some doctors even wait until the first scan to make sure the pregnancy is viable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I was on asprin from the day after egg collection last stim cycle. Unfortunately it resulted in a chemical pregnancy.

My question is, how does your Dr know that you need to be on Clexane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post
    Hi ladies. I was on asprin from the day after egg collection last stim cycle. Unfortunately it resulted in a chemical pregnancy.

My question is, how does your Dr know that you need to be on Clexane?
    I can see from your signature you're ANA+ Moose, as am I. I think it seems to be a fairly standard protocol for this as it was written on my chart from the beginning of my stim cycle that I would need to start Clexane in the event of a positive pregnancy test.

I was told about ANA+ at the end of our assessment cycle. My FS wasn't too concerned about it, she just said that she would give me additional medications (aspirin & clexane) to ensure everything went smoothly, as they found without them many women with ANA+ tend to miscarry around 6 weeks.

I have my viability/dating scan tomorrow morning and an appointment with the FS afterwards, so I will finally be able to find out how long I will need to be on the clexane for!