+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Zabella how gorgeous is your little one! Makes all the stabbing and jabbing easier to bear!

Tiffanyandco that sounds like good news? Although personally I do worry a bit about the "lets just wait and see how it goes before injections" attitude of some doctors. Clearly they aren't the ones having to go through the trauma of losing pregnancies or not being able to conceive to start with.
    Thank you JCT, we think she is precious.

I am also a bit miffed about the blasé attitude of some doctors. My theory is if the risk of any particular treatment is small, I go for it even if we are not quite sure it is needed. Better safe than sorry. I don't think some doctors understand just how invested you can be even in very early pregnancy. My OB is wonderful, and understands how risk adverse I am :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well both my parents carry a mutated gene for mthfr and my mom told her sisters daughter to get tested and the dr in the UK was trying to tell her its not passed on my parents ect WHAT AN IDIOT!! Its a gene you idiot you get your genes from your parents omg im new to this whole condition but omg im so sick off drs who know nothing and dismiss it because they have no idea how to treat it. I starting to doubt my high risk ob knows either so im just going to have to take things into my own hands. Hes just telling me to take my 5mg of folic acid but my mthfr mutation is the one which cant break down folic acid.

There is a different type I can take but I just need to find out where I can get it in aus. I know the b6 and b12 is getting used because my wee isnt fluro so that makes me think my body is using it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time for a second opinion, Tiffanyandco? I would if I'd lost faith, especially when it's with something so emotional as conceiving.

I had the same problem being diagnosed with FVL. I was living in the UK and the dr told me that because he'd never dealt with it in a patient it was impossible that I'd have it, and not to bother! I tried to explain the science but no difference. Of course I had the test and it was positive so didn't he look stupid. I still had problems with the surgery though relating to treatment, I ended up making a complaint!

This was all on the back of my mum having multiple PEs here in Aus. I was very emotional lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiff, I am compound hetero mthfr too. My gp and ob have both admitted they know nothing about it, which is prefer to them pretending. But my immunologist does know a bit so he has been treating me during pregnancy and I'm thinking of seeing a haemotoligst afterwards to see what I need to do for the rest of my life. From my understanding with the folic acid, the worse forms eg compound homo mthfr can break it down at all so need activated folic acid, our form can break down enough of the 5mg dose to use. The b12 reduces homocysteine levels which will also prevent clots from forming in your blood. I would ask to be on clexane if I were you, it assists with blood thinning and also helps generate a good and healthy placenta. One of the placentas from my previous mcs had clots in it so it can happen. I've had one live birth without meds too so it can obviously work without but I didn't want to take any risks this time (preg #6). Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time for a second opinion, Tiffanyandco? I would if I'd lost faith, especially when it's with something so emotional as conceiving.

I had the same problem being diagnosed with FVL. I was living in the UK and the dr told me that because he'd never dealt with it in a patient it was impossible that I'd have it, and not to bother! I tried to explain the science but no difference. Of course I had the test and it was positive so didn't he look stupid. I still had problems with the surgery though relating to treatment, I ended up making a complaint!

This was all on the back of my mum having multiple PEs here in Aus. I was very emotional lol!
    I had the same response from a gp I went too because I just wanted to get the names because I remembered I had it and wanted to do some research. He said I was the second person in his lifetime as a dr that has gor this. My fs is great but because my levels are borderline he dosnt want to put me through hell for no reason which I understand but I don't want another loss. See I have tow uteri due to a full septum, my losses were due to that because baby had no chance. My surgery was on the first in most of Australia and I go into the medical journal as an individual study so my fs to determine to get a healthy baby out of me lol ahhh I dont know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah so you're his pet project? Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah so you're his pet project? Haha!
    Pretty much

Thanks
    Reviews
    It'd be nice to know they're keeping a close eye on you though They're not going to want to make a mistake if its going to be published. You'd like to think they would have that attitude anyway but sometimes I wonder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm now 7 weeks pregnant and everything is going well so far - but I've found over the past few days I'm finding the clexane injections are hurting far more than they started out. DH does the jabs for me, I ice the area before, he avoids the bruised areas, injects slowly and holds the pinch until he takes the needle out.

Do you think it's simply because I'm more more sensitive at the moment, or is there something else we can try to make it less painful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fx for you Arlais that all continues smoothly! How good is your hubby, I don't think I could get mine to do it for me

Maybe get him to hold pressure on the site for a little while to reduce bruising? Otherwise I'm not sure why it would hurt more, it could be hormonal I guess. I'm sure one of the ladies with more experience can shed some light.

How're things going otherwise?