Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies Feels like forever since I've been on here, I must try and make more time because it's so nice seeing people who understand what it's all like!

Sure looks like there's been some ups and downs since I posted last. How are we all going now?

I'm waiting on AF to turn up, she's a bit late but I tend to be irregular so I'm not getting my hopes up and tbh, I@m pretty sure I'm not UTD as I have been using any excuse to POAS this cycle! I justify it by having bought internet cheapies

DH and I have just wrapped up our second cycle. I guess you could say we're not trying really hard at this point, trying to be relaxed about it. Coming up to month three though I have said to him, is it time to really actively try? I'm worried that if we go for say, 6 months just seeing how things are, then make a concerted effort for another couple, we could be getting on for 12 months before we realise there's going to be a problem for us and that freaks me out.

So I've gone and got myself some asprin, did I read somewhere that you were recommended to start taking it after O rather than just all the time? Going to make an appointment to see a haematologist too which kills two birds for me - my mum the other day insisted I go see one since I never did when first diagnosed. It's good timing, she doesn't know we're TTC but it's something I can ask about while I'm there.

Anyway that's my little update, looking forward to getting back into the forum and keeping up with your stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and on clexane daily for +ANA. I just wanted to know if anyone can give me some pro tips on minimising bruising? I only started the injections a couple of weeks ago and feel like I'm running out of space because I'm bruising badly! I'm also on aspirin which probably doesn't help.

I ice the area and then DH gives me the injection whilst I'm standing up - he's very good and most of the time it isn't too painful. I usually just press a tissue on the site to stop any blood and sometimes ice it again if it was a bit ouchy - I know not to rub it though.

Is there anything I should be doing differently, or adding in to stop it from bruising so much? I generally just do up my pants and continue on with whatever I'm doing. Should I be sitting or laying down for a few minutes instead?

Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I injected clexane for almost 9 months and not much I did minimised the bruising. I did read up on all the tricks and iced for a little while but in the end just did different spots while the bruising healed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the shock of my life with my first needle, holy cow! I knew it bruised but I wasn't prepared for the extent /colour. 2nd needle I had in my seat on a plane (that didn't look too dodgy) so was leaning slightly forward and I happened to hold the 'roll' for longer, so more pressure and the bruise was a lot better. So I just did the same for the rest and I didn't get another really terrible bruise after that. But I don't know if that would work over the course of 9 months? Not lucky enough to know just yet! I guess at the end of the day it's only cosmetic.
    Last edited by JCT; 13-08-2013 at 18:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    I got the shock of my life with my first needle, holy cow! I knew it bruised but I wasn't prepared for the extent /colour. 2nd needle I had in my seat on a plane (that didn't look too dodgy) so was leaning slightly forward and I happened to hold the 'roll' for longer, so more pressure and the bruise was a lot better. So I just did the same for the rest and I didn't get another really terrible bruise after that. But I don't know if that would work over the course of 9 months? Not lucky enough to know just yet! I guess at the end of the day it's only cosmetic.
    Eeeeeek ouch ouch ouch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I found out im Mthfr compound. So now im just on 100mg of asprin (he said I dont have to be but I can do it if I want) and im on 5mg of folic acid and b6 and b12 and taking 1 tablet of primrose and fish oil and will stop after O. Hows everyone going?i asked my fs if I will need injections once I get preg and he said my levels were borderline so probably not

Last edited by Pprom.mama; 14-08-2013 at 18:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I injected for 2 years, only got to stop a few weeks ago (6 weeks after birth) but will have to start again soon as TTC in Oct/Nov
    My tips, pinch a good bit, inject slowly even though it hurts and hold the pinch for a while, ice afterwards.
    If it starts to hurt as you put it in, move spots. Some parts of my tummy were better than others, and some parts I had to steer clear of all together. Rotate in a predictable way so to allow healing in between.
    If you ice beforehand it can make the area hard and also harder to tell if its a bad spot.
    This is a photo of my worst bruise about 10 days after it happened. You can see it is starting to heal....ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1376475769.492718.jpg
    And here is the reason it is all worth it, taken today xxImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1376475814.292052.jpg
    Goodluck to everyone, I am going to enjoy my injecting break for the next month, and I will be back TTC soon!!!

*edit
    Also, don't have a hot shower after either :-)
    Last edited by Zabella; 14-08-2013 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zabella how gorgeous is your little one! Makes all the stabbing and jabbing easier to bear!

Tiffanyandco that sounds like good news? Although personally I do worry a bit about the "lets just wait and see how it goes before injections" attitude of some doctors. Clearly they aren't the ones having to go through the trauma of losing pregnancies or not being able to conceive to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Zabella how gorgeous is your little one! Makes all the stabbing and jabbing easier to bear!

Tiffanyandco that sounds like good news? Although personally I do worry a bit about the "lets just wait and see how it goes before injections" attitude of some doctors. Clearly they aren't the ones having to go through the trauma of losing pregnancies or not being able to conceive to start with.
    I agree hes the top fs in adelaide so im hoping he is right. Im not keen on injections but seriously who is lol. I went to a medium who said she sees injections for my second pregnancy wasn't sure itmf it was ivf or not she couldn't say. Im just hoping we get a sticky bean soon ny bff got oreg by accident to some guy so im even more keen to bring our baby into the world. All my gfs are preg and ones having twins so its becoming Fustrating