+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So great that they have given you the scripts already - I would inject straight away too if you can.

I am worried that they will give the clexane too late - have just begun the aspirin again for the month. They seem a little too relaxed at the john sometimes. Like the fact that they found out about FVL from bloods done around D&C, but didn't put me on anything. They wouldn't release the results to my doctor for 8 weeks. Just as well nothing happened post-op.

So glad you ladies are on your way. Hoping for some healthy pregnancies for you both.

Thanks for the tips on injecting. I think I'll have the same fears of hitting an organ - lol! Have been getting some muffin top bits nice and ripe though

All I need now is a sticky one to do this death-defying stunt.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 17-06-2013 at 15:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little Ted maybe you can get a gp to give you a script just in case... I've found one that will pretty much give me anything I need as long as I have a good reason. You have a pretty good one xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1982 View Post
    Little Ted maybe you can get a gp to give you a script just in case... I've found one that will pretty much give me anything I need as long as I have a good reason. You have a pretty good one xox
    Unfortunately when we found out, she admitted she didn't know much about it and so referred me onto the haemotologist. I'm thankful that she is honest. I can ask her to look into it though - I'm sure there is someone she could ask.

Edit: How do you know I have a good gp?
    Last edited by Little Ted; 17-06-2013 at 15:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol... I meant hope you have a pretty good one.

That sounded a little creepy and stalkerish. Oops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my gosh I'm out for a day and all this action happens in here. I see the line Woody, so exciting. I was told to start clexane as soon as I got a bfp by the haematologist at the Royal Women's which is what I did with my ds although I did wait until 12dpo and made sure the line got darker. I got my bfp at 9 dpo though so very early. I take the same brand of baby asprin that Woody does, just make sure you get the ones that are ok on your stomach, enteric coated or something. Those clexane injections do sting but you get used to them very quickly. I found it really hard to stop at 32 weeks because I was so worried about blood clotting in the placenta. But all was fine in the end. Have you don't it yet?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheekime For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1982 View Post
    Lol... I meant hope you have a pretty good one.

That sounded a little creepy and stalkerish. Oops
    Lol - all good. Phew! Thought someone I knew was on and worked me out - hilarious!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it yesterday cheekime, thinking about it is way worse than doing it. Actually putting the needle in didnt hurt at all. It was the aftermath that stung, and no bruising but I have a scab. How sexy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol give it a bit and you'll wear those bruises proudly. Everyone will sympathise because they look awful but in fact aren't that bad lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the last 3 days I've started bruising from the injections. Am I getting worse at doing it or is it working and my blood is getting thinner?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations everyone on the bfps!

Timetoshine - I found the bruising could be worse if I hit a small blood vessel or had a particularly dull needle. Occasionally I'd have a needle so dull that after 2 or 3 jabs I would throw it out and use a new one. I found putting pressure on the injection site for 5 min after can help (like they have you do when you get blood taken). I have heard of some people using ice afterwards and it help to minimise bruising.

Good luck!

DD Dec 2011, DS July 2013!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (21-06-2013)