+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

We are soon going to be trying for #2. With #1 I lost her twin at 12 weeks and thought we lost both babies, I found out then I had a blood clotting disorder and I was put on clexane injections daily until my daughter was 6 months old (I had a emergency c/section after being induced at 37/38 weeks due to the disorder) - I had 2 mc in the past and no one ever spoke to me about having anything wrong, even after a spontaneous dvt. My gp doesn't seem to think I need to start clexane to fall pregnant, or that I need aspirin, but I am thinking it might be the go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Grubs. I started baby asprin ttc and clexane as soon as I got a bfp at 9dpo. 22 weeks and going strong. I'd get an ob or haematologist appointment. I also had 2 miscarriages and found out I have factor 5 Leiden. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Angel, that is what I have, Factor 5. I had to take clexane for a year in total. I will check out the baby asprin :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelini and Maryz: So lovely to hear about your BFP's!
    Hoping everything is going well and those babies are being sticky.
    Amazing story Maryz btw. That's perseverance! I almost gave up after 2 years! And yes Clexane is OUCHIES!!
    Angelini, are you on Clexane even though your not taking aspirin?

Merri: I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. Recurrent miscarriages are so devastating. You feel so close, yet so far. I hope that you can find the right formula for you and you have some luck this year.

AFM: My bub is four months tomorrow! It's gone in the blink of an eye. She's super smiley and a really hilarious baby. Personality plus.
    Enjoying being a mum this time so much more.
    Have had some down weeks, but managing so far to stave off the dreaded black dog.
    How are all our other babies doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubs View Post
    Hi,
    My gp doesn't seem to think I need to start clexane to fall pregnant, or that I need aspirin, but I am thinking it might be the go.
    The aspirin seems to help the placenta set up a good blood supply and then less problems later with blood flow and m/c. It seems that most clotty people take it. I certainly took it pre conception till 36 weeks with both of mine that stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I googled and couldn't find anything about baby asprin in Aust. Can anyone recommend a brand. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grubs, the Astrix or Cartia brand of aspirin is fine, either one. They need to be 100mg tablets.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mary :-) I was reading a USA site and they said it had to be 81mg or under, so I thought it may have been different to the cartia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grubs, I'm on 100mg per day. I don't think 81mg is even sold. And it's just normal aspirin.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take the Astrix 100mg baby asprin which was recommended by my high risk ob. Over the counter at any chemist