+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for replying. I've got some normal aspirin 100mg - could I take that or does it need to be BA? Do you take it throughout your cycle? I'm seeing a new GP tomorrow and will talk to her about it, but I'd like to know what's worked for others. The last GP I saw said the disorder 'shouldn't affect TTC' which instilled a lot of confidence in him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Tatiana!!! Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying all your precious newborn cuddles!!

Heatherm - glad things are going well. Getting close....

Angelini - I got a different opinion from every doctor I went to. The basic consensus was that there was no harm in taking the aspirin (I took Cartia - 100 mg tabs) and there was some evidence that it could do some good. I took it while TTC and switched to Clexane when I got my bfp. I took Clexane weeks 4-12, aspirin 12-36, Clexane 4 weeks post partum. Good luck! This blood clotting stuff is still so little understood.

Afm - welcomed beautiful baby Madeleine Elise into the world on 7 Dec (8 days late) after a long 30 hr labour. She's absolutely lovely and we're loving every minute with her.

Babydust and belly rubs to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Windup!
    Beautiful name!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chubear For This Useful Post:

Windupbird  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome angelini, sorry i dont know anything about that disorder either but apsrin 100mg wont hurt, should actually help with conception as it will thin the blood and that helps the embryo implant.

windupbird congratulations on your little girl, hope all is well with you and her xoxo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heatherm For This Useful Post:

Windupbird  (16-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thought I would respond as I do have the 'Prothrombin G20210A' gene - I only found out after 3 m/c - I went to every OB I could until someone took me seriously - I just knew there was something wrong.
    I have no problems with conception just the ability to keep the baby I was only able to keep it for 5 weeks and then spotting, cramping and eventually I would miscarriage - it was awful.

I did the following but obviously you need to seek your own medical advice which is what you are doing.
    I took Cartia, Folic Acid and Pregnancy Vitamins everyday and I also took Calcium as I was told my an OB that is helped with implantation prior to conception . I only stopped Calcium after conception. Then as soon as I knew I was pregnant my OB would write me a script for Clexane and I would inject every day at the same time until 38 weeks.

So primarily I took the aspirin and Clexane to keep the baby alive.

I had heaps of scans - 12 weeks, 20, 28, and at 35 weeks
    and heaps of feotal monitoring - but I think that maybe my OB felt guilty as he was with me during my last miscarriage and he had only told me a few days prior everything was ok.

I had a C - section because my OB did not want to risk anything and I stopped the aspirin prior and he stopped the Clexane 48 hours prior to the c - section

My OB was more relaxed with my second baby and I had less foetal monitoring - the risk is if the blood flow prevents baby's growth so they are able to monitor that with the scans.

My sister also has 'Prothrombin G20210A' however she had no issues at all - I have been told that it depends on whether the gene is hetrogenous or not. I never saw a hematologist but sure they will explain.

I have bored you enough - good luck in your journey and try to relax everyone's experience is different and hopefully your pregancy is smooth.
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions - happy to help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for your replies. Star - it's great to know getting pregnant is possible. I think I'll try the aspirin and see how it goes. The GP who gave me the referral is back next week so hopefully he will be willing to fax my referral to the hematologist so I can get in faster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Windup: So happy to hear about your little girl's arrival. Well done for getting through that! I thought 15 hours was bad enough!

Angelini: I don't know about your particular condition but I would concer that aspirin can be beneficial in implantation and 'set up' of the placenta. So baby aspirin (100mg) would probably be a good idea. I would think you would need something more though once you are utd.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatiana28 For This Useful Post:

Windupbird  (19-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ,
    I have a blood clotting disorder. TTC this year, was wondering how long it took to conceive for any of you with a blood clotting disorder. This will be our first if we conceive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi dees09,

from the time we went off the pill to the time ds was born was 4.5years.
    in between that time frame we had 3 naturally concieved miscarriages and did 2 iui cycles, 4 stim ivf cycles and 1 frozen ivf cycle. (ds is an ivf baby but current pregnancy is a naturally concieved one).
    good luck ttc xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you heatherm, it helps to know a rough estimate on the length of conception.Its relieving to also know that you were able to have children.