+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hopefulandwaiting it sounds like mthfr or factor v lieden, guess u wont know til they tell you.
    hetro or hetrozygous means one copy of the mutated gene i have 2(homo or homozygous) but there is also compound when it comes to mthfr as there are 2 variants of the gene. there is c677t and a1298c, i am homozygous for a1298c.
    compound is when you have one copy of c677t and one of a1298c.
    my dh is hetrozygous c677t.
    as for the hysterscopy i found it quite painful but i am a wuss!!
    yeah they wanted mine done on cd9 must be a reason for it i guess.

tatiana thanx for the enteric coated info on asprin.
    your veggie patch sounds awesome, i want one lol.

off to bed now, nitey nite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hopefulandwaiting - a diagnostic hycosy is different from the treatment one. I had mine 6 weeks ago, they give you a light painkiller when you arrive and I just felt like I had period cramps afterwards.

Heatherm - I'm homozygous for the C677T variety. Also, I believe we're on the same day of our cycles. I'm CD23, but I don't think I o'd until cd18, so I was going to try to wait until next Monday to test. Although I'm also a poas addict, so we'll see how that plan goes....

Luvabubba - hope your appointment today goes really well!

Tatiana28 - thanks for starting the thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    windupbird yep we must be cycling together
    cd23 today. i only had 2 opks left in the cupboard and didnt bother buying anymore this cycle, will again next cycle if not utd from this month. not sure exactly when i ovulated but it wouldnt have been as late as you as i only have short cyles usually 26days but the last few months have been out by a day or two. last month was 25 then month before 27 then before that 25 but before that they had regulated themself to 26day cycles. they only started playing up when i started ttc with meds.
    how many days in your cycle?
    i should know by wed or thurs if af is coming as i usually get brown/pink spotting for a day or 2 before full blown af arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Windupbird View Post
    Tatiana28 - thanks for starting the thread
    No worries, it's been really good to chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again!

Heatherm: Have you tested yet? I have my for you!

Windupbird: Only a few more days till you can start testing too! I have my for you too!! Also good luck with your OB appointment tomorrow I hope it all goes well.

Tatiana28: Ohh the round ligament pain sounds promising! Have you tested yet? I have my for you too! (lucky I have 10 fingers with so much testing coming up )

And I second Windupbird in saying thanks for starting this thread. I have been with BH for so long but never really felt like I belonged in many of the other TTC threads but I feel very at home in this one

Shantelle: Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope the rest of it is smooth sailing for you

I'm not sure who was asking about what aspirin to take but I take Cartia as well. My OB actually recommended Astrix which I bought because I thought it had an enteric coating, but the tablets don't have the coating (so I got really bad acid reflux from them). I think the Astrix capsules do have the coating but I just thought everyone else seems to have no problems with Cartia so I might as well take it. And so far so good!

AFM: Beta yesterday at 16dpo 861! I asked the OB to do a progesterone test too and it was only 36.5 (they like it at least over 30 for pregnancy) so it is ok but a little low. Considering I have had a miscarriage my OB isn't even slightly concerned which bothers me. I'm going to call him now and ask for a repeat progesterone just for piece of mind. The OB also told me we can't DTD till I reach 12 weeks I wasn't expecting that! DP surprisingly took it pretty well I have to get a repeat beta next week and we are booked in for our first scan February 2nd. I can't wait!

Good luck to everyone testing over the next few days, it'd be great to have more "blood clotters" due in September

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvabubba View Post
    Hi again!

Tatiana28: Ohh the round ligament pain sounds promising! Have you tested yet? I have my for you too! (lucky I have 10 fingers with so much testing coming up )

And I second Windupbird in saying thanks for starting this thread. I have been with BH for so long but never really felt like I belonged in many of the other TTC threads but I feel very at home in this one

AFM: Beta yesterday at 16dpo 861! I asked the OB to do a progesterone test too and it was only 36.5 (they like it at least over 30 for pregnancy) so it is ok but a little low. Considering I have had a miscarriage my OB isn't even slightly concerned which bothers me. I'm going to call him now and ask for a repeat progesterone just for piece of mind. The OB also told me we can't DTD till I reach 12 weeks I wasn't expecting that! DP surprisingly took it pretty well I have to get a repeat beta next week and we are booked in for our first scan February 2nd. I can't wait!

Good luck to everyone testing over the next few days, it'd be great to have more "blood clotters" due in September
    Great HCG level! I used progesterone pessaries for the first 12 weeks last preg. If your level isn't high enough next count, maybe suggest them to your doc?

I'm enjoying the thread too!

Yeah I was too scared to DTD for ages, I was worried about bleeding.
    I did have a bleed from round the edge of the placenta at nine weeks (SCH).

No, haven't tested yet, it's too early. To tell you the truth I really feel pregnant. But I could just be talking myself into it. Bit nauseated today.
    Not sure what I'm going to do though, I'm supposed to go back to work (from mat leave) on the 24th!!! Last preg. I couldn't work till after 10 weeks because of m/s.

Went into the hosp to chat to them today, they were encourgaing. But I'm not sure I want to get stuck in the 'conveyor belt maternity system.' Think I'll just get the clexane script from my GP.
    Heard back from the m/w I want to interview, so probably catch up with her next week. Might know by then if I am pregnant anyway..

Anyone gone private in a public hosp? Are there any benefits?
    Not sure the private cover is worth much to me now..
    Except for after if I want to go to a Mother and Baby unit again. That would have cost a FORTUNE without insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    luvabubba your hcg sounds great!! progesterone is ok mine was 550 with dh but i was on crinone progestorone supplements so little bit different to a naturally concieved pregnancy.
    best wishes for your next beta and your u/s.
    dont worry bout the no sext til 12 weeks we didnt do the deed with ds except for 2 days after he was transferred into me. i use to be able to count in weeks and days since our last sex session lol.
    it was me that was asking bout the brand of asprin as i always hear cartia being mentioned and no other brands. i used cardaprin and havent had a problem with it and it is cheap.

no i havent retested yet, only day 24 and not sure if my cycle will be a 25 day one or longer???
    mite hold off til sunday if af isnt here by then as that will make me 4 weeks i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me crashing this thread! I have Factor 5 Leiden and MFTHR gene and had two successful pregnancies and healthy children on treatment of Cartia (100mg Aspirin), Megafol (5mg folate) and MegaB. My obstetrician kept a very close eye on my Hemocystine levels and also did doppler ultrasounds regularly of blood flow through the cord and placenta. I had CS's so had increased prophalatic treatment for DVT of Clexane (6 weeks) and TED stockings and Sequential Compression Devices post surgery. I just thought i would share my story and send you all lots of baby dust with your TTC journey's and pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ojmum View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me crashing this thread! I have Factor 5 Leiden and MFTHR gene and had two successful pregnancies and healthy children on treatment of Cartia (100mg Aspirin), Megafol (5mg folate) and MegaB. My obstetrician kept a very close eye on my Hemocystine levels and also did doppler ultrasounds regularly of blood flow through the cord and placenta. I had CS's so had increased prophalatic treatment for DVT of Clexane (6 weeks) and TED stockings and Sequential Compression Devices post surgery. I just thought i would share my story and send you all lots of baby dust with your TTC journey's and pregnancies.
    That's awesome ojmum. I had no idea there were so many people out there with this MFTHR condition. I had never heard of it before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thought I would come join you all in this thread... I too am a blood clotting girl!

It took 3 m/c till I was tested- I was on half an asprin- lost the baby at 8 weeks, all babies were lost at 8 weeks- although we think they actully pasted at 5 wks.

I am now seeins an mutiple m/s- fs sp at the Monash in Melb. We are still awaiting our results of the test ran but his ideas at the moment are the usual- clexene?

I just had an US on Monday were they also discoved that I have pcos as well- so yay for me!lol

I have been cleared of factor 5 and other gene mutations by the blood DR I just have the very boring lupus anti -coagulant(sp) ALS?

Any who just wanted join in