+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sammy - I've never looked at the needle close enough as DH does mine but the nurse told us that if you look closely at the tip you will see a little bevelled bit on the needle. This needs to be on top and then you go into the skin at a 90 degree angle while pinching a bit of fat. I find if you inject across the lower part of the tummy it hurts a lot more and you bruise a lot easier. I have a massive bruise at the moment which is bigger than a 50cent piece So we generally go up along the sides.... less pain and no bruises

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all hope your all doing well and enjoying your weekend !

I have a quick question.....Do you ladies with blood disorders get really achy crampy legs ??? my legs are killing me and are worse when i have a flair up. When i can exercise, when i stop they are pretty bad and need heat packs! Just wondering if this is a common thing or i should be getting it checked out ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    not for me sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the injection tips ladies. We managed to work out if you do it on an angle not straight into the skin it doesnt hurt and dont feel a thing! only got one bruise from the first injection try. happy days..
    blood test booked in for wednesday for results. so ive got my fingers crossed but today now pregnyl is out of my system i dont feel 'pregnant' anymore so my hopes are dwindling. but you never know... cant count myself out just yet. good luck to all you girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbanails- I get really crampy feet and calves so I take extra magnesium which keeps me cramp free

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheers paula will give it a go. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey peeps.

any of you guys have an tips of how you mentally get through having the injections every day?? Or anything that your DH/DF/DB/DP does that makes it easier for you???

Dw is on clexane (i have to inject for her because she cant do it herslef).......... she seems to go really well with the injections for a week or so and then sorta breaks down and cant handle the injections (cant blame her really). she's getting really upset with all the purgegon and pregnyl injections, blood tests, and now clexane... (why cant some of these drugs be tablets, dammit??)

I tihnk she feels like she cant enjoy the pregnancy at all.

We're hoping the FS will let her alternate with asprin and clexane to reduce the amount of injections she needs to have (for her sanity! )

we dont even know for sure that she as any clotting disorder or antiphospholid/anti nuclear... she tested positive for ACA with a 5(not sure what the units of measurement are) but apparently its only consider positive at a 5 and up. apparently she's really "borderline".

I think the FS is just trying something different this time since the last 2 times we m/c.

Anyway..

any advice would be appreciated.

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Breadroll - I understand how your wife must feel. I have a needle phobia and you would think after having 2 blood clots and probably hundreds of blood tests that I would be use to them but nope they still make me feel sick. I also did the pregnyl and purgeon injections and am now on the clexane which I have to have twice a day. Towards the end of the purgeon I was able to do them myself which I was absolutley amazed with. Like you my DH has to do the clexane though as they are the most painful ones. My best advice for your wife is to always do them laying down, deep breath before, during and after the injection and hold a tissue on it firmly afterwards. I make sure I lay down for a while after the injections as I find if you move around straight away I can feel the liquid spreading..... weird I know. Sending lot's of your wife's way.

Bubba - I get achy calfs ever since I had my DVT. My Gp recommended I try some physio or get some regular massages to help with the circulation. I started becoming more active instead and that helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breadroll - I feel bad for your dw... I totally understand. I'm a diabetic as well, so I have at least 5 insulin needles per day along with the clexane. Not really sure of a way to get through it except to not think about it too much. It's a bit of a mission and certainly not an easy pregnancy, but I just try and do what I need to do and move on. I do get lots of cuddles and support from my DH and he always makes me laugh. My mum has always said 'things could be worse' and I remember that when I need a kick up the bum.

AFM- been a bit stressed as this week will be the same week we lost our baby girl, but had a scan on Friday and our lil peanut is doing great. I'm hoping after this week I will feel more at ease.

Hope you are all doing well XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadRoll View Post
    hey peeps.

any of you guys have an tips of how you mentally get through having the injections every day?? Or anything that your DH/DF/DB/DP does that makes it easier for you???

Dw is on clexane (i have to inject for her because she cant do it herslef).......... she seems to go really well with the injections for a week or so and then sorta breaks down and cant handle the injections (cant blame her really). she's getting really upset with all the purgegon and pregnyl injections, blood tests, and now clexane... (why cant some of these drugs be tablets, dammit??)

I tihnk she feels like she cant enjoy the pregnancy at all.

We're hoping the FS will let her alternate with asprin and clexane to reduce the amount of injections she needs to have (for her sanity! )

we dont even know for sure that she as any clotting disorder or antiphospholid/anti nuclear... she tested positive for ACA with a 5(not sure what the units of measurement are) but apparently its only consider positive at a 5 and up. apparently she's really "borderline".

I think the FS is just trying something different this time since the last 2 times we m/c.

Anyway..

any advice would be appreciated.

hi breadroll.
    im new to the clexane drugs only been on them for a week and dont even know if im pregnant yet. i have a needle phobia also like most of the girls who do ivf! sucky course to take when your scared of them. my man gets them ready for me and basically i dont think about them til he tells me hes ready to go. lying down putting needle in on an angle havent had one bruise bit of a sting but sooo manageable. and i get hugs and kisses and a reminder everytime 'im proud you are doing this for us. loads of praise and love...
    im dying to get preggo and would take 20 injections a day if i had to remind her how very lucky she is she has you who cares enough to ask for assistance thats amazing just there! good on you