+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, a blood test showed I have Factor 5 Leiden, my FS has put me on a half aspirin per day which I am to take every day while ttc and when pregnant, and most likely for the rest of my life... As I'm yet to go to my GP amd discuss it, just wondering if any of you girls can shed some light on what this F5L is and what it means for me... I have had 3 successful pregnancies from a previous marriage, developed a dvt when my youngest was 2 months old, and currently ttc my fourth with my husband...

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Salty, I found out I have factor 5 Leiden a few months ago. Were you told whether it is hetero something which means from one parent or homo something which means from both? If from both that's when you are more likely to be effected. They think that's what caused my miscarriages because it causes little clots to form in the placenta which is why the baby doesn't grow because they are not being nourished. There are lots of tips online about improving blood flow when you do fall pregnant. I am on a baby asprin a day while ttc and when I get pregnant. Do you see a blood dr because of your dvt? Gps and the like don't know that much about blood clotting disorders.

Anyway welcome and good luck and I would love to hear if you find out anything more about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, no I only say a GP after the dvt after I left hospital... that was 7 years ago... I never had issues with miscarriage or anything, so very lucky there. I have no idea about the homo/hetero thing, I will have to ask the dr lol...

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I got the results back from GP and I'm not pregnant . Really thought I would be to be honest. Anyway onwards and upwards as they say. AF due on Sunday but still having cramps every day for past 10 days.... Just want it here now so we can go again....

How is everyone else today???? Quiet day in here. Just done 2 hours of ironing which I've been putting off for about 2 weeks Sitting down with nice glass of vino watching dd jumping up and down on her trampoline with Daddy!!

Happy easter everyone!

T

Thanks
    Reviews
    EM- sorry you didnt get a bfp

We just spent 9 hours doing character creation for a tabletop gaming rpg game! It was brilliant! Though feeling the aftereffects of too much soft drink and I have to get up for work at 445am. Uurrrrg.

Well off to bed for me, hoppy Easter all!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Easter Ladies!

Elliemaysmama - so sorry about your bfn

Wickednails - for your bfp, sorry I don't know about ana+ and lupus, although I was tested for lupus and my doc did say it was an autoimmune disorder. I have type 1 diabetes which is also an auto immune disorder (something where your body is kinda attacking itself). apparently you are more likely to have these disorders when you already have one. Good luck!

AFM -Had a bit of a bleed on Wednesday, but my Ob did a scan and all is ok for now. Have to rest all Easter and go back on Thursday for another scan. Bleed has stopped but she took me off asprin and clexane till I see her, as that can make bleed worse. Found the heart beat with my doppler yesterday, so I feel a bit more at ease that all is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Poobear sorry to hear about bleed, very worrying I know but finding heartbeat with doppler is a great sign. Just do as Doc says and rest up and am sure all will be good again on Thursday.

So how was everyone's Easter Sunday??? We ended up heading to Dreamworld for the day. Never been before and was really good. Busy but not massively although I didnt get a chance to get on any rides myself as we kind of spent the day in Wiggles World and Nickelodeon World!! Gonna head back to do the Water Park some day next week too.

Am feeling rough now though, sore throat, runny nose, hot and cold, think I may be getting flu or something so off to bed...

Nite Nite all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! It's been a while since I've been on this thread so I just thought I'd drop in to update how things are going and it seems that I have a lot to catch up on!

Firstly, Congratulations on your BFPs Tatiana28 Windupbird PA80 Poobear Bundymummy and Hopefulandwaiting (sorry if I missed anyone). Sorry to hear about your bleed Poobear it doesn't happen again, finding bubs heartbeat with the doppler is a great sign.

Heatherm: Sorry to hear that your last round of IVF was unsuccessful. TTC does get to be very consuming so it's good to take a break when you need it. when you are ready your TTC journey is a quick one.

Mummy_to_thomas: Sorry to hear about the loss of your bub, I can't even begin to imagine the impact that would have had on you and your family . Unfortunately I don't know anything about antithrombillin III, but it seems your docs are taking the right steps to ensuring you are taking the right medications/vitamins to prevent it happening again. Good Luck in September!

Angelbubswithwings: I noticed that your ticker says that you are below your goal weight. Congratulations on such a great effort!

Bundymummy: Sorry to hear about your losses It is strange that you and your family seem to test negative to clotting disorders when there clearly seems to be a clotting issue in the family. Maybe you have a rare form that they don't test for? Anyway the aspirin should be able to help thin out your blood, your little one is sticky this time.

Best of luck to all the Ladies still TTC, I hope your journeys are short and your pregnancies drama free

AFM: For the people that don't know my story I have moderately high anticardiolipin antibodies. We miscarried a bub last July at 6 weeks and also had a chemical pregnancy in October last year. We finally got our BFP in January (taking low dose aspirin) and I am currently 19 weeks 1 day pregnant We had our morph scan last week and things seem to be going well so far. And we found out we are having a little girl which we are both very happy about!

My OB has advised me that he'll most likely send me for a few more additional scans along the way to check the blood flow and make sure all is well and I'll most likely stop taking the aspirin around 32 weeks (although I'm going to push to stay on it a little longer, maybe 34-36 weeks). I've started to feel our little Ladybug squirming around for just over a week now and my belly is really starting to pop out! Very exciting (but still scary) times! I can't wait to have our little princess in my arms so that I know she is safe and well.

Best of luck to everyone else both those with BFPs and those still trying. My thoughts are with you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luvabubba: Congrats on your pink bundle to come

Elliemaysmama: Sorry to hear about your negative result.

Poobear: I think bleeding around that time is pretty common. The placenta is implanting and there can be bleeding from the side of it, especially when you're on thinners. I had a bleed at 9 weeks last time.
    But this time I've been bleeding about once a week!

saltygirl: Hi and welcome

Paula: That's scarey, but hopefully that little egg took a leisurely float on down?
    Have you had any news re: HCG levels?

Wickednails: Hi and welcome. I'm an ana+ mummy too.

Afm: Recovering from the worst 24 hours so far. Haven't kept anything down at all. Miserable. Considered taking myself to the hosp. but it seems to be turning. *bleh*
    I can't wait to get off the progesterone. I'm sure it's contributing to this nausea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I'm just subscribing as I haven't seen this thread before, and although I'm not TTC yet, I will be later in the year I have FVL (heterozygous) and one lovely DD, which thankfully was a trouble-free pregnancy which I only had to use asprin on. It's nice to know this thread is here though if I need some support or advice in the future

Quote Originally Posted by saltygirl View Post
    Hi, a blood test showed I have Factor 5 Leiden, my FS has put me on a half aspirin per day which I am to take every day while ttc and when pregnant, and most likely for the rest of my life... As I'm yet to go to my GP amd discuss it, just wondering if any of you girls can shed some light on what this F5L is and what it means for me... I have had 3 successful pregnancies from a previous marriage, developed a dvt when my youngest was 2 months old, and currently ttc my fourth with my husband...
    Saltygirl. FVL is different for different people, as ABWW mentioned, if you're homozygous you're more likely to get blood clotting (and associated pregnancy-related problems) than if you're hetero. If you've had 3 successful PG's so far, chances are you're probably hetero. Mine was only diagnosed after my mum had a DVT a couple of years ago (she also had 2 pregnancies - 2 caesars - and abdominal surgery with no complications at all) so my sister and I got tested. She has to take 100mg of asprin a day. Because I've never had a clot myself (despite being on the pill for 10+ years) I only have to take it while PG (didn't actually ask my OB about when TTC, but should!).

Basically it means you have a higher chance of miscarriage/stillbirth/bleeds than if you didn't have FVL, but of most of the clotting disorders, FVL is one of the 'better' ones I think, in that your chances are not that much higher HTH