+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherm View Post
    hi ladies,

bfn for me.
    giving ttc a miss for a while to focus on ds and other things in life.
    i am very blessed to have ds and would love a sibling for him but dont want to financial and emotional stress of ivf and ttc.

wishing you all the best in your pregnancies and ttc journeys

heather

xoxoxoxo
    It can be full on. Take care Heather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congratulations hopefulandwaiting
    Such fantastic news! Definitely sounds like a meant to be miracle bubba!

Heatherm - so sorry about your bfn Hoping a break from TTC refreshes you.

Sammy and Chubear - how are you going??

PA80 - how you feeling?

AFM - My emotions are so confused and all over the place, I guess my hormones are contributing, but I feel like noone understands. I should be going on maternity leave for Jennifer at Easter and it's painful to think about, even though I'm happy and excited about our little peanut growing.
    On a good note, it seems I'm not bruising as badly from the clexane injections, which is great, cos I was starting to look like a punching bag around my tummy and wearing jeans was very uncomfortable. Even my insulin is bruising me a bit now.
    Can't wait for the Easter break!

to you all XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to let you all know our Bubby is in the right spot and we have a beautiful flickering heart rate of 120!!!

Started on aspirin but will go back for another scan next Wednesday to get a clearer pic and possibly clexane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Hopeful, thats such awesome news!! Good luck for Wednesday, I'm sure all will be fine

Hi Poobear, its such a confusing mix of emotions isn't it. I have had one meltdown so far, I'm sure it wont be my last

Heather- I hope your break from TTC is rejuvinating and restfull for you, take care xo

AFM- I just want to SLEEP! Not only am I feeling weary from the hormone changes, but I cannot sleep at night. I had this last time too. I want to sleep in the afternoon, and sleep alright then if I let myself, but can't get comfy at night. So I've been trying to last the day without an afternoon nap to make myself REALLY tired in the hope I'll sleep at night! So far my plan is totally falling apart, and now I'm just tired with a headache as I feel like I haven't slept in days. Arghhh
    All else appears to be on track, lots of morning (+afternoon, evening, night) sickness, can't stand smells, and feel generally terrible! But I wouldn't give it up, and I'm not complaining! Bring it on!
    Hanging for Tuesday.......
    Oh and I'm turning a year older on Sunday, I have noticed 'silver' highlights in my hair to prove my age or at least my stress level of recent times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining? A little bakck ground info:

We lost our DS2 on 31 January 2011 at 31 weeks due to severe PE, gestational diabetes and a severe full abruption Since this, I've been tested for all the blood clotting disorders and have come back with an abnormal reading for antithrombillin III. I don't know much as it but they have retested me and I"m waiting on the results which I should hopefully get next week.

We are looking at TTC again from September this year, I first have to get myself healthy (iron levels low due to 2 litres of blood lost) and I also need to work on loosing weight. After speaking with the docs I have been advised to take megafol and calcium, also as soon as I know I'm preg, need to start on aspirin as well.

Does anyone know much about this antithrombillin III? Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel,
    Welcome to the clotting thread, its a very friendly little place.
    I am so sorry to hear of your angel boy, I lost my boy at 31wks too. I also had undiagnosed PE, and have now discovered Dh & I are both carriers MTHFR, which caused clots in the placenta.

I hope you get the medical care you need, I don't know much about Antithrombollin III, as I'm a little new to thrombophillia's etc myself, but some of the other ladies might.

Please feel free to hang around, vent, ask questions, we all have varied problems and lots of us have also suffered the loss of our children, so make yourself at home, we understand what you are going through Big Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Mel!!

Afm: cd 1
    5 months trying, nothing yet. I start testing this month. Dr wants to screen for pcos , glucose testing, some 24hr urine test.
    Next month will be internal us for cysts etc.
    Bit sad, but onward I suppose.
    Good luck for all you girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful: Sounds great

PA80: I feel your nausea!!

Mummytt: Welcome. I don't have the same clotting problem, but we're all a bit different. Feel free to share here.
    Sorry to hear about your angel baby. Truely heartbreaking.
    Most of us here have lost babies at one stage or another.

Chubear: Don't give up. As frustrating as it is.

AFM: I've started a blog about my journey, if you wanted to check it out. The link is below.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey

Hi Girls

I've been slack I know, but here I am. I've read back to see how everyone is going.

so glad to hear about your scan hopeful, that is such wonderful news - i don't usually belive in miracles but it's sounding pretty close.

Hey Paula, glad to hear that it's all going well - those strong sickness symptoms do sound good but as someone who has had 2 x 3 months of debilitating morning sickness, I also understand how awful it can be. I hope your getting plenty of rest and I can't wait to hear about Tuesday's scan.

Hi Mel, welcome and very sorry about the loss of your precious son. I can't help you with that particlar disorder. I tested positive to factor 5 leiden after two miscarriages in the last year or so. I hope that you find the support that you need. I have also been on a weight loss journey since last year and have lost 37kgs now. After waking up from my last d and c i too lost allot of blood and the surgeon was there with her hands on her hips and the first thing she said was about losing weight. I was in denial and had let it stack on. It has been hard but i have gone from being obese into my healthy weight range and just feel wonderful for it. I did weight watchers online which worked for me, let me know if you need any tips.

Hi Chu, CD2 here and i feel your pain. I was so certain this month would be it, my body did all the right things - lots of cm at o time, lots of well timed bding and sure signs a few days before af. But nope, after 3 days of streaky spotting Af came with avengence yesterday - the worst worst worst af in my entire life. I spent most of last night up shaking and almost throwing up - i was losing alot of blood and have no idea what was going on. I wonder if i was anemic for some reason. Anyway, i have started to feel much better today and it has calmed down. Lets hope next month is our month.

So apart from the worst AF in the world it has been an incredibly stressful week. Our land was due to settle on Tuesday and the bank stuffed up our paperwork and it has now been delayed. It really tested us because we are being fined each day we are late by the vendor but I think we are back on track for next Tuesday. Luckily the builder hasn't caught up that it has been delayed and the land is fenced and has been dug out.

It has been a really hard week. Everytime I get AF it is such a let down and I have a big cry to DH and last night we had a pretty heated arguement. He doesn't understand why I have distanced myself from our friends over the last year or so. I am quite a peace with my world but alot of my friends don't understand what we are going through and just don't ask me how I feel or want to know how we are going. Anyway, he finds that sad - i just tried to explain that my priority is my family - him, ds11 and me. He finds it sad that I have to come onto here to find understanding and acceptance but i just think that if you haven't been through it, you just don't get it.

Work is flat out as well, I have taken on a management position for a few months and I'm loving it. It is really busy but also satisfying, much more so than my usual desk job.

Well better get on with the day, it's nice and sunny here and i think i will tak the dog for a walk!

love to allx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies, thought I'd pop my head in and say hi

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd bubba (although this is my 6th pregnancy).

I miscarried before my DD at only 4.5 weeks and went on to have my beautiful little girl with no pregnancy dramas. I ended up PND and we postponed trying for another bubba for 2 years. When DD turned 2 we started trying again and my whole world fell apart.

I miscarried at 5.5 weeks in October. I fell pregnant again in November and discovered we were pregnant with twins (a true miracle as we have no history on either side). I miscarried in December at 6.5 weeks and my doctor finally referred me to an OB.

I've been on asprin ever since with strict instructions to call him as soon a I missed my period. I've been to hell and back these last few months and decided to stop trying as I felt I couldn't cope with another loss. We stopped trying and life was OK.

I was due to begin taking the pill last month when I really had to sit down and think about things. My period was overdue and I couldn't bring myself to think about what that meant. Eventually I took a HPT and the result was a .

I've been on progesterone for the last two weeks and my OB wants me to continue until at least 12 weeks, I think it will depend on my blood results.

I'll be on aspirin until 34 weeks and then clexane until I have bubba at 38 weeks by planned c-section. Will obviously have to continue with the clexane for a few weeks after bubba is born also.

I don't have a clotting disorder that shows up in any blood tests . My mum, Aunty and Nanna have all suffered from DVT's and PE's from when they turned around 30yrs old. Not one of them shows any signs of clotting disorders yet they are all on blood thinners due to previous clots. It's very strange and quite frustrating knowing that something isn't working properly but not being able to diagnose it.

I've rambled on long enough! If you've got to the end of this, thank you