+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Luvabubba, great going! Hope that little bub sticks and the meds do their work!
    So exciting to see that test, just want to see it get darker and darker eh?

[QUOTE=hopefulandwaiting;5471202]Hi Ladies, I hope you dont mind me jumping in....

My Dh and I have been told to take cartia when we get a bfp and then as soon as we see a heartbeat to go onto clexane...im not scared of this cause we have been through so much to get to this point...im not exactly sure what they class my blood clotting as but they have just said that these 2 drugs should help us carry through to term..

my question is...i am cd31 today..this is the longest cycle I have ever had...too scared to test...should i just start taking the cartia?? we were not supposed to be ttc so was not taking it...not sure if our bding matches o day cause i wasnt keeping track but still have a niggling feeling that i am utd!! I had stained ewcm 2 weeks ago and a small amount of spotting...soooo confused right now but am considering taking the cartia from today just to cover my bases...what do you think???

QUOTE]

Hi Hopefulandwaiting, Jump on in. I'm not sure why they would not want you to be on asprin while tcc? I was advised to take it threee months before tcc.
    Can you call someone and ask them. I suppose if you are UTD then you would prob get a pos test, so might be worth while testing and starting your asprin.
    It makes sense to me to be on it earlier becasue the m/c I had were early and if I had waited till 5 weeks or so to start my pregnancy would have been non-viable already, because the apsrin helped with implantation too.

Hope you get some answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning!

Hopefulandwaiting: I second what Tatiana said it's probably better to start the aspirin before a BFP because it can help with implantation too. I have never had a BFP unless I was taking aspirin (I only miscarried my 1st pregnancy because my stupid GP told me to stop taking the aspirin because it could harm my baby, so I stopped and 5 days later miscarried!). I used to start taking aspirin when I O'ed but this cycle I started around CD7, I usually don't take it while I have AF but I have heard of many others that take it everyday of their cycle.

Actually something that might be interesting to this group is that since we have been TTC the cycles that I haven't taken aspirin (and we timed BDing right) I have ALWAYS had 24 hours of uterus cramping around the 6-8dpo range (trying to implant??) and then had AF arrive. The cycle I was pregnant (but miscarried) I took aspirin from O and had about 2 hours of uterus cramping at 7dpo. The cycle I had the chemical pregnancy I took aspirin from CD3 to O and then stopped and I had no cramping at all so was very surprised when I got a BFP (followed by AF because I had stopped the aspirin ) and this cycle I took the aspirin from CD7 and will continue till (hopefully) 36 weeks and I have had no cramping again!

So the long story short (for me) is that starting the aspirin early in my cycle definitely helps with smooth implantation. HTH

Heatherm: My OB has said that I have to come off the aspirin at 32 weeks but I'm going to push for 36 weeks because that is when I have heard most others stop. It'll give the baby a few more weeks to grow without the chance of blood clots forming at least. That's a bit of a worry that no one told you stop the aspirin, my OB is pretty concerned having me on aspirin he's even sending me for an early scan to check that the bub is not ectopic because of the issues with bleeding more on aspirin. So you should be careful of that too.

I don't know why you can't see the pic from the other day it seems to work ok when I click on it but maybe thats because it's in my album! Can anyone else see it? Maybe I need to change settings or something (I'm a bit technologically challenged )

You didn't miss much it was a bit of a squinter anyway, today's is much better

Tatiana: Yep I can't wait for the line to keep getting darker, I tested way to early and it feels like it's taking a lifetime to darken up. Today's is definitely an improvement from Mondays though. I actually woke up this morning expecting there to be no line because I am feeling zero symptoms and have no indication that I am pregnant at all. I haven't even told DP because I thought it was another chemical. I'm actually leaving a test on the end of the kitchen bench and switching it with the new one each day to see how long it takes him to notice the 2 lines He thinks that there is always a faint line where the test line goes so it could take him a while to notice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    luvabubba a big fat congratulations to you honey wooo hooo you look to be utd.
    not sure why i couldnt see the picture but i think it was cos i wasnt logged in when i clicked on it as i can see them now when logged in.
    are you going to go get confirmation from the doctor about being utd?
    hope you have a healthy baby growing inside you!!

as to the wether or not to start asprin when ttc or when you get a bfp it is controversial depending on the doctor, they all say different things, so fustrating.
    my hospital reckon that the mthfr is why we m/c and have trouble concieving but my fs doesnt believe it at all so not sure who i should be believing as they all seem like they have no clue and fs doesnt want to test further on our unexplained infertility.
    i personally do believe the mthfr has caused us trouble as we didnt get our bfp with ds until i asked to go onto an anticoagulant then switched to a blood thinner. i strongly believe that without the clexane and asprin our beautiful ds would not be with us today. wether or not this is true we will never know.
    asprin thins the blood which can assist with implantation as it is improving the blood flow to the uterus(not sure on the research to prove this). that is normally why you start whilst ttc not when bfp cos your blood flow may be causing embryos to not implant.

hopefulandwaiting so did you test yet?
    good luck if you havent but are going to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB explained the asprin as helping the placenta embed itself and create it's own blood flow without any trouble with clots. She said my body was seeing the embryo as an invader (cause of course it contains foreign cells too) and clotting off the developing placenta.
    It's an autoimmune thing for me.
    Interesting hearing about everyones stories.
    I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I'm going to have to inject myself again with Clexane..
    Terrible, but m/c again would be worse.

Very exciting Luvavbubba, you going to catch up with a healthcare provider soon? Ps: Did your Hubby notice??

Any news Hopefulandwaiting? Hope you're doing ok.
    Last edited by Tatiana28; 06-01-2011 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi...no news here..still feeling the same but too scared to test..had a big headache today so af usually follows but not here yet..may see what happens tomorrow and then may test...will keep you updated!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'm so happy to run across your thread. I have the MTHFR gene mutation with raised homocysteine levels - I found this out after I got a blood clot a year ago. We're TTC #1 and I had been advised by a cardiologist that I need to take 5mg of Folic Acid now (for MTHFR) and that I will need to start Clexane injections from about week 4 of a pregnancy and then switch to Heparin around week 36. I didn't know until I stumbled across this thread and did some research this afternoon that the MTHFR could contribute to infertility as well.

Is anyone on Clexane to help keep a sticky bub or does everyone take Aspirin?

I also have PCOS and only ovulated twice last year (I'm now on cycle 2 of Clomid), so when I finally get an egg to pop out I'm worried my blood clotting will mess it up.

I'm not sure whether to go back to my Cardiologist, OB (who is managing the Clomid) or seek out a FS. Any advice?

Luvabubba - good luck with your sticky bub!

heatherm - as a fellow MTHFR mutant do you have any other words of wisdom?

hopefulandwaiting - good luck with your HPT.

Lots of - the very sticky kind - to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls cd 1 for me today..I'm actually a little relieved cause i don't feel ready to be utd again...I'm going to start taking cartia after af buggers off..not sure if we are ttc this month or not cause I still have to have a hycosy to make sure my tubes are not blocked...

Hope everyone is doing well today!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah and I also take the 5mg folic acid which they said I have to take everyday for the rest of my life!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    windupbird hello, no sorry no words of wisdom from me, i google mthfr sometimes to get info.
    i was only diagnosed halfway through my pregnancy(concieved via ivf).
    i have had 3 naturally concieved m/c first was missed and 1 chemical pregnancy from ivf before ds was concieved.
    i am currently jabbing clexane injections to ttc, not sure how long i will be on them but i think around 4or5months preggo if we succeed. then asprin most likely, not too sure as we have moved states since having ds so i will be going to a different hospital.

hopefulandwaiting do u know what blood disorder you have?
    sounds like mthfr as you need to take folic acid for the rest of your life and mthfr makes it so your body doesnt absorb vitamin b and folic acid.

hello everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea what its called cause I have been going through the public hospital for all my tests but I'm seeing a fs in march so they will be able to help me with all my questions..they definitely told me that I had a folic acid deficiency so I was kinda glad when things didn't work out cause I don't want Bubby to have problems that could have been avoided...