+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    pa80 yes i inject into my stomach. i actually found it hurt less when i had a baby belly than my flab that is there now from ds pregnancy.
    the injections wont hurt the baby the needles are not as long as they look lol.
    i assume you are going to be on 40mg? there is 20mg also but i have only had 40mg. they are pre filled syringes that come in boxes of 10. ask your doctor for an 'authority script' it entitles you to more boxes at a time for same price as 1 box.
    i use to get a authority script for 3 boxes which was the same price as 1 box but at the moment fs only gave me a script for 2 boxes for the price of 1.
    i get mine from the chemist, never got them from a hospital. when i was put onto asprin the dr gave me a script to get it from the pharmacist from the hospital and they told me to go to a chemist as it would be way cheaper and it was.
    i pay $33-34 for clexane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heather is that price for one box?? And is it just one needle per day??

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 33/35 per box which holds ten needles. Usually it's once a day. If you have no fat , you inject into your butt cheek. My dr recommended outer thigh for me- I gots plenty of flab so that's fine for me.
    My dr said he'd give me a six month script but said it would cost me per box as usual. Now I'm hoping for a discount!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi hopefulandwaiting,

yeah that is the price for one box but an authority script should say how many boxes you are getting for the price of 1.

although in saying this i have noticed that i have several scripts for clexane which have more than one box but they arent authourity scripts to my knowledge but i have always had to have authority scripts in the past. maybe it was because i was going to be on them for 4+months or something???

for me i only have one needle a day but i have heard of people doing 2 a day especially if they have found blood clots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies,

PA80 - I've gotten my clexane from Joondalup hospital, cos that's where my ob is, and also the chemist. I get 2 boxes for about $34, from both places. I also have type 1 diabetes, so I have to inject insulin. I asked my diabetes doc about injecting into my belly when it's big and tight and he said there is a very thick layer of fat/tissue in front of baby so there's no problem injecting there. At the moment I still have a bit of fat on my belly from being pregnant with Jennifer, so there's plenty of fat to chose from
    Yes, you need a sharps container. The hospital chemist gave me one along with a DVD to show you how to inject etc.. with my first script. Although I have sharps containers for my insulin needles anyway. Once they are full you take them to the chemist and they dispose of them.
    Hopefulandwaiting - I'm also just on one clexane injection per day.

AFM- Scan today at 3pm.... nervous, anxious and excited!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PooBear- Oh how exciting!!! Hoping it all goes beautifully

Thanks
    Reviews
    poobear hope your scan goes well xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    got more clexane from chemist today, cost me $34.20 for 2xboxes of 10 syringes but they only had 1 box so i have to go back tomorrow to pick up the other one.
    i noticed on the sticker it has full price of $108.85, so glad i dont pay that for it. think it must be pbs or something???

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think clexane is on the PBS.
    Poobear - how did the scan go?

I am 9DPO and waiting to test. so far all BFn ( soooo not surprising!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Scan went great, lovely strong heartbeat of 140bpm and size is right on dates... so so relieved and excited! There is actually something happening in there!Sure makes clexane easier to take!
    I'm off to Bunbury for the night with my DH to visit my sister.
    Have a great weekend