+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Did any other non-custodial father ignore their child's existance on Christmas?

DD's father did. God I hate him.

No present. No phonecall. Not even a freaking facebook message (she has her own facebook account for this very reason).

It's like he's got his new son with his new girlfriend... who cares about the daughter he already had?

I feel so evil for wishing this, but I often wish something horrible would happen to him. Like death or something that has him permanently hospitalised. At least that way, I'd have a proper reason to give DD as to why he hasn't called/sent her something (he lives overseas, so that's why he can't see her).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What a loser.

I just had a look at Chanel's FB page (hope you don't mind) she is gorgeous. I don't know why he doesn't want to see her, he is a *********. I am angry for you and hurt for poor little Chanel. If Grant did that I'd be messaging him some really horrible things, even Xmas day this year (cos we are still living together but I am moving out in a few weeks-can't wait) he didn't even get out of bed to see his kids open their presents. They got up at 8am so it wasn't that early.

Some men just need a good kick in the nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD1's "father" did. He lives 15min away and nothing. DD occasionally gets a text from his wife for christmas or birthdays, but im guessing this year they are to busy playing happy families with their DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had to call the boys Mum 3 times spread out over the morning before she answered. She spoke to them for 1 minute and 50 seconds between them, so less than a minute each.

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, DS1's Dad did. He has ignored him since the start of April, selfish f#ck. Heard nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This makes me so mad, you would think that if a person is unable to see his or her child then a phone call would be something that would be a priority over everything else. I haven't been away on any special days, but when mine went to my mum's house for the night I still rang to read to her over the phone and talk about how her day went. I can't imagine not living with her, and not calling her if she had to be somewhere else. At what stage do you just give up and not pursue it any longer? Mick, 3 phone calls to the mother, what a cow for not calling THEM for Christmas! From what I read in here, it always seems like the parent with the children is the one who chases up the other parent to keep that involvement going. I'm wondering how long that goes on for? My mum did it with my little brother too, and now he's an adult he refuses to have anything to do with our father, refuses to send a card for his birthday or fathers day or anything, yet our father still blames our mother for not trying hard enough. It would have been better if she didn't, and why is it up to the custodial parent to put in the effort to ensure the other parent has a relationship with the child? Our father lived in the same town as us until he left the state when my brother was in year 12 and there was nothing to stop him from seeing my brother. In fact, when my mum wanted to go to the river she'd call our father and see if he wanted to meet them out there and have some time with his son, same with trips to the movies, she'd ring him and say she's looking at taking him to this movie but if he wants to instead that would be great, my brother wanted his father to be the one who took him. It was always met with an "I'm too busy with (new girlfriend) and her (adult) kids" and the one time he did take my brother to the movies it was packed out, there were 3 seats together and 1 behind, so our father and his girlfriend sat with her daughter and my brother sat behind them on his own. Yet it's apparently our mother's fault for not putting in the effort???

Sorry for the rant, it just really makes me mad like the other parent is supposed to be made out to be a god to the kids when they aren't around instead of the kids being allowed to know the truth, as if custodial parents don't have enough to do in a day without worrying about the ex having a good relationship with the kids in a break-up!

I hope that little girl of yours is ok Sassy, she has a great mummy and she has a man in her life doing Daddy Duties so hopefully she won't be too concerned about him in future.

to all you wonderful Mums and Dads who have stepped up and taken responsibility and to the exes who didn't put in any effort to see or talk to the child or at least send a card or something for the kids over this period.

My bestie's brother's ex-wife posted a message on her facebook page to say happy birthday to her 4 year old. He cannot read, he does not have facebook, and even the father of the kids doesn't have her on his facebook! I haven't deleted her, neither has my bestie, so we saw what she did and that was it, no phone call or anything. She went over the following day, no card or present, didn't say happy birthday, asked if she could take the 3 year old daughter out on a girl's day out!!! He said no, he said if you want to take any of our kids out right now you will take Mr 4 and give him a special day out for his birthday. She left with none of the kids. I don't get it! And now she's all upset because he's moved away with the kids, pfft, well, yes he has, he's moved away to give them the best possible life and it's not like she had anything to do with them anyway! I feel for the kids, but at the same time in this instance it's best if they don't see their mother at all than to see her playing favourites and only doing things with the daughter, only giving presents to the daughter, only taking a birthday card to the daughter. They have 3 kids, not just one, and she couldn't make time for the boys so now she can't see any of them, it was causing those little boys so much distress and they are all only young, 6, 4.5 and 3.

Sorry for that rant too, makes my blood boil, can you tell? Keep doing a great job with your kids and hopefully the other parent will either come around or disappear! I'm lucky this one did the disappearing act and we haven't heard from him in a very long time, hopefully never will again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No but i wish he had. He was an hour and a half late. Spent half an hour with them during which he left twice (to get something from his car and then to 'quickly' duck home for something else).

and of course I am the one left to explain where daddy has gone or why he is late.

You are not alone in wishing something would happen to FOB so at least there would be an excuse. Plus the bonus of never having to deal with him again.

Grrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you are hurting hon - hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    my kids' dad was to have the kids for 7 days over xmas so he could take them interstate to his family. He took me to court to get orders letting him take them to his family. And then, for this xmas which is the first after the court orders were made, he decided he didn't want them after all, and went to his new partner's mum's place for xmas instead. He did call them tho, and luckily the girls forgot they were meant to spend this xmas with daddy. He's meant to have them for a week in January to take them to his family again, but that is looking highly unlikely. I sometimes think the only reason he wants access is to minimise child support commitments (not that he has paid any).

It is a shame, it seems it is really common for dads to pull away, particularly after they start a new family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    some people *growls*