+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are braces the only option?

My teeth are not terrible.. But one of the front ones bothers me.

When I was younger I knocked my front teeth out I had none for a few years.. So one is in front of the other cause Im assuming the others started to grow/ move in..

IF I WANTED one day to get them fixed to even make them a little straighter would braces be my only option..

I have o idea what does what on the orthodontics front...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think u can get a thin thing kinda like a mouthguard that slowly moves them into place. I know someone that got that before her wedding. U couldn't even notice she was wearing it unless u were reeeeeeeeally close. But it depends on how bad ur teeth are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MM thanks ill look into something like that..

Do you know what they are called?

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's invisalign - for minor adjustments. More expensive though and it's up to you to keep them in! You have to take them out when you consume anything other than water.

Your other options are regular braces with ceramic brackets - not so noticeable.

And lingual braces which sit behind the teeth so you can't see them at all. Again more expensive than your traditional ones like the ceramics.

If you need work to your jaw done then the invisalign is no good.

I have had all three as an adult (semi retired orthodontist- liked to experiment i guess and took about 3 years! Only cost 7 grand though due to him doing the treatments on his own accord) and the best was probably the lingual braces. You can certainly feel them though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The technology with Invisalign has changed so much, even in the last year. It's the same price and just as effective! And no metal tracks :-) I work at a dental practice in Melbourne that do 200 plus cases and everyone raves about them! Check it out for yourself. Most adults love it and teens now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently using Invisalign and I love them. I was like you, my teeth weren't too bad, but I had a few issues with the front two top teeth and a couple at the bottom.
    I had 15 plates made up altogether and I am currently on the last ones, and I think my teeth look great.
    I got them made last year, so they ended up being about $1500 more expensive than braces, but I couldn't stand the thought of having braces at my age so decided the extra money was worth it.
    I am currently only wearing them at night as per the orthodontists instructions, but am due to have one more set made up as my teeth didn't move exactly as planned, but this doesn't cost me any extra, so I don't mind.
    They are not uncomfortable, yes you have to take them out to eat or drink anything besides water, but that wasn't a huge issue to me, and a spoke with a bit of a lisp at first until my mouth got used to them, but honestly, no one has noticed me wearing them over the 12 months I have been wearing them.

Let me know if you have any other questions about them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm now getting invisalign free from work!! Woot woot!!! Love them! Thanks