+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking Donor Embryo to complete family in Brisbane

Brisbane family seeking Donor Embryos
    ****We have found one and are waiting for it to be finalised!****

Brett and I would cherish the opportunity to give lovingly created embryos the chance to be born. It would be a great joy to our family. We have a vivacious 3 year old ready to be a loving and enthusiastic older sister and a small army of caring grandmothers, aunts, uncles and little cousins waiting in the wings to welcome a little one to our regular family gatherings. They offer love and support and the opportunity for the seeds to be sown to a variety of interests and adventures.
    Before my current engagement as a stay at home mum, I was an English language Instructor and my partner of 5 years, Brett, is a numerical modeller at CSIRO. I hope to continue as a stay at home mum until our daughter and any other child or children are in school. We have a lovely new home also containing a cat, fish and hermit crabs. We have an interest in animals, sponsor a guide dog and try to grow some of our own veggies in our small suburban patch.
    We have flexible expectations on a possible relationship with the donors and their family: from being adopted in as active honorary Aunt, Uncle and Cousins, to being a special family we exchange Christmas cards with, to having a virtually anonymous arrangement with minimal continuing contact. We look at the possibility of the adoption of embryos resulting in a special connection with another family as a potential bonus over and above our primary hope of extending our family.
    You can contact us through Bub Hub or my email, cillile@hotmail.com.
    Thank you,
    Rosemary (Cillile), Brett (DP) and Abbey (DD)
    Last edited by cillile; 21-10-2011 at 15:45. Reason: Donor found :)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bumping myself up... excuse me

Hi. Yes, we are still looking for our little embies.

I was a little worried about it during the flood, yes our house might be flooded and things lost, but I still found time to wonder if the flooding would be the last financial straw to end our dream of a little brother or sister for DD. Well it isn't! Thank goodness.
    We were extra ordinarily lucky. We were flooded and did lose some stuff. Our lower floor copped about a metre, but our upper floor was flood free. Our granny flat is out of action and we are still scrubbing furniture and the inner bits of walls, but we will cope with the refit somehow.
    Neighbours were absolutely wonderful during the flooding. We had help moving out furniture and the things we could take. They helped feed us and take care of our pets. Our hermit crabs, fish and cat were all billeted to different houses. Our cat might have been a little reluctant to return as his billet offerred him a queen sized bed and his own ensuite.
    We also had a lot of help with the clean out of mud and return of the evacuated possessions.
    Our little neighbourhood seems much closer now. So some good has come out of it for us.
    I have recently started a few threads on embryo donation. I hope these will help create a little more discussion on this option.
    Ta ta for now,
    Cillile

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Im so embarrased to be bumping myself up again

Hi. Im embarrased, but yes Im bumping my own ad up again.

We are still looking for a donation of embryos so we can build our family. We have recently added an ant farm with about 20 ants to the family, but it is not the same as a little brother or sister at all. On an upside a little bit of apple once every couple of days is easier maintance than a little baby. Other than that, babies beat ants hands down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I will help you bump up. I hope you find your embie donor soon.
    I know some women who have been looking for a family to adopt thier embies over on the Aussie egg doners, I dont know if you are on there already. I thought I would let you know just in case you wernt. I hate to think you were missing out on the opertunity of recieveing an emmbie just because I didnt let you know about them. That is the only place I have ever seen any one looking for a family to adopt thier embies.
    Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Just wanted to wish you all the very best for finding your donor embryos. From your posts I can tell that the little one would be greatly loved.

May 2011 be a good year for you.

Take care

Forever Grateful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cillile
    Sending you heaps of that you find your embies soon so that you can complete your family, all the best
    Jo x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you HeatherRob, ForeverGrateful and Bubba4me. I really appreciate the good wishes and the boost up. I hope you are all going well in your own searches too.The wait is hard, isn't it. It all could still happen though.

On Friday, our insurance company gave us a compassionate partial payout for the flooding damage despite that we didn't have specific flood insurance. It has restored our faith in big companies considerably. So thanks RACQ. We are still waiting while our inner studs etc in our walls dry out so that we can refit. The drying out is so very slow. We are so lucky to have the top floor to live in. Others in the street behind us are still living with virtually no facilities or still staying with friends and relatives while things dry and are rebuilt.

Quiet day today with swimming lesson this morning and my sister and her little daughter over so that she could get some work for the local theatre done. Another quiet one tomorrow with craft at Bunnings in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cillile,

We are currently on the site searching for an egg donor angel. So I wanted to wish you lots of luck in your search for an embryo. Not sure about your local Fertility Clinic, but we are also on a wait list with our clinic for an embryo, it stays anonymous but there is only a 12 month wait, which has already come down to a 9 month wait in just over 5 weeks. Obviously we would love the opportunity to use my partners sperm first with an ED, however we remain on that list in case we don't have any luck in finding that someone special. My doctor explained that most couples in WA once they have finished their own families using IVF that they mostly donate left over embryo's to other couples. Not sure if you have looked into this option with your Fertility clinic?

Take care
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Khris,
    It is great your clinic has so many embryos that the wait list is so much shorter. I wonder what the difference is over there in WA. Our clinic said that only 10% of left over embryos they get are donated with the other 90% left to surcumb. They do not have a research donation option.
    We are on our clinics wait list for embryos and have been for about 9 months. The unofficial wait time is about 5 years and the clinic does say that most people do fall off it and never recieve an embie. I wont be up to waiting that long so it is unlikely to find an embryo there. I was under the impression that this time frame is similar to most other clinics that do donation around here. Our clinic has a complex system for listing. Clients with no children are always ahead of clients with children and the order is based on when you started treatment with that clinic. Im reluctant to move to another clinic as we have already got some way up this list due to being in treatment with them since 2006.
    Good luck with your search for an ED.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you all the best with yr journey dear girl