+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister has just bought in Sunshine West. The railway station is being fixed up and there is going to be a lot of new infrastructure. Its relative proximity to the city plus all the new development means that in 5 years it wont be the same suburb that it is known for today and prices will rise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm trying to think of some areas to recommend but it's so hard! It depends on what you like. For example my dream area would be Warrandyte but I work from home and don't need to commute. My hubby on the other hand really wants a short train commute to his city job so we love living in the inner bayside area where the train ride is only 15 mins from Flinders Street.

He's a city boy so would prefer to live in a smaller house in hip and happening Carlton or Fitzroy. I need space, trees, good private and public schools and beach, So inner bayside is our best compromise.

My dream inner city neighborhood is Clifton Hill - it has hip cafes and the beautiful bike track along the river that feels like you're far away in the bush. I think we'll move there one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take a look at Upwey.

http://goo.gl/maps/CYgDe

We got our DS into childcare quite easily, and it's reasonably priced - both childcare, and the entire suburb. Beautiful leafy surrounds, we can hand-feed parrots on our balcony in the morning, quiet streets, schools and shops within walking distance ... it's a lovely place.

There's a train station in the village, and a bus stop too. Motorway access isn't great, but it still only takes me 45 minutes to get to work in the CBD by motorcycle. My wife has a similar commute by car to Moorabbin Airport where she works.

This is the view from my front deck:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duncan_bayne For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (20-01-2014)