+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bluebutton and mummajugs both suggested great suburbs. I live in donvale, between park orchards and eltham. Stunning area.
    I personally would avoid the western suburbs and outa east.
    I used to live in hawthorn before I moved in with my Df in murrumbeena. The bayside suburbs are dynamic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our council (casey council) here in Narre warren are really into bringing families and friends together, we have a lot of free local events where the focus is on the kids and families...Child care around here is great and there is a school within 5 minutes of every direction...Lots of lovely walking tracks, playgrounds and lovely little cafes!! ohh and the shopping!!! hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mybump2010 View Post
    Our council (casey council) here in Narre warren are really into bringing families and friends together, we have a lot of free local events where the focus is on the kids and families...Child care around here is great and there is a school within 5 minutes of every direction...Lots of lovely walking tracks, playgrounds and lovely little cafes!! ohh and the shopping!!! hehe
    We are also in the Casey area in the outer south east. This is a big growth corridor with lots of new estates catering for families. We built a new house in a new estate where they have just built a new primary school with a shopping centre currently under construction. We can also walk to the local train station and have plenty of parks, walking tracks and open areas for our kids. There are major shopping centres near by and the Monash freeway which has just been widened to 4 lanes and takes about 40 mins into the city at non peak times.
    House prices are still quite affordable in these areas with a nice 4 bedroom house costing approx $450k, where as in the suburbs closer to the city you would expect to pay $600k+

Suburbs to consider in the Casey area are;
    Narre Warren, Narre Warren South, Berwick, Lynbrook, Lyndhurst, Cranbourne, Cranbourne North, Cranbourne East, Cranbourne West, Clyde and Hampton Park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are in Berwick, the city of Casey also!! So I have to agree with the above 2 posters, it is a great place for families, there is always something for families on. You also have many schools, private, catholic and public to choose from and you will find that many young families are choosing to bring up their children here. Lots of new estates etc.. We are close to the Mornington Peninsula, Gippsland and basically one road to the city!!!

Though I must say coming to Melbourne you are spoilt for choice, there are many lovely areas that I could easily live in!!
    Mentone/ Cheltenham / Aspendale etc
    Eltham
    Hughesdale / Carnegie/ Murrumbeena
    Camberwell/ Surrey Hills/ Burwood

Personally I would stick to the east / south east of Melbourne but there are some suburbs here that I wouldn't live in.. Dandenong, Doveton, Noble Park, Clayton, Hampton Park, don't mean to offend anyone just offering my personal opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started a new Facebook group, 'City of Casey Mums' for anyone out there with young children who would like to meet other local mums and make some new friends! Hope to see some of you there, please help me spread the word!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Northcote rocks in my opinion - only 5kms from town, no problem getting into to gym crèches, kindy is accessible for all 4 year olds, daycare is I believe as hard as everywhere. Excellent public transport, awesome cafes, nightlife, awesome playgroups/libraries etc. Ivanhoe and Yarra council areas great also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd recommend the northern suburbs too, that's where DP and I are building. I'd check out the more north-eastern suburbs like Heidelberg/ Ivanhoe/ Bulleen/ Templestowe/ Bundoora/ Greensborough/ Watsonia/ Doncaster/ Watsonia and surrounds

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd recommend the eastern suburbs , we live in templestowe expensive area though / Bulleen/ / / Greensborough/ Watsonia/ Doncaster/ eltham/ very nice for a family .good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sparkles* View Post
    We are also in the Casey area in the outer south east. This is a big growth corridor with lots of new estates catering for families. We built a new house in a new estate where they have just built a new primary school with a shopping centre currently under construction. We can also walk to the local train station and have plenty of parks, walking tracks and open areas for our kids. There are major shopping centres near by and the Monash freeway which has just been widened to 4 lanes and takes about 40 mins into the city at non peak times.
    House prices are still quite affordable in these areas with a nice 4 bedroom house costing approx $450k, where as in the suburbs closer to the city you would expect to pay $600k+

Suburbs to consider in the Casey area are;
    Narre Warren, Narre Warren South, Berwick, Lynbrook, Lyndhurst, Cranbourne, Cranbourne North, Cranbourne East, Cranbourne West, Clyde and Hampton Park.
    Im in the casey region too ...Botanic Ridge. Its a lovely area with lots of young families. Its like living in the bush but still in the suburbs.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why don't they provide money for infrastructure to the established east?
    Bacause we don't need it! I moved from Donvale to Doncaster just over a year ago. I am close to the freeway, major shopping centres, yet only minutes away from the yarra river. A 10 minute drive to the protected green wedge including a heritage apple orchard with an organic produce store selling on behalf of local producers. I can walk to my local council centre for immunisations, library, community learning programs, mchn.
    Regardless of position though, my zoned primary school is in the top 10 in the state and the other we can have admission to is not far behind it. Numerous options for extra curricular activities already established for kids, teens and adults. Our neighbourhood watch newsletter has never had a crime in it in the time we have lived here.
    It's extremely unfair to pass judgement on an area that you know so little of. I lived in one of the growing western suburbs for a short while but the infrastructure wasn't there yet. Had to move because roads were insufficient, not enough choice in schools, promises of child care centres that never happened, the only decent school shut down because it went broke. Yes there were plenty of other young families but there aren't enough part time jobs and it was too far to travel towards the city, and there was no train station or regular bus service close by anyway!
    Every suburb has it's pros and cons. We prefer to live in an established area with good schools. And the houses aren't all old and falling apart! Yes we pay more in rent, but we work locally and actually end up with more money in our pockets because we aren't forking out for transport.