Closed Thread
Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all!

Well AF arrived in full force today! I'm pretty happy about it as that means somewhere along the line I've ovulated. Last time I saw Dr L he said that my BT showed I'd ovulated and I'd get AF on the 10th sep, well started light yeste but def here today. Been in bed most of the day with shocking cramps.

The TCM lady was great, she said to give her 3 months and she'll get my body going again. Did some acupuncture and I'm taking a herbal tablet calmed verdant vitex 3 times a day. I see her every week for now. So we'll see where that leads. I'm feeling pretty happy I've got some options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday Felicita and Bella for last week....I too turned another year older this week just gone. Have you girls heard the luna cycle theory? It's probably bogus but it worked for me last time. The theory is that you are most fertile in the month your mother conceived you, so December. That's when I fell pregnant with DS.

Felicita so glad you have the BEST advice for your next cycle and that you are aren't crying every day anymore. So much information. Did you get to go and sit in while they all discussed you, or did you get a report at the end?

Nat - it's going to be so exciting when you fall pregnant naturally like a normal person!

Starf1sh-yay that AF is here on here own! so how do they get you in sync with your sister? is it kind of like making sure AF doesn't come on your wedding day with pill popping manipulation?

Lindylou - how did DH like the pictures?

Hi everyone else, hope you are having a great weekend.

Saw my GP yesterday and asked her opinion on my IVF situation. She said that I could get a second opinion, but in her opinion my FS was the best there is. I asked about further testing and she said that because I don't have reoccurring miscarriages and they are monitoring my bloods so closely and doing ultrasounds every month its just a matter of waiting for the right emby. So she basically sounded like my FS, but it made me think that he actually knows what he is talking about. So will see him at the end of the month and start again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    traveler - I didn't get to sit in on the discussion of our case - would have loved to though. We just got the run-down of it when we saw our FS the following week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO – I think pimples at ovulation is a good sign that your oestrogen is getting high – just my theory!!! Not long til FET time!

Traveler – so sorry it wasn’t a natural miracle for you, i think we have all hoped for it to happen – and maybe just one day it will – its worth a shot! Hope November comes around quickly for you.

TTHC – great news on your scan – i hope that you feel more confident each scan!!

Quartz – great to hear your FET is getting closer, i have everything crossed this is your cycle

Lindylou – so glad the counselling session went well, it is such a proactive step!!! Good on you with the photos – what a great surprise for DH!!!!

Kellebelle – what a relief!! Glad its all systems go for you now

Nat – good to hear about the TCM – hope it brings you a natural miracle!! Bummer about the frosties!

Bella – good luck for your FET cycle!

Felicita –so glad to hear from you! Its great you have had so many great minds reviewing your case – sounds like a very comprehensive plan you have. So glad to hear you are not crying every day now. Do you have a plan for when you will cycle next??

Hi to all

AFM – the wonders of zofran mean i feel good today (after taking it to keep my m/s under control while i was godmother yesterday)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler: My FS tells me all the time that we are waiting for the right embryo. It’s really hard to hear those kind of things cause for me it makes no sense to me . Are you going to do anything in the lead up to yur next cycle ie vitamins etc?

Nat: Yay for AF showing up . Sounds like your TCM lady has a great plan for you. I have heard great stories about Vitex. Where abouts is she located? I can’t believe they can’t transfer your embryo’s, i have read so many stories on BH of ladies transferring to different clinics without any problems. Bring on the natural miracle.

Felicita; So glad to see you back hon and that you have a great plan . From what i have been told about DHEA it can either be very good for you or very bad due to the high testosterone is causes. Its great you have given it a shot and can see what happens if you drop it. It sounds like they were very thorough with your case and you were able to get a lot of feedback about it. I would of loved to have been in on a meeting with so many FS experts like that.

Starfish: Hon that’s so great your hormones are starting to play nicely and you got AF. You must be so excited to be starting all of this now .

Bella: Happy Birthday for last week – i hate birthdays too, its just another reminder of a year without a baby. Yep i am just waiting for AF (Due 18th Sep) and then will be doing a natural FET aswell. I totally agree about the natural cycles, they feel so weird after doing a stim cycle. I am going to do acu before and after my transfer as well, that way ill feel like i am doing something. All the best for your transfer

Lindylou: Woo hoo on the sexy photos. I bet they would look fantastic. Did your DH know you were getting them done or have you managed to keep them a surprise? That’s so great you have had them done, because next year after you have had your bub you can look back at them. So do you think you will do any more counselling with your DH? How has it been since your session on Wednesday?

PinkB: Ha ha well based on my theory and my physical appearance, i ovulated 5 eggs on my right side and 2 on my left this cycle (yep 7 cracker pimples this month). Maybe it was all the left over follicels from being hyperstimualted . So glad you are feeling a little better form the MS hon, wow sounds like it has really knocked you around. Did you get bad MS with DD?

AFM: Just hanging out waiting for AF, still about 10 days away. Has anyone ever heard of Maya Abdominal Massages? (www.mamoz.com.au) i was reading about them on the weekend and was thinking of getting one before my next transfer but wanted to see what you girls thought? The article i read said its really good for women undergoing IVF as it helps with blood flow to the uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy b'day to our recent birthday girls Bella, Felicita & Traveler

Bella- There is a recent roll call a few posts back with you down as FET this month but I do agree they are hard to find! I hear you on not wanting another b'day to pass without a baby, I hope that was your last childless b'day

Starf1sh- yay for AF arriving and cycling in Oct! The Oct bus is going to be very full

Felicita- Far out, that is SO awesome your FS tabled your case in a meeting with all those amazing brains to pick! So glad to hear you're having days without tears and will be joining us in the Oct action.

Nat- loving the confidence of your TCM lady! I hope she can do something to help with your awful AF's too, you poor thing dealing with those crippling pains every cycle

Traveler- I haven't given DH the pics yet, I'm waiting until our anniversary (16th Oct). We don't usually exchange gifts, but last year he caught me off-guard with a surprise present & now I can get him back . As for the further testing, if you want it, push for it. I'd never had a BFP let alone recurrent m/c and I still got them because they can give an insight into implantation failure.

PinkB- congrats on being a Godmother and yay for relief from the m/s! The christening must have been extra enjoyable knowing you have bub on board.

EO- hope your skin has recovered from your hormone surge. Just think, next time you O will be followed by a FET! Today I'm feeling so impatient, probably because I would've been PUPO now if we stuck with the Sep FET. DH has no clue about the photos, it was easy to keep a secret because I had them done at a friends house & just told him I'd be visiting over there for a few hours. We're definitely doing more counselling, the first session was more about unloading our grievances and the next few will work through them and learn about conflict resolution. Things have been great lately, much like a honeymoon phase!

Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM- Wow, I'm so thrilled that a whole bunch of us are cycling together in Oct, can hardly wait for the rest of Sep to be over! We had a busy weekend cleaning up the backyard on Sat and having a family BBQ on Sun (relatives from QLD were in town). Next few weekends are booked solid with lunches, dinners, the harbour bridgeclimb (yay!) and more yardwork. We're having my brothers 21st at our house mid-Oct so that will be a good distraction from our FET cycle . I will be PUPO at his party, so I'll have to pretend there's bourbon in my coke
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 12-09-2011 at 13:05. Reason: missed EO's new post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney girls, just a quick one to say hi to all and welcome back to some. Been busy last week in Canberra for work - hope all is well and can't wait to hear everyones cycling success stories for sept/oct - I start Lucrin next Monday so cycle 5 is alive - no 5 is also my fav number!!! Hope it's a sign

Enjoy this beautiful SYD weather this week Saturday is suppose to be 27 (according to iPhone weather!!) time to clean the pool

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO – 7 eggs at once would be great – they could do a natural cycle then and retrieve your eggs without IVF meds!! Yes with DD I had hyperemesis and vomited all the way thru the pregnancy, looking like its here for the long haul this time although not quite as extreme – it is strangely re-assuring though – when it goes away i worry – how demented is that??? I haven’t heard of those massages but i reckon it sounds good!

Lindylou – enjoy the bridgeclimb! It is hard sometimes to pretens ur drinking when you’re not but “bourbon” and coke is a good one to disguise it.

Crofty – I hope cycle number 5 is the magic one for you!!

Thank goodness for this lovely weather

Hi to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me... had my first blood test today, and all systems are go to start Gonal F on Friday

Ovulation pimples, PMT pimples everywhere, at 38 years old for goodness sake! What happens when they are on the nose or centre of the chin...where am I ovulating from then?

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbelle: Yay for your BT and starting GonalF. Now let the fun begin. Ha ha ha love the ovulation Pimples, i get mine all on my chin and along my jaw line – never had a nose one (wonder where that eggs going), i don’t seem to get PMT pimples since starting IVF so that’s one bonus, they just all come at Ovulation time. It sucks we get punished with all of this on top of IVF; they need to add something to our injections to give us beautiful skin. How long do you generally stim for hun?

PinkB: Yeah the MS is double edged knife, you want it so that you know everything is OK but its horrendous and makes you feel so crap. So glad to hear you are getting some relief from it now hon and its not as bad second time around. When is your next scan?

Crofty: Woo hoo for starting soon hon, This will be my 6th cycle but 5th transfer aswell. It’s also Lindylou’s and Kelbell’s 5th cycle to. This is totally going to be our lucky number for all us Sydney Girls.

Lindylou: I love when the weekends are busy, makes the time go a little quicker and less time to think about IVF. Great you can pass off your coke as bourbon, we went out on Friday night with a group of friends after work and i had to do the same – my disguise was sparkling water with lime in a SHORT glass. Everyone thought it was Vodka Lime and Soda. I totally hear you about being impatient, i go through phases where all is really good and then i hit a speed bump and feel really low about everything. Lucky the lows don’t last too long. So glad to hear the counselling is helping hon, you will be going into your next cycle feeling so much better about everything and its probably a great lesson for him to learn now before you have your bub.

Traveler, Felicita and Qartz How are you going lovelies?

Nat: Hope AF has eased off hon.

Bella: Are you having your FET on Monday still hon?

TTHC: How are you going double mumma, when is your next scan?

AFM: All my O pimples have finally cleared up, so glad that’s gone; i was so self conscious about them. I have read into the Fertility Massage some more and decided to give it a miss, i don’t want to be doing lots of things down there just before a transfer in case it does something funky to my insides. Some of the affects after it can be diarrhoea and cramping - prob not the best for so close to a transfer so I will just stick to my pre and post ET acu sessions i think. At least these have been studied in trials and i know there are no bad side affects

So it looks like Number 5 is the lucky number for a fair few of us girls this month, i am so funny with signs and reading into this kind of thing, I also have a really bad habit when i am driving around and spotting BFP number plates, if i see a BFN number plate close to a cycle i get very superstitious - pretty silly i know