Closed Thread
Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The time has come: Oh honey i am still in shock over your lil twinnies. This is such great news. When is your next scan – 12 weeks? Good idea about avoiding google, although i can never stay away from it for too long and then worry myself.

PinkB: So glad to hear your doing OK hon, although that nasty flu sounds terrible. I have heard from a few people who have had it that it takes a long time to kick this season. So cute about your DD, i suppose it will kick in more when she sees your belly growing more and more .

Lindylou: So glad to hear that DH decided to join you for counselling. Hope the appointment goes really well, i think the first one is always the hardest as you don’t know what to expect and it can be a little hard opening up to a third person about your inner personal stuff . I quite like the surveys SIVF send out, i always make sure i have plenty of time to do it and give them very detailed feedback. So will you be able to do a FET in October if things keep going well with DH? Woo hoo we could be doing a cycle together.

Traveler: I hate those kind of lunches, there is nothing worse than being asked that horrid question around “fertiles”. Honey i am sure you’re not fat and they were just trying to get some juicy info out of you about being pregnant.

Nat: How did your two appointments go? Can’t wait to hear what Dr M and Dr L have in store for you.

AFM: Well i am just waiting for O, i assume it will be a little late after my OHSS stim cycle. CD 14 is Sunday but i think i will prob O more like CD18. In other shocking news, i was jogging before work this morning and seen a VERY pregnant lady jogging – like i am talking she looked like she could go into labour at any minute type. And to make it worse she was actually running faster than me.

Have a great weekend lovely Sydney ladies. Next week is supposed to be in the mid twenty’s so hopefully it will feel more like spring than today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!! I'll catch up later to do proper personals, been busy wedding dress shopping. Glad I started early as most the dresses take 4 MONTHS to come in!

Firstly my appt with Dr M : WOW! I've finally found a Dr who agrees on what I think is wrong! He did more BTs, but he thinks it's a mix of a few things. He thinks that because I'm a little overweight (90kg, but I'm 5'9) that may be why my body isn't reacting to the Clomid. It's my PCOS playing up. He believes he can get me pregnant (and with everything he had to say - I actually believe him!) he also said I can most likely get pregnant without ivf and just using his strong mix of medications. He thinks my pre-eclampsia and emergency c-section has something to do with my secondary infertility (which is something I've thought all along and SO glad to have a dr who brought it up without me saying a thing.) he said that normal FS were only trained in one aspect of infertility, so that's why they're not open minded to any other type of treatment. he said let Dr L do the ivf stuff, and he'll treat me. Which is fine with me. It's nice to actually trust what a Dr is saying for once. He actually listened to my questions and answered me as best he could. He didn't dismiss anything I had to say at all (like Dr C does!!). I'm so happy. I'm going to see him in 4 weeks for a treatment plan. I've got to lose some weight before I see him next cause he thinks that attributed to my bfn last cycle. So I will!

My appt with Dr L : Went as well as I expected. All my BT results were fine, my cardiolipin antibodies were very slightly raised (they were 7, they like them to be under 5.) but the Clexane will sort that out. I've just got to call WFC on Monday to make a nurses appt to discuss my embryos. So I guess I'm right to go next cycle, but I won't be doing anything till I have my followup appt with dr M.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm back! Got the tick of approval for my wedding dress from both my mum AND my future MIL (its white and black, I thought they'd hate it)

Eternal Optimist - WOW a pregnant lady jogging? I would/could never do that... My cousins wife was super fit and was jogging even the morning before she went into labour. I just can't imagine doing anything even remotely like that in case it hurt the baby (which it probably doesn't!)

Traveler - Ugh I hate when people make comments about pregnancy and stuff. I always get "Oh your daughter is 7, don't you think you should give her a sibling?" But I've developed a narky remark to that now so people don't ask more than once! I'd definitely be asking for more testing. I demand so many different tests, and if I'm met with resistance, I'll find another FS who'll do it. It's my body after all, and I'm well within my rights to want answers.

Lindylou78 - WOW 3k on cars, yeah that is alot, but in the end... Its your day and it only happens once (hopefully) so I think we should spoil ourselves. I'm glad your DH has agreed to go to counselling with you. He probably has alot of unresolved issues himself and insecurities about IVF that he bottles up. I hope all goes well on Monday.

Pinkbutterfly - Good to hear that everything is going well (apart from the sickness of course). How far along are you now?

The Time Has Come - How are those twinnies going

Bella978 - Has AF arrived yet?

Starf1sh - Hows everything going with your ED cycle?

Enjoy this beeeeeeautiful weather ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat84u,

So great to hear your appointment with Dr M went well - he is just fantastic.
    Have been trying to send you a private message but keep getting the message - "nat84u has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space"

Will try again in the next couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - sooo exiting to lan your wedding, especially the dress, good on you for getting organised - your have to be this day and age especially if you're having a SYD wedding, everything gets booked out - I think it took me 2 yrs for my first wedding - yes the big princess wedding - ha ha - my 2nd to DH was alot easier, he started the preparations and I took over once we had booked - which worked really well for us, especially when I had a wedding planner as part of my package in the whitsundays - sorry can't help much with the cost of cars these days - I had cadillacs in the yr 2000 and my wedding to DH - I had a stretch golf buggy - lol

Traveler - hope you enjoyed your holiday and well done on your negotiations with DH with going for another I don;t think anyone has commenced their cycle yet - I shall be now as AF showed today - so as long as I can get in for a long cycle on Monday - we shall be starting again - 5th stim cycle lucky.... can't assist on the fresh v fozen question - never been lucky enough to get any frosties - however FS did mention that she may try that if this cycle isn't sucessful - rather than transfer straight away, have a frostie and then transfer I also hear you on the baby talk - I have 5 friends in a group of 8 - who are ALL pregnant, i with twins - i am very happy with them all - and for a couple these are their 2nd whch is great as well, I just hope 1 day it will be me talking about morning sickness etc \.

TTHC - cant believe you are having twinnies - my GF is as well and just fond out its a blue 1 and a pink 1 - ready made family for her - 37 and 1st time mother (has a history of MC - gyno put her on clexane???) and presto - 2 bubs on the way. Your IVF journey has been very good to you - please share your secrets your twinnies are from frostie right? what I would give to have twins - hence the reason why we transfer 2 if possible....

Quartz - welcome back from your mystery holiday - sounds like you had a g8 time hun - G/L with your biopsy (NK is it????)

Starfish - thanx for the reassurance - i really do appreciate it your geting so close to your ED with your fab sisiter (does she have kids of her own???) I am soooo happy for you and hoping for the best for you and DH <3

EO - we may be very close in our 2WW together - ahhhhhhhAF has shown and long reg cycle will commence (if the clinic isn't fully booked - ) by my calcs I would have EPU in week of 10/10 - hoping your frosties are fighting it out to decide who's coming out to meet their new mummy and daddy!!!! and the strongest wins in the end - thnx also on your vitamins advise, i did try PM you (but from Iphone) so not sure it it worked or not????

Lindy - happy to see DH and your relationship is on the mend. My DH also been a total $*())bag - and he takes his anger out on walls - ugggghhhh. no silent treatment with us 2 - other than I did spend 2 noghts in the spareroom last week - he did however find a new shrink and he saw her on Friday - he couldn't be more full of praise for her in just a 1.5 hr session, she pretty much diagnosed him as having PTS disorder, so I hope she really works with him to get him to the plae he needs to be (all the time, not just that 80% of the time place)
    On the DHEA - my FS gave me 8 to 10 weeks worth of prescriptions - nothing said about 3 to 4 months - she really only said up to 12 weeks is what they suggest - interesting.

Kellbelle - good to hear from you and have fun lurking the threads - hope to hear some good news soon wth your results - poor you with the procedures, they do sound painful - not envious hope DH is pampering you

Hi to Paddlegirl, Felicita and Angel

Lola and Pink B - Hows our Sydney bambinos going? Hope both your MS is getting better at least. Pink B - on the preogesterone testing - do I ask my clinic to do a test? s they do check this at US prior to ET - and if it is too low, they will not go ahead with transfer now (new procedure).

AFM - As I said earlier on this long thread - AF has come on time as usual, so I'll be calling WFC bright and early on Monday morning (will start the pill tonight thinking I will be able to cycle) - I also got a fertility budda my cousin (were very close) has just come back from Vietnam and bought us both one each - she was on the IVF journey for 6 years - no sucess, and since stopping has fallen pregnant naturually twice - unfortunately ending in MC at 6 and 10 weeks so heres hoping our buddas bring us luck

On a final note, did anyone happen to watch Sami Lukas' baby on Foxtel the other week - I IQ'd it, and watched it during the week - was really good on starting the fertility journey at age 39!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies!!

PinkB-Thanks so much hun! You poor thing with the morning sickness!! Don't they say it should get better after 12 weeks, not worse!!!! You need to add a ticker because I always forgot how far along you are!!!

LindyLou-Google ban still going well!!! I'm only googling good things now! Fantastic news on counseling with DH, I am so happy he has agreed to come with you! (appt is today.. right!?) Hope if all goes great and you guys are on the right track for a FET on Oct!!!

Traveler-Those sorts of lunches do my head in.. Everyone just thinks its appropriate to bring up these sorts of things... I think they are ignorant to the fact that it isn't that easy for some people to just fall pregnant, they don't understand unless they've been in the situation...

EO-I have a scan this Thursday (I'll be just over 10 weeks), it's just to see how the twins are positioned, whether they share the same sac completely, or if there is a thin membrane between them. Then I have my 12 week scan on the 21st of this month... Sorry but I couldnt help but laugh at your pregnant lady jogging story, I don't know how some people do it, I don't jog on a good day, let alone 9 months pregnant!! I hope you're ready to Ov any day now, I'm excited looking forward to your FET!!

Nat-I am so happy for your doc appts!! You need to find someone you trust and it seems like you have done exactly that!!! Honestly I am so proud of you, for not giving up & researching things on your own, until you found the answer you were looking for! You have to show us a pic of the dress! I have seen some HOT black & white dresses! Some people can just pull them off!! Twins are doing well... (I hope!) hehe I get to see them on Thursday again...

Crofty-& for your friend! How exciting.. That's an instant family!! How far along is she!? I'm still in shock to tell you the truth! Yes, it was a FET & we had 1 egg transferred. IVF has honestly been very kind to us, I thank God every day for all these little miracles, I hope everything can turn out great with the twins, and then we can leave IVF behind us. I wish the same for every single lady in here! We have truly been blessed... Yay for starting your cycle! I am sending all my & your way, rub that Buddha's belly!!!!!! I watched that Sami Lukas show a few months back, I found it all really interesting!! (I hope this wasn't a follow up episode) I want to know what ends up happening!!!

Quartz, Starfish, Bella, Kellebelle, Paddlegirl, Loulabelle, felicitia, angelanathan... & everyone else I have forgotten!!!! There are quite a few of us in here!!!!

AFM-Here I am just waiting... patiently... for my next Ultrasound on Thursday to see how my babies are going. I am getting so nervous & excited! I still think to myself.. TWINS!? are you sure!? Need to pinch myself everyday!! The babies are being really good to mummy, I'm still feeling great, no MS, or real pregnancy symptoms, just my nanna naps... So far, it is headed to be the same pregnancy with DS (thankfully!!)

Hope everyone has a fantastic start to their week!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Sydney ladies
    Thank goodness Spring is here (if only for a few days). How is everyone???
    TTHC: Wow congratulations on your twinnies!!! Soooooooooo fabulous and lucky lucky you for not having m/s yet (or at all) I am just over 13 weeks and it is still here (with vomiting everyday but getting better!!!). Good luck for your next scan this week. Do you have a feeling if they are boys or girls???
    Pink Butterfly: How are you??? I am sorry your m/s is getting worse not better. When did it go last time??? When is your morph scan??? My DD seems to be having continual illnesses too, that coupled with really bad sleeping, I am exhausted.
    LindyLou: I am so glad your DP is seeing the counsellor with you, it is so hard going through Ft/pregnancy to not have 100% support from your partner. Hopefully things start to look better for you and DP and your relationship. Is the FET on hold for a while longer???
    Crofty: Hope your appt goes well today. It is great to have the support of your cousin too (so sorry about her m/c very heartbreaking for her). My cousin is going to start IVF later this year and a really close friend has just had her first cycle (unfortunately it didn’t work so she will doing a FET in 6 weeks or so).
    Nat: Glad to hear you found a Dr who is actually listening to you and who had the same ideas as you did about your fertility. Hopefully he has some great ideas for you to try. So glad your mum and mil like your wedding dress, when are you getting married??? The dress sounds gorgeous.
    EO: Hopefully O turns up soon, did it happen over the weekend??? OMG to the pregnant lady jogging. I HATE jogging/running even when I am not pregnant!!!! But each to their own. My friend did Step Moves (really hard step aerobics class) till 39 weeks with her first little boy – we all thought she was insane, she thought it would make birth easier but it didn’t she ended up with a really LONG posterior labour!!!
    Traveler: I am sorry about your lunch with your friend’s, it is really hard to be around pregnant people when all you want is to be pregnant too!!! That was quite rude of your friend to ask who else had pregnancy news. The day I had my 2nd m/c a friend called me and asked when on earth I was going to have a baby!!! She was sooo blunt and in my face and I had only been home about 2 hrs from the d&c and I just cried and couldn’t even tell her what had happened. I don’t think we have spoken again!!!
    Bella: How is your natural FET going??? When is transfer day?? Hope you are well??
    Starfish: How is your ED cycle going??? Where are you up too??? How is your sister??? Hope you both are coping emotionally with the whole process. Thinking of you.
    Quartz: Your holiday sounds amazing, so glad you had a lovely relaxing time and got some shopping in too. Has your AF shown up yet??? Where are you in your cycle now???
    Hi all other Sydney girls, how is everyone??
    AFM: We had our NT scan last week (I was soooo nervous) but bubba was great and we got all the measurements nice and quickly . HR is 167 bpm and after the scan we got our results from the dr straight away. He said I had the lowest risk for someone my age (35) he has ever seen!!! So very relieved. The scan lady was soooo nice she kept gushing over bubba saying it was so well behaved and she loved it cause it was so cooperative!!! At the end of the scan she switched the machine over to 3D and it was soooo amazing to see how perfect bubba is, he/she even had his/her arm wrapped around the cord. I can’t remember who but someone asked which ob I had. Well we don’t I am booked in for a Homebirth through the St George hospital birth centre and my midwife is a friend we met dog walking a few years ago!!! I didn’t have a great hospital birth with DD so as long as the pregnancy remains low risk I am happy to have bubba at home. Otherwise I am really glad I have switched hospitals.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat: Sounds like you have found a winner with Dr M and he has a fantastic plan for you . Wow so many things to think about and weather you will try naturally with Dr M protocol or continue with IVF and his protocol. Hope your appt with the FN goes well today. We got married at the same place our reception was at so didn’t have to worry about wedding cars. Lucky as we also wanted a stretch hummer and they were so expensive, i suppose the upside is you will only need one as opposed to having to get 3 normal cars to fit your whole bridal party in.

Bella: How is your FET going, any sign of when your ET will be?

Crofty: Woo hoo another Sydney cycle buddy to go crazy with, looks like Lindylou might also be joining us so closely together. No i didn’t get your PM (mine always pays up when i try and do it from my iphone), but will go into my list of IVF stuff and send you the list we were on. Did your clinic give you the go ahead today to start your next cycle hon?

TTHC: Yay for another scan, it must be so exciting getting to see them so much . I am so envious you have no MS, i had it so terribly and lost so much weight before my MC, so many women look for it and want it as a sign but i am the total opposite. Yep the preggo lady really shocked me, i think i will be the type that will wrap myself in cotton wool when i finally get UTD, i reckon she probably fell first try since sopping the pill and has no idea how precious the gift she has been given is yet.

Lindylou: Hope your counselling session with DH goes well today hon. I’m so happy he decided to come with you without you having to plead with him to attend.

Loulabelle: That’s fantastic news on your NT scan hon, you must be so relieved with those numbers. Have you started to tell people yet about your pg? Have you told your DD about your Pg yet? Wow a home birth would be amazing, what made you decide to go with that option? Do you have to purchase much “equipment” for the delivery? I can’t wait to hear your birth story after this.

AFM: Had a pretty 5hit weekend, it was exactly a year ago yesterday we got our BFP so that brought up a lot of old memories. I think it was made worse when a very close friend of ours bombarded DH phone with photos of their 2 month old DS, i wanted to ring him and say “um its fathers day, we don’t have a baby and don’t need you rubbing it in our face that u do” Sorry angry rant over now. I think i O on the weekend, normally i check for CM but i have been taking a super high dose of Vit C at the moment to avoid the flu and I know that this dries up CM, my only sign of O this month has been my giant ovulation pimple i seem to get EVERY time just before O. So i will just assume i will get AF 2 weeks from today and then its straight into our FET. I am so excited about it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Traveler- I really feel for you putting up with the under-handed preg remarks at that lunch . We used to get that all the time, but nobody bothers asking/suggesting anymore. DH's good manners have been great, they won't last though, once he's in his comfort zone again he'll be back to normal!

EO- Yikes at the preg lady running . I'd be horrified if she was running faster than me too. She had to be an elite athlete before getting UTD . Sorry the anniversary of your first BFP coincided with Fathers Day, that must've been hard enough without those friends sending their baby pics . We had a few sad moments too... If I was still UTD we'd have hit 12 wks and could've told everyone. On the upside, we will be cycling in Oct . I'm due to O any day, and AF due on the 18th Sep. Our FETs will be very close I think!

Nat- Wow, its all happening for you!! Wedding planning's on fire and the joint efforts of Dr M & Dr L should have you UTD next cycle! So pleased that Dr M is fully supportive and has great plans up his sleeve . Better check your wedding dress can be altered to accommodate a beautiful bump .

Crofty- Yay for AF arriving and a new cycle about to start! I hope the buddha brings good fertility vibes . Fortunately things are coming good again with my DH. I'm sorry that your DH has had his cranky pants on too... the new psych sounds promising, hopefully all will be well soon in your house too. Well you'll soon find out if the DHEA makes a difference in under 3 months, guess its yet another matter where FS' have different opinions. I can't believe how many pregnant friends you have! Fingers crossed you'll be joining them this time

TTHC- ooooh another scan this week, how exciting!! I hope the MS stays away and you keep on feeling great. I'd be pinching myself too if I was in your shoes . Thanks for the well wishes on the counselling.

Loulabelle- so happy to hear your bubba is passing all the milestones with flying colours! Plans for the homebirth sound lovely, will you be using a birthing pool too? It is great that DH will come to counselling with me, and we'll definitely be back in the saddle for FET in Oct.

Bella- have you started the BTs to track O yet? Hope you're nearly there!

Quartz- Any sign of AF yet?

Felicita- we miss you in here! Hope you're going OK and will return full of positive energy soon.

Hi to PinkB, Lola, Starf1sh, Paddlegirl, Kelbelle & Angela . Hope I didn't forget anyone. Will have to go back & bring the roll call forward.

AFM- Things are much better at home . We had another long chat on Fri nite and it was very productive. Sat afternoon we finally hugged for the first time in 18 days! We were supposed to go to counselling today, but DH has had a shocker of a morning, so we changed our appt to Wed instead. His 1st job didn't happen because the client kept him waiting on site for over an hour, the 2nd didn't happen because a homeless squatter had moved into the house that was up for demolition & the police had to be called to evict him, and the 3rd couldn't be done because the street was blocked by a fallen power pole. Now thats an eventful morning! I've made a new appointment with our FS for next Thurs, then it will be a matter of waiting for AF and getting the FET cycle going. What a relief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    EternalOptimist
    Lindylou78
    Lola77
    MrsDaisyP
    Starf1sh
    Traveler
    Quartz
    Lifeonhold
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Kelbelle
    Nat84u