Closed Thread
Page 95 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Traveler: Oh hun i am pretty sure we may have the same FS. Mine says the exact same things to me. It was only when i said we had to take a huge break to be able to save money for the next cycle and were running out of money and then cried a LOT that he gave in. I find it really hard to not cry on the phone to my FS as well, even when i have my ET i look at him and I’m sure i can see the look in his eye that he knows the cycle won’t work and then i cry lots before leaving the clinic. Hun i think you might have to push a little more for the extra tests, if anythign it will give you peice of mind going into your next cycle that everything is clear. The other alternative is i could email you the list of tests i had done and you could try and get your GP to arrange for them to be done. All of mine were just through a normal pathology lab and they sent my FS the results. Great to know about choccie and heart disease, pretty sure i will NEVER have heart problems with all the chocolate i eat. I am waiting for AF so my next cycle will be in about 3-4 weeks and then i will track O and do a natural FET.

Lindylou: Hun that sucks when stress affects our eating. I am like that as well, if i am super anxious i won’t eat and drop weight really quickly, which is not a good thing with a BMI as low as mine. Wow i can’t believe Sydney IVF Liverpool don’t give you access cards, when i go to the clinic i run in as fast as possible to try and avoid people seeing me go in. I work in the city so there is always a huge chance i can run into someone i know. How did you find the counselling hun? I really hope your DH makes the effort to attend, they can be really good. I hope its not too weird with you and DH at home being “friends”. It really tears me up to see you have to go through all of this hun, it’s bad enough we have to endure IVF but its made worse if we have to do it without the love and support of our DH’s or added stress from fighting.

Nat: Awesome news on the venue hon, i had mine booked way in advance as well. i think IVF makes us all very Organised and determined. . Can't wait to see what Dr M has in store for you and also what Dr Lok will say. Its exciting to know you have new options

Pretty sure everyone has seen all of my posts on BH today – just goes t show i am having a pretty quiet day at work today .

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC - wow!!!!! Twins - how exciting! You must be over the moon.

Nat - how exciting to have the venue booked, I was the same when I got married - I loved organizing the wedding

Lindy - sorry to hear things aren't going well with DH. This process is so hard already without extra stress added into the mix.

For those of you that asked I ended up on Bintan Island which is part of Indonesia but you get there by ferry out of Singapore. Was so nice, we spent 9 days relaxing on the beach and enjoying cocktails and then went to Singapore for 3 days of shopping at the end. It was so nice to have a 'time out' from IVF and just enjoy life a bit.

However..... Now I'm back I can't wait to get back into it LOL. Am waiting for AF to arrive so I can get my biopsy done before my next FET. For the past 9yrs I have only had AF a couple of times a year but since the D&C in April she has been regular every 35 days or so. Hopefully this month isn't the month she decides not to show up!!! If all goes well she should be here in the next week - can't wait to do another cycle, it feels like forever!

Hope you are all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just popping in.
    TTHC, congrats on the twinnies ...Traveler, SNAP! that is my dream too!

Lindy, was so sorry to hear that you have been going through such a rough patch with your DH and he has responded this way IVF puts enormous stress on our relationships and if you can survive this and adapt to make your relationship stronger through the tough times you can survive anything. I think you are absolutely doing the right thing going to see a relationship counsellor and also putting the FET on hold until DH is there with you 100% I hope your DH does decide to go with you but even if he doesn't it will give you a space to clarify want you want and expect from the relationship. Lots of change can still happen if 1 person is ready to lead the change!

I am still sitting on the sidelines waiting to get ED cycle underway 1st waiting for MC to resolve , now for my hormones to pick up . They seem to have flatlined and gone out in sympathy or something! I think you get the picture! So having weekly bts and likely starting the pill next week even if AF doesn't arrive. Sis is 100% ready to go!

EO, still counting down the days and weeks with you honey! I definitely think a bit of indulgence between cycles is essential. I have been an absolute chocolate fiend recently I'm hoping it means AF is on her way!

Crofty, I'm sorry that your AMH was not the result you hoped for but all hope is definitely not lost. There have been numerous success stories on the 35+ thread this year from ladies with very low AMH. even <1!!!

Big to everyone else
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 30-08-2011 at 19:02.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (31-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC- such exciting news! Congrats

I've been MIA lately with posting but am checking in to read regularly. I'm doing a natural FET this month, just waiting for AF, hopefully tomorrow!

Hope everyone is well xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Qartz: Your holiday sounds fantastic and just what you need to forget about everything. Singapore is amazing, such a fantastic shopping place, did you buy much stuff? So understand that you just want to get stuck back into it, I was exactly the same when we come back from our holiday. Hope AF shows up so you can yur biopsy out of the way and back into a cycle .

Starfish: Oh hun, this journey is never ending . The one thing I have started to “Accept” is that I can’t hurry this process along and patience was never my strong point, although I think I am adapting to it a lot more now (not voluntarily though ). Hope your hormones get their act together ready for your ED cycle with your sis. I am so excited about this cycle for you hun. Its gonna be here before you know it and once those injections start it will be bang and you will be PUPO with a pefrect little blasty and in the TWW. I have a very good feeling about your cycle honey .

Bella: Hope AF shows up soon for you and then you an get stuck into your FET. How many frosties do you have waiting for a snugly warm home?

PinkB: How are you going UTD mumma? Haven't heard from you in a lil bit and wanted to make sure your doing OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!!

EO-My clinic would only transfer one as well, and at my US, FS made sure to say "and that's why we only transfer one at a time!"

Lindylou-Thanks so much sweety! I totally forgot that it would be 3 bubs from one cycle! We have truly been blessed, and I pray that my blessing can be passed on to everyone in here! I'm so glad things are getting better with DH, have you been able to convince him to see the counselor?

Traveler-Thanks hun!! It is a bit of a WOW moment isn't it... I still don't think I've picked my jaw up off the ground from when we left the FS's office! Have you decided when you'll start your next cycle sweety?

Nat-That is fabulous news about booking the reception & ceremony!! It's better to be organised than stressed out the night before the wedding Wedding cars are sooo expensive, I remember paying $3k for all my cars, and that is almost 6 years ago!! Truthfully, now looking back, I think it was a massive waste of money, but if you want it, it's your special day & you should get everything you want I think its the only day you can justify spending ridiculous $$ on unnecessary things!! (I'd prob do it all again!) Maybe minus the cars!!

Quartz-Your holiday sounds amazing!!! I am so jealous!! Great news on starting up again soon though!!

Starfish & Bella978-Thanks so much ladies. Hope you are both doing well & sending you both tons of in your upcoming cycles!!!

AFM-just plodding along waiting for my next scan, everyday another thing to stress about! One scan passes, then we worry about the next one... I have banned myself from google... It really is evil...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The time has come – OMG – TWINS – WHAT LITTLE MIRACLES!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz – glad you had a lovely holiday and enjoyed time out from IVF!

Starfish – so much waiting, hope all can kick off v.soon!

Bella – hope this is your month!

EO – thanks for asking after me J I hope time is not taking too long til your FET. Have they done more BT’s to make sure your levels have come down?

To answer your question about telling DD – she looked shocked and didn’t believe me initially – i think her image of a mummy with bub in her tummy is a preggie lady about to pop IYKWIM!!! It has gradually sunk in and she is talking about the baby heaps more now which is cute!

Lindylou – glad things have improved on the DH front and good on you for organising counselling. My parents used to maintain silent periods for ridiculous periods and after they separated lived at opposite ends of the house not speaking for a whole year – not fun for anyone!

Traveler –Hope you had a great time overseas. I would push for more testing too. Even though you’ve had a healthy bub as both FS’s i saw this time around said its like starting again, things need to be re-assessed as things can change in the time between bubs.

Nat – good luck for your appts, i hope they have some answers for you. Great news about your wedding plans J

Kellebelle – wow you have been through so much, i hope you are given the all clear soon. Take care of yourself!

Paddlegirl – glad you had a nice weekend away for your anniversary

Loulabelle – hope you are doing ok with your morning sickness. My worst time with DD was between 10-16 weeks which has been similar this time although with DD i had hyperemesis and vomited from week 8 til she was born – things are less intense this time for sure.

Felicita – hope ur doing ok out there??.

Angelanathan – good luck for your cycle

AFM – Upping of my morning sickness and constant bugs in our household have kept me busy, we are all sick again, DH has been bed bound the last day and a half with flu (man flu!) – so a bit exhausted looking after everyone under par myself. Throw in trying to rent out our unit and look for somewhere to live - crazy!!. Otherwise all well, i think of you all often and sometimes catch up on your news on DH’s iphone when up with nausea at 4am!! Hi to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler- it was quite daunting going to the counsellor by myself! It had to be done though. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for putting up with sulking and silent treatment.

Nat- yay for wedding planning! We spent over $3K on wedding cars, for 3 vintage jaguars. One of them got a flat tyre on the way to my house and I was so p*ssed off... they weren't carrying a spare and made me late for the ceremony. I reckon $1500 for a stretch hummer is pretty good if it will fit the whole bridal party . Good luck at Dr M's today!

EO- yeah its pretty lame we don't get access cards. There was a survey they sent me after the cycle and I put that down as a suggestion for improvement. Being in 'friends' mode hasn't been weird, it actually has some benefits. DH has been taking workboots off outside (no chunks of dirt up & down the hallway), clearing his own dishes AND putting them in the dishwasher, and he's stopped farting in front of me . Where are these manners when we're not fighting??

Quartz- the holiday sounds perfect, 3 days shopping in Singapore would have been the icing on the cake! I hope your AF doesn't go into hiding when you need her.

Starf1sh- damn hormones keeping you sidelined! Hope they've sorted themselves out. At least you can start pill popping soon even if AF doesn't show. I agree the counselling will help with or without DH, if nothing else it will help me cope with his behaviour better.

Bella- Oh goodie, a new cycle about to start! Hope this is your sticky bubba coming out of the freezer

TTHC- I guess the good thing about having your 1st scan so late is the shorter wait to your 2nd. Hows the google ban going? Everytime I try to ban myself from BH it never works .

PinkB- Wow your parents were the champions of silent treatment! I certainly don't want to end up like that. Sorry to hear your household is still plagued with bugs! Sounds like a vicious cycle of re-infection going on. So cute that DD is talking about the baby, awww .

Hi to everyone else

AFM- I brought up the counselling thing with DH and he actually agreed to come. I was so surprised, there was no resistance on his part whatsoever. Next appointment is Mon afternoon. Hopefully things go well from now on and we can think about FET in Oct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls for ur advice about further testing. It's so annoying that we r unexplained I have been thinking lately that I could get all these tests done and they all come back fine, but what if my eggs just don't like dh's sperm?!

Lindy- so glad ur DH agreed to come to see counsellor! That was easier than than you thought. After your description of being 'friends' I'm thinking it's the way to go

Pinkb-hope you can get some rest and relief from sickness soon

Sorry to be short but am on my phone.

I've had a crappy day, went out with a group of friends (who don't know about IVF) 3 are pregnant, and one girl who just had her 2nd baby looked straight at me & said "so does anyone else have any pregnancy news yet?' so not only was I upset, but worried I look fat!!!!