Closed Thread
Page 94 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg!!! Woohoo TTHC! The time has certainly come! Wowzers that's awesome news :-) :-)

Did you have 2 transferred? I can't remember!

But WOW!! I love hearing good news, and that's fan-bloody-tastic news!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nat, thanks so much!!! Let's just say.. it's going to be a crazy household around here!!!

No we only had one transferred!!! So we have Identical Twinnies on board!!!

I think the look on our faces would have been priceless... as we didn't think there was even a possibility of this happening

How are you doing hun??

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC: OMG/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy 5hit you could have knocked me over with a feather when i read your post , Congratulations hun, that is the most amazingly fantastic news. Wow i am total shock, but not as much as i bet you and DH were. I would of loved to have been in the room and seen your faces when you seen the two bubs. How are you feeling about twins hun?

Traveler: Oh hon i feel for you. I am the type of person that needs answers to my questions and when things are unexplained i find it harder to accept. For me personally, i DO NOT for a second believe in waiting to find the “right” embryo. If your FS has told you they were all top notch i would be asking for more tests. I have heard from other ladies on BH that FS are a little reluctant in doing additional tests for women who already had bubs. While you have a few months until your next cycle, i would be asking for the basic immune BT to be done (around 14 vials of Blood and tests around 10 things from memory) – all bulk billed via Medicare except the MYTHR test which is only about $40 and also a biopsy for NK cells. Not painful at all and can shed some light as to why you haven’t had any implantation with such great embryo’s. All of these can be done in one cycle. Hope this helps hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe EO your post made me laugh!!

Let's just put it this way.. I still look like this --->

DH thinks its all dandy... High fived me in the us room and everything... Whereas I started to stress within 2.4 seconds!! I just kept saying to the FS, stop joking, it isn't funny.. She just said.. I'm very serious! Then clearly pointed out the two babies, and two hearts beating away...

I am honestly over the moon, I just wasn't expecting it... I think I am more worried about the babies and pray everything will be okay.. I just don't know anything about having twins!!!

FS there was less than 2% chance of this happening.. and here I am!!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC: That is soooo funny that you’re DH high fived you – mine would have done exactly the same thing. He always hoped we would get a “Two for one deal”. I can’t wait until your 20 week scan now – will you find out the sex? Do you have a preference for what you would like? Woo hoo this is such great news. Our first set of twinnies for the Sydney Thread. Have you told any of your family yet? I would love to see their faces, i bet they will be in shock too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO-All our immediate families know, and they are all over the moon!! They think it's absolutely hilarious and are already sending me photos of triple prams etc!! I was just initially worried because that means we will have 3 babies in about 20 months!!

LOL @ DH's 2 for 1 deal!! Men kill me!! The stuff they think of...! Will you be transferring two embies on your next FET?? you can join me with twins!!!! We can be scared together!!

We won't be finding out the sex! Truthfully I don't mind which one it is.. Boys will be nice for DS to have them close in age for when they grow up... But then DD's will also be great because we already have a DS...

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC: OMG i never even thought about you having three under 20 months. Imagine your little DS face when you bring home TWO bubs from the hospital. That is amazing. They will be so close when they grow up, my brother and I are very close in age and we are like best friends, it’s awesome. I have already asked my FS about transferring 2 and he has flat out said no. We had one transferred our first cycle and it split into two. Unfortunately we lost the first bub really early 5 or 6 weeks and then the other one we lost at 8 weeks. Our FS has said given its happened once already and i am really young and have no fertility issues (doing IVF due to DH) that he won’t risk it. I would love twins, not sure my body would handle them too well cause i am quite little but it would be great.

I love that your family are already sending you pics, they must be sooo excited now as well .

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC- O.M.F.G!!! My jaw just hit the ground at your news!! Congrats on your twins . Things are going to be insane at your house in 6 months time. LOL at your family sending pics of triple prams . Who'd have thought you could get 3 bubs out of one stim cycle? You certainly have been blessed! When you described your hatching blastie, I just 'knew' it was a good one, but never expected it would be this good!

EO- Yay for enduring the pregnant woman blabbing on without letting it get to you! I hear you on the chocolate, although I've been good lately. When I get stressed my apetite disappears. I've had to force myself to eat through this whole DH ordeal and I'm barely hitting 1000cal/day. Interesting that Sydney IVF are changing their name to Genea. I'm actually happy they're dropping the IVF bit, because at the Liverpool clinic you stand in the busy street, next to the "Sydney IVF" sign, and wait to be buzzed in. Not cool that passers-by know you're having fertility treatment, I always worry that someone I know will see me there. I wish they gave us swipe cards like the city clinic.

Nat- Your RI appointment must be soon? Hope it goes well!

Traveler- Welcome back! If I were you I'd definitely do the extra testing. You'd have very deep regrets going cycle after cycle with BFNs, only to find out afterwards they were never going to stick because something has developed since you had your DS. I had 3 failed transfers with undiagnosed thyroid & endo problems, and I can't shake the feeling that we wasted those embies. They were equally as high quality as the one I had the chem pg with (perhaps even better). If you start with sniffing and the cycle takes 6 weeks, then you're doing long down reg.

PinkB & Loulabelle- Hope the MS is leaving you in peace and you're enjoying your pregnancies.

Quartz- Welcome back to you too! So where was the secret destination?? I've been busting to know!

Starf1sh- how are things with you? Any closer to starting your ED cycle?

Hi to Felicita, Paddlegirl, Lola, Crofty & anyone I've missed

AFM- Things are slightly better on the DH front. I sent him an email last Thurs and we spoke that night. We're keeping some distance between us though, and being 'just friends' for now. I went and saw a counsellor yesterday by myself. Next step is to get him to join me. Not sure if he'll agree to it though, he flat out refused when we had our chat and thinks its a waste of time. Hopefully I can convince him otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC- IDENTICAL TWINS!!!! WOW!!! it is my dream to have identical twin girls, you are SO lucky!!!! I can understand it being a little bit scary though. WOW, I seriously have nothing else to say but WOW WOW WOW!!

Lindylou- glad you and DH are sort of talking. I really hope things improve and that your relationship grows stronger than before. You are such a brave woman going to see a counsellor on your own. My DH would never in a million years go and see one, so I get where you are coming from.

EO - I thought of you when I saw a news update today saying that eating chocolate regularly can help lower heart disease!!! Thanks for your advice re further testing. I just find my FS so hard to talk to, he makes me want to burst into tears even when i am feeling fine, and then I forget what I'm saying. Plus he really pushes the "waiting for the right emby" line. I spoke with him on the phone once and stayed really strong pushing the more testing line but he just pushed the "you are young and already have a healthy baby so everything must be fine." line. grrr, they really know nothing, it is such an undiscovered science. why is it so expensive when they are just so hopeless!!

anyway to everyone else. Is anyone cycling at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tthc - I'm still smiling about your news! Just goes to show that good things can happen!

My RI appt is on Thursday at 4.30pm and then back to Dr Lok on Friday at 8.30am! I'm wondering how the RI will go as he's going to want to do a NK cell biopsy, but I'm not even ovulating on Clomid, so I'm not sire how that works?! Surely he can just treat me as if I have the NK cells??

Booked a ceremony location and reception place for our wedding! It's still a year away, but I'm a very organised person. DF is laughing about how organised I am. I was telling him all the dates for everything and told him to tell his groomsmen. It's not my fault I want everything to be perfect, right down to the last petal!! Lol. Been ringing around trying to get a good price on a stretch hummer limo. Best I can get so far is $1500... Hmmm can I really justify spending that much?

Hope everyone is well :-)

Can't wait to get the Internet sorted so I can post from my MacBook instead of my damn iPhone!