Closed Thread
Page 90 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning ladies! Just a quickie from me...

EO-I am so sorry sweety for this delay, I really hope you're feeling better today and the next month flies by.. I hope your 8 month break turns into 9 months of being UTD!

Lindylou-It's so hard when people talk about IVF and you want to share your experiences with them, I've used the "my friend at work" line, to talk about it Hope AF turns up on time & you can start your FET!!

to all the other ladies, hope you're all traveling along nicely! Will be back later for more personals!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all quick one (on ph) ... Am so sorry EO :-( on your having to wait and not have a fresh transfer this cycle. it's awful when you have been ready and have to wait. Hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- Oh hun, that most definitely sucks donkeys nuts . So disappointing that you had to freeze all. I don't understand how the so-called 'best' clinic could allow you overstim like that . As hard as it to deal with, it is best that your levels normalise before getting UTD. One of my cycle buddies from July '10 got a BFP with OHSS (E2 over 20000) and she couldn't enjoy her pregnancy because of all the pain and swelling. Her ovaries were the size of oranges . And they took forever to go down because the pregnancy was keeping her hormones so high. I hope the worst of it is over for you now. Did you get a Day 5 update and find out how many embies were suitable to freeze? Its about time something went your way, so I hope you've got a huge freezer family and never have to stim again!

TTHC- oh yes, the good old "friend" trick. We have done that using our neighbours (they really did IVF but never gave us the specifics).

Crofty- yay for starting DHEA! The injection in the TWW might be pregnyl. I used that for luteal phase support last cycle.

Hi Paddlegirl, Nat, Starf1sh and everyone else . Keeping it short today, SO busy at work arrrggghhhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Lindylou - Yep I've been flat out too!

Well I didn't ovulate this month despite taking 2x Clomid. So I'm going to see my FS tomo for a biopsy cause he thinks it'll help implantation. He also wants to put me on Provera to bring my period on but I'm not going to take it. I'll let it come naturally cause I wonder if that could have been a reason for the bfn. Also seeing dr lok (new FS) this Friday. Pretty keen to see what he says!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i have crawled back out from under my rock ladies, sorry for being MIA just trying to process everything.

Nat: How did the Biopsy go? I can’t believe you didn’t O again even though you took Clomid.... very bizarre. Did your FS mention when he thinks you might be able to do another FET?

Lindylou; Thanks hon, it’s been a very tough week. My heart is broken because i feel like i missed out on a very good chance to get UTD this cycle considering how good all my odds were but my head is telling me its for the best. My FS told me some very scary stats and complications that can happen with such high levels and its not nice. We even discussed my first cycle and the MC which has up until now been totally unexplained and i had mild OHSS then so we have come to the conclusion that it may have contributed to it as OHSS has been shown in studies to increase MC rates. You must be getting excited about bringing one of your frosty bubs out of the freezer and back to its mumma very soon.

Paddlegirl: Thanks for your thoughts hon. How are you going with everything?

The Time Has Come: Thanks darl. How are you going? You must be getting so excited about your upcoming scan. Can’t wait to hear the good news.

Crofty: Thanks for your thoughts hon. Is the other injection she mentioned Pregnyl? My Clinic uses that after EPU if you get less than 10 eggs to keep the progesterone levels really high. Its great she is changing this for your next cycle to try and make a difference for you.

Starfish: Thanks for popping in gorgeous. Looks like we might be cycling together in October. That’s great your sis can have most of it done so close to her home and then just come down here for the last part. It’s so exciting its all coming to together for you now, it probably doesn’t feel like it for you but it feels like it’s been pretty quick to get all of this underway for you. .

AFM: Well Monday and Tuesday were really bad days for me, i felt like i really hit rock bottom and i would never have a baby. I ended up getting a call from my FS late Tuesday night (which SHOCKED me as he has NEVER called me without me setting time up weeks in advance in his diary) and it honestly made such a difference to how i felt. He was soooo lovely and apologised that it had come to all of this but the Blasts we got have been the best we have ever had. We managed to get 4 expanding blasts and 1 early blast to freeze. Three others made it to blast but embryologist didn’t think they would thaw well so didn’t freeze them. I am really happy with these results and my FS comments but obviously we have to take each cycle at a time and i don’t want to my hopes up too much as so many things can happen. So its onwards and upwards ladies. I am allowing myself one week of naughtiness with food and a few sneaky reds but then i will be straight back into my healthiness and hope the next 8 weeks go quickly. Thanks for all your lovely thoughts and messages ladies, means a lot to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - it's good to give your body a break. And it's good to have a break from BH now and then. Sometimes you just need it. I think we'll be doing FET together! My biopsy is today, and my FS said he wants to bring my period on with Provera and do a FET but I'm not keen to artificially do it again. I think I'll wait it out. I'm seeing dr lok tomo arvo so I'll ask him. And I'll need to move my embryos cause we can't afford another FET! So annoying that we have to pay so much. That's great news about your blasts! They sound very healthy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- Yay for 5 blasties on ice . Awesome that 4 of them were expanding, and better still that your FS says they're your best embies so far!! I'm really glad to hear he called you personally to give you a pep talk. October will come around fast hun, look how quickly the time went waiting to start your cycle. Enjoy your naughty week! I'm not really excited about my FET at the moment, had a massive argument with DH and we're not on speaking terms. He blew up at me in a bad way and it was totally unjustified. I know he's under alot of stress and it was uncharacteristic of him, but I'm not putting up with that crap! If he hasn't called a truce by the time AF shows then I'll put the FET on hold.

Nat- Bummer that the clomid didn't work this time. I hope your AF doesn't keep you waiting forever and is much nicer when she does show. Good luck for your appt tomorrow, hope Dr L shares your views and is willing to do everything possible to get you UTD! Oh and hope the biopsy is just as easy as the 1st one.

Hi everyone else

AFM- Well as I said to EO, DH and I are not talking at the moment after a huge fight. He's very stubborn and is an expert at the silent treatment, so could be awhile before this blows over. I'm usually the one to wave the white flag & make up even when he started it, but I'm standing my ground this time. Its rather nice having the bedroom to myself and lots of 'me' time in the evenings. He'd better apologise soon or I might get used to this and kick him out of the master suite for good!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou: Yep i was very surprised about the call but it was just what i needed. I know the time will go quickly but it’s just the initial shock in the first few days of being told that i can’t cycle again for 2 months that hurts and frustrates me. Now i have had time to let it sink in i have “accepted” it. Oh hon sorry to hear you and DH had an agreement, must of been a doosy for you to hold your ground and consider not backing down and even skipping a FET if you aren’t talking by the time AF shows up. Hopefully he comes to his senses soon and apologises so you can get into your next cycle. How is bootcamp going hon?

Nat: How did the biopsy go hon? Did they do a BT to see how far your AF was away? I don’t believe in the provera to bring on AF either, maybe if you haven’t had a period for three months but to me it feels like its adding more pressure to your body to try and do something its not really ready for. All the best for your appt with Dr Lok, are you seeing him through Westmead abd not SIVF?. He is a lovely man, very caring and sensitive. Has such a great beside manner and was so different in surgery to when we met him in his offices.

AFM: Just plodding along, enjoyed a lovely bowl of ice cream last night after dinner – haven’t had ice cream in 5 months! The embryologist called me yesterday to confirm details about our Blasties and she said SIVF have a very strict grading system so our little frosticles are top notch and the fact that having 8 out of 15 make it to Day 5 is amazing, three weren’t frozen as they were Grade 3 and SIVF have a clinic policy not to freeze day 3’s as they defrost poorly, they will transfer them fresh though if that’s all there was. By the time we eventually get our bub i reckon i could of completed a PhD in IVF, had enough meds from left over cycles still in my fridge i could do my own cycle at home, if only i knew how to do a TESA. I totally believe it was all the Sharkeys stuff and clean living that has made such a difference for us. We only had 1 out of 5 barely make it to Day 5 last cycle.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

EO - The biopsy was shocking. My cervix was in the wrong spot again, so he had to move it around. Then I was bleeding profusely and had to lay there with the clamp in for ages while he tried to stop the bleeding. Very painful. And all just cause he thinks it'll help implantation. I'm sitting in Dr loks rooms now in Liverpool waiting to see him. I want to move my embryos, just guess I'll have to wait and see what he says. I totally hear you on the PhD in ivf. I swear I know more than my current FS. If I just took his word for everything then I'll never have a sticky bub. But I'm determined that my next BFP will make it all the way. 13 days till I see the RI too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Ladies,

I feel so bad not replying back, have been so super busy. Had first fs appt in sydney last week and then had nurses interview at westmead. We are all set to start ivf when af arrives.

They are going to start me on a long down reg cycle, im still getting used to the wording etc. I have opted to take the lucrin injection as i have a busy lifestyle and won't be able to stick to the 12 hour sniffing.

Well I had a scare yesterday which was 12dpo (as you all know my current fs here in bne wanted one last go at getting me pregnant with iui)

I tested yesterday morning and got a bfp. Exciting yes i know, very very faint.
    So was a bit apprehensive, then re tested today and i can hardly see the line. WTF Dont feel tired or have sore boobs anymore, no bloating all gone. I had all these symptoms yesterday.

Tomorrow will be 14dpo, I will take my progesterone tonight and then re test again tomororwo morning and if no line (which i suspect) I will stop progesterone and get af i suppose.

Anyone had this before? Im thinking chemical.

I had a thought should i continue on with iui or just go ivf. Ithink ivf will give me more of a chance 50% ? as iui is more like 20%
    Any idea's

Im not good at personals as I don't really know alot about ivf, but im sure I will soon.

SO I think i start the pill next week and then not sure if i take the whole packet, then get af or start lucrin in the middle etc?? Guessing they will tell me next week.