Closed Thread
Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quick one for EO - well done on getting 15 embryos - i hope they are continuing to power onwards towards day 5 . I hope you are resting up and feeling OK and not feeling too unwell.

Will catch up on personals soon, has been a full on week in our household! I am thinking of you all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (15-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone
    EO how are those embies going??? Are they going to let you transfer???
    How is everyone else going??? What are everyones plans for this week???

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO, 15 fertilised embies is AMAZING! Look forward to hearing your update on how they are progressing and hope you are feeling ok?

Fantastic news Lindy that your FET is very close

How are you going Nat?

Paddlegirl, the 1st unsuccessful cycle is especially hard Others may disagree but I think you do get 'thicker' skin as they go on, but it does not stop the longing for a baby. Hope you are back on the horse soon and that your journey to motherhood is short

Crofty, good luck with your AMH test, hope it is the result you most want but remember even if it is lower than expected there are STACKS of women (yes even 35+) who get their BFP under these circumstances

BIG to our yummy mummy's to be, those currently cycling and those waiting in the wings for their turn back on the rollercoaster

AFM, feeling a little sore from city2surf, anyone else do it? Wasn't the best of weather but still a lot of fun. All hormones back to baseline from last bt. Hopefully will be starting the pill in 2 weeks to sync my cycle with my sisters and then rock and roll!

Have a great week ALL
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 15-08-2011 at 09:32.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for all your well wishes for my EPU and recovery. It really does amaze me how much support i have received from all of you and how lovely you all are considering we have never met.

Lindylou: Thank gorgeous. DH TESA was OK, we didn’t go with the biopsy just the aspiration as Dr Lok said he had enough to do all the eggs we had retrieved. Apparently with biopsy’s you need to wait 6 months between doing them again so i guess he figured he wouldn’t put us through that if it wasn’t absolute necessary. We have one straw frozen from this cycle (3 straws in total now but i am tempted to tell the clinic to ditch the straw form the last EPU as it was out worst batch yet thanks to DH having no prep and drinking caffeine every day and alcohol) that we could use at a later date. I was very upset though with the results as they still only had around 100 sperm retrieved from the straw we used. We ICSISed the best ones they could find so fingers crossed it was quality over quantity. I have warned DH that he can have a 2 week bender until the PG test but then he is straight back onto the clean living again as Dr Lok thinks we will need a fresh TESA at each EPU. So glad to hear you O’ed and are close to starting your next cycle. Have you decided if you will add prednisone or the antibiotics yet?

TTHC: How are you going hon? Can’t wait for your scan to hear the great news.

Starfish: lovely that’s fantastic news that you are so close to your ED cycle. You must be getting so excited about it now that its so close. Is it going to be a long down reg cycle? Will your sis come and stay with you for the whole time she is cycling? Good on you for doing the City2surf, especially in such cold 5hitty weather.

PinkB: Thanks hon, hope all is going well with you and your past the dreaded MS now. How did telling your DD go?

Loulabelle: Thanks for thinking of me darl, feeling so much better today than the last few days. How are you feeling? When is your next Scan? Have you booked your OB yet?

Paddlegirl: How are you feeling hon? Hope your doing better than last week. I found the cycle when i didn’t get any frosties to be the hardest as i knew i had to go through all the stims again straight away. Have you and DH decided about your break or when you will start another cycle?

Nat: Thanks darl, How are you going? Any sign of O yet for your biopsy?

Felicita: Thanks hon. Have you decided when you will do another cycle?

Crofty: Thanks hon, yep i 5hat myself when the US showed that many. How did your appt go with your FS? I hope he was able to give you some more answers or a possible change for your next cycle that will make all the difference. Have you ever tried the Colorado Protocol? Its something that is pretty standard in the US and UK and aids with implantation etc? I have done a slight modified “home” version of it for this cycle and hoping it makes all the difference.

Hi to anyone else i have missed, so much to catch up on.

AFM: I have had another BT today to check my Estrogen levels to see what they are like and just waiting on the call to let me know if i can have my Transfer tomorrow. Day 3 update was good, they like them to be between 6-9 cells by day 3 so we have 5 at 8 cell and 7 between 6-7 cells and three little stragglers. Feeling happy with those, i guess i am just one of these people that have really high expectations so will always be a little disappointed if i am not getting 100%. I have been really sick the last few days, very nauseas, bloated and dizzy. I have been in bed since EPU (apart from getting my BT done), feeling much better today though. Forgot to mention FS had a student in with him for my EPU so he explained everything to her in detail the entire time, was very interesting to hear it all, she was amazed that i was awake for the whole procedure given how many eggs i have, DH now thinks i have a really high pain threshold after seeing what i went through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- Sounds like your embies are progressing beautifully! Good that Dr L was able to get enough sperm through the TESA alone, I'd say the ones they picked for ICSI were good since you have so many embies at the 6-8 cell stage. I think your DH will be in the clear for a while now, you're bound to have numerous frosties this time . I was so uncomfortable for my EPU for 6 eggs, so you definitely have a high pain threshold to cope with your massive EPU so well. Really happy to hear you've started to feel better today, I hope this means a fresh ET is more likely . I'm seeing my FS on 26/8 to request prednisone, I've decided I'm having it, just need his agreement! Sending more growing vibes to your embies and hope your E2 has come down to where you need it.

Starf1sh- yes, getting close for me now. Hopefully this time next month I will be PUPO. I have done City2Surf twice when I was in high school, and want to have another crack one day. I still remember how freezing it was at the starting line in my shorts & singlet, but I was too vain to wear a garbage bag like other people . It was lots of fun though, the people who do it in costume are the funniest! Do you run it every year? Great news about your levels being back to baseline and getting on with the ED cycle! I'm more excited about your cycle than my own!!

Loulabelle- This week I need to pull my finger out and work, work, work! Lost lots of time being stuck in training last week. I have so much to do I don't know where to start!!

Paddlegirl- Yes, exactly those things! If you're looking for inspiration on what busy Mums miss the most, you can try this thread I started awhile ago. It was quite enlightening! http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...efore-children

Hi to the other Sydney gals

AFM- no news really, not expecting AF til the 24th/25th Aug. DH & I were at a party on the weekend and were chatting with friends who'd done 4 full ICSI cycles- all failed with no frosties- and then they got a natural BFP 3 months after the last cycle! Their bub is due in Nov. While we were listening to them tell us the ins & outs of IVF, it was so hard to play dumb and not "out" ourselves. Funnily enough they used our old clinic, so I was lucky not to bump into them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - Your embies sound great! I reeeeeeally hope you can do a fresh transfer!

No O for me yet. It's CD 20 so doubt it's going to happen. I'll call my FS tomo and tell him so hopefully he'll send me for a BT. I'm seeing Dr Lok on Friday this week so he may send me for more testing. I'm frustrated cause I really wanted accurate NK cell results to take to him and the RI. But I should know by now that nothing ever works like that for me!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    5hit 5hit 5hit My estrogen has risen back up to 15000 and they said i am about to hyperstim so no transfer. My stomache in the last few hours is enormous. I was feeling so much better today aswell. So now i have to wait for AF to show up, will have to skip a month and then will do a FET in October, that will be 8 months since my last trasnfer. This officialy 5ucks donkeys nuts.

Sorry for the me post ladies, i really thought i was going to get a fresh transfer so this has just shattered me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no :-( That's unfair! Especially after all the waiting you've had to do. Is there anything they can do to lower it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO, I'm so sorry lovely As difficult as it is to wait I wish for you only the best possible environment for your embie to finally make a home for the long term. I am sure that you are going to get lots of lovely blasts to choose from also come transfer time, so we will all keep you company while you wait Perhaps we will be doing a tx together in October?

In answer to your question, my sister is doing an antagonist cycle but I have to start the pill in next couple of weeks so we can get AF at the same time and then she will start jabbing. She lives in country NSW (with her DH and young DS) and will be having all her bt's & scans there except the last one which FS wants her to come to Sydney for, then EPU a day or 2 later.

Hope the OHSS settles soon lovely, it is very uncomfortable I had a mild case on my 1st cycle and my stomach was huge and rock hard. Keep up the fluids and protein to get that recovery on track!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 15-08-2011 at 19:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all quick one for me on my phn - congrats EO on fert right hope your little emboss are growing well - sorry that ur little family will have to go to the colder climates for a little while.

Afm - had FS appt last thurs, had BTs for karyotyping and ATM, also trying DHEA which I will start today - she also wants to put me on pessaries and another inject post ET? Can't remember the name now, start with P?

Catch up later with everyone else, hope all is well