Closed Thread
Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I saw the IVF counsellor the week before last, 2 days after ET. I made the appt the afternoon following ET when I recognised that the stress hadn't eased after a good night's sleep. Even she knew that you were supposed to have blasts on d5. She didn't offer any coping skills that I wasn't already implementing, but she did give me permission to cry anywhere-anytime, and said if the cycle was going to work then being upset wouldn't make it fail.
    And then she phoned last week to check on me. In answer to one of my questions she told me then that commencing antidepressants in order to be able to cope with doing another cycle was OK and to see my GP to arrange it. So if she prescribes any I'll only be on them short term. Either until a BFP, or until we use up our final two cycles. But since they take about 6 weeks to kick in, I'll need to start them soon if we're going to do another cycle as crappy as all the previous ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations TTHC and 25andhopeful
    Felicita, I'm sorry to hear of your BFN and that you are having such a rough time right now

Nat, to you also, hope you are treating yourself and good luck with your decision to stay with or change FS. Having 8 embies on ice is amazing btw!

Crofty, congrats on being PUPO!
    Lindy, the irony of needing to go on contraception is absolutely not lost on me! Funnily enough FS gave my sister a big lecture about not falling pregnant at our last appt and look at what bl00dy happens! I will have to go on the pill soon anyway for my ED cycle so that should take care of that. Go get em' girl with the gym sessions! I admire your motivation, I can only manage a brisk walk a couple of times a week atm.

EO, I am also in the 'I hate Lucrin' club. The headaches are the worst! I have found a heat pack on the back of my neck/head sometimes helps. Hope AF cooperates and you are jabbing FSH soon and starting to feel better.

Pink, Quartz and everyone else

AFM, unfortuately looks like it is going to take a while for this MC to sort itself out as hcg and P4 are still quite high But hopefully it will resolve naturally and I won't need any surgical intervention. Still having regular bt's. Most of my sister's results are back and all looking good so we can crack on with our ED cycle in the next few months.

Weather is looking amazing in Sydney over the next week, love, love these sunny Sydney winter days! Have a good week all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies, the weather this weekend has been amazing!

EO-Thank you so much sweety, hope the headaches have eased! & that AF makes her appearance soon!! You'll be in the dreaded TWW in no time!!

PinkB, Quartz, Bella-Thank you from the bottom of my heart ladies!!!

Crofty-Thanks hun!! How are you feeling!? Going yet? When is your BT? Sending you sooooo much and

Felicita-I am so sorry sweety! I was praying for a BFP for you. I hope that you find a way to get in the right place, and pull through this very difficult time. Just remember, people like you deserve to be mothers.

Starfish-I am really sorry it isn't resolving quickly for you, however congratulations on everything going well with your sister! What a precious thing two sisters can share, I have a good feeling about this!

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves & have had a lovely weekend so far...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, sorry its taking its time for you. Hopefully it will pass and you can start again.

AFM CD10 for me and I still seem to have AF. Well its brown and Im so over it. Been on gonal f since cd5 and I am still bleeding. I think I may have a cyst, anyone else had this.

Angela

Thanks
    Reviews
    TTHC- those HPTs may have been the non-early detection ones if you only had a faint line. I will never use early detection HPTs again. I'd rather the less sensitive one so I know its a real BFP and not a lousy chem pg! Nice avatar by the way!

EO- thanks for the extra details on the ibilex. You poor thing with the headaches & hot flushes, I hope this LDR gives you enough eggs & embies so you never need to stim again. Has AF shown up yet?
    I had some mother/daughter glamour pics done with my Mum in 2008 and it was well worth the investment, especially now she's gone we have some beautiful photos to remember her by. We each had individuals & some together. At the time DH said "Nice, but why the clothes?" (the individuals, not the ones with Mum!). Our photographer said every woman should have nude portraits to celebrate herself... he's even had ladies in their 50's & 60's do it! His work was fantastic, very classy & tasteful. Don't know if I could go the full monty though, think I would need lots of bourbon for that! BTW- I finally got DHs last SA results and they were terrible, no wonder we only had 50% fert. He didn't completely give up alcohol & coffee this time, so it just goes to show that supplements, antioxidants and herbs can't overcome toxins from bad lifestyle. As of today its strictly NO alcohol and one coffee/day incase we need to stim again in Dec.

PinkB- must be getting close to your 12wk scan now? How exciting!

Loulabelle- did you have your 7wk scan yet? Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Crofty- I'm slowly mustering up the courage to book the photo shoot. I know that if I don't do it soon, I'll regret it later. I really want DH to have something nice to look at when the real thing has sucuumbed to gravity and babies . Oh wow, your clinic actually gets you to POAS first? I hope you can last til the official POAS day to test. Sending some super sticky babydust your way

Nat- saw your thread on Dr Lok, and I think if your current FS won't budge on more aggressive treatment, then definitely see someone else. My FS (Dr Reid) was going to put me on prednisone and clexane if my NK cells came back positive. We've talked about prednisone just for my thyroid antibodies and he was supportive of that too. He sees patients at Liverpool, but only a couple of days a week, so he can be hard to catch there. Good luck with making your decision.

Angela- sorry, I've never had bleeding with Gonal f before. Hope your FS can reassure there and hope its not a cyst.

Starf1sh- The weather has been lovely, perfect winter sunshine. Sorry to hear your m/c is taking its time, alot can happen in a few days though so hopefully your levels will be baseline at the next BT. I'm so excited about your ED cycle and can't wait to see you finally get that sticky take-home bub!

Felicita- oh my heart breaks for you, big hugs . I'm sorry you find yourself in such a dark place and I hope that the anti-depressants give you a helping hand back to your normal self. Good on you for getting that long list together in readiness for FS appointment, I hope he/she is supportive of any therapies you want to try, especially given your donor cycle limit.

Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM- had a nice weekend, shopping on Sat and a b'day party at Lollipops on Sun. Our friend's little girl turned 4. How awesome is that place, I had more fun than the kids! The climbing equipment and slides are big enough for adults, and lucky for me one of the little girls needed a grown up to take her in (she was a bit scared) . DH got into big trouble because he accidently left the b'day present on the roof of our car and we turned up empty handed . We were over 40mins from home, so DH rang my brother to go to our place and salvage the present. Thank goodness it was still in our street and was in one piece!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Nat84u
    Felicita
    Lindylou78
    Kelbelle
    Lola77
    MrsDaisyP
    Starf1sh
    Traveler
    Quartz
    Lifeonhold
    Bee
    MummyMoo

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

EternalOptimist- ICSI- Lucrin from 19/7
    Angelanathan- IUI

TWW

Bella978- BT 5/8
    Crofty- POAS 10/8

UTD
    PinkButterfly
    Loulabelle
    The Time Has Come
    25andhopeful (natural miracle!)

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lindylou, Dr Reid practices in bowral too doesn't he? I'm very interested to see what my NK result is this time... If it's positive, And if my FS won't give me prednisone then I'll go to someone who does. He says it's risky, but I'd rather use it under professional supervision than potentially miscarry again! I just wish I could find the right concoction of meds for me.

Lollipops is awesome! Last time I went there I got a big friction burn down my arm from the inflatable slide! Owww! And I don't know how the kids down down that really really steep slide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so now I'm starting I'm only into day 5 of 3 day transfer and feel like I'm getting AF already!!!!! except my boobs r so sore, feel and look bigger and are veinier (if that makes sense) so I'm expecting AF to show tomorrow or wed (based on past cycles - however that will be verrrry early comparatively) sorry for the me post - home alone as DH is working night shift - UUURRRRRHHHHHH - I hate TWW - seriously we do need to invent something to get girls like us through it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat- yes Dr Reid has a Bowral office too. That steep slide was my fave! I was very impressed with the tiny kids going down that one alone, Miss 5 that ran me ragged would only ride it with me holding her tight. I had to pinky swear I wouldn't let her go!

Crofty- those feelings/symptoms can all be blamed on high prog. I had a very heavy feeling down low all thru the TWW and thought the mother of all AFs was coming any day. Consider it a good sign that your prog is nice & high!

Sent from my X10i using Bubhub

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry i have been MIA ladies, it’s not like me at all not to be on BH.

Crofty: Oh hon sorry to hear the TWW is sending you crazy, it’s the one thing in this whole IVF journey i hate the most. I think it’s because it’s totally out of our hands and there is nothing we can do to change the outcome. It probably isn’t making you feel any better with such high amounts of progesterone running around in your body, DH calls progesterone the crazy hormone as it sends my nuts in my TWW. I have everything crossed for you hon, i want this to work so badly for you.

Lindylou: Those mother daughter pics would be amazing and something that you get to treasure forever. I love your DH comment about the clothes I had some very sexy photos taken on my wedding day in my lingerie for DH eyes only. Although my mum and bridesmaids were there and were cracking up at me getting them taken. It may have been the bottle of champagne i had that morning on an empty stomach that gave me that much courage to do them, i think my photographer was a little shocked. Wow that’s amazing about your DH SA results, it just goes to show how much alcohol and caffeine can affect it. DH has been pretty good, i think he has had 4 coffees in the last 4 months and we only really drank when we were in NZ, i know Dr Lok said we could have all the red wine we wanted, but i just didn’t feel comfortable about that so cut it out all together. Any sign of O yet hon?

TTHC: How are you going pregnant mumma? Hope your still up there floating on cloud 9. When is your scan? So excited for you hon.

Starfish: Sorry to hear your situation is dragging hon, it sucks when things don’t go the way we planned. Awesome news about your sis results. Did you manage to speak to the clinic about your concerns regarding the organisation of ED cycles? How is the new job going sweet?

Felicita: Oh hon, my heart truly goes out to you. So many unanswered questions and thoughts at the moment. I hope your appointment with your FS can help you with your next steps. I think if antidepressants help you through your next cycle then def give them a shot. This is such a hard journey and we need every little bit of help we can get to get through it the other side.

Nat: How did you go with your choice to switch FS hon? Have you started your clomid now for this cycle to make sure AF arrives when she should?

Traveler & Lola: Hope you are both having a fab time on your holidays.

Hi to PinkB & Qartz

AFM: Lucrin is really knocking me around, woke up on Sunday with a Migraine – have never had one in my life. I spent all day in bed and was also throwing up, and had yesterday off work with bad headaches still. Very strange as i never get side affects form the antagonist cycles. AF arrived on Sunday so maybe that had something to do with it all, very releived she showed up as there was talk of a cancelled cycle if my estrogen didn't drop or AF was not showing any signs of turning up. So i am day 3 of jabbing FSH and have BT tomorrow to see how it’s all going, Still have hot flushes but feel a lot better now i have started the FSH. Well all the fun stuff is beginning now, so nervous to see if the last 5 months have paid off.