Closed Thread
Page 73 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol EO... Of course I've caved in! Nothing yet tho... Maybe be an extremely slight line on this afternoons ons but its so faint I can't even really see it. Maybe I'm imagining it lol! Too early yet I guess at only 5dp5dt... But I'll keep testing!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, i thought you would of done one by now, i can't wait for the daily - or even Am and PM updates, you are totally going to go through those 40 HPT's you have at your place.

Lindylou: Have you had your call yet hon, i am going crazy waiting for them to give you your results .

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - One?! Lol I've done 3! And the one I did this arvo has an extremely faint line... I'll wait till my DF gets home to see if he sees it. And yep I'll be testing AM and PM. I'll buy FRER tomo and start with those too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    nat84u, OMg how exciting!!!!

I have a few questions, is all ivf the same? ie, start on pill for a month? Then what happens exactly, im assuming you start sniffing and fsh injections?

How long into cycle do you have blood tests etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat84u - ...you have at least made me smile with your POAS tales. I must say, in all the transfers I have done, I think I have used 2-3 in total, not 40 for 1 transfer!

Eternal Optimist - won't be cycling with you afterall Had an ultrasound today to check on spleen, it has confirmed CT results that something is not quite right. GP and FS wants bloods to be taken again before I start IVF. There would be nothing worse than finally getting a BFP only for there to be something wrong with me. And Murphy's law has it that hubby is away for work for two weeks in August (when I require him of course ), so I am going to be delayed now for at least two weeks. Hopefully next set of BT will be ok, and this is just my false start. What antibiotics are you taking? I'm wondering if my spleen is showing infections/inflammation then it may be worth a go. I'm already going clexane and my FS is not one who believes in NKC and colorado protocals...unless the conference has convinced him otherwise.

Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm off to feel a bit sorry for myself...I also believe the colder months seem to have higher success rates, so I'm more disappointed now too that transfer won't be till end Aug/early Sept. Oh well, not much I can do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - very exciting that you saw a faint second line!

Kelbelle - sorry that you are not able to cycle this month.

AngelaNathan - all IVF cycles are not the same. I did an antagonist (I think!) cycle - I'm still very new to this so ladies please correct me if I'm wrong. But it does not involve taking the pill or sniffing. Had a BT on CD1 and on CD 2 I started jabbing and that was it. BT & U/S on CD 8 & 12, EPU CD15. Someone might have mentioned that you may expect less eggs on an antagonist cycle (although I have NO idea if this is actually true), but I got 14. Is your clinic sending your info/reading material? Mine gave me a really informative booklet that has pretty much answered any questions I've had about the IVF process.

AFM - got a call today from the scientist at the clinic. Out of my 14 eggs one was too immature, 13 were ICSIed and 11 fertilised overnight . I think this is really good(??), but I am also being realistic b/c I realise a lot can happen to those little embies (they are embies now, right?!) between now and ET on Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the late post... I'm auditing this week and couldn't update sooner.

Crofty- wow your rugging up routine sounds way worse than mine!! I have a fan heater under my desk that I use all year round because the air con in our office is f-f-f-freezing.

EO- Yay for jabbing at last! Good work scoring the extra antibiotics too! Well I wanted my uterus back and I got it . Strangely I'm not sad, quite relieved actually and looking ahead to FET in Sep.

Nat- sounds promising hope that line is darker tomorrow!

Angelanathan- each cycle is different, I've only done antag cycles as Bella described so I can't help with what happens when for the long down reg. Sorry.

Kelbelle- oh poo, what a lousy setback! You might end up being my cycle buddy now. Its still cold in early Sep, so we'll catch that cold weather boost

Bella- 11 fert is FANTASTIC! I hope all your embies keep dividing beautifully for you.

Hi everyone else

AFM- Well it all happened for me today! Woke up to a headache and massive temp dive, so I knew AF was coming. Had my BT and got confirmation hcg is back to 0 and prog down to 15. I was given the option of going straight into a FET cycle, but I'm going to sit this one out and wait til next CD 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO – yay for jabbing – you are on the way woohooo! Good on you for getting the antibiotics!

Bella – awesome egg numbers and fertilisation rate – yes 11 embryos is a great number to start with and a very high fertilisation rate is a good sign too!

Felicita – I am frustrated for you that you didn’t get a blastie, your embryos sounded like they were powering. The cycle where we had a morula transferred I did read lots of good stories online about 5 day morulas resulting in BFP’’s so i am keeping everything crossed for you

Kelle – so sorry to hear you have more delays, I hope they can sort out your spleen issues ASAP.

Lindylou- Sorry to hear AF has arrived, I hope ur feeling OK
    Nat – fingers crossed

Angela – sounds like the cycle you are talking about is a long cycle. The shorter ones just start on CD2 and straight into FSH injections. The long ones you suppress your own hormones before starting on FSH.

TTHC – i am so pleased to hear that your embie thawed and what a super douper embie it is all ready to latch on for the long haul. Sending super sticky babydust

AFM – had a “re-assurance” scan today and all is on track at 9 weeks, still very surreal. Booked in with my ob next week so discharged from the IVF clinic which after 2 yrs on the books seems surreal too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB - congratulations on being discharged from the IVF clinic.

I'm still feeling like crap today so I'm seeing a counsellor at the clinic tomorrow.
    Google wasn't so kind to me in my search for d5 morula success. Most of the stories were "we transferred a blast and a morula and don't know which one took," my guess would be the blast, or opinions like "perfectly on track embies on d2 or d3 can work so of course a morula that's stopped growing will be even better." The third morula that they kept in the lab overnight didn't provide any hope either. Embryologist refused to speculate on possible reasons for the apparent arrest of our embies at the morula to blastocyst transition. She suggested perhaps trying microarray PGD, however we asked FS about that before IVF/ICSI#4 and he didn't think it was appropriate for our situation. Although I'd love for this cycle to work, I actually have zero hope of it doing so. I've never felt no hope before AF or BT before - despite many negative POAS - and I must say it's a bit depressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Felicita sorry to hear ur so down about your transfer - hope u feel a little better after ur appt today.

Nat - OMG - I can't believe how many P yests u go through. - do u have shares in one of the companies??? Lol - maybe u should buy a digital one - save sum money -(that's if u can re-use them)

Angel - u should receive a 6 wk timeline from WFC once u take the pill and successfully book in for ur cycle - when u puck up ur FSHs they will then give u a day by day plan where u record your injections etc - in a long cycle (6 weeks from taking the pill) u will have a BT in wk 5 then u/s and BT (usually only 2 BTs in a long cycle) wk 3 will b your Lucrin or synarel to turn off ur hormones, wk 4 is when u start your FSHs and wk 6 is usually EPU and ET

Helpmann - hope y get sum answers soon re: ur spleen - so u can get back into ur IVF journey

Bella - good fertlisation results - hope all goes well for transfer sat

LindyLou - sorry to hear ur news good on u for jumping straight back in!!! I backed up with 3 cycles (all fresh as never had any to freeze ) so good luck and enjoy your fee weeks off!!! I enjoyed my 3 mths - my body def needed it

AFM - BT came back yesterday with levels at 1311 (can't remember if that's good or not - help????) have another BT and u/s friday so hopefully see some good size follies - hoping for best result to date - 4th stim cycle lucky??? Pls just give me sum frosties in the event I don't get the BFP!!!!

Keep warm all - my DH drove me to work this morning(sooo cold) god bless his cotton sox - lol - he has the day off so he's prob snuggled up in bed with the dogs still!!!!!