Closed Thread
Page 71 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I am from Brisbane but will be ringing tomorrow to get my first fs appt through westmead . excited . Had 2 iui that were bfn so decided to go the big guns . I have pcos and any advice on this whole process would be great , also if anyone Is using westmead I would love to chat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone
    LindyLou: I am so sorry your levels didn't rise. I really feel for you and your DP. Have you spoken to your FS about where to go from here?? I really hope that your next cycle brings better news.
    Lola: I am so sorry about bubba, it is just heartbreaking. Sending love and best wishes your way
    TTHC: Best of luck for tomorrow, hope it all goes smoothly, let us know
    Crofty: Hi, hope you are doing well
    PinkB: How are you going, have you been well?
    Sonia: Welcome, I am not with SIVF but I just puregon this last cycle at 200 and got a BFP, but I also have low AMF and only got 6 eggs (4 mature but all fertilized with ICSI). Hopefully the change in drugs might be good?
    Traveler: I hope your DP comes round, it is so hard not being at the same place especially when doing IVF, this whole process is so emotionally draining and it is so hard if you are having "discussions" with your partner about it all too!!! I hope you can both come to a resolution you feel comfortable with
    Bella: Best of luck for tomorrow, I hope it all goes really well for you and you get lots of lovely eggies
    Felcitia: Great embies, hope that one of those little ones sticks. Best of luck, when will your b/t day be???
    All other Sydney girls: Hi hope you are well and staying warm
    AFM: Nothing too much to say, little bit of nausea here and there (I was terribly sick with DD) so not sure if not feling too sick is a good or bad thing. I have to see my GP on Tuesday as I need her to do my referral for the hospital (we are planning a homebirth but through St George hospital) so I will get her to do another hcg just to check things are Ok and then viability scan next Tuesday with my FS, am already very nervous (especially as I don't feel so sick but DP thinks maybe we are having a boy and that is why I don't feel too bad??? Who knows)
    Stay warm and dry everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly - glad to hear you're starting to feel better.

crofty - I was wondering what had happened to you. Good luck on this cycle.

lola77 - more to you

lindylou78 - Is that the universe kicking me while I'm down, or sending me a message that I shouldn't give up hope??
    Do you normally live in a vengeful universe or a helpful one. I live in a helpful one with a nasty, warped sense of humour. For me your day would be omens to not give up hope.

angelanathan - I don't use WFC, so can't say what their clinic environment is like. I go to a different clinic that's also located at Westmead. My main advice would be to allow yourself to get excited, but don't stray too far from reality when you do so. Also, ask us and/or your FS any questions at all. Be forewarned that I don't know how to write a short reply, but if you're lucky someone else will answer before me .

Loulabelle - be careful with wishing you feel more sick - it might come true.

AFM - Crunch time tomorrow. We still have good embryo reports so far, we're on track to make blastocysts again finally, so really hoping these ones look normal. We're wanting 8cell or morula for today's report.
    2 @ morula
    2 @ 8 cell
    1 @ 7 cell
    1 @ 5 cell
    3 @ 4 cell
    Since we're using the new sperm now this is essentially yet another attempt #1 so we're only transferring 1 embryo tomorrow. We might get our first ever frosty, and maybe some more frozen on day 6. I know I shouldn't count my chickens before they're frozen, but I'm a little bit excited.

Also, does anyone have tips on how to stay warm without sending the electricity bill through the roof? I always knew I was colder than most ppl, normally about 36.3-36.6 (forehead temp), whereas DH is more like 37.5-37.8. But today when someone declared that it wasn't THAT cold (when they saw me wearing a warm parka) I took my forehead temperature and it was 33.4 (DH was 37.6 so the thermometer probably isn't broken).
    Before gloves are suggested I would like to say they don't help. Somehow the gloves get warm but my hands stay just as cold inside them. I know that probably breaks the laws of thermodynamics, but it happens.
    Winter should be made illegal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - Hope all goes well for your transfer today! Thinking of you xx

Well, something is definitely happening with my embryos. Woke up with a heavy, crampy feeling in my lower belly and little pains every now and then. I get this everytime I'm UTD, just hope the Clexane does it's job! Which btw is getting horrible, I had a breakdown after my Clexane needle last night, cried and all. I have bruises everywhere and it just hurts so much! But as long as it's working right...?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - great to hear your embryo's are powering on!!! All the best for transfer today

I agree wholeheartedly that winter should be illegal - I am so over it. I am a cold bod too - don't know if clexane is making it worse for me??. My tips are wearing long thick stockings under anything i am wearing plus an extra pair of socks, Wearing a scarf even at home til i can get warm and a beanie/hat if i am desperate - i hear the heads the best place to prevent heat loss!! Also regular warm cuppas! Good luck!

Nat Your symptoms sound so promising I am with you on the clexane jabs. My DH does them for me and some days all i can do is curse! I have found avoiding any lumps under the skin helps, but it gets harder to find new spots. I agree as long as it works - the things we go through hey!!!

Loulabelle - remember every pregnancy is different in terms of how you feel, its good you feel some sickness before your 7 week scan, its still so early. I had hyper-emesis with my DD but i have only vomited once so far but have more nausea throughout the day/night - all a bit different. Not long til your scan now.

Crofty - good to hear you are cycling again - hope all goes well

Lindylou Glad you are feeling better. I am sorry you are in such limbo land. Was your prog still high at the last BT??. It may take a while to come down from being so high and thats essentially what makes us shed our lining and get AF i think. I hope you get some more answers from your next BT.

Hi to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, well today did crunch. It seems that it is too much to ask for a blastocyst . Transferred two of the three morulas, so hopefully we've got the one that caught up and is still dividing on board. Scientist and FS tried the whole "morulas are cool, morulas are great" but I think they realised I didn't believe them when I started crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Well I rang westmead and I am booked in for the 10th august. I have a question for you.
    If I start the pill when do i start sniffing etc. Im guessing when i get my period after the pill
    And do you get to choose lucrin or sniffing? Whats the difference?

Anyone know of any hotel cheap that are close to hospital besides wesley lodge?

Thanks girls, I will keep reading your stories but Im sure i will have so many questions to ask if you don't mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been a long time since I've done a long down-reg cycle. Following the instructions your FS and FN give you would be the best bet. IVFA have info on the way they run their down-reg cycles here: http://www.ivf.com.au/ivf-treatment/...ent-cycle.aspx
    Again, I expect your FS will tell you if you will be using lucrin or synarel.

I don't know any cheap hotels in walking distance of Westmead Hospital. I drive to Westmead (40 min to 1.5 hours depending on traffic). It's only a short distance from the train station so you could stay in a different suburb.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita: Oh hon, sorry to hear they didn’t quite get to the blasty stage before Transfer. It’s so hard to stay strong in these situations when we know things should be at a certain stage at a certain day. On the upside your are PUPO with twins and you have a good chance of it working. Are you having the rest of the day off to relax?

PinkB: Hope you’re feeling better now hon and you and DD have kicked the nasty flu. Have you booked in with an OB yet? Any thoughts on who you will see?

Traveler: Oh hon, sorry ot hear about the conversation with DH, i hate those ones, they are always so difficult. I hope you can both resolve things quickly and get back on the same page again soon.

Nat: OMG i can’t believe you have resisted POAS with those symptoms. Sounds like the Clexane is starting to give you a bit of grief, do you ice the area first or is it the pain afterwards that hurts? Sounds like you will be sharing some very happy news with all of us very soon.

Loulabelle: So glad you don't have MS this time around, it is horrendous, your DH could be right with it being a boy this time. Wow a homebirth, did you homebirth with your DD? What type of prep do you have to do for labour at home? Will your OB attend your house?

Crofty: Oh welcome back honey, i have been wondering where you have been. Glad to hear your into another cycle, hope you’re feeling good about it all. How are you finding the Antagonist cycles? They sure are quick compared to the long down regs aren’t they.

Lola: Oh hon, sending you big hugs, how are you feeling today? Did you go into the clinic this morning for your BT? I was there today as well, it was so busy, always is on a Monday. Sounds like you have a plan for the next few months and a holiday to kick it off is just what you need.

Angelanathan: I am due to start my long down reg tomorrow and will inject Lucrin for 10 days then expect AF to arrive then start the Gonal F on day 2 of my next cycle. The down reg can delay AF sometimes so you just keep up the lucrin/synarel until it arrives and then go for your next BT to check when you start the GonaF/puregon.

Lindylou: Oh hon, my heart really goes out to you at this time. It’s so much more painful being stuck in limbo land. There are 2 ladies in the June/July thread who had low hcg (and were told it was a chemical so stop meds) yet a week after they stopped and there BT have showed fantastic HCG levels that double well within the required times. Stranger things have happened hon and given your continued rise in preg symptoms from the prog i wouldn’t be giving up just yet, I don’t think its the universe kicking you at all hon. i would be thinking its telling you not to give up.I have everything crossed for your BT tomorrow .

Kelbelle: Yep i am at the City clinic. Awesome news about your spleen, we will cycle together after all . All the best for your interview.hon. I changed jobs about 3-4 months ago and when i went for an interview (not the one i accepted) and they asked if i had any questions i was so bluntly open about it all. I said yep “i am doing IVF and require time off for cycles, early BT etc etc” and to my absolute surprise they offered me the job and were so happy with my honesty. I declined that job because i didn’t mesh with the boss that well but all the feedback i had from them was that he was very thankful for my honesty. I think my case was a very rare occasion as my previous boss TOTALLY changed when i told her about IVF, she made my life hell and forced me to change jobs. Although given it’s a 6 month role i probably wouldn’t tell them.

TTHC: How did your FET go hon, i have everything crossed you are now PUPO with a perfect little blasty .

Hi Bella, Qartz and Starfish.

AFM: Well i have O’ed so i start Lucrin tomorrow. I think i have a very bad association with my clinic, this morning when i woke up i was so nauseous even thinking about going in for the BT and then literally as i walked into the building i started crying FOR NO REASON AT ALL. It was all fine once i left and i feel fine now but i think it’s just that horrible feeling when starting yet another cycle. So ladies here i go, 4 months off of drinking 5hitty disgusting herbs and taking all these pills better work.
    Last edited by EternalOptimist; 18-07-2011 at 13:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - I'm thinking of you! All the very best for this cycle... I haven't POAS yet, I still think it's too early but my DF told me to just do it lol. I've got 40 in my drawer waiting, I was planning on starting Tues or Wed morning. But I dare say I'll be racing home this arvo to do one straight away...