Closed Thread
Page 70 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Nat- congrats on being PUPO! Can't wait to hear the HPT results soon

EO- hope ur antibiotics theory works, & glad ur feeling better. It's only just started raining at my place now...

Felicita - yay for such an awsome fert rate. Are u putting 2 back?

Timehascome-will be praying for your embie to defrost

Bella- awsome follow count! I hope you don't get ohss

Lindylou & Lola- how are you both holding up?

Hello everyone else

Afm- had an ivf discussion/argument with DH the other night he said he didn't want to talk about it till next year & that I should get counciling cos I'm just not bouncing back after our cancelled fet I just hate counseling, when I went before DS, they just told me to face reality; I may not have kids. I just don't think it helped, and I would rather put my energy into staying positive throughout cycling.
    Sorry for ranting on about myself yet again, but next year seems so far away, and another setback to our family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EO - It's difficult to say if this result is better than the previous donor. Our first previous-donor cycle had 7/7 fert and start dividing. If we get even one normal blastocyst then this cycle will be better, we've never had one of them before despite going to day 5 twice.

traveler - since we're hopeful that all our problems were sperm related we've elected to transfer just one this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney ladies,

Hope u all have a lovely weekend planned

I am currently doing my second cycle with SIVF. I was just hoping to ask u lovely ladies are most of u doing long or short antagonist cycles? Also, what doses of puregon/gonalf are u using? I used 125 units of puregon last time but this tine it has jumped to 200 units! Although I'm guessing that's because previously I only got 4 eggs. Although, I'm a 'smaller' 45 kg petite person so worried that dose might be too high, ESP since it's a back to back cycle

Thanks everyone xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonia27 - I too am with SIVF, and firstly did a short cycle, however I didn't respond well and the cycle was cancelled. I have now gone back to the long cycle. I wouldn't worry too much about your dose, it can always be adjusted depending on bloods and ultrasounds.

Traveler - Sorry to hear of you 'discussion' with DH. My FS has said this should be our last cycle, and if not successful we should move on with our lives. Before we are totally consumed by ivf, we are 50, and have spent most of our married life with holidays/jobs etc all revolving around ivf. I totally understand where he is coming from, as that appears to have been my life for a few years now, and I feel I may be reaching the end. Sometimes a break away can renew your enthusiam for life, and 6 months will be here before you know it.

Bella978 - Good luck for EPU on Monday - great numbers!

Felicita - All the best for your FET on Monday also

Eternal Optimist - Glad antibiotics are helping...I may question my FS next week on that theory, as with all my issues with having my bowel removed, I'm sure it would help. It looks like I may be cycling with you after all, I was delayed too! (I'm at Norwest though, are you at the city clinic?)

AFM - The blood test I had for my enlarged spleen can back mostly ok, however FN said it was best to wait a week before starting Lucrin. FS will be back on Monday so he can look at them, only had a small problem with some inflammation levels which is probably due to IBS.So, fingers crossed I will be starting this Wednesday on the Lucrin. I have a job interview on Thursday for a 6 month part time role and am hesitant to talk about ivf. Have any of you mentioned this if you were offered a role?

Smilies seem to have vanished in the forum upgrade, but a big wave & baby dust to all us Sydney ladies - STAY WARM

Thanks
    Reviews
    traveler - if you ever feel the need to deliver a rant in person I'm available most mornings to listen.

kelbelle - good to hear that the spleen doesn't seem to be anything nasty. It's your B cells (antibody-making cells) that tend to be responsible for an enlarged spleen, so if you know if they're involved in your IBS, then that explains that.

Incremental update day 3 - aiming for 4-8 cells.
    1 @ 8 cells
    1 @ 6 cells
    2 @ 5 cells
    4 @ 4 cells
    1 @ 3 cells.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lola I am just so so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news. I wish things had been different for you. I had a similar experience 18 months ago and found it so difficult. Please feel free to vent to us whenever you need, we are all here for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry for being MIA, this bug really knocked me off my feet, its been a shocker, but starting to come good now & fortunately and DD is much better.

Lindylou so very sorry to hear your BT results, I am so disappointed for you. I really hope your sticky bubba is around the corner.I hope I didn’t pass on any cyber bugs and hope ur feeling better!

Travelersorry to hear you are having a rough time of it. One IVF counsellor once described infertility to me as a constant grief – you can be in different stages at different times but it’s always there – i found that rang so true for me and explained why i could be feeling different strong emotions as different times. Thinking of you.

TTHC – I have everything crossed for your FET this Monday.

Felicta – great egg numbers and fert rate – congrats! With your oestrogen level – it looked great – i read somewhere recently that towards the end of an antagonist cycle the level is less reliable as a predictor of eggs due to the antagonist action (most likely to underestimate) – i’m sure you would explain it better! Sending good vibes for your embryo’s to keep growing!

Kellebelle – hope you haven’t been too delayed in starting. Hoping this is the cycle for you

Bella _ good luck for EPU Monday

EO – bugger about the delay!!!. On the antibiotic front I took them from transfer time as i had a bad sinus infection – I have always wondered if it would make a difference too in case there were any infections causing problems with implantation etc.

Natgreat news you are PUPO with 2 perfect blasts, keeping everything crossed for you!

Soniawelcome and good luck for your cycle. FSH dose is usually based on diagnosis, age and response of the ovaries to stimulation rather than weight. 200 is not too high. Wishing you well

Have a good weekend all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Girls - I'm back!!!! long story - but at the end of the day I finally have access to BH AGAIN!!!!!! I have been able to read up on everyone's progress though - just haven't been able to log in from Iphone or Laptop for quite some time now!!!!

Big Congrats - FINALLY- to some SYD girls!!! Well done Pink B and Loulabelle - bout time we had some good news on this thread - here's hpoing for alot more very soon!!!

EO - hope your (mishap) is clearing up - when u starting your Lucrin - I think a read a coupe of weeks back you were starting long cycle (1st one?) All mine bar the last have been long cycles and all with Lucrin, as Synarel wasn't in stock when I first started so I just kept getting Lucrin as don't mind it. 

Sonia27 - Welcome - I'm with WFC and I've switched from Puregon to Gonal F this cycle. My 1st cycle, I started on 150, got 4 eggs, trns 1. 2nd cycle, 200, 3 eggs, trns 2 and 3rd cycle, 350, 3 eggs, 1 trns. I haven't had any frosties and all my transfers have been day 2 - all 3 of my cycles were back to back and I never had any real side effects, so you should be fine and we're in safe hands at the Fertility Centre's and kept very well monitored - lol

Traveler - Don't envy the conversations with DH - they are very hard, my thoughts and wishes are with you and your DH as it's not easy on any of us on the IVF journey - just know that we're all here to hear your rants and rave's!!!!

Bella - WOW great numbers, hope I get numbers like you!!!good luck for Monday - hope you get some great numbers from EPU

Felicita - your emby numbers are looking great!!! looks like you'll have some frosties in this batch - well done!!!!

Kelbelle - Goodluck cycling and with your job interview - I haven't had the problem of having to disclose to everyone my IVF journey (mind u I've been there for 16 yrs next week!!) good luck either way (with both your decision and the position!)

LindyLou -Hope all is well and my thoughts and prayers are with you with big fingers crossed for some good news!

Nat - hope your 2ww is off to a good start with PUPO x 2!!! Keep sane and g8 news with 8 on their way to the freezer!!

TTHC -my everything is x'd for your FET on Monday - hoping you receive the positive phn call tomorrow from the scientist!

Hi to anyone I've missed - it has been hard to try and catch up with everyone and write personals for you all!

AFM - well, started cycle 4 - been jabbing since, BT scheduled for Tues, and U/S scheduled for Fri.

Again, hope you're all well, and hope your enjoying your weekend

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Apologise in advance for continuing lack of personals. I've been off bh for a few days and not yet had chance to catch up. I started bleeding today while we were out at the aquarium with DS. Didn't tell DH until we were leaving so he didn't freak and spoil the visit for DS. Annoyingly I was 5 mins from my Ivf clinic but because it was the afternoon, there was no-one there to take bloods so have to go all the way back to the city tomorrow.
    The bleeding hasn't upset me tbh. Once everything sunk in, my concern turned towards the possibility of needing a d&c and really not wanting one, plus I fly to England for my bestie's wedding in 2 weeks and I was worried about either not being able to fly or starting bleeding badly on the plane / in england.
    Now all I have to do is go on a mega crash diet because the bridesmaid dress doesn't fit me due to Ivf bloating and early preg overeating. I have a scan on Thursday which will hopefully show things are on their way to being completed. I don't know what the standard post m/c rules are for Ivf, but I have a feeling they're going to make me take a break anyway cos of the huge cyst on my right ovary. I'd like to get back on the Dhea straight away and spend the next couple of months hitting the gym with my physio to get my back strong and loose some weight.
    Trying to look on the positive side and not think to deeply as I too easily get caught in the sadness of what we've lost.
    Hope everyone's doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- Wow, that correlation between the antibiotics and your BFPs is incredible, way over & above a coincidence!! One sticky bubba coming up . Thanks for responding in my chem pg thread, 6 days for AF to show after the hormone drop seems ages and I don't believe mine have even begun to decline, in fact my symptoms have gotten stronger!

Nat- OMG you went for double FET! Given your history of getting UTD quite easily and now with clexane on board, I'm thinking the probability of twins for you is sky high... double trouble here we come . Good to know the clexane wasn't so horrid either!

Felicita- more babydust for your embies , looks like you're in good shape for a nice blastie to transfer and perhaps some to freeze.

Bella- WOO-HOO on the bonus follies and best of luck with EPU tomorrow! I hope you get lots of mature eggs and a perfect fert rate

Traveler- I'm sorry that your DH isn't on the same page as you . He just doesn't understand that the best coping mechanism we have after a failed cycle is looking ahead to the next... it is that little bit easier to move on when the next iron is in the fire. I hope you can take some comfort in that the door is still open after previously deciding you wouldn't cycle again. Next year will come around fast, DH and I went 7 months between cycles and it really flew.

Sonia- Hi and welcome! I'm with SIVF and did a short antag cycle with Gonal F. I haven't used puregon sorry, so not sure if the dose is equivalent? I'm sure your FS knows what he/she is doing and you have no need to worry about the increased dose.

Kelbelle- Good to hear your spleen problem won't ruin the cycle. I hope this lucky last cycle is just that and your IVF journey will be completed with bub in arms . I'd be reluctant to mention IVF in a job interview, I'd limit it to some upcoming 'medical procedures'. That way it won't look deceitful should you get the job then immediately take time off for EPU & ET. Oh and the smilies are still here, you just have to click 'go advanced' after you hit reply.

PinkB- I'd say I picked up my bug from a fellow bus passenger or a colleague- it has gone around the office. Started feeling human again yesterday, so looks like the worst is over. I hope you've fully recovered by now and your DD too.

Crofty- hi stranger , nice to see you back! Yay for jabbing and good luck with your BT to come, hope your ovaries are responding beautifully .

Lola- no need for apologies, you just take care of yourself . It seems mother nature is being mercifully quick for you, and your shift in mindset shows what incredible inner strength you have. Hope you'll be able to enjoy your friend's wedding and the trip to the UK.

TTHC- good luck for FET tomorrow!

Hi to Starf1sh, Quartz, Loulabelle & anyone I've missed

AFM- I am still trying to make sense of what the hell is going with me!! Having been told this is a chem pg and all is doomed, I really expected that a week later there would be some indication that my hormones are dropping and AF is coming. Instead my temps are still high, they rose even higher because of my cold, but are now back to regular LP temps. So it looks like prog is staying elevated. My boobs have gotten even more swollen and more painful than when I first got the BFP 9 days ago, and there are still no cramps or spotting. I just don't get it, my hcg was so pathetically low that this should be done & dusted by now... Next BT on Tues morning will hopefully shed some light. If the signals from my body weren't bad enough, have a go at this- on Thurs when I was home sick I was watching stuff Tivo had recorded and one show was an old rerun of 'Medical Rookies', this particular episode featured a trainee OB who was followed around as she delivered babies. Next I flicked to live TV and 'The Circle' was on, it was a freakin baby shower episode for Chrissie Swan and the ENTIRE audience was filled with pg ladies. Later in the day I read through some junk mail and Aldi's specials for the week are none other than baby items... . Is that the universe kicking me while I'm down, or sending me a message that I shouldn't give up hope??