Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Pinkbutterfly: Sounds like you had a nice time away from all this IVF crap, You have had a really rough year and it takes so much energy to get over things like that. Sorry to hear about your BFN, are you going to be doing another cycle again soon?

25andhopeful: How are you going darl with your cycle? Have you done a natural cycle before? I was really surprised at how laid back it was and no fuss.

Lindylou78: How are you going with your list honey? I have done a fair bit off it already, i told DH that if this cycle doesn’t work i am going to shout myself a Prada handbag, cause there is no way i could get one of those if i had a baby

Starfish: You must be getting excited about your scan tomorrow to see your little bean. Can’t wait to hear the good news

Nat84u: I am a massive advocate of acupuncture, i did it last cycle and doing it again this cycle and find it amazing, i had virtually no side effects at all from the drugs – just a lot of bloating. It was also my acupuncturist that told me i was pregnant three days prior to my blood test as she could feel it in my pulse. I am not sure what the link with it is to success but i think its because it made me feel sooooo calm which helped overall. I know with this cycle because its a natural cycle i have noticed a lot of things, I have never ovulated on CD14, i am usually on CD 18 or 19 but tis cycle i ovulated on CD14, and also with my last AF i normally get really bad PMS and the cramps on the first few days are crippling and this time i woke up in the morning bleeding and had no other signs AF was coming so thats pretty positive for me.

How is everyone else going?

AFM: I had my FET on Sunday so am now 2 days past transfer and already this is playing head games with me. We only had to defrost one which is fantastic and it only lost 10% of its cells in thawing which the embryologist said is great as there clinic loose anything from 5 – 30% of cells. It had started to expand just before they put it back inside me so the FS was happy with that. I have my blood test on the 20th, i am so freakin nervous already. We have one little frosty left in the freezer now. My DH keeps grabbing my boobs every 5 mins to see if they are sore or bigger than normal – god love him he is cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

PinkButterfly- good to see you back! Sorry it was another BFN . Glad you got away over the holidays though and hope that 2011 definitely has better things in store for you! We too indulged in a break from our health kick and now DH is not looking forward to giving up the coffee and alcohol again , or going back on his vitamins and fertility herbs. I don't have any sympathy for him... he only has to do it for 3-4m until he's given his 'deposit'. Us girls have to keep it going indefinitely!

EO- so happy to hear your lil embie thawed so nicely and started expanding already . Sounds like a sticky to me! Hope your TWW passes quickly for you, and doesn't mess with your head too much. Your DH grabbing your boobs every 5 min is funny... they'll use any excuse to cop a feel won't they?? A Prada handbag ooh la la! It sure is fun buying stuff you've always wanted, the jeans I picked up on sale were Bettina Liano's Curvy Fit and I LOVE them!

Starf1sh- wow, scan day tomorrow! You must be so nervous & excited, hell I'm nervous & excited for you . Sending my very best wishes to you and a truckload of babydust

Quartz- thinking of you .

Nat- any BT or U/S yet? Hope your ovaries are on their best behaviour!

Hi to everyone else

AFM- I've ordered a new batch of herbs from our naturopath (aka poo water ) and they should be ready in 2-3 wks time. Once we start on them, we'll resume our no alcohol, limited caffeine, vitamins and other pre-conception rituals... much to DHs dismay! We were at a beach picnic on Sunday and you should've seen him chugging down beers , you'd think it was the end of the world! I actually ventured into the water and right after I got up to my waist, a rotten bluebottle got me, owwww! The stinger went across my stomach, down the front of my thigh and around to my right butt cheek. It felt like an intense heat, like when you burn yourself on the iron, and I came out in an angry red rash. Luckily it only hurt for a few hours and by the evening the rash had all but gone.

How shocking are the QLD floods? We are so lucky we came home when we did. The Bruce Hwy at Gympie is totally underwater, and we drove straight through there! My MIL & FIL are still OK at Maryborough, they are very lucky indeed that they live on higher ground. I really feel bad for all those people who've lost everything , so upsetting. Last year it was VIC bushfires, now QLD floods... I shudder to think what may be next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    I’m a newbie to this forum. I’ve been lurking around for the past week or so, and this is my first post. I’m here because I’m from Sydney - with IVFA Greenwich, and must say I find the whole process really easy with the staff there. My FS is really nice too.
    I’m 41 and DH is 37 (vasectomy in 01 and then a reversal in March 08 – not successful , 2 kids from previous marriage 11yo DD and 15yo DS).
    I’m about to start on ICSI # 4. Our first ICSI gave us 3 embies, after my 1st full stim cycle we got a BFN. I managed a BPF with our first FET (2nd) in June 2009 which ended in mc at 10.5 weeks. We had our last (3rd) FET in March last year which resulted in a BFN. Have taken a big break as I didn’t cope with all the hormones/mood swings, weight gain and acne (spent a fortune on fraxel to get my skin back to normal).
    Having said all of that I have a great feeling for 2011 so we will start again this month when I get my AF (due around the 20 Jan) for a full stim cycle so the jabbing will begin. I’m doing an ‘antagonist’ cycle.
    I’m also having acu 2 days a week and I’m on ChinaMed (Fertility Support 2) although I’ve been told by my needle man I need to stop taking this when I start jabbing. I have thin endo so was told by my FS to start acu which I did then got my BFP so I do believe it works.
    I’m really looking forward to getting started just waiting for AF - for once in my life I just wish it would hurry up.
    So here’s to getting to know all of you lovely ladies, I know I’m keeping some awesome company in this thread. I look forward to sharing my journey with you all and hopefully giving out some advice and plenty of support to everyone here.
    Bee x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starf1sh,
    To be honest I just quit smoking yesterday officially!

I am currently taking Metformin, and have been on it for about 3 months now. Still trying to lower the insulance resistance. Last check it was at 15. So a way to go.
    I'm seeing my GP this week so might get a check to see how thats progressing.

I faxed through my referral to RPAHFU last week but haven't heard back about an appointment yet.
    To be honest, I have had so many set backs in the last 3 years, I can't get overly excited or jump into vitamins etc that readily. I have been disappointed so often.

Crossing fingers nothing will stop me this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LindyLou78,

I don't mind you asking at all.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008 after a m/c in 2005. My newish DH also had a vasectomy about 9 years ago, as his late wife didn't want children.

So unfortunately we have no other way to conceive. Not very romantic, but we still love to pretend and get lots of practice. LOL

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi eternal optimist,
    I'm actually doing ok... So far!
    This is our first FET, and having a natural one seems very straight forward. Monday is my first bt, to see whereabouts I am on the cycle roundabout And looks as though we will have a ET around the 25th sometime. We only have one frostie left so I won't be looking forward to another stim cycle if it's a bfn.
    Great to hear ur ET went well I don't know how I will handle the dreaded 2ww again, I never did a HPT last time and AF showed up one day before my BT!! I don't think I will be able to help myself this time round. Are u considering a HPT??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks EternalOptimist and Lindylou for your

Lindylou, nervous doesn't even come near it, I am competely terrified but trying to stay calm. I had a further bt yesterday and my P4 has continued to climb nicely but hcg had not doubled, so I'm a little worried

Bluebottles are the worst! Nasty creatures. I saw there is a current warning about them on Sydney beaches. I once got stung on the face by one, Ouch! Good luck with your prep for your next cycle, sounds like you are pulling out all the stops!

EO, Congrats on being PUPO!! Rest up and let your body do it's thing!

Beebeedee, Welcome I am a massive fan of acu as are quite a few of the gals on this thread. for your upcoming cycle.

Lots of people starting to cycle again, all the best to you also 25andhopeful, Nat, MrsDaisy and anyone else I've missed

Quartz, hope you are doing ok?
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 12-01-2011 at 08:29.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Beebeedee  (14-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks starf1sh u too
    X

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou: yeah not sure if I will ever get the Prada handbag they are so much money and I think if push come to shove I couldn’t justify that amount of money – I would always be thinking “that could be a frozen cycle” with that kind of money. Nicely done with the jeans, I only buy designer stuff on sale, I bet they are so nice to wear. Love the “poo water”, my DH is exactly the same he drank so much prior to NYE cause I had told him he had to stop from 1st jan in case we need to do another biopsy as it takes three months for sperm to be made. He was crazy on NYE, soooo drunk. Sucks about the bluebottle – they hurt so much. Do you have to pull its strings off your skin? Ouch

Beebeedee: All the best for your cycle – I am a massive advocate of acu, I love it. I don’t take any herbs when jabbing, I know the clinics don’t really like it as they don’t know how it will rwact with the meds, but great idea to do it beforehand .

MrsDaisyP: I have everything crossed for you that you can get your appointment sooner rather than later and get everything moving along nicely for you. We too have to do IVF as DH is missing the tube that connects his swimmers to the outside word, its exactly the same as having a vasectormy but nature gave him one when he was born if that makes sense .

25andhopeful: Yay the 25th isn’t too far off for a transfer, it will be here before you know it. We only have one friostie left now as well and it does make me nervous that if it doesn’t thaw properly, but like my FS says they don’t freeze them if they don’t think they have a good chance of surviving the thaw and implanting. I didn’t have a hard time when I did my stim cycle so the thought of having to do it again doesn’t worry me too much. Did you have a bad experience with your stim cycle? The TWW officially SUCKS. I am not doing to POAS at all, I have seen so many heartbreaking stories on here where ladies do the HPT only to then find out at their BT that it’s a chemical pregnancy. I think I would handle it a lot better if I am just told then news that way it’s definite .

Starfish: All the best for your scan today honey – can’t wait to hear the news

Hi to all the other ladies in Sydney

AFM: 3 days past my 5 day transfer and I am officially going crazy. I still have 8 days till my BT and its draggggging. I hate the TWW soo much. I was a little naughty and took Mon & Tues off after the ET to lay on the couch and watch DVD’s, I know the FS says they can’t fall out and go back to normal duties but I just feel better in myself that I do nothing at all but veg. Yesterday I had slight pressure most of the day, hoping that’s because it was implantation but who knows, nothing today though – I think sometimes the things I feel are my head telling my body what to do and its not real. Only way to tell is another 8 days away
    Last edited by EternalOptimist; 12-01-2011 at 11:13.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

Beebeedee  (14-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Ladies,

Bee- welcome to our thread and BH! Very sorry to hear of your m/c and trouble with side effects from the drugs . I hope your second stim cycle is much easier on you and brings you a sticky BFP!

MrsDaisyP- sorry to hear of your m/c too . What a shame your new man had the snip before he could have any children. Fortunately, we have the technology to work around it! I hope your IVF journey will be short & sweet.

25andhopeful- Natural FET is a breeze! Its great not having to worry about needles and pessaries.

Starf1sh- hope all went well at your scan today! Please don’t keep us in suspense too long! Oh you poor thing, getting stung in the face. Now that would hurt!! The prep is pretty tough at times, but I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t do everything possible to make the healthiest eggs I can. Failed cycles are bad enough when you feel you HAVE done everything right!

EO- I couldn’t justify the big bucks on a handbag either! I’m usually a Big W and Kmart girl, so even to buy the jeans was out of character for me. I couldn’t resist though, 2 pairs for $250 really was a great price . I was too scared to touch the bluebottle, I ran to the lifeguard tent and a girl pulled it off for me. Your DH sounds like he got a few under his belt before the big detox, hope he’s surviving the alcohol drought so far. Good on you for veging out after the FET! I’ll be doing the same next EPU & ET and have a whole week off. Its the worst when you start manufacturing symptoms in your TWW. I wish I could give some advice, but as yet, I cannot find a way to stop it. All we can do is suffer and plod along with our days. this is the perfect icon!!

Hi to PinkButterfly, Nat, Quartz and everyone else.

AFM- nothing new since yesterday... just trying to kick my brain out of holiday mode and get some work done. Not winning at the moment!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Beebeedee  (14-01-2011)