Closed Thread
Page 57 of 151 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Girls
    Hope everyone is well. My DP and DD were quite sick with that horrible flu that is going around, all weekend. DD has been in my bed everynight this week and although I love cuddling her I don't like being kicked hard in the head in the middle of the night!!!! I have little bruise under my eye where she kicked me!!!
    LindyLou: Great news about your 3 embies. Good luck for ET on Thursday. My clinic put one back in on day 2, I wanted them to wait out about longer to make sure it was a good embie but they said no as it might not make it to day 5. I am not with SIVF (which I have heard is excellent - one of my best friends was with them and got BFP first try after TTC for two years!!!). I hope this one sticks for you
    nat84u: I am so sorry to hear about your M/C's, it must be sooooo hard to cope with the BFP and then M/C. I don't really understand why FS won't try other things especially with what is happening to you. Fingers crossed this one works
    EO: I did a down reg this cycle but with syneral. I think different FS just prefer different drugs but I think they do the same thing. I didn't go on the pill either. Good luck I hope you get lots of nice eggies but no OHSS
    TTHC: I hope AF is nearly on her way out. It is horrible when you bleed that much I fingd a hot water bottle really helps. Are you going to have a break next cycle??
    Felicia: Wow on the pumpkins. We ahve been wanting to put a veggie patch in our garden but our fence fell down and it took strata 6 weeks to get it fixed and now I think it is too cold to start growing. I loove pumkin soup (with some fresh ginger). Pumpkin scones, pumkin pie, roast pumpkin yum yum yum
    Traveler: Good luck with your transfer, how exciting - how many are you putting back?? Good luck with the detox. I have often thought I should do that but I just love chai lattes too much to go sugar and diary free.
    Hi to all the other Sydney girls hope you are all well.
    AFM: So I am 6dp2dt so totally in limbo land too early to POAS but thinking about it a lot. I kind of feel pregnant but of course that is the progesterone pessaries (sore full boobs, cramps, bloated etc). I had a progesterone test at the clinic yesterday and my result was 128 which the nurse said "That is excellent for this time in the cycle" I don't know I have never had that test before, I just know to sustain a pregnancy you need to be above 30 (but I am doing pessaries twice a day so it should be high). So I am really going to try to hold out till Sunday morning to POAS that will be 11dp2dt (with my DD I got a BFP on 12po but this time I just don't want to test too early and mess with my head!!!).
    Have a great day everyone xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loulabelle - well it all sounds great so far! Fingers crossed xx

Well all systems go for me. I'm to take 3 x estrodial tablets till fri, then start 5 x a day from Sat. My BT and scan is on Monday which will be day 10. Then after that they'll know when transfer day is. I wish I could use prednisone as well, but my FS said it has too many side effects to risk using it yet. I have a feeling I need it tho... But we'll see I guess. So the countdown till the scab is on!

Hope everyone else is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loulabelle, re: growing veg in Sydney in winter. The way I think of it, our winters are nearly the same as English summers - with only a little bit of exaggeration needed to make it true. So most veg traditionally grown in England should grow OKish over winter here. Just need to avoid frost, because that's definitely winter weather. We have a bigger problem (in summer) of too much sun than we have (in winter) of too cold. Since I live 60-70 km from the coast we get higher summer temps and lower winter temps than Sydney city.

EternalOptimist - my first cycle, IVF#0, was a down reg cycle and I wasn't put on the pill for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat- so awesome that you're finally making progress after what seemed an eternity waiting for AF . Sorry she is being so nasty, I've never heard of such heavy flow ... hopefully has subsided by now. What a darl your DF is, looking after you like that. I don't know if there'd be any benefit taking aspirin on top of the clexane when they're both blood thinners? Kinda seems like adding a bucket of salt to the ocean , but I could be totally off-base there. You WILL get UTD again and with clexane on board, there's no reason the next bubba won't be a sticky!

Traveler- the frequency of the BTs is unbelievable, sometimes I wonder if they'll leave any blood for us! Yay for a FET date and good luck with the detox. I'm adding pumpkin risotto to the list of things I'm gonna eat when I can have grains again, yummo! I'm with you & EO on staying out of the monthly IVF threads, I just don't have the time or energy to keep up with them and I hate ending up on the hugs list. Hanging out in here is perfect, its like my little haven .

EO- I am loving the pessary-free LP and definitely a bonus that the temptation to POAS will be out of the equation. You must have a high pain threshold to handle the EPU under local so well! I couldn't wait for it to be over, but yes I did like watching them find my eggs and tell me the count as they went. My last cycle I was on 150 Gonal F and this time it was 175. I think rather than give me more eggs, the higher dose just made the responsive ones go nuts & we lost a couple of the bigger ones while waiting for the smaller ones to grow. From what I've read, I'd much rather lucrin than synarel if I was doing LDR. Maybe you need a higher FSH dose after suppression and thats why your Gonal was upped to 150? I'm sure your FS knows what he's doing . I'm so excited for you, and I have a good feeling about your cycle !

TTHC- I was still a little sore yesterday, but totally fine today. Its nice to be able to walk at full pace again! The sunny winter days have been nice, and yay for one third of winter over . Glad you're starting to feel better after your nasty AF, and hope the chem pg hasn't messed up your hormones for this new cycle . Good luck with the acu too!

Loulabelle- ouch at the head kick from DD! Hope her and your DP are better soon, and glad they haven't passed it to you. SIVF and my old clinic both do blast transfer as standard, I've never had an earlier embie put back. Still, there's good logic in that Mum is a better incubator than the lab so hopefully your embie is at the implantation stage now . I hate that part of the TWW when the 'high' from just getting to ET has passed and its too soon to POAS . Hang in there hun, and stay away from the HPTs!!

Felicita- lots of yummy suggestions for pumpkin recipes , hope thats given you some inspiration!

PinkB & Lola- Hope our UTD girls are going great! Do you have scans booked in?

Starfish- hope your current employers are being nice to you while you serve out your last days, and keep enjoying those vinos!

Hi to Quartz, MrsDaisy (if you're still reading!) & the other Sydney gals

AFM- Had such an unproductive day yesterday... wondering whether our embies were still going and fearing the worst that they've died. I was put out of my misery on my way to work this morning, I so love our nurses and their prompt calls when they have updates for us! Luckily our embies are still alive and all 3 have developed into 9 cell, grade 1 embies at 3 days . Oh the relief!! So we're in good shape to have a blastie transferred on Thurs . After the ordinary stim & fert results, I am now getting REALLY excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    MrsDaisyP
    Starf1sh
    Bella978
    Kelbelle
    Quartz
    Lifeonhold
    25andhopeful
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Crofty

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

Lindylou- EPU 25/6, ET 30/6
    Traveler- FET- 4/7
    Nat84u- medicated FET- waiting to O
    The Time Has Come- FET- waiting to O
    EternalOptimist- ICSI- Lucrin from 13/7
    Felicita- ICSI- waiting for AF

TWW

Loulabelle

UTD

PinkButterfly- HCG 282
    Lola77 -HCG 129

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

Just bringing over the roll call... OMG I'm going to be next into the TWW

Quartz- are you planning FET in July? I wasn't quite sure so I left you in the waiting list.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow looks like so many of us in our thread are cycling at the moment – i think it’s the busiest it’s been for a long time. Heres to lots of BFP’s for all of us

Lindylou: I had a similar thing with my first two cycles even though they dropped the dose to try and fix it, my ovaries go nuts and i end up with a heap of eggs but all varying quality and stages etc by day three. I am so excited for you for this cycle hon, I really have a good feeling about this for you. Did you stop all your Sharkeys stuff before starting the meds? I have to stop the herbs etc and because i am taking the double dose of Usana i thought i might cut back to just the two tablets of each once a day once i start the injections. Are you going to take any time off for your Transfer or just duck out of work and go straight back again? I don't think i have a high pain threshold, my FN have told me they think my FS is just really super gentle with all of his proceedures.

Felicita: Thanks for that info hon, i thought my FS had forgotten to tell me to take the pill but given there are so many others who don’t use it before i feel much better now. So when do you start your injections again?

Nat: Wow it sure is all systems go for you. I tried to get my FS to give me prednisone before i had been tested for NK cells and he refused as well said there were too many risks for him to give me something i may not have. I think the Clexane is just the recipe you need to have a sticky bub with this transfer .

Loulabelle: Thanks for the info hon, i am just hoping i don’t get OHSS, my body goes nuts when i do a stim cycle even with such a low dose i only ever stim for 6-7 days, i will be making sure i drink lots of water and plenty of protein for this cycle. Your progesterone sounds awesome, that’s very high, when I was on 2 a day on my BFN it never got above 50! I think its very promising its that high, the body starts producing a lot of progesterone once it senses that their is HCG in the system. I know that there are plenty of websites that say not to use progesterone as a pg indicator but i think there is a pretty strong correlation . Hang in there hon, not long to go until you can POAS.

Traveler: Woow hoo for getting your Transfer day, you must be so excited. I totally understand about the pressures of a FET, I found them to be VERY stressful and no matter what i did i was always anxious. For me i think it was to do with thinking that my body wasn’t going to do what it was supposed to do without going through a fresh cycle. Hope the detox goes well, i have been doing something similar for around 8 weeks, we do have the odd glass of RED wine every now and again (although we are down to NO alcohol now until after this cycle) and also a few pieces of dark chocolate, our naturopath said they are high antioxidants and won’t hurt to have a spurge when we want to.

The time has come: So sorry hon, i totally confused you with loulabelle. Hope the acu helps, all there info on there website is so helpful, have a good read over it all if you get a chance. I found my AF after my chemical was heavy as well, glad to hear its settled down now for you. When do you start your BT for the FET? Do you take anything for your FET or just start pessaries after transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- I'll either work from home on ET day, or if its an arvo ET, I'll go to the office in the morning, then take a half day off. Ducking out is a 2hr round trip on public transport (Parra to Liverpool), so its not worth doing. I did stop taking the liquid herbs from Sharkeys the day before I started jabbing, but I kept taking my vitamins & supplements. This cycle was my first time having such irregular follie sizes, so you must be really fed up with twice in a row. Lets hope the new protocol fixes that and gives you consistent growth & exceptional quality!

It is great to see so much action in our thread, and now our BFP drought is broken, lets hope it swings the other way and we get a nice big flood!

I couldn't resist and plugged my EPU date into one of those due date calculators. If I get a BFP, our baby will be due on St Patricks Day! So we'll be celebrating with all the drunk Irish ex-pats

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO – Glad you are off on your cycle. I have heard such bad things(side effects, nasal irritations & the taste) about synarel that i just refused to use it on my cycles – the nurses never seemed fussed either way – i think lucrin is more expensive. The control freak in me preferred the accuracy of the injection rather than hoping it absorbed the other way!!! Also I get sinus issues and didn’t want to set those off! I think they use the pill for those with high FSH to quiet down the ovaries and also when a cycle needs to be carefully timed ie. PGD or clinic batching. I never used the pill in my down reg cycle. I hope this change in protocol does the trick for you. Thanks for your re-assuring words. I have had some nausea and wretching but wondering if its the prednisone making me so hungry i feel sick? Hmmm hard to stay sane and not get hopes up too much!!

Lindylou – Wow 3 embryos on fire – high achievers at 9 cells on day 3 – all looking v.good! Roll on Thursday - may the luck of irish be with you for a St patricks day bubba!!!! Yes i have a few symptoms but maybe its because my prog. was so high??? – trying to stay sane and not read too much into it.

Loulabelle – great prog results!!! All looking good, hope the time passes quickly til you can POAS!

Nat – wow your cycle will happen fast now. Its natural to have those doubts before starting each cycle. I am hoping all will be different for you on the clexane.

Starfish – as always big hello’s!

TTHC – hope ur doing well – yes the sun was so lovely on the weekend!

Traveler – wow Monday will come around soon. I understand the pressure you feel, it just adds to the joy of the TWW really.

Lola - hope ur doing well

Hi to everyone else too

AFM – my FS is on hols from today so had the option of a scan today (6w1day) or Friday week (7w4days) so took the later as i don’t want any uncertainty and thought today might be too early - feels a long way away now though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!

Just popping in briefly.

Congrats to those who I have read have got BFP's. I hope you can enjoy your pregnancies and have save deliveries and healthy bubs.

My heart goes out to everyone who is still struggling. Sending to you all.

AFM: Reno's have started on the house. Painting at this stage, as we did not get appoval to do any structural work. Having said that, DH has been up only twice, as he works approx 100 hrs a week. I'm heading up again today I think. It really takes it out of you.
    I saw my Endocrinologist and my TSH is 1.29. So I have the official go ahead to start. But I am going to wait until the new kitchen is in, by end of August. That way I will feel at ease.

Still reading all of your posts, and thinking of you all.

Daisy

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsDaisyP: Congrats on getting the go ahead hon, that’s a lot quicker than you had expected. I bet your super excited about it. Great idea to wait for the kitchen to be in, there would be nothing worse than renovating at the same time as a cycle .

PinkB: I am really starting to like the sound of Lucrin over Synarel, i am a control freak as well and would always be wondering if enough of the spray stayed up there or went in etc. Thanks for the info about the pill hon, one less thing to worry about. When i had my BFP last year i had to eat every few hours even if i didn’t feel like it cause i would get so nauseas and end up chucking up. I constantly carried around packets of sultanas and vegemite or arrowroot biscuits just in case. Oh hon i am so happy you got your BFP and its all going so well .

Lindylou: Awesome news about your embies hon, sounds like you will have a transfer and two snow bubs from this cycle. Quality over quantity is definitely going to prevail in this cycle. Oh a St Pats day baby would be so cool, what better way to wet the babies head than a day like that. Its always so hard not to look at the due date when cycling, i am even trying to calculate my month now and i haven’t even started jabbing. The way my cycle is heading i will start jabbing and have EPU about a week earlier than my very first IVF cycle last year. All the best for your ET tomorrow, then sit back and relax and let your little super trooper burrow in for the next 8 months .

AFM: AF is over already (3 days this time ), i seem to have had a really short light AF this time. Got all my cycle stuff in the mail today, including my script for Lucrin which i have to get before 13th. Woo hoo it’s getting so much closer .