Closed Thread
Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, just a quick one to say my EPU is all done and we ended up with 6 eggs. Now to wait for the call tomorrow with fert results...

Oh and Nat, hooray for AF!!

Sent from my X10i using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - Wohoo!!!! I am glad she finally showed!

Lindy - Great number, will keep my fingers crossed they all fertilize and you get a few frosties

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou – great to hear EPU went well. I am sending good vibes for plenty of romance in the lab tonight and great fertilisation news tomorrow! Rest up! Did you find out your NK results??. Was probably good you had the lap done if endo was extensive – they say it improves pregnancy chances for 6 months or so.

Nat woohoo for AF

Felicita – great you can start in July and without the angry pills too – bonus! As for pumpkins – soup, pumpkin and feta risotto or on pizza!

TTHC – Sorry to hear it was a chemical for you this month. I use the same accupuncture clinic as EO before and after transfer if i can – only managed it after transfer last time as transfer was pretty early. They are open 7 days i think and are really good at accommodating transfer times. No more BT’s for me, just waiting nervously for the scan now!

EO – Welcome back Glad you and DH had a great break J No it hasn’t sunk in – although petrified to get to hopeful as I still reckon i have PTSD from my last miscarriage and the trauma of that awful 7 week scan – i think you have been there too from memory. Glad you can kick off again soon.

Loulabelle – glad you transfer went well and you are PUPO with a lovely embryo. Don’t worry about the vibration – I went to a kids concert on the day of my transfer and then caught the ferry home and sat over the motor and the seat was vibrating so much i stood up all the way home & still got a BFP – maybe it helped?!

Traveler – glad you got the go ahead to use the meds. Fingers crossed for this cycle

Lola – hope ur doing well

Starfish -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou, cheering for your 6 eggies and crossing my fingers for a REALLY great fert rate Hope you are feeling ok post EPU and your golden egg (or better still your whole family) is in there!

EO, glad to hear you had a great holiday and hope it has put you in a great frame of mind for your cycle! I must confess I have fallen completely off the wagon since my last cycle and have been enjoying a wine at dinner most weekends and even a cocktail here and there and it has done me wonders!

Nat, glad to hear AF finally arrived. Phew! The one and ony time my AF went AWOL was after a lap....after waiting something like 56 days we ended up going ahead with the cycle as all hormones were at baseline. All the best for your FET

Felicita, what a green thumb! I love pumpkin! We have a small greenhouse on our balcony and have been growing herbs for a while. Have had varying degrees of success growing tomatoes and celery this year though.

Traveler, sending you lots of sticky vibes for your FET. Hope this is the one!

Quartz, how are you doing honey?

PinkB, sending more belly rubs and some till your scan next week.

Lola, belated congrats on your BFP!

Welcome to the newer Sydney ladies, TTHC, Loulabelle

A big and apologies for those I've missed, have only had time to read back a couple of pages so far.

AFM, Sorry I have been AWOL, away licking my wounds a bit and I'll be honest I am struggling a little bit here as I feel a bit like the veteran of the group (in age and with so many cycles under my belt) and I am in a pretty different situation to most. That said I have really appreciated some of the great support and connections I have found here

I am uncertain if I will cycle again with my own eggs...TBH don't know if I can trust them after 5 pregnancy losses. SO my sister is considering being an ED for me. She lives interstate but is coming to Sydney next month with her DH and DS to do the counselling process and medical appts. My BIL has some reservations understandably but I am hoping that we can address those through the counselling and lots of discussions over a few vinos while they are here, however if they decide not to go ahead I will always be indebted to them for even considering it. The big bonus is I will have a whole week with my gorgeous nephew!

Must run on our way out for lunch on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon. Have a great day ALL

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB- thanks for the good vibes, need as many as we can get! I have been told of the post-lap fertility spike, so really hoping I'm one of the lucky ones in that group. Hope your little bubba(s) are thriving in there! Any preggy symptoms yet?

Quartz- thanks darl. I was initially a bit deflated because I'd hoped to match or better the results from our 1st stim, but I'm pretty happy with what we got. Especially when I think of the girls who go to EPU for just 1 or 2 eggs.

Felicita- Definitely going to busy in here in July! Yay for cycling without pred (lol at angry pills!) and hopefully its the last you'll need for a loooong time. Since Nat just got her AF, I hope that doesn't mean yours will be late! Regarding pumpkin recipes, I love to use it in soups- plain pumpkin soup or pumpkin, leek & bacon are my faves. Also you can dice it, bake and then use in frittata or quiche. Good old mash with half potato/half pumpkin is yummy too. What a bonus they grew spontaneously!!

TTHC- If you're keen on acupuncture, then the most effective according to published research is pre & post ET. The relevant study also showed that improved success rates were only seen when there was <1hr travel time from your fertility clinic to your acu clinic. Of course, there are loads of advocates for acu during the whole cycle. It certainly won't hurt to try! If nothing else, the relaxation you feel is blissful.

EO- My first EPU with SIVF was also my first one being awake . The light sedative was nice, gave me a little buzz and I didn't even feel the local being done. The EPU itself though was quite uncomfortable with lots of dull pain, I squeezed DH's hand so hard the whole time he still had imprints from my fingers 2 hrs later! I just took deep breaths, stared at the monitor where the scientist was viewing my eggs and told myself this must be nothing compared to labour. Any day now and you'll be starting your cycle! Do you have to go on the pill first or will you start immediately on lucrin/synarel? Hope the long down reg makes all the difference for you this time .

Nat- I've never seen anyone so happy to get AF before! Do you have to take meds to make you O aswell?

Loulabelle- Hope the TWW is being kind to you

Starf1sh- Thanks for the cheers! You don't need to apologise for taking some time out . It totally sucks that time after time you are left behind, still cycling & still TTC, while others have moved on ahead of you. Even though I'm only into my 2nd stim/4th cycle, I feel somewhat bummed out when people starting IVF after me are getting their BFPs before I do... its bad enough when it happens with natural TTC . Its wonderful that your sis is giving ED some thought and will come to Syd for the counselling sessions. Have you ever read Lilypily's ED thread & preg diary? Her sis was a donor for her and now she has a baby boy . I hope there's a happy ending just like that in your near future!

Hi to Traveler, Kelbelle & Lola

AFM- Fert results are in and we have 3 embies. We weren't jumping for joy at the news, since last cycle we had 100% fert, but I guess 3 embies is still 3 chances and all it takes is one . I just hope we have a nice blastie still going for ET on Thurs .

My NK cell biopsy came back negative, so that was a relief. The only LP support I'm having will be pregnyl boosters. Never had that before, it was always pessaries in the past. So there won't be any POAS for me... which is a good thing because I've always caved and always got the head-screwing that goes with it!

Will be heading back to the couch soon to continue recuperating. Still sore from EPU, so it will be a lazy Sunday arvo for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - yeah I'll be on a medicated FET. So 3 estrodial tablets a day for me. Plus all the other junk I'm on. I think I have a BT and scan on Day 10 which will be Monday next week.

Well AF has certainly been making up for lost time. Been in alot of pain, and TMI but I've been changing my super tampon every 1/2 hour! I slept on a towel last night and was up every couple of hours bleeding everywhere. DF has been so great, gets up to get my naprogesic, and made me stay in bed all day today. Made me breakfast in bed and all. I just got up and had a shower and I feel a little better. Doesn't help that this flu is hanging around... Called my clinic yeste and left a message that it was Day 1 yesterday. So I'll call them and tell them again tomorrow. I have SO many reservations with this cycle. I get pregnant every transfer nearly but I just can't keep them. I'll be on Clexane this time, but I've got a funny feeling I'll need prednisone as well. Tho my FS did say that the Clexane has an immune suppressant in it as well. I hope he's right. I'm tempted to take aspirin as well... But my FS doesn't "believe in" aspirin therapy. That's why I'll be changing FS if I miscarry again. Really starting to think I'll never have another child. And that's not a great mind set to have just before a cycle, but oh well. I guess ivf does that to you.

Hope you are all well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

On my phone but had to pop in and say yay lindy on 3 super dooper future babies!!!!

Will do propped personals later.

Have had 4 bt's in the last 5 days and yet to ovulate so back again tomorrow...my poor arms

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler: I must admit that’s the one thing I hate about the FET is all the BT’s. I ended up with a collapsed vein on my second FET from all the BT’s. I still don’t think my poor arm has recovered from all the prodding. Hope its not too much longer till you ovulate and then its just the final BT to confirm your BFP .

Nat: Wow sounds like AF is surely making up for her absence last month . Although from memory your lining has always been really thick so it’s a bit of a double hit for you. Hope its easing off now for you hon. I paid $385 for my NK biopsy, I thought that was a lot of money as well especially since its not covered by Medicare or Private Health Insurance.

Lindylou: Awesome news about your three little embies. Its quality not quantity and from all the prep you have done I believe you have three super trooper embies waiting for you at the lab hon . I am a big fan of Pregnyl as it totally stops me from wanting to POAS plus you don’t get any of the yuckiness downstairs that goes along with the pessaries or crinone. How much of GonalF where you on this time compared to your first cycle? I have never been under GA for a EPU before so have always thought it was normal to be sedated. I love that total drunk feel when the sedation first goes in, I am really lucky as both my EPU have been really good. Not sure if its just I have easy ovaries to access of if its my gentle FS. I quite like how the embryologist counts them as the FS is doing the procedure. Hoep your taking it nice and easy and getting ready for your ET on Thursday. I have a very good feeling about this one after your endo was removed – I have seen some amazing stories on here of ladies who have had the same thing and got their BFP on the first cycle after.

Starfish: Yep my benders I had after failed cycles were so much fun, although the day after the night out I regretted it as I usually had a huge hangover. So glad to hear you have been enjoying some IVF free cocktails. Whilst I don’t know what you’re going though I can see where you coming from about being the veteran. I feel the same way about the monthly threads – I don’t join them as they are so full of newbies and a lot seem to get their BFP first try with very little prep and I try absolutely everything and it still doesn’t work, it becomes very hard to see. I would really like it if you stayed in here hon, you are a real inspiration and have such strength for everything you have been through. I truly hope your sister is able to help you with her eggies, please say in touch and let us know how your going .

PinkB: I totally understand your hesitations about it all. My DH has already told me when we get our BFP he won’t be coming to the 7 week US as its too hard from what happened last time– I told him if I have to go through it then so does he. But I know when the time comes I will be an absolute mess. Hon your numbers are fantastic, and the super high progesterone is a very good sign of how well everything is going . I can’t wait to hear the good news. How are you feeling – any MS yet?

Qartz: Hi hon, hope your going well. I had my biopsy done at the clinic and they monitored my with BT to check when I ovulated as it needs to be at a specific day after ovulation. Its totally easy and painless, I was so worried about it but its totally fine.

The time has come: How are you going in the dreaded TWW hon?

Hi Felicita, Lola and any other ladies I have missed .

AFM: AF arrived on Saturday so I have a BT on 13th June and start Lucrin for the down reg. As I haven’t done a down reg before I have a few Q if any of you ladies can help out: I am wondering why I am on Lucrin when so many other ladies eem to have Synarel, I don’t have to take the pill – not sure why, I am assuming its cause my cycles are regular and ovulate on my own, My FS has increased my FSH to 150 this time, I was on 112 last stim cycle and 125 my first stim cycle where I ended up with mild OHSS so hoping its not too much. I am really excited about doing another cycle .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening Ladies!

Felicita-YUM pumpkins! I used to make pumpkin mash, pumpkin soup, when I had lots, but my absolute fav is pumpkin scones!!! Mmmmm.. scones...

EO-thanks so much for the link, I will contact them tomorrow! I'm not in the TWW just yet, I just had a BFN (chem preg) last cycle (June), and am now CD6, so just waiting for some BT's so that we can do our next FET. Sorry I can't help you with your questions, it's been almost 2 years since I did my fresh cycle, and I don't even remember what I was on back then but sending you lots & lots of , and I pray for a BFP!

Nat-Congrats on AF!! haha (sounds a little silly doesn't it!!) Looks like our FET's will be around the same time!

Lindy-Hope you're feeling better after the EPU, sending to your little embies, be good for mamma ! you might even have some to freeze after Thursday!

Pink B-Thanks hun, I will definitely be giving acupuncture a go this next cycle! When is your scan? Can't wait to hear the news about a beautiful little heartbeat!

Starfish-What a beautiful thing for your sister to even consider, I always said if my sisters needed them, I would give up my eggs in a heartbeat. I pray that everything works out no matter what route you decide to take!

Traveler-I hear ya! My arms are still bruised!! The things we go through!! hope you're feeling better!!!

To everyone else!!!!!

AFM-just plodding along, AF was extremely heavy this time I assume because of the Chem, but feeling a lot better today.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! The weather was just beautiful here in Syd, wasn't it!?

Thanks
    Reviews

Starfish - I'm sorry that you don't feel like you belong here with us. But I really love having you here. I'm so excited that you might be going down the donor path with your sister. What a special sister you have, and you are so brave saying you will understand if she decides not to be your donor. I really hope your week together is great.

EO - My cycles were down reg, but it was two years ago so I'm a little foggy on the details. But I have never used the pill either, and I was on syrnel. I totally get not joining the month threads. I feel like such an outsider in those (especially doing FET's) I really appreciate the support I get from the Sydney girls, and don't know where I would be without you all!!!

Nat - I'm sorry/happy AF is here in full force, seems like it's all systems go for you this cycle. Can you ask to use prednisone as well as clexane, or have you already and been refused?

Quartz - nice to see you back here!!

thetimehascome - so straight back into a FET? hopefully this terrible AF is your last one for a LONG time!!!

Lindylou - hope your three embies are still going strong?

Felicita - How is all the pumpkin eating going? you inspired me to cook some up today. I LOVE pumpkin risotto and pumpkin in my salads at lunch.

AFM - Transfer day is next Monday. So wierd, if it was one day earlier I would have had two transfers in one calandar month, that would have been WAY too much for me to cope with...
    I am feeling so much pressure with my last FET, I just can't shake it, I am doing everything I can, I even started a detox diet today, no carbs, no dairy, but ended the day with a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate (antioxidants!!!!)