Closed Thread
Page 55 of 151 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone.

It looks like this is turning into a July cycle thread, lol. Good luck everyone.

hope the emby burrows in Loulabelle.

I'm just back from the FS and we're good to go in July too. Should start jabbing in the first week of July unless nat84u steals my AF in turn.
    FS reviewed my NK results which it turns out were marginal/good (near but below the cut-off for bad). I inferred previously that they were near the cutoff as when the phone and written results of the tests were coming in they went bad-good-dunno-bad. FS previous recommendation for immunosuppression was based on throwing everything we could at the cycles to try to get the embies over the line, rather than based strictly on the results of my tests. Since embryo quality should (hopefully) be better now he thinks we can give it a miss this time. DH cheered about no more angry pills for this cycle. (Now we're probably going to find out that it's just needing to do more IVF cycles that makes me angry and not the prednisolone after all.)
    Excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney girls!

Sorry for no updates sooner, been a hectic few days and I did write a post on my phone last night, then lost it grrr!

Starf1sh- thanks for coming out of BH hibernation with your positive vibes for me. Everytime I get excited about this cycle, all the old doubts creep in and I can't help but be cynical. So its really great to hear you say you have a good feeling for me!

Nat- oh, so the quick-thinking credits should go to your DP then! Either way, very glad you're not in any danger and didn't have a freak-out whilst PUPO. Funny how things have a way of working out... Thanks for your reassurance about the 22 follies, but I got a bit ahead of myself! (see below).

Traveler- I was exactly like you, having great 4 blastie's transferred and no BFP's, so I insisted on being checked out further because I was sure I had an implantation issue. I too feel that my embies were wasted . I know you have your DS, but before you stim again it might be worth checking if something has developed since he was conceived? I do hope this last frostie is the one and it all becomes irrelevant! Fingers crossed the aspirin & prog makes all the difference for you.

TTHC- sorry to hear it was a chem preg . I'm glad its ended quickly for you though, so you can get straight back in the saddle.

PinkB- AWESOME numbers . So happy for you and can't wait til your scan!

EO- welcome back! Great to hear you had an awesome holiday, with a few bonus days courtesy of the volcano . I could imagine being questioned on the herbs, NZ Customs are super-fussy. I expected the same in the US, but I was never asked once! The time certainly has flown and very exciting you'll be cycling again within weeks.

Loulabelle- Yay for being PUPO with a textbook perfect embie . Fantastic that the other 3 made it to the freezer too! Ooh, now I want to go and see Bridesmaids after my ET, everyone I know who's seen it reckons its awesome.

Hi to Felicita, Lola, Quartz & anyone I've missed

AFM- There was no need to freak about the 22 follies! Turns out that half of them are <6mm and therefore irrelevant. The crop that are actually growing is more like 10-ish, which I'm very pleased with . I've had 2 more BTs and 2 more US, and just got the call that I need to trigger tonight at 9.30pm. EPU will be Sat 9.30am .
    My post-op consult with FS was very quick, he went over the endo results and turns out it was quite substantial. In his opinion, that would definitely play a part in my BFNs. NK biopsy results weren't avail yet, but should be ready by tomorrow and I'll find out at EPU. If its positive, I'll be going on clexane and predisone.

Yay for a jab-free day tomorrow! I've had 5 BTs in the past 11 days and my arms need a rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning & Happy Friday!!

EO-Hope you had a great stress free holiday! My hubby would have also been a little shocked at the customs situation!!! haha Sending you lots of for your cycle!!

Loulabelle-Yay for being PUPO! Don't drive yourself too in the next two weeks!! Hope that cold goes away quick smart!

Traveler-it's great to be starting up again isn't it? Where are you up to with your cycle? Sorry I haven't been able to read back.

Lindylou- for some beautiful eggs on Saturday! Such a relief when you don't need any more needles! I was getting over all the BT's as well... and here I go again! haha

Felicita-Love your DH's comment about angry pills! Are you doing a fresh cycle? this is your lucky last! (until you want more children )

to all the other ladies!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

AFM-First BT scheduled for July 5th, the nerves are starting to kick in again... all the what if's going through my mind...

Just a question, do any of you ladies do acupuncture? Are there any clinics in Syd that you recommend?? I have never done it before, but I guess it's worth a shot, right!? How often do you go around a FET???

Thanks
    Reviews
    re: acupuncture
    There is a correlation (but no proven cause and effect) that shows acupuncture within 24 hours of ET improves IVF success by 60%.
    Acupuncture outside of that window has no correlation with success, but can still help you cope with stress, so it isn't necessarily "wasted".

I can't recommend a practitioner, the one I was trying out before and during stims last cycle doesn't work on weekends and I had a Saturday t'fer - grumble, grumble - and so I am also interested in what others suggest.

And, yes, I'll be doing my 6th stim cycle in July. On the bright side, from all the EPUs and hysteroscopy I think I've reached my PHI excess limit for the year, so it should be cheaper this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and small unrelated-to-IVF personal achievement that I really had nothing to do with, but still proud:
    I just harvested 8 pumpkins from our front yard (japs). I left two on the vine to ripen a bit more.
    They're "feral" plantings. I think birds must have fetched and spread some seeds from the compost.
    Since autumn we've already eaten three and collected 5 more from the backyard, with more to come inside today (japs and qld blue).

I know roast pumpkin is easy and delicious, but does anyone have any other ideas for using pumpkin?

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou: Woo hoo for a jab free day hon. So glad that your cycle is going so well – it’s all this hard planned prep you have done. I can’t wait t hear you results. All the best for EPU tomorrow hon, the SIVF facilities are awesome – you will be very well looked after there. Did you get the results of your NK cell tests yet?

Felicita: Bring on July I say – I hope there are lots of BFP’s coming our way for this thread. I read a study a while ago about cycling during colder seasons giving higher pregnancy results and bizarrely I have noticed a pretty big jump in BFP announcements on BH in the last few weeks. Might be a coincidence but hey I am holding onto hope cause it was winter last year I got my BFP. I love pumpkin, I make lots of stuff with it. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin dip and I roast it and add it to salads as well.

The Time Has Come: I used acu for all 4 of my cycles and I was a huge fan of it, very relaxing although after the last three failed cycles DH has made me agree to not do it as we couldn’t justify the money and our results last cycle were the worst we have ever had so this time we getting regular massages instead to help relieve my stress. Like Felicita mentioned, the research shows done suggest getting it within 24 hours of the ET. There is a really good clinic: http://www.acupunctureivf.com.au/ That both Starfish and I go to that are amazing. Hope the TWW doesn’t drive you too crazy – I hate that time, I go batty every time.

Traveler: Woo hoo on the aspirin and progesterone, I have everything crossed its just what you need to make a difference. I too get sick of them saying “oh your young” it drives me nuts cause I don’t feel young especially since I am the only person in my and DH entire circle of friends that don’t have kids. Looks like we will all be cycling around the same time.

Nat: Any sign of AF yet hon? Not sure if its possible but are you able to get a refund of the fee you paid for the biopsy considering it was done at the wrong time? Awesome that you are already doing the treatment for NK cells anyway, I am very confident of your cycle this time.

PinkB: How are you going Mumma? Has is started to sink in yet?

AFM: have AF pains so she should show up tonight/tomorrow, then will call the clinic to start my long down reg cycle .

Have a great weekend ladies, hope this beautiful (albeit cold) weather continues for us all .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eo- I wouldn't even bother asking for a refund as it was only $80. How much was yours? Today is Day 2 off the Provera, desperately hoping she shows up over the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nat84u View Post
    Eo- I wouldn't even bother asking for a refund as it was only $80. How much was yours? Today is Day 2 off the Provera, desperately hoping she shows up over the weekend!
    Nat - can I just ask, did you get the biopsy done at Dr C rooms or did you have to go into the clinic? I have to get one too but because I don't ovulate regularly I have to take provera for a week then get it then take provera for another week

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just come off Provera cause turns out I didn't ovulate! Hope AF shows up.

Yep I got it done in his room, it was very quick, easy and painless. Bit awkward for me as I have a "retroverted" uterus. But it's about the same sort of thing as an embryo transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF IS HeRE!!!!! Wooohooooo!!

I went to the loo last night... And TMI but I had to... Um... Push a little lol. And then there was a little bit of blood when I wiped! Then I got up early hours this morning and AF is here!! With a vengeance I might add (ouch-but still happy!)

Yay :-D