Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Sorry i haven’t been on in a while, DH doesn’t like me using BH as he thinks its too upsetting at times and reckons i need to remain as positive as possible in this whole process – i can see where he is coming from but on the other hand we have told NO ONE about doing IVF so you ladies are the only ones who have any idea about how hard this journey is.

MrsDaisyP: Hello darl and welcome – which clinic and FS are you going through? All the best for your journey.

Starf1sh: Yay for getting to spend Christmas with your family this year – we do the same thing with DH, alternate the years, although this Christmas we have decided to spend at home by ourselves as my AF has decided to show up 2 weeks late and i am doing a natural FET so need to do lots of BT etc and i really don’t want to miss this month as we have been waiting for 5 months already. Is this going to be your sisters first Christmas with her bub? How exciting, babies always make Christmas that little bit more fun.

PinkButterfly: Hey darl, have you got your BT results back yet? Really hope it gives you a very special Christmas present, i have everything crossed for you.

Lindylou: hey honey, how’s things going for you? Have you already left to go up north for Christmas? Drive Safe there are a few crazy people out there on the roads at this time of the year. Enjoy the much needed time off and relax. We were supposed to do the drive to QLD this year and stop at Coffs as well, but AF showed up a little late so this will be our first ever Christmas in Sydney. I have always wanted to see the NYE Harbour Bridge Fireworks so that should be nice.

Qartz: hey darl, how is everything coming along for you? Do you have to do any more follow up BT, it sucks that we go through so much to get our BFP and then have to worry about so much still afterwards. Hoping you can have a nice relaxing Christmas with your DH.

AFM: i have just got my first period since all of this mess started back in September so looks like i will be due to have a natural frozen transfer at the beginning of January, depending on when i ovulate, looks like it will be around the 18th, 5hit timing really because that’s my first week back at work and i was really hoping to do a cycle while i had all this time off over Christmas, oh well this whole IVF process has been out of my hands from the beginning so i really shouldn’t be that surprised by this.
    Hope everyone else is going well and enjoying the Christmas break , how cold have the last few days been??? Hope its a hot one for Christmas day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I haven't been on in a while I am holiday down in VIC at my mums and have been trying to relax!! Had my 7 week scan this morning and could visually see the heartbeat but they weren't able to measure as they said the baby is measuring a week behind. Not great news and now I just have to wait and do another scan in two weeks time and see if anything improves. Will try and stay positive till then!! Hope you all have a lovely Xmas!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi EternalOptimist.

I will be going through RPAH fertility Unit in Camperdown Sydney. I understand that the same doctors which run Sydney IVF run this place, except it's about 1/3rd of the cost.

Thanks so much to everyone that writes tips and talks about even the little details about IVF. I know it's going to be daunting and trying, but I sincerely hope that it will be wonderful and life changing in a good way too.

Have a wonderful Xmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just a quickie on my phone to say greetings from sopping wet SE Qld and Merry Xmas to all! DH & I have been ripstik-ing with our nieces, a few good laughs came of that! Will catch up with proper personals when I can get on a computer. Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Nothing new. Just wanted to wish you all a happy new year!!
    I hope that 2011 will bring you all a lil bub!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me 39 (both tubes removed) Him 41 DD 18
    1st IVF-ICSI Nov 2010 -no frosties
    2nd IVF-ICSI Jan 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Saw that there's a Sydney thread now since I was last in here. I'm on CD3 of a medicated FET cycle with SIVF. We have one embie left so if this cycle fails I'll be looking for a new clinic due to SIVF high $$$ and that we've moved from the city since we started this journey. Will be having my tests done at Bella Vista clinic but my FS is still in the city.

I hope the new year brings new hope and bundles of joy to us all.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone had a great new years, and are prepared for a fabulous 2011. This is going to be the year for US ladies.

Jenna33: Welcome to the thread, i hope this little one left is the one for you. I know what you mean about the high cost of SIVF. While they do claim to be the best, it is still so much money. We have enough for 2 FET and 1 full stim cycle and then we will have to ask our parents for money i think, but i'm hoping it won't come to that.

AFM: I had my first US and BT today – I am on cycle day 12 of a natural FET and they can see a dominant follicle of 12mm which means i should ovulate in another 4 days or so, My lining is also a good 8mm which is awesome cause i was so scared it would be struggling to get above 3mm with all the stuff that we have been through in the last 3 months. Still waiting on the call from the clinic to give me my next step. Once i O’ i wait 5 days and have my blasty transferred. Crap timing, casue this will work out to be my first week back at work, but who said IVF ever had good timing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Years Sydney gals!!
    How did you see in the new year?

I spent it in Melbourne with DH and some of my besties, and have to say the Melb fireworks has nothing on Sydney!!

Quartz, crossing everything that bubby has caught up by the next scan Such a stressful time my heart goes out to you, but great sign they could see the

EO, yes, it was my sister's 1st Xmas with her bub, he is only 3 months old. He was an absolute delight to have around, smiling and gurgling away and happy to be passed to anyone. Awesome to hear your cycle is underway and lining is looking great

Hi Jenna, I remember you from last year and what a tough time you were having Just wanted to wish you with your upcoming cycle
    MrsDaisyP, are you in full prep mode for your cycle? Chugging the vitamins etc?

Hope the start to the year has been good for you PinkButterfly, Lindylou, Catfroggy and everyone else

AFM, I have had a pretty shocking but exciting start to the year. I found out on Dec 30 that I am pregnant (natural BFP!), 5 weeks in fact and I had NO IDEA!! (and have been doing all the wrong things!!) DH and I are absolutely flabbergasted, just cannot believe that after over 2.5 years TTC and 6 IVF transfers we could ever do this on our own.

I did a POAS because I thought I was having a pretty weird AF, lots of spotting but not much bleeding and it came up a very strong immediately. I went straight to the clinic (still carrying my pee stick in my hand) However, bt showed a bittersweet picture, Hcg 1084 but progesterone was only 16! So it could still go either way at this point Clinic put me on prog pessaries straight away, I also had an 'emergency' acu treatment and so far the spotting has stopped Next bt is Jan 4 so hopefully progesterone might start playing the game

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Girls!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Lets hope 2011 will be filled with good news, BFPs and babies for us all!

Quartz- hope your bubba has had a big growth spurt and you’ll get a nice strong HB with your next scan. How agonising the wait must be for you... hope Xmas/NY has been a good distraction.

Starfish- OMG!! I peeked into the over 35 thread to check if PinkB had posted a BT result and lo & behold I saw your totally AWESOME news!
    Huge congrats on your natural BFP!!
    Hope the prog levels pick up to where they should be ASAP. Wow, our first Sydney thread BFP announcement! Stories like that just warm the heart and make you realise you should never give up hope.

PinkB- any news? Really hoping more congrats are in order...

MrsDaisyP- welcome to our thread and hope your mind has stopped spinning with the info overload you’ve no doubt found on here! If you don’t mind my asking, what are the reasons that bring you to the IVF world?

EO- we had a safe trip to/from QLD and got home a few days ago. It was great to see DH’s family and our friends at Coffs, but so nice to be home. Hope you enjoyed your first Xmas in Syd. Did you go into town on NYE? I went with my god-daughter (13) and some friends, DH was sick and stayed home. We were at Dudley Page Reserve, Dover Hts. What a great spot! So exciting that monitoring for your O date has begun, FET not far away now!

Jenna33- Hi there and welcome, nice to have you join us! Congrats on your DD and I hope your upcoming FET brings you a second sticky bub.

25andhopeful, Catfroggy, Charliechops, Nat84u, & Lifeonhold- Hi and hope you’re all having a great start to the new year!

AFM- finally having a breather after our trip to QLD and NY celebrations. I have one more week on leave, and I tell you I really need it just to recover from all the activities of the past 2 weeks. Our nieces kept us so busy with swimming, pool volleyball & basketball, cartwheels (yes I can still do them!), ripstik riding (or trying to anyway!), shopping and other stuff. Had a lovely NYE in Syd, at a park overlooking the harbour. It was a fantastic family-friendly environment and finally saw Syd Harbour fireworks for the first time in real life. Only downer was that DH got sick and couldn’t come with us , but after antibiotics and panadeine forte, he’s much better today. I was hoping to go to my GP next week for referral to a 2nd FS and/or endocrinologist, but they are closed til Jan 15th. Bummer, will have to wait some more...
    Looking forward to sharing IVF success stories in 2011, here’s hoping we all get our turn and finish the year with bubs already here, or at least on the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is well.
    Starfish: OMFG – that is unbelievable, congratulations hon that is awesome news. You must be so happy......Even though we have sever MFI (no sperm can get out at all) each time i was a few days late for my period i was always that little bit optimistic and sure that i was pregnant, only to see Af arrive the following day How did your BT go – i really hope and pray that your numbers are rising nicely like they should be.

Lindylou: sounds like you had an awesome trip away darl, just what you needed. Hope your DH is feeling better now, horrible timing that he couldn’t see the fireworks with you. So have you decided which FS you will see for your second opinion?

Hope all the other Sydney gals are doing well, pitty about this ****ty overcast weather the last few days. Not sure if any of you have noticed – but how quiet are the roads? Its awesome, i travel into the city and it took me 25 mins, it normally takes me an hour and a half.

AFM: I had a blood test yesterday CD15, and it turns out i ovulated yesterday (CD14 – i have NEVER in my life since getting a period at 15 had a 14 day ovulation) so my FET is scheduled for this Sunday. I am a little shocked its all happening so fast now as i was trying to track my ovulation with the LH surge kits and the maybe baby and neither of them showed i ovulated – oh well blood can’t be wrong i guess, i have found those two in the past to be pretty unreliable as there is so much room for error and interpretation. I had acupuncture today as i am really nervous and anxious about the transfer, it helps me so much, hoping i can stay this relaxed now for the next two weeks or so. Looks like my BT will be on 19th January.