Closed Thread
Page 47 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We sent off the paperwork via email choosing our donor this morning. We've got a confirmation email to say it's been received in good order. Have a compulsory IVF counselling session next week to discuss de-identified donor issues and a FS appointment to plan our next cycle the following week. So it's looking quite likely that we will be able to have a go in July without any delay. Ooh, I get excited writing that. It's such a different and wonderful feeling to be heading towards a cycle without expecting any sperm problems.

We didn't get a hard and fast answer on why ICSI only. We did get told that his DNA fragmentation test result is in the normal range so that was good enough for me to accept the ICSI.
    For wishy-washy explanations they half supported my guess that the ICSI is to stretch the donor's samples out to supply four families worth of anticipated cycles (including subsequent siblings), and half said that they simply didn't want to overestimate quality for after the freeze/thaw. I'm aware from my own work freezing single cell suspensions that if you don't have the ideal number of cells to work with then you start loosing a greater percentage of them, scaling quantities up is fine, but scaling them down doesn't work so well - cells like having friends.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita: Ha ha I love reading your posts – cells like having friends . I am sure if you were my teacher in school I would of done a lot better at Science. Hon that’s awesome that its all working out for you and its all coming together nicely for you to start in July . I will probably see you in the July thread, we will start a long down reg cycle mid July. Very interesting about the ICSI, I bet its totally got to do with being able to use more of his swimmers for more families. I suppose with the huge shortage of sperm in NSW it does make sense.

Nat: OMG, that’s so crazy that your AF is so late . Did you get to ask your FS why your AF was so late or if there was a chance you could of O late? Even though my FS tells me my results I still like to get a copy and google them just for my own piece of mind.

Traveler: Ha ha so funny . My FS tells me it’s like jam sandwich and there is no way it can be pushed out but I always get paranoid. I get protective of my embies as well, on our first cycle when we managed to get 2 frosties, DH used to always joke that they were in daycare (the IVF lab). So much effort goes into making them, its only natural we would feel like that towards them. Hope you’re feeling better about it all hon. Focus on the positives – you have an amazing hatching blast making itself comfy in you right now .

PinkB: How are you going hon, you must be so happy being pupo with twinnies. Have you and DH spoke much about what would happen if both stuck? Hope the TWW goes quickly for you hon .

Lindylou: Not long now till your Biopsy hon, woo hoo .

AFM: FS appointment at 3.00pm today – woo hoo can’t wait to talk to him about it all. I have my 20 questions ready to go; I reckon he dreads seeing my name on his patient list for the day of appointments with all the questions I ask him .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I am still here - have been crazy bust at work as it is report time so have been reading and writing loads of reports, also my boss has been away and I have been relieving for her so have hardly had time to hear myself think!!! Have been reading along and keeping up with everyone though!

Pink B- Congrats on being PUPO!!! And with the chance of twinnies, how exciting!

EO - Hope all goes well with your FS appointment today

Traveler - for you! I have never heard of an emby getting stuck before!!! Sending lots of your way.

Nat - What is going on with AF??? Your post made me laugh - especially the trying to push it out comment! Why is it she always shows when we dont want her and doesn't show when we do!

A big to all the other ladies - 4 more weeks of term and I will have more time for personals!

AFM - Am starting to feel a little better now and looking forward to cycling again although I have no idea when. I have a FS appt next Thursday for the results of my genetic testing and then have to get a Biopsy done as well so I guess it will be a while yet. Am heading overseas for a couple of weeks at the beginning of August so will probably be after that I guess so I can enjoy myself while I am there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - are you who I picked jam sammich up from then? I got it from BH somewhere, and told it to the other girl who was having ET the same day I did because she was worried about the emby it falling out or floating away.
    (DH has stopped eating jam sandwiches since I told him.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO how did the appt go with FS? Did you get any answers?

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Hope you’re all keeping warm in this cold snap – Brrr I am freezing.

Lindylou: Good luck for your procedures tomorrow hon . Hope you have the day off to rest at home afterwards. Let us know how you go once your feeling better.

Qartz: Sounds like things are coming along nicely for you darl. Being busy at work is an awesome distraction for us fertility challenged people who are waiting around for tests and cycles to start. Hope you have a fab holiday – where are you off to?

Traveler; Thanks for checking in on me hon. how are you feeling? Hope the TWW isn’t going too slowly for you. My very first transfer was a hatching blast and that’s when we got our BFP . Since then we have only had blastys, none that were expanding or hatching at transfer.

PinkB: How are you going hon? Hope your taking it easy with your two twinnies on board .

Felicita: Ha ha it may have come from me, my clinic mention the jam sandwich to me at EVERY transfer. How are you feeling with everything?

Nat: Any sign of AF hon?

AFM; So I had the follow up with my FS yesterday and all my results came back within the normal ranges for the biopsy and he also checked for any infections etc and it was all clear which is great. (although given my neurotic personality, I have asked for him to email me a copy of them so I can google the results and see just how “normal” he is talking about) I am a little down from it all because we have literally looked into everything and I am apparently 100% fertile and he has told us we just need to find the right egg and sperm and it’s such an artificial process etc. When we very first started IVF I honestly thought that as long as we found sperm with DH that I would fall pg without any worries – oh how wrong was i. I am just hoping that all the changes we have made in the last two months will make the difference on our next cycle. FS did say he still thinks we have a very good chance and apologies for it taking this long .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone....its freezing today!!!

EO - I glad, and also sorry that you are 100% fertile. It means that when you do fall pregnant, which WILL be very soon, you will have NO PROBLEMS carrying the baby to term! And for what it's worth, while I fall into the 'unexplained' category, I think this may be our problem too, getting the right sperm. our eggs and sperm just don't like each other, and from the few that do manage to fertilize and create hatching blasties, they still don't like to stick....but one did, and he is our perfect DS, so yours is coming.

Quartz - being busy is no fun, but I guess it does take your mind off things. where are you going overseas? is it for a lovely IVF free holiday?

nat - any sign of AF yet?

PinkB- how are the twinnies going any signs or symptoms driving you crazy

hi felicity, lindy, starfish and everyone else.

AFM - still staying strong and positive EO you made me a little bit excited when you said your hatching blasti gave you your BFP. All of my FET's have apparently been hatching, but this one I actually saw hatching, so I was 100% convinced that it survived the thaw and came back to life. the others were hatching before they were frozen I think, so who knows if they woke up. And while I know in that back of my mind that it wasn't a very good emby in terms of grading and cell density etc, I'm still holding out hope, if not then I'd go crazy. (If I'm not already)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita- hope that was your last BFN. You seem to have moved on really quickly though, what a trooper you are! GREAT news on choosing your donor and getting the next cycle planned . I laughed when I read your DH stopped eating jam sandwiches

Traveler- congrats on being PUPO and what an awesome survival story of your little embie. Sometimes the ones that get written off are the ones that come out fighting, sounds like a sticky to me!

PinkB- Yay for being PUPO !! I hope your twins liked Yo Gabba Gabba. I've never been to a show at the Opera House, must put that on my bucket list. I decided that since my embies didn't like Metallica, they weren't worthy of being my children anyway . Hope your TWW flies by with your sanity staying intact

Quartz- Good luck with your FS appt and the genetic test results. Hope you manage to get through all your reports in time.

EO- thanks for the well wishes hon. All set to go, my surgery is booked in for 8am. So pleased that your biopsy came back normal . So now you KNOW there's nothing stopping your next embie from sticking. BFP here we come!

Nat- damn AF, where is she?? LOL at going to bed without undies, you really have tried everything! Glad to hear your biopsy results were good too.

Mrs Daisy- good to know you're still playing at home . Those house renos will keep you busy! Its painful going through them, but so awesome when its all done and the place looks a million bucks. The time will pass and you'll be cycling before you know it, I've been waiting 7 months to cycle and now look, only one week left!

Starf1sh- hope you're living it up and enjoying the time-out

AFM- The time has finally come for my lap/hyst/biopsy. Going in early tomorrow morning, tiny bit scared but I know I'm in good hands.

A friend of mine who went through IVF last Sep has just had her baby, a gorgeous little boy! Prior to ET all her embies had arrested and she thought that was the end, but the clinic left them another day and lo & behold- one embie came back from the brink and made it to transfer. Now that embie is a real live bub!

I believe its time for a roll call update... off I go to find it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    EternalOptimist
    MrsDaisyP
    Starf1sh
    Felicita
    Nat84u

Quartz
    Lindylou- ICSI ~Jun 11
    Lifeonhold
    25andhopeful
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Crofty
    Lola77

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

TWW

PinkButterfly
    Traveler

UTD

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always hear about the “jam sandwich” too, wish it was a superglue sandwich!

Felicita – Glad things are moving along for you on the donor front

EO – glad you got the all clear on the tests but also understand the feeling of kinda hoping something turns up that explains the problems. Great your FS says you have a very good chance – they really don’t say these things lightly so that should be re-assuring. So when do you start cycling again.

Traveler – glad ur doing well – my DD was a hatching blast too! Do your clinic do assisted hatching? I have heard some do it routinely.

Lindylou – yes how rude of your embies not to stick around when you took them to a metallica concert! I hope the twins liked Yo gabba gabba too! Good luck for your lap/hst/biopsy and your recovery – rest up – we will be thinking of you!

Quartz – glad you are well. Good luck for your test results, I hope they are informative.

Starfish -

AFM – thanks for all you well wishes. Twins would be a dream come true but highly unlikely due to my egg quality – more chance of winning the lottery i think! We can still dream though! Had a bad day on Monday but coping ok now – no signs anything is happening that can’t be explained by pregnyl and pred. So who would know! Still a week to go!

PS: How am I meant to keep my embies warm in weather like this???