Closed Thread
Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PinkB- yay for morulas! I don't think the concert can affect your embies, but maybe it depends on the music! My last FET was the morning of the metallica concert and those embies clearly didn't appreciate it . I agree it comes down to genetics and the right embie will stick no matter what. Good luck for ET!

Traveler- how exciting, FET tomorrow! Best wishes once again :babydust:

Sent from my X10i using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly - I'm sure the music/vibration will be fine. But having said that I'll confess to hypocrisy - I don't ride my motorbike between EPU and BT because I too am worried I'll vibrate the embryo out. (I haven't figured out the way the bike helps with period pain yet. Options I've come up with are vibration, posture, and mental concentration.) I haven't asked the FS about it.
    come on good little embies

Good luck PinkB and traveler for ETs today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB- hope your ET went REALLY well! I don't go to Maroubrar.

Sorry, this is going to be all about my transfer today...

First, let me tell you the story of my little embie.
    When we first went through a stim cycle, we decided for religious reasons that every embryo created, regardless of quality and even survival would be frozen and put back into me. The scientists told me on numerous occasions why they grade embryos and why they don’t freeze them all, because the weaker ones won’t survive the freeze thaw process, but we were adamant. We negotiated a little with them and decided that anything that made it past day 4, regardless of quality would be frozen. Fortunately, of the five eggs that fertilised, one was put back in (resulting in my beautiful DS) three were excellent day five blastys and only one wasn’t up to scratch, this one stalled at day four. The scientists advised me that it shouldn’t be saved because it was unlikely to survive the thaw, but we did anyway.

We started our FET’s last year, and had two cycles with two of our super embies, both defrosted well and were hatching on transfer day, but didn’t create a pregnancy. Today’s embryo was the one that ‘didn’t make the grade’. But it well and truly exceeded my expectations!!! Not only did it defrost, today it was a blasty!!! When I got there my FS told me that as we expected it still isn’t a great looking blasty blah blah blah. They put it up on the screen....and it started hatching right before our eyes!!!! Even my FS was a little surprised and said “well that’s a good sigh.”

So everything was looking good until transfer time. When they did the transfer it didn’t go in but stayed in the tube thing. I was so sad, this happened to me before, and that cycle resulted in a BFN. I am gutted. I feel like that is just too much trauma for my struggling little embryo. They did it a second time, and that time it went in (I hope!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    for you traveler.
    I've never had the emby get stuck before. I imagine they see it back in the dish when they check for residual contents of the transfer tube? I would further imagine that they would be able to notice any obvious damage from shear forces at the same time, so for what it's worth I don't think it's too much trauma for your emby.
    It usually takes a fair bit of effort to disrupt cells that want to stay together - eg. cell-types that like to attach themselves to the bottom of petri dishes have to be physically scraped off or enzymatically digested apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Lindilou78 and everyone,

I haven't been too far away. My hubby and I have just bought a house, and so it seems for the time being (and while my thyroid is still a problem) I will have a house baby to bring to life. New kitchen, reno's all round. I'm hoping by the time I'm done my thyroid will be at optimum TSH levels.

I've been following everyone through my daily emailed updates. Right now it seems like a distant dream. Somedays I think I'll never join the cycling. But at least we are moving forward with our lives regardless.

Keep up the positive vibes and just keep following your dreams whatever they are.

I will be sending lots of good vibes to you all.

Daisy
    Thanks to everyone else for sharing your stories, even though I've been hiding away. It gives me a little hope that soon enough I too will be able to start cycling.

Daisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.. I only had a short one as stupid me agreed to overtime today!

Nothing new. Still waiting on AF!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice Lindylou and Felicita!

Lindylou - Can't believe your embies didn't like metallica!! I went to the concert, it was for a wacky music/kids show called Yo gabba gabba - it was at the opera house so the acoustics were good and no vibration so glad I went!

Felicita - thats funny about not riding your motorbike - I can relate though-- we caught the ferry home from the concert and the vibration through the seat was extreme so I stood up the whole way home - my friend who I was with doesn't know I am doing IVF so probably thought I was a lunatic!!

Traveler - wow, what a super emby, good on you for insisting they keep it! Don't how true i've heard that it is good if they are sticky. You never know, your little emby has already beaten the odds!

Hi to all

AFM – Made it to transfer – very grateful for that! We had an expanding BA grade blastocyst and a B grade morula that was still dividing transferred so officially joining the TWW. I guess as Starfish says though who knows what secrets they hold so fingers crossed they have the goods to go the distance. No frosties but grateful to have two to transfer – a first for us since cycle 1 in 2007!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    PinkB: Woo hoo that’s awesome news hon , wow such a different result from your last cycle, you and DH must be over the moon being PUPO with twins. I am sending you lots of calming sticky vibes for the dreaded TWW. How was the concert? Maybe the little embies licked it and the noise helped them settle into their new hom for the next 8 months .
    Nat: OMG you have to be kidding, AF is taking her time this month . Are you gonna speak to your FS about getting a BT to see where things are at? Have you git your Biopsy results back yet hon?
    MrsDaisyP: Congrats on the new house hon , hope you guys are settling into it nicely. Your cycle will be here before you know it, it feel slike ages away but your taking all the right steps in the mean time to make sure things are perfect for when you are ready to go.
    Felicita: Sounds like you enjoyed your haircut, wow that is very impressive that you done shave for a cure . I can totally understand what you mean about small things such as your bub playing with your hair. I always get a new haircut after a failed cycle, usually a total colour change as well, always makes me feel better. So any news if you have to wait and do counselling before you cycle with an Anon Donor?
    Traveler: Oh hon, sorry to hear the ET has upset you, I have a very good friend who had 2 of her embies get stuck TWICE in the catheter and she is now 32 weeks pregnant with TWINS, both of her ones that got stuck in the catheter ended up sticking inside her. Like Felicita said above, it takes a lot to disrupt those cells. Its awesome news you have a hatching blasty, you should be over the moon about that hon, try not to worry to much (easier said than done) .
    Lindylou: Ha ha I love your way of thinking that potatoes and coco come from the earth so are OK . You are doing so well to have gone through so many changes and give up so much. I am so excited for you for your next cycle, are you having the whole day off for your procedures on Thursday? I am totally the same when it comes to work, I am super busy but I just can’t drag myself away from google and want to know absolutely EVERYTHING before going into another cycle.
    Starfish: Hope you’re doing OK hon.
    Feliciat & PinkB: On the topic of not doing certain things after ET, I don’t do a “number 2” for two days after ET as I am scared I will “push” it out .
    AFM: Have a follow up appt with FS tomorrow to get results from Biopsy and plan out next cycle. I am excited to know what’s happening and what his plan is to get my UTD.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Thankyou so much for reassuring me about my little emby. It’s so easy to focus on the negatives because more often than not they outweigh the positive in this crazy IVF world.

EO, I’m eager to hear how your biopsy went, really hope it’s good news. Meanwhile, I think of you every time I have to do a number 2 at the moment, worrying about pushing the emby out!

PinkB – Congrats on having 2 for transfer! How do you feel about twinnies?

Nat- Seriously, what is with your AF? I’m sure you have tried wearing white pants in public already...?

MrsDaisyP – welcome back, and congrats on a new house!!

Felicita – how are you going? I think I read somewhere that you are hoping to cycle again pretty soon with the donor sperm?

Hi lindyloo, Starfish and quartz, hope you lovely ladies are going well.

AFM, just trying to stay positive and lead a really normal life during this 2ww. It really would be a miracle if this little emby decided to stick around, but I’m hoping and praying. This is going to sound really stupid, but when i saw my little embryo on the screen, and heard the FS telling me it wasn’t the strongest embryo I’ve had, I just really wanted to scoop it into my arms and tell it that I was proud of it for making it this far, and that I didn’t care if it wasn’t as good as all the other embryos.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (06-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler - I know exactly what you mean! Who are they to be picking on a poor defenseless embryo! Oh and I've tried everything... White pants, going to bed with no underwear on (much to DFs delight lol), going out with no pads or tampons... Ive even been pushing to try and push it out! But nothing :-( Dumb!

Eo - yeah my FS receptionist called last week and said my NK results were "fine" whatever that means! But now I'm wondering if I even ovulated at all, cause I should've had AF 2 weeks ago if I did!!