Closed Thread
Page 45 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starf1sh- nooooo, so very sad to read you don't have an embie to transfer . Dammit its not fair . Sh*t, sh*t and more sh*t! Amazing that you can even contemplate there being a bright side in that you've avoided a M/C... what an exceptionally strong woman you are. Enjoy those vinos with your hubby . I wish I could say something to make it all better for you xxx

PinkB- Yay for all 4 still going! C'mon embies, grow grow grow

EO- travelling for work is so tiring and so NOT glamorous! Yep I'm all excited and raring to go! Never lurked in the country chicks thread, but had to look after your post. How about the natural miracle!! So uplifting that it can & does happen against all odds. I hope that all us Syd gals get our bubbas soon

Nat- AF never turns up when we actually want her . CD40, yikes, have you done any more HPT's?

Felicita- Hope your embie has hung in there and you get a huge surprise BFP. Someone needs to get our UTD list going!

Hi Traveler & anyone I've missed . No news from me... gotta run now, boot camp tonight (ouch!).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (02-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bah! All the currently available donors are ICSI-only. No idea why as yet.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Felicita: Oh hon I am so sorry if my post upset you , I certainly didn’t mean for it too. Those damn drugs can play havoc on us all in an already emotionally situation. Interesting about the ICSI donors, did they say why this was the case? Maybe it’s to try and give you a better fert rate? Only 1 more sleep till BT, sending you lots of babydust for tomorrow .

Lindylou: Darl I keep forgetting to ask you – how is the cave man diet going? Hope you had fun at boot camp, my exercise has totally stopped since the cold snap has hit Sydney, I just can’t drag myself out of bed when its dark and cold and after work is never gonna happen.

Starfish: Hope you had a lovely night last night hon. Sending you lots of hugs.

PinkB: Any update on your little superstars today darl?

Nat: Have you managed to push AF out yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    nat84u - I'm sorry, I've stolen your AF so you might have to wait a little longer.

EO - your post was very nice, it didn't upset me as such, it just made me start crying IYKWIM. I think I posted earlier that spontaneous crying is one of my first symptoms that IVF hasn't worked. Having the crying show up convinced me to send off for profiles yesterday instead of waiting for more conclusive evidence like AF or the BT. AF is just arriving now, but I still want to know my progesterone tomorrow.

traveler - re: spindles
    To get the chromosomes down to the right amount to give to the baby the DNA has to be pulled apart. Some proteins inside the egg cell are responsible for separating the DNA to opposite sides of the egg. This particular collection of proteins are referred to as the spindle apparatus. When looking at the cell the spindle proteins form a shape in the cell like a pointy oval, widest in the middle where the DNA is waiting to be separated, and pointy at the two ends/corners where the DNA is going to be pulled to. If some of the protein strands of the spindle break then they won't pull their target chromosome apart and both (or none) of the chromosomes might get into the embryo causing a trisomy (or monosomy).
    Things like PolScope (polarised light microscopy) are sometimes used in ICSI to observe the spindle and to avoid damaging it.
    An abstract Google gave me said that 60% of blastocysts from normal-spindle eggs implanted (68 t'fers), but that 0% of blastocysts from abnormal-spindle eggs worked (2 chemical pgs from 32 t'fers). Abnormal-spindle eggs also didn't get any blastys to freeze. 50% of normal eggs produced usable blastocysts, while only 10% of abnormal-spindle eggs produced blastocysts that were considered usable.

DH hadn't had a chance to look at the donors when I posted last - I'd only just seen them myself. He had company over, hence my "bah" on here instead of talking to him. We both like one of the donors. I'm already getting excited about it. I'm a bit surprised that I'm so happy atm but I really am.
    The donor does have two children with his wife - so no clue there as to why ICSI only. I don't think it would be right for the clinic to be offering up dud sperm, so a little puzzled. We'll be asking if any other people have been successful with this donor.
    In this decision I had right of veto, but no right of say-so. It was up to DH to choose the sperm he feels comfortable with adopting as his own. DH is dead-set on blue eyes. He and the donor share the same fave colour and some hobbies. He also wanted a little bit of height, and the donor is a couple of inches taller than me.
    I wanted evidence of intelligence and maybe some musical ability (I play a few instruments with ability ranging from poor to quite good), and donor has done a double-degree in disciplines I can respect and plays saxophone.

So, the preliminary decision, barring an unexpected but still definitely welcome positive test tomorrow, is that we're going to give this donor a go.
    When we accept a donor we're removed from the waiting list and get three tries. So we think we'll re-apply immediately to get back on the bottom of the list (only another $100 to cough up) because it took 8 months to get to the top last time. Take out 6 months of worst-case IVF if the 3 cycles don't work and no frosties again and there might not even be a delay in continuing.

I've been tossing up for months whether to shave my head (to number 1 like when I did shave for the cure - no hair is wonderful so I kept it like that for a while) or to leave it long. I haven't cut it at all since I last shaved it in January a few years ago. Since we have to do counselling for donor stuff I didn't want them thinking I was crazy for having no hair. I know it's a silly reason but it's the honest reason. I also remember my sister's DS enjoying playing with her hair as a tiny bub, so want some for when it's my turn to be a mum. Only this morning it occurred to me that I could get a regular haircut like other people do . So I went and did that before lunch today and now I'm all ready to move on to this new chapter with my new short haircut.
    And I may have picked up another couple of hours maths tutoring work with the hairdresser's daughter .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - starfish and I have nominated you to answer some thyroid ?'s for our friend slinky on the over 35's thread - hope u don't mind!

Felicita - good luck for your BT tomorro Sounds like you have plent y to keep you busy with researching donors if you should need, hopefully not though! Us women are queens of the back-up plans though!!

EO

Starfish – more

Hi to all

AFM – day 3 and we have one embie that seems to have stalled at 4 cells, two at 5 cells and one on track at 8 cells so keeping everything crossed we have at least one quality embie to transfer on Saturday and the others get a wriggle on!!! Nervewracking days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita- Rotten AF showing her face , I know its a long shot, but I hope that doesn't mean its all over. Good luck with BT tomorrow! The donor you've picked out sounds ideal and ticks lots of your's and DH's boxes. I believe the reason for ICSI only is because donor sperm is frozen in advance, and you get a certain number of 'straws'. To do regular IVF, you'd need a fresh deposit from the donor on the day of EPU. Can be logistically difficult and inconvenient for an anonymous donor. I'm not 100% sure though, so don't quote me on it!

Starf1sh- no words, just hugs

PinkB- of course I don't mind helping out Slinky with some thyroid Q's, very nice of you and Starf1sh to think of me . Day 4 today right? No doubt your leading embie is a morula today and hope the others have had a growth spurt overnight. For sure you'll have a great blastie for ET tomorrow

EO- Thanks for asking about my diet, I've been mostly good with it. I've strictly followed the no-grains thing, but have given in to some packet stuff like chippies and I just can't give up chocolate. Oh well, potatoes and cocoa come from the ground . I reeeaaallyyyy miss vegemite on toast... when this is over I'm gonna eat a whole damn loaf . I do find I'm hungry every 2hrs and needs lots of fruit, nuts and yoghurt to snack on. Boot camp is awesome, I'm really happy with my strength & fitness now . I hear you on hating the cold, dark mornings. Same here, so I only train at night. How are your holiday plans coming along?

Nat- hurry up AF!

Traveler- your FET must be soon? Fingers crossed for a healthy thaw and smooth transfer

Hi to Quartz & Mrs Daisy (if you're still around)

AFM- still no news, just working & passing time til my lap next week. So busy at work, yet no motivation to do any of it! I hope I get inspired soon to dig in and be super-productive... although with an impending cycle I don't think so!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (03-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

Starfish- I'm so so so sorry you didn't get to et. You are so brave looking at the 'bright' side

PinkB- good luck tomorrow, hope your embie is super snugly. Are you only going 1?

Felicita- thanks for the info. & I'm glad you are feeling happy after your not so good cycle. I'm glad you and DH could agree on a donor!

Hi lindylou, eo & anyone else reading

Afm- fet is tomorrow but I think I've already gone crazy!! I'm already looking for signs and symptoms and nothing's even in me yet. It's going to be a looooong 2ww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    traveler - so long as you haven't POASed before FET then it sounds to me like the crazies are under enough control for the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    traveler - so long as you haven't POASed before FET then it sounds to me like the crazies are under enough control for the moment.
    .....I was tempted, but have sworn to myself to hold off as long as possible, at least until tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler - good luck for your FET tomorro I might see you if its maroubrar you go to? otherwise will be sending sticky vibes your way!

Lindylou Hi and thanks for helping slinky! Thanks for your good wishes!
    Have a good weekend all

AFM – well update today is we have a morula and 2 early morulas plus one 6 cell going slow! There are 2 A grades in the moraulas so crossing everything we have something to transfer tomorrow morning. We have tickets for a kids concert for DD tomorrow at the opera house a few hrs after transfer – do you thinks its ok to go with loud music/vibration??? Starting to think its really down to the chromosomes?? and even if i stand on my head, lie under the doona etc it won’t make a difference???