Closed Thread
Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starf1sh- WOO-HOO, 100% fert and I see from the over 35ers thread that your embies have made it to morulas!! I hope the PGD on both comes back all-clear and you'll be PUPO with a gorgeous blastie (or two) . I've been mad about Bon Jovi since I was 9 or 10, Slippery When Wet was my first ever cassette , now how old does that sound! The tribute show was OK, I'm sure it sounded GREAT to all the drunks in the house .

Felicita- was wondering if you had POAS yet? I think drawing in the 2nd line is hilarious! Anything to lift your spirits, and who knows, could lead to a real BFP! For the first time ever I saw 2 beautiful lines on Fri nite... shame it was an OPK, but just to see it was a victory in itself!

Kelbelle- nice to see you back! Hat off to anyone who can take a proper break from IVF and BH. Hope the inflammation is all cleared up soon and you get good news on your biopsy results .

PinkB- Crikey, what an egg haul for someone with low AMH!! I lurked & saw you got 4 fert, congratulations! Sending loads of babydust and hope those embies grow nice & strong for their mummy Bon Jovi's older stuff is the best, LOL at your DD asking you not to sing! Lucky she doesn't have to ride in the car with me! As I said to Starf1sh, the show wasn't too bad, they were only a cover band so can't expect too much. Double LOL at trying the 'old fashioned way', would be awesome to think that ONE sperm could find that egg, but alas I doubt it. We gave it our best shot though .

EO- are you away on that work conference yet? Or did that already happen? Hope it is/was interesting!

Traveler- this rain is shocking huh? My poor DH worked in it yesterday and said he was drenched down to his undies, it was literally as though he'd jumped in a swimming pool fully clothed! I'm paranoid about avoiding DTD too before an U/S, its like I'm worried they'll 'know' or there'll be some *ahem* leftovers . We freak out about it and the whole time I bet the nurses/FS wouldn't even bat an eyelid. Yay for O'ing (from both sides!) and FET being this Sat

AFM- Well my ovaries were most cooperative over the weekend. I got a +OPK on Fri nite, followed by temp rise on Sun. That puts O on Sat (CD16) and the lap/hyst/biopsy is now lined up with 12 dpo, which is what we needed. Seeing those 2 lines on the OPK was a real thrill, I can see how people get POAS addictions! So its 9 days to my surgery and only 2 weeks til I start jabbing for our 2nd stim cycle... so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lindylou for checking up on me. i love seeing a positive on the OPK too. I hope you get a miracle - I hope my comment wasn't insensitive as I realise MFI is an issue - I've seen it happen though!

Felicita - when is your BT?

Starfish - good luck for tomorrow

Hi to all

AFM - well I can start breathing again - we had 4 fertilise (2 with spindles) which I am happy with as really only 4-5 on the scans looked good (still don't know where they found the 12 eggs!). After last cycles 0 fert I have been to say the least! Feeling good after EPU, again a million times better than last cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly - Yay for 4. Do you (and we) get daily growth reports?

My BT is on Friday. POAS is tomorrow and Thursday. And, yes, I have POAS already - but only twice! Saturday (10dpo) and yesterday (12 dpo).

My uterus has been feeling pre-AF-"erky" this afternoon and I found a couple of tiny bits of brown blood in the old crinone tonight. So it looks like it's following the same story as the past three transfers. I'm not going to try fooling myself with the ole "it's brown not red" this time around. But this is one time when I'll be pleased to find myself proven wrong.

I contacted the anonymous sperm coordinator yesterday and she said there's no wait for us to be able to look at donor profiles. I might request them tomorrow. DH (currently) doesn't want to look at them until after the BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

On my phone but just wanted to let Felicita know I'm thinking of you and really hope u are wrong about AF.

Also, pinkb, can u explain the spindles thing? I missed that part of my epu...

Afm- just waiting till fet and trying to stay positive (it's getting harder as I get closer to fet day)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you are wrong about AF Felicita! Maybe it's just the embie snuggling in tight!

AFM.. Still no AF!! Up to cd40 now and no sign of it showing up. Needless to say.. I'm over it! I keep going to the toilet to check, and I keep "pushing" hoping I'll push it out! Lol.. The things we do hey!

Hope everyone else is well :-)

Can't do any personals cause I'm posting off my phone until I sort out the Internet in our new place! Take care everyone xo

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the MIA ladies, I have been in Perth for work since last Thursday and have just come back to Sydney this morning. What a busy week I have had, so glad to be home now though.

Nat: OMG I can’t believe you are still waiting for AF, the clinic told me it would alter it by a few days but yours seems to be taking ages. Have you spoken with your FS about getting a BT just to check your levels are at? Is there any chance you could have ovulated late and that’s why AF is now so late? I was rolling around with laughter when I read you were trying to “push it out”. This is probably way TMI but I don’t do a number 2 after my ET for 2 days cause I am always scared I will push the emby back out.

Starfish: How are you going hon? Awesome news on the 100% fert rate, sounds like you have some good quality embies growing there and the Saizen has done its job. I hope your scan today can show that your lining has increased and you’re able to transfer one of your little superstars.

PinkB: Wow that’s awesome news about your eggs, you must be very happy about that. So are you aiming for a 3 or 5 day transfer? How are you feeling after EPU? I don’t know too much about spindles either, is that a good or a bad thing, can’t say I have ever heard my clinic use that terminology before.

Traveler: I totally understand how hard it is to remain positive. I go through stages, where one moment I am super positive its all gonna work out and then 5 minutes later I am convinced I will never have kids. Do you have a date for transfer yet?

Felicita: Hope your going OK hon, I find the TWW sucks a55. Its so hard to figure out if the things your feeling are AF or pg symptoms, because they are so similar. For me my tell tale sign that it hasn’t worked is I get a really sore lower back and I don’t even get that when I get AF, its only on a BFN cycle. On my BFP I 100000% thought I was getting AF and remember crying to DH two days prior to BT that I was out and wearing a pad because I was so convinced AF was gonna show up. I think its good that you have got your next plan arranged, however I hope (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) that all the sperm donor research has been a waste of time and you get your much deserved BFP this time.

Lindylou: Woo hoo for O’ing. Its so good when our bodies cooperate, you must be so happy you get to do all of the tests at once now, such a relief to get it all out of the way now. I can’t believe it’s so soon until your next cycle, that has gone pretty quick (probably doesn’t feel quick for you though). You must be getting pretty excited.

Qartz: How are you going hon?

AFM: Just plodding along, I have an appt with FS next Tuesday to go over Biopsy results and also get the plan for our next cycle. Its kind of daunting to be going back into another cycle, we have been doing so much to improve this cycle, changing protocols and changed FS and will have had a 4 month break, so I am so nervous that if this doesn’t work that nothing will work. I am also really excited at the same time because you really have to be “in it to win it”.

Hope everyone is keeping warm in this cold Sydney weather. So ladies its about time we get a few or our Sydney girls UTD, have any of you seen the country girls thread? all but one lady have either just had a bub or are UTD. Must be all that fresh country air.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish Thinking of you

EO - glad your FS appt is coming around so soon, the 4 months has gone so fast -well maybe not for you! I agree its time to fill our UTD section of the roll call its so empty!

Traveler -good luck for FET The spindle thing is where they use a special light/ scope (polscope) on the eggs to visualise the eggs genes, its meant to help with ICSI but also be a better indication for ongoing viability - so if they have the choice they will transfer embryos where the spindle has been sighted. heres some info...

http://www.nextgenfertility.com.au/i...ments/polscope

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15587138

Felicita - good luck for your POAS and BT - I do hope you get a nice surprise but understand the need to plan the next step just in case.

Nat - come on AF, hurry up!!!!

AFM - 4 still growing, one 2 cell and three 4 cell, so relieved they are still growing it continues. Yes we get daily updates, good but slighty nervewracking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok results are in...
    Both embies made blastocyst but 1 has started to degenerate today and PGD results shows a trisomy 11 Completely random event as the karyotyping from my last MC showed a completely different trisomy. The other one is much better and would've been tx this morning based on it's appearance (this was the one that was grade A on day 3). Dr S said there is 'no result' for it as the cell they tested either had no nucleus or it was disrupted during the prep but would 'almost certainly' be abnormal Therefore the PGD people would not recommend transfer. So this is the end of the line for this cycle BUT I have averted another MC for that I am very grateful and has made it all worth while

So my gorgeous DH and I have a lot to think over about our future path and we are getting started by going out for a very late lunch with a few vinos thrown in for good measure

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who supported me through this really difficult time

to all the Sydney gals wherever you are on your journey

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB: Woo hoo lovely, that’s great news that you still have four going strong. The daily updates would be nerve-wracking, but at the same time not knowing is hard as well. My clinic only does Fert rate call, day 3 and day 5 updates. So day 2 and day 4 are very nerve wracking. Can't wait to hear tomorrows update, any idea what day you will transfer yet?

Starfish: Oh 5hit hon, so sorry to hear that, but wow that they both made it to day 5. You should feel very proud that you gave it 110% and know that you have tried everything before making your next decision. Like you said you have averted a very emotional situation with doing this cycle that would of resulted in a MC if our embies were transferred and I think that is a massive thing and totally worth doing PGD. I would do anything to avoid having to go through another MC, it would without a doubt be the hardest thing I have experienced in my life. Sending you and DH big hugs and I hope that you can get back into it straight away after you have made your next step plans. You are very lucky to have a sister that has offered to help you out, for me that has always been in the back of my head that I don’t have a sis to fall back on and we have a 90% chance that DH brother has the same condition as he does so he wouldn’t be able to help out. Enjoy your vinos with your DH and we are all here for you hon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - and I hope the lunch is good.

DH agreed I could ask for donor profiles today (even though he doesn't want them before Friday). I felt it was time because EO's nice post this morning started me crying - not a promising sign for this cycle. I guess today is hormone-crash day. I've still got one foot firmly in each camp atm - convinced it's not worked, but not going out for sushi or booze. I hate waiting.