Closed Thread
Page 42 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Traveler- Nice to see you back and how exciting to be close to your FET! I don't watch the show Offspring, but I am ever so grateful we have IVF to turn to, and the latest technology at our disposal. Its a great idea to change your perception and think positively.

Nat- Yay for the new house! You are such a trooper for the way you've handled your ex SIL's pregnancy, and that can only bring good vibes back on you . I hope she offers to organise YOUR baby shower when you announce your BFP!

EO- We only met one nurse and she was lovely. We're doing all the cycle-related stuff through the Liverpool clinic, but I am coming into the city for my lap/hyst/biopsy. I am definitely keen for a meet up ! Darling Hbr is good for me and any Sat or Sun. I can also swing a half day at work if a weekday is better for everyone else. Sounds like your program is working wonders for your body, woo-hoo!

Felicita- hope you're staying sane in the TWW so far

PinkB- yes I am blessed with a wonderful DH and I know he will dote on me when I'm UTD. You can bet I'll be milking it too . Yay for 6 follies . I also peeked in the over 35's thread and you girls had me laughing with your funky oestrogen dance. Great to see it has worked and hope those follies continue to develop into perfect mature eggs for you

Starf1sh- oh no, how frustrating your follie count and lining aren't where you needed them, especially when its taken so long to get to this point. Can you take progynova for your lining? That did the job for me when I had a medicated FET. I'll join in your 'quality not quantity' chant and hope those eggs you've grown are as perfect as can be! Everything crossed they make equally perfect embies that don't need PGD to prove themselves . Good luck for EPU on Friday!

AFM- just waiting to ovulate so I know all is good to go for my lap/hyst/biopsy. CD 13 for me and hoping O holds off til CD 15 or 16. AF showed 2 days early so I need to O late to line the biopsy back up with 11dpo. No EWCM yet so thats a good sign. I'm using OPKs for the first time ever, hope I don't miss that LH surge! I am temping too as a back up.

State of Origin tonight, but I'm just not as excited as usual. 5 straight series losses is enough to take the enthusiasm away! Oh well, I'll say it anyways: GO THE BLUES

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a little bit of crazies here
    On previous t'fers AF has come sooner when I've had niggles, twinges and cramps during the TWW. Sample size is only 3, so what with all the variables I haven't mentioned that's a completely unreliable observation. And I've no reason to believe that progesterone is low atm.

So, since this cycle's been nearly as niggly as the first, should I be calling the FNs today for a P4 test tomorrow morning so AF doesn't start on 12dpo (Monday)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Woo hoo so looks like a few of us are interested in a catch up – I’m excited to meet you gals . I will do a list of dates shortly and see when we can find a date to suit all of us.

Felicita: If it was me I would do the BT just for peace of mind, I have done that on my last stim cycle as I used Pregnyl and had never had it before so was slightly worried as I wasn’t feeling any of the progesterone symptoms. I am sure you have nothing to worry about, but its only 1 BT and it will put your mind at ease . I also like getting a test done in the middle of the TWW as it gives the FS extra info for my next cycle, ie I need extra progesterone mid way through as my body doesn’t really absorb pessaries that well and it that well and it was until our 3 transfer we found out that info.

Lindylou: The city clinic for the procedures is awesome, the nurses there are so lovely and its kind of a little like a nice hotel. Hope your going OK with the OPK’s, I found those things hard to use, are you going to have a BT as well to confirm it once you see the LH Surge on the sticks? I have everything crossed hon that the timing is right so you can get it all done at the same time. Pitty bout the Blues last night, I thought we had them there for a while.

Starfish: 5hit, 5hit, 5hit, I just seen your post in the other thread hon. So sorry to hear your lining is not cooperating. It would have been good if they could of given you something for it sooner to make a difference. Sorry hon if you have already mentioned this, but was this your first down reg or have you done one of these before? It sucks that its such a poor response when you have nto had a poblem with this before. I was so convinced that with all these great changes you had for this cycle along with not having done a cycle for a while that it would be the winning recipe. Sending you bug hugs hon and I hope Dr S has some answers for you. All the best for EPU Friday, and like you said you have to be in it to win it. My friend was telling me her IVF story last week and her DH used to say to her that every egg she produced was a ticket in the Baby Lotto, so looks like you have three golden tickets there honey.

PinkB: So glad to hear you ovaries aren’t clapped out honey , such a relief. Great you have a nice quantity of eggs being produced and that there will be more chances for you to choose from. I hate that there are so many variables with this journey. All the best for your EPU on Monday, I have everything crossed for you for perfect quality on your egg harvest .

AFM: So it turns out that having a biopsy can affect your AF, I am 4 days late for AF and given I know with 100% certainty when I ovulated and that its physically impossible for me to fall pregnant without IVF I called the clinic and they said a lot of ladies have longer cycles after this procedure. Kinda would have been good if they told me about that at the time, I was starting to panic that my ovulation was off and the biopsy would be irrelevant as it was done at the wrong time. Another interesting fact I learnt, my progesterone levels were 51 this cycle and for both my FET even with 2 pessaries daily my prog has only ever been around 30 – 35! I did read in my naturopaths notes that doing a detox on your bowels and liver can cause your body to produce the right hormones in the proper amounts so wondering if that has something to do with it. Good to know my body is starting to do the right thing for a change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (27-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - Thanks for that! I was wondering where my AF was! I got a positive opk on CD15, it is now CD33 and still no AF! Usually when I take Clomid from day 5-9 I get AF on day 32. Always! And this cycle I took Clomid from cd2-6, so I assumed I'd get it earlier.

Wish she'd hurry up!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx EO. progesterone test at 9:30 am. I've never bothered the nurses in the TWW before now. First time for everything.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita: Good luck with your Prog BT today

Nat: Any sign of AF yet? I started to spot last night which still hasn’t gotten any further yet. It’s very strange because I never spot before my AF. Not that i am in a rush but its just a pain not knowing what she is doing.

Starfish: I am sending you huge hugs, lots of good egg vibes and thick juicy lining thoughts. I hope all goes well for EPU today hon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - Nope no AF yet. I'm a bit annoyed cause I had it all planned to transfer on the long weekend cause I have 5 days off work! Grrrrr... My DF told me that I should already know that nothing ever goes to plan for me! I'll call my FS if it hasn't shown up by this afternoon and see what he has to say. How long did they tell you the NK results would take? He told me 2 weeks, but I might ask today if they're there yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat: I literally just walked to the kitchen to get my lunch and sit at my desk to read BH and AF has shown up - FINALLY. So that puts me at CD31. My FS said around 2 weeks for the results, so i have an appt with him on Tuesday 7th June to go over the results .

Given you didn't have BT to monitor for your ovulation - is there a chance you could be UTD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eo- I've already considered that, and done 2 HPTs which were both BFN. My opk test line was as dark as the control line, so I definitely ovulated! That's great that yours showed up. Maybe mine will now. She'll prob turn up unannounced on the weekend when I'm in the middle of Bunnings or something lol... Maybe I should go somewhere with no pads or tampons and I bet she'll show!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat: yep its always the way, i started spotting last night when i was at dinner and it wasn't until we were in the car that DH said i think you sat in something!!! it wasn't much but was noticeable to me (and obviously DH) But then didn't get anything more until lunch time today. Love your idea of it happening in Bunnings, could you imagine the look on all the mens faces - PRICELESS Damn was hoping it would be a natural miracle for you and thats why she hasn't arrived