Closed Thread
Page 41 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Wow Sydney actually got a little warmer over the weekend compared to what we have been having lately, it was lovely.

Quartz: Hope your feeling better hon , I took a break from BH after my MC as well, its easier to forget about it that way. Hope you have been enjoying your time out. We had all the genetic and Karotype testing done and from memory it cost about $1000 for both DH and I and unfortunately we got nothing back from Medicare. Enjoy your break, I must admit it has done me the world of good.

Feliciata: Woo hoo congrats on being PUPO darl, that’s awesome news. It sounds like you have got a good strong little emby on board now. So I am guessing you are going to start POAS shortly? So i will have to think of qosme questions for you to keep you busy in the TWW. i must admit its probably the one time in my IVF that i hate the most!!!!!

Pinkbutterfly: No my FS didn’t do the BT as he said the uterine one is more accurate. I would of liked to have both done but oh well, I am happy he has at least let me do the biopsy. He did make a comment while I was getting it done that he thinks we still have a good chance and it’s a numbers game and its just because the process is so artificial and he thinks I don’t have any big underlying issues blah blah blah. So that was good to hear, still doesn’t explain 4 failed cycles though. Hope your estrogen is starting to rise again for you now babe . It sucks that there is always something with IVF. When is your next BT and scan? Love your terminology – clapped out, you had me laughing hysterically with that one .

Starfish: All the best for your scan honey and so glad to hear your levels are starting to rise like that are supposed to be. My FS prefers to stim for longer as he believes it gives more eggs at the same quality. My issue seems to be doesn’t matter what dose I start out on the moment Orgalutran is added in my levels rise very quickly and I end up with 10 eggs all at different stages and quality. Will the extra days stimming impact on the PGD at all babe?

Lindylou: How’s your trip babe? I am guessing we haven’t heard from you for a few days because you have spent all your money on shopping and can’t afford to pay for internet use. Not long now till your biopsy and some more answers, read my experience below, it’s a breeze and its totally painless so nothing to worry about.

AFM: had biopsy on Friday morning, I took panadeine forte beforehand cause I was worried about the pain of the procedure. And it was perfectly fine, it didn’t hurt at all. My ET's never hurt either and it was pretty much the same thing. When the FS was actually collecting the specimen the feeling was a little like having ice pushed up high in your uterus (not that I have ever had that) but more like a numb kinda feel, but definitely not painful. One thing I was surprised at, I thought the specimen would have been blood (given its from your endomentrium which is made up of blood) but it was more like a yellow orange watery liquid. I asked the FS and a friend who had the same thing and they said it was normal. I have an appointment with FS on 7th June to get results and plan our next cycle. My AF is due tomorrow so I will skip this month (DH and I have decided to go to NZ for a weeks holiday before our next cycle) and then start long down reg next month around beginning of July. I must admit this weekend (2 months into our break) has been the first time I have really started to think about everything and got that feeling of desperation that I really WANT to have a baby. I think it was casue we caught up with 2 pregnant friends over the weekend and they both looked so happy and all we talked about was babies. I had been doing so well up until then too. Oh well its only a minor speed bump in my journey and I will get there eventually .

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - Yay for the easy biopsy. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

No, I haven't started POAS yet, 2dp3dt might be a little too soon and I've missed my chance to see the trigger. I never decide I want to see the trigger until it's too late.
    DH is possibly more of a POAS addict than me. He bought 2 HPTs last week so they'd be ready and waiting. Last cycle he bought 8 (all that the chemist had on the shelf), and he was considering getting another for me to use on the morning of the BT, despite the previous 8 days being BFN.

I've picked up an extra couple of hours tutoring to fully occupy another afternoon, so my student might just get REALLY well prepared lessons over the next two weeks.

I find the time between a BFN and the next FS appointment worse than the TWW. That's why I now have my 3 bottles of "good luck" vitamins (CoQ10, VitD, grapeseed) in addition to my girlie vits (Blackmores Conceive Well), just because I needed to feel like I was doing something to progress towards the next cycle, not because I really think they'll help.

I got my FS to OK them at that next appt, if they were useless I'd still take them, but if they were bad I'd stop. He told me to ditch the CoQ10 with ginseng - I was after just CoQ10 (which is OK), but the pharmacist handed me a bottle that was adulterated with 600 mg ginseng and I stupidly didn't check the label until seeing that the tablets were physically larger than 60 mg. FS was worried about ginseng being anticoagulant and didn't want extra bleeding at EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I'm back in the land of Oz!

EO- love your avatar, very calming and relaxing . Funny you should mention you think the herbs affected your O timing. My last 2 cycles have been 27 & 28 days with O smack on CD 14. I've never had them like that! I've always been regular, but usually 29-30 days with O on CD16-17. So I reckon the herbs must have something to do with it . Such a relief to hear the biopsy was smooth sailing, and interesting the specimen wasn't just blood. Things you learn!! Taking a NZ holiday sounds lovely, you'll be going into your next cycle with renewed enthusiasm and positive thinking, sounds like a recipe for a BFP! Oh and I had free wi-fi at all the US hotels, I only went quiet 'cos I was in transit, and flying over the international dateline meant I missed out on Thurs altogether.

Nat- so pleased to hear the biopsy was nothing to worry about. Even though I'll be under when I have mine, glad the rest of you having it found it a piece of cake. Mmmmm cake.... oh I miss cake!

Felicita- I laughed too reading that post about your standards in men/sperm, your DH must have a great sense of humour . In previous posts, you mentioned a blue-eyed donor and I was thinking if my DH didn't have such dodgy swimmers, I'd volunteer him for you (he has awesome baby blues). Hmmm, maybe you'd settle for his after all with your criteria . I did read the POAS addiction thread, and it was amusing, I was never a hard core POAS-er though. Sounds like you'll be doing enough HPTs for the both of us! Yay for getting one gorgeous embie and being PUPO! Tonnes of babydust for you I have everything crossed that you'll get to see 2 beautiful lines

PinkB- yay for jabbing! Too right we need to fill our lonely UTD section on the roll call. Its about time we Sydney girls landed on some ladders and NOT the snakes.

Starf1sh- yep I sure was fed up with living out of my suitcase! Friday was absolutley gorgeous outside, usually is nice & sunny after a foggy morning I've noticed. Any news on your response as yet? C'mon follies, be good!

Quartz- It sure is nice to take a break from it all hey? So glad I did, but now I'm really really itching to start again! Like EO said, the chromosome testing was about $1000 for us both. Hope the results from karyotyping give you some much-needed answers.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- I was in transit from 12pm Wed USA central time (3am Thurs Syd time) to 8am Fri. Good thing I got lots of sleep on the plane from Los Angeles to Syd . Coming in to land, the airport was closed (stupid fog!) and we were going to be diverted to Bris instead, but luck was on my side and as our pilots made their approach, the visibility had improved enough for us to touch down . I was sooo relieved 'cos we had an 11am appt at SIVF and I was worried I'd miss it. Our nurses appt went well and everything is now in place just waiting for my next Day 1 . The rest of Friday was very relaxing, DH had the whole day off and he was very attentive & affectionate, didn't let me cook or clean. What a sweetie. We had a lovely weekend and got out to enjoy the sunshine. Trying to settle back into the daily grind now... but very happy to be home and looking forward to my cycle getting started in about 3 weeks time .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I'm back! Sorry I have been away for so long, but I decided that my IVF break needed to be a real IVF break...(I did sneak the occasional BH update to see how you were all going, but I tried not to reply)

I do have a lot to catch up on, but wanted to wish Felicita while being PUPO. we really need to get some BFP's on this thread so I hope you will be our first.

EO I know what you mean about the desperation, wanting your own baby, but I think that what makes us keep going down this crazy path.

quarts, welcome back. I hope you have found a good head space, and I hope you get some answers. you have been on such an emotional ride. It has to be your turn soon.

Lindylou, welcome back to Australia and enjoy the next three weeks before you start cycling again.

to everyone else.

AFM - doing a FET this month. AF came last thursday so counting down the days till transfer. I decided that this month is going to be full of positive thought. Instead of being really angry that I need IVF to achieve a pregnancy while my friends fall pregnant naturally first time every time, I am going to be thankful that we have IVF to turn too, to give us a chance at having a baby. I was watching offspring last night, and found it SO SAD when the FS said there was no way the girl would have a baby (sorry don't watch the show enough to remember names) It just made me so thankful for my little boy, and that my FS is quite optimistic about me having another, it is just a matter of time (and money). I know a few of you are coming to the end of your IVF journey, but until your FS says that you have no chance of falling pregnant, then there is still a chance.

to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone!

I'm feeling great today! Just waiting for AF to arrive so I can get on with my transfer.

Got the keys for our new place yesterday, so I've slowly started moving. Can't wait to paint and put new carpets down in the near future hopefully.

All is good with ex Sis in law. I've actually offered to throw her a baby shower.. And yes I may be out of my mind!!!

Hope everyone is well :-)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat: Woo hoo congrats on the new house darl . It will be a great fresh start for you, you must be so excited to be mobbing in. Just out of curiosity what day of your cycle did you have your biopsy? I have read a few different things lately and wanted to double check my FS has done it at the right time.

Traveler: So glad you have enjoyed your break away from IVF for a while. All the best for your FET this month hon, you must be so nice and relaxed ready for this one and you sound very refreshed and positive . We watched Offspring as well and I was laughing at all the injections etc and then when she had the app with her FS and told her she couldn’t have kids together, DH both looked at each other, turned the TV off and went straight to bed and didn’t say a word to each other, I felt my heart break when she was told, I know its only a TV show but I know that those conversations do happen to people. We are lucky as well, our FS has also said he is optimistic and its just a matter of getting the right embryo, doesn’t make it easy but at least we have hope.

Lindlou: Welcome back hon. Yeah I thought it was about time to get an avatar and its nice and calming which is always a good thing. Great to here you have been having good things with the herbs. I have been doing so much reading about all the stuff we are on at the moment just to reaffirm to myself that its all going to work. So glad you had your FS appointment when you got back, how did you find the new nurses etc? Did you have to go to the city for the appt? Your DH sounds very cute, he must of missed you terribly .

PinkB: All the best for your scan today darl, can’t wait to hear the news, I am sure all the Ovary dancing that you and Starfish have been doing is working a treat.

Felicita: How is the TWW going hon. Hope your not googling too much in your spare time. So how many HPT as your DH brought this time? Have you been taking to COQ10 for long? I started it about 8 weeks ago and hoping it will make a difference with getting my eggs from day 1 to day 5. I also have DH on them as well, we take 150mg each per day, I checked my bottle at home for the Ginseng just to be sure and I am lucky there was none in it, I have never hear of that being used an anticollagurant before. There seems to be a far few things out there that do that, so good to know.

Starfish: How are you going babe? When is your next scan? I had seen on the other thread that you have 5 follies, great to hear. In my research-a-thon yesterday I found some great evidence from a Fertility Clinic in America about the long down reg protocols producing less eggs but better quality, so that’s awesome because as well all know, it’s the quality over quantity that we are after. Like I said to PinkB, that Ovary dance you girls were doing seems to have done the trick. Maybe we should do a sticky dance for you in the Sydney thread.

Qartz: how are you going hon? Hope your enjoying the time off between your next cycle, even though your not cycling and it’s the investigation phase, its till good to know that your doing something and taking another step closer to getting your bub .

So ladies, not sure what your thoughts are on this, so am just throwing it out there. But would anyone be keen for a Sydney girls catch-up? If there are some girls interested I will start a little date checker that we can all put our names on. I thought the city is probably the best place, maybe in Darling Harbour or something to suit where everyone will be travelling from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou78 - welcome back.

traveler - hi! and thanks for the baby dust.

nat84u - ooh, a new house. We're still settling in to ours, haven't got lounge-chairs or dining table yet (DH brings his own chair, and I use the stuff I had when I was single) ... we've been here about 3 years.

EO - I've been taking CoQ10 since the last BFN, so nearly 2 months now. FS has repeatedly told us it's all sperm issues, not egg problems, which is why I think of them as "good luck" Vits. I was scared of using royal jelly (which was also suggested by Dr Google for egg quality), because I've heard anecdotally of Salmonella contamination in some preparations. The "ginseng pharmacist" said no extra benefit was gained above 90 mg CoQ10, so gave me 60 mg tablets to go with the 60 mg already in my girlie Vits. The replacement bottle I chose is 50 mg CoQ10 + 432 mg omega-3s.

I don't know if FS is correct or not about the ginseng (Siberian) being anticoagulant. I wasn't eagerly wanting to use it so I didn't quiz him to assess his awareness of the different types of ginseng and their purported activities. My sister says it's in one of her "regulate your hormones and not get PMS" tablets (which actually make her PMS worse), which to me indicated it might possibly affect the stims.

I'm up for a get-together, nearly anywhere, nearly anytime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita: Totally agree, anything with a herb in it that asters hormones I would definitely steer clear of when cycling. Our FS has also said our issue all along has been sperm issues as well but I don’t want to be nieve in tis process so we have made sure I have also been tested with EVERYTHING (last thing I would need to be tested for is endo via a lap). I figure adding a few things in can’t adversely affect it (providing it’s the right type) so I am on a pretty in depth list from our naturopath – Lindylou also goes to the same one as me and she had an amazing response with getting so many of her eggs to blast on her first stim cycle and her husband’s SA results showed dramatic improvements.

I have read a lot (and my FS keeps telling me), that there is really nothing that can change the quality of a lady’s eggs, I think a lot of the herbs etc that we read about don’t necessarily change the quality but do affect the outcome. For instance there are a lot of in depth medical research that state how high amounts of antioxidants taken 3 months prior to a stim cycle will reduce the oxidative stress in the follicular fluid and also the amount of free radicals in the system so once the eggs are retrieved they have more assistance in being fertilised and also progressing through to day 5 blasts. We were told the CoQ10 is for cell development and is also another antioxidant, I have noticed some ladies on BH take up to 600mg per day. I thought I was being very conservative with 150mg. Apart from all the supplements and herbs, DH and I are also on a bowel conditioner (herbal fibre blend) and a probiotic and my bowels have never felt better – SUPER regular, no bloating etc if you get my drift .

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO – glad the NK biopsy went well. I hope the results come thru soon for you – another piece in the puzzle. I am keen for a catch up, city or darling harbour is great for me. Glad you have booked a nice holiday and come back refreshed ready for your successful cycle!

Felicita – glad you are keeping busy in your TWW! Interesting about the gingseng – my chinese med lady is a big fan of it to give the eggs energy as they develop, they say to stop it a few days before EPU.

Lindylou – welcome back to oz! Glad you didn’t have to be diverted after such a long flight! What a gem of a DH you have – he better get used to it as you will be UTD soon and you will need to put your feet up as much as you can!

Traveler – good luck for your FET! I agree with what you say about IVF – so thankful it exists – 20 years ago we wouldn’t have been able to have our DD. Its great your FS is so positive about your chances, that must take the pressure off to an extent.

Nat – glad all going well for you, good on you for being a star sister in law!!
    Starfish

AFM – plodding along, seems my ovaries are not completely clapped out yet but still nervous about how the egg quality will be after last cycles flop! Tonight will be day 9 of stims and I have 6 decent size follies and a few smaller ones – this is really good for me but hoping for good quality. Looking like EPU will be Monday so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals
    Thanks EO and Lindylou for asking after me. Cycle is not going great, had a very rough start as you know with low E2 and now my endometrial lining is quite thin, although it did have the triple layers so guess that's something! At my scan today only 3 decent follies and a few stragglers seen, so this is my worst cycle response ever I definately think I was oversuppressed and long down regs are no longer for me but didn't really have an option due to PGD. If If my lining does not improve I will have to freeze whatever embies I get and there is also a chance I won't get the minimum no. of embies I need to proceed with PGD (3 on day 3). So not in a very happy place TBH.

However, on the flipside I am going to EPU on Friday and you've gotta be in it to win it hey!

Sending lots of to all of you wherever you are on your journey.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 25-05-2011 at 16:40.