Closed Thread
Page 40 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Felicita – thanks for that great info on NK cells – so well explained!! Can I just clarify this bit...

Uterine biopsies for NK cells are usually done at CD21 so as to get a picture of what's likely to be happening at implantation time. Both the number and activity (how good they are at killing) of the NK cells can be assessed. Activity might be more important than number. Some places offer a blood test, also done on or around CD21, to assess NK cell activity.

Does this mean the blood test is more accurate than the biopsy ? Does the biopsy assess activity too?

Hope your most handsome 6 spermies do their thing, Does this mean you’ve had EPU? Good luck

EO – good luck for your NK biopsy – hope all goes well. Can’t believe you are halfway thru your break already – you will be back on the bandwagon before you know it!!! No, FS doesn’t think melatonin will help, I’m at the point where I would try anything really!

Nat – glad the biopsy went well, how long do results take?

Lindylou - hope ur keeping warm and getting some more shopping done!

Starfish – sending loads of good egg vibes and a downpour of babydust your way – hope all on track.

Hi to everyone else

AFM – started an antagonist cycle last night, CD2 results weren’t as good as last month but still in range and FS still thinks its worth a go. Hoping the antagonist produces better results than the down reg. Had the fluvax on Monday and had a really bad reaction to it so have been feeling shocking, I’m sure the IVF drugs will help with that, not!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    EternalOptimist
    MrsDaisyP
    Lifeonhold
    Lindylou- ICSI ~Jun 11
    Traveler- TTC #2
    25andhopeful
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Nat84u
    Crofty
    Lola77

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

Felicita
    PinkButterfly- jabbing
    Starf1sh- jabbing

TWW

UTD

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009

Leeny- DD Oct 2010

Just updating the roll call - OK girls we need to get all of our names into the UTD section pronto - its empty!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly - blood vs uterine NK assays.
    Since the two tests are looking in different locations they're technically asking a slightly different question. That might be important or it might not be. I think the consensus is that interpretation of the biopsy is more relevant at this stage of both tests' development.

I don't know if either test has definitively linked NK cells with causing failed implantation, I think it's still suspicion and correlation at this point. I just had a quick look in Medline - the most recent article returned (Aug 2010) was titled Possible role of natural killer and natural killer T-like cells in implantation failure after IVF.
    (NKT cells are an even rarer white blood cell, being part like an NK cell and part like a T cell. Oh, those crazy scientists with their creative names for things. A lab near my old one was investigating NKTs with respect to type I diabetes and think they might mostly function like T cells but instead of looking at protein flags they look at fatty flags.)
    Anyway, the upshot of the abstract for that article is that the women with poorer IVF outcomes had an anti-virus style of immune effect happening in their bodies, and that this was reflected in the behaviour NK and NKT cells. So not a causative link.

My FS sent me to St George Hospital for the blood test, to Gavin Sacks' research group. I think they're still collecting data to strengthen the correlation between their bloodwork results and clinical outcomes.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Felicita; As always you have gone above and beyond with your knowledge of all of this , and to think you tried to tell all us Sydney girls when you first joined you were a novice. How are your little embies travelling today, do you know if you’re having a 3 or 5 day transfer yet?

Pinkbutterfly: All the best for your antagonist cycle hun, I like those ones, they are always so quick. Sounds like a lot of ladies FSH varies each cycle, as long as its within the range I say go for it. Is this your first time at the short cycles? I hear you about trying new things, I am willing to give anything a go, my FS is pretty conservative though and won’t really go outside the square too much. I think we will give him this next cycle and see how it goes, otherwise we may look at changing FS, I love the clinic though so would ideally like to stay there. For the NK Biopsy they do them 10 days after ovulation when implantation is likely to happen, so its not necessarily on CD21.

Nat: So glad biopsy went well, you have given me some hope that it won’t hurt now, thanks for being the first in the group to go through with it . How’s the house going?

Lindylou: Hope your still shopping up a storm over there darl .

Starfish: How’s your cycle going hon? I seen on another thread your E levels are quite low still and your over suppressed. Hope the higher dose of FSH improves things for you so you can get a great batch of embies to test. I will be sending lots of egg growing vibes your way……. This journey is so 5hit sometimes .

AFM: Well all scheduled in tomorrow for 7.00am for my Biopsy, nice early start!!!! Then its straight off to work afterwards, wow an IVF procedure that won’t interfere with work for a change . I am such a woos with pain so I checked with my FN and I am taking a panadeine forte before my biopsy tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - we have 2 out of the 6 fertilised, but they haven't done their first division yet (@ 10:15 am).
    FS is not going to make them go to day 5, so we'll be doing transfer on day 3 (Sat) with permission (and FS recommendation) to t'fer both if they manage to battle on for that long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO, how did your biopsy go hun? Hope it was straight forward and as painless as Nat's! Yes I have had a slow start to the cycle. Thankfully E2 seems to be picking up a bit. Looks like it will be a loooong stim phase, but guess that kind of fits with the very loooooong down reg I'm been on! Will know more after my 1st scan on Monday

Lindylou, Howdy! Whereabouts are you now? Are you sick of living out of a suitcase yet?

Felicita, all the best for your transfer today Hope you are now PUPO with twins!

Thanks to whoever moved me to jabbing on the list, I suspect PinkB? How's your cycle going mate?

Big to everyone else, hope you have been out enjoying our glorious winter weather today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita – thanks for that info again, its all so fascinating!! Hope transfer went well and you have some lovely embryos on board

Eternal Optimist – how did your biopsy go? I hope all smoothly! Do you have the NK blood test too? Love your new avatar! This will be my 5th antagonist cycle – OMG!!! Yeh, I changed FS’s within the same clinic with one of many many reasons being I find the nurses great and its an easy 7 min drive up the road!

Starfish – hope all going well, when is your next scan and BT? Yes I changed you on the roll call and I am planning to move you to the UTD section v.soon!!!! It was so old it still had me as jabbing – maybe I have become a serial jabber/IVF addict .

Lindylou – you must be doing more shopping! Hope ur having a great time, and getting lots of work done too!!

AFm – lovely sunny morning at farmers markets and 4yo birthday party so nice quiet afternoon for all. Had a BT and oestrogen is lower than where it normally is for me so worried my ovaries are nearly completely clapped out but keeping everything crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    EternalOptimist
    MrsDaisyP
    Lifeonhold
    Lindylou- ICSI ~Jun 11
    Traveler- TTC #2
    25andhopeful
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Nat84u
    Crofty
    Lola77

Cycle Underway
    PinkButterfly- jabbing
    Starf1sh- jabbing

TWW
    felicita

UTD

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

I'm so pleased our surviving emby made it to transfer. You must all now post frequently over the next two weeks to stop me going insane, lol. But be careful if you ask me a question because you're not likely to receive a short answer. BTW, have you read the "Way to identify a POAS addiction!" thread? I read it to my sister who nearly wet herself laughing and she confessed to having done most of them.

Only one of our two fertilised eggs decided to divide. It got off to a slow start. No division on day 1. Then it caught up by half a day and got to 3 cells for day 2. Today when we arrived they said it was 6 cells - I was pleased that it had doubled overnight - but by the time it was transferred it had become a proper 8 cell day 3 emby .
    Last edited by felicita; 21-05-2011 at 19:11. Reason: didn't expect that word to be bleeped out, so I changed it to "wet"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for being PUPO Felicita, your embie sounds great!!!! I'll start thinking of a few questions to keep you occupied in the TWW!!

I haven't read the POAS thread - I will have a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ]
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    EternalOptimist
    MrsDaisyP
    Lifeonhold
    Lindylou- ICSI ~Jun 11
    Traveler- TTC #2
    25andhopeful
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Nat84u
    Crofty
    Quartz
    Lola77

Cycle Underway
    PinkButterfly- jabbing
    Starf1sh- jabbing

TWW
    felicita

UTD

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

Hi everyone, just adding myself to the list. Have been MIA lately as I am just trying to get myself in a good space to cycle again. Have been keeping up with everyone's posts though. Saw my FS the other day - he didn't have the results of the karotyping yet but has sent me off to get chromosome and genetic testing (a little worried as to how much that will cost!!!!). Go back in a months time for those results. Will also have a biopsy done before next FET. So it will be a little while before I cycle again but for now am enjoying a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    Last edited by quartz; 23-05-2011 at 07:29.