Closed Thread
Page 38 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    starfish- thanks let me know. I am not moving to sydney, but can go there.
    could you tell me which pharmacy sell DHEA in sydney? I am low AMH.
    2 cycle failed with only 1 egg.
    felicita- every FS is different, chose the right one is very importment, I think most of us can become mum, as long as we got a good fs. gook luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    goodhope - DHEA is prepared by compounding chemists according to the prescription written by your doctor.
    These pharmacies in Sydney should be able to provide DHEA: http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search...+NSW&x=50&y=23

3. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

goodhope  (11-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just a quick visit for me.

Things have been mad. I'm trying to get a homeloan approved, deal with stuff at home, and everything else. So not much time for chit chat.

The IVF dream is on hold until my thyroid is sorted out. Very frustrating, but to be honest, the way things are going, I think it'll be next year before we can even think about it. Looking forward to our honeymoon in July, so I can switch off from everything and try to relax.

Sending to everyone.
    Sorry have to dash.
    Daisy

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsDaisyP: Hope you have an amazing honeymoon, and I hope the time goes quickly for you so you can start your next cycle. The waiting is so horrible, but sounds like you have lots going on to keep you occupied.

Felicita: OMG you are totally going to be our resident Sydney Girls embryologist/FS, I am very impressed with all your knowledge of IVF. I wish I had of paid more attention to Biology and Chemistry etc at school now, never thought I would ever have to use it. Very interesting about the FSH, I wonder what factors contribute to the number on CD2. We are doing IVF due to MFI and so far I have been tested for everything (all but NK cells) and all is clear. I respond really well to drugs, I only ever take 112 fo Gonal F or Puregon and get around 8-14 eggs, didn’t get any to freeze last cycle but had 2 the first time so I wonder why mine is creeping up to the lower end of their high side? Well hopefully my 3 months break will give me a better number for my next cycle. Hope you’re going well with your cycle. Do you know when your due for your EPU yet?

Lindylou: I am so envious of your shopping opportunities. I loooove shopping and being able to have that much at your door step would be a dream come true. Enjoy every bit of it and spend lots of money on yourself cause it may be the last time you get to when you get your BFP in your upcoming cycle.

AFM: Well what do you know, I ovulated, right on CD14, this is a pretty rare occurrence for me, I had a feeling something was happening cause this morning when I went to the loo after I woke up – TMI – there was a really large amount of EWCM and the real stretchy stuff too. I am usually CD 18 – 20. I am just relieved now that I can do the biopsy before my big work conference. So I am now scheduled in for the NK Biopsy on 20th May at IVF (if anyone is going to be in the city clinic on that day let me know – would love a catch up with some of you girls). The FN said it’s a minor procedure and to take Panadol 30 mins before hand, I am only going to slip out from work to get it done and then go straight back again as I am so busy at the moment and can’t really justify having the day off. I have used up all many of my sick and annual leave days on my last 4 cycles, I have none leave left anyway. Woo hoo I can’t wait to see the results, I think they take a few weeks to come back though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daisy – sounds like life is very busy, enjoy a break on your honeymoon

EO – well done for a text book ovulation! & good luck for the NK biopsy!!! I agree we should organise a catch up sometime.

Felicita – what does your clinic use as the cut off for oestrogen on CD2??? I thought my last FS was strict with a cutoff of 10 for FSH – so 8 sounds v.strict!!! Although as my last FS would say you can’t consider FSH without the oestrogen too – i think the cut-off is 250 at our clinic for oestrogen.

Lindylou – I’m even more impressed you are posting from the US now I know you are opposite a huge mall!!!! The shopping sounds amazing! You must be loving it with the exchange rate too! Have fun!!

Starfish – hope all ok with you

How cold is that icy wind!! Straight off the snow! Hope everyone else is well and keeping warm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, how are you all? Hope everyone is keeping warm through this cold snap!

Well my NK cell biopsy is booked in for Tuesday next week (17th May) at 4pm. I'm pretty nervous about it, just regarding the pain and stuff but I'll be fine! Engagement party was on Saturday, it was a beautifully perfect day! Everyone had a great time, I'll try post some pics in my profile when I get some spare time. My DDs party is Sunday next week, and I've let her invite 36 children
    Settlement for our house is on 24th May, and I cannot wait!! And my FET should be mid Juneish. Depending on when I get AF which should be in around 2 weeks time.... Thinking I might try and push for 2 embryos transferred but I'm still in two minds about it.

Take care everyone!

P.S. I've been digging around for our roll call to update myself but I can't seem to find it?!
    Last edited by nat84u; 12-05-2011 at 17:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty, I'm so sorry your last cycle was not successful . Enjoy your IVF break

Goodhope, looks like Felicita has already covered it but yep any compounding chemist should be able to do it.
    Lindylou, you are so welcome hon, what a day for you! Hope you shopped up a storm, get anything especially fab??

PinkB, I agree, OMG soooo frickin cold, winter has definately come early At least it bodes well for the ski season! Any idea when you are getting back on the rollercoaster? New protocols or ideas on the table? Just picked up my liquid gold saizen today, think I might pass out when I eventually get the bill for this cycle!

EO, Good luck with encouraging DH with his surfing at the moment, brrrrr! Hope all goes well with your Nk biopsy and it's not too ouchy!

Same goes for all the other gals having it, will be keen to hear what all your results are

Nat, wow still so much happening! Glad to hear all went well with the engagement party and all the best with entertaining 36 kids high on sugar!

MrsDaisy, life also continues for you in the fast lane! All the best with the home loan and July will be here before you know it!
    to all the other Sydneygals, where are my cycle buddies?
    AFM, so am officially 'downregged' and start FSH tomorrow. FS has put me up to 250 puregon from 150 on previous cycles to try and get as many eggies as possible for PGD. Having shocking lucrin headaches, forgot how evil that stuff can be, but don't think syneral is much of a picnic either? I haven't down a long down reg cycle since late 2009 and in fact haven't cycled in 8 months so I think my body is having a bit of a rebellion against all the drugs!

Met with FS last week to talk over cycle and we agreed that if we got less than 3 eggs to day 3 we would not go ahead with the PGD as it wouldn't justify the cost. The downside of that is that it means back to playing russian roulette and putting back only the 'best' looking one or ones and that hasn't worked out so well for us in the past

One other thing to be aware of, do not have your AMH tested while you are on the OCP as it can give a lower result. Wish I had been told this before I had mine tested recently, the ego could seriously have done without it! However there is no denying my AMH is considerably lower than it was this time last year.

How this cycle will turn it is completely unknown...and that's more than a little scary! But it is the 1st time I will have had an EPU since being on DHEA for 8 months, also doing 13 saizen injections!! Really it's all chips in before looking at the ED path...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Gals

Will come back sometime over the weekend and do some personals but for now I read the following on a facebook status today and thought I would share it with you all (of course I have made it my status now!!!).....

This week we remember babies born asleep, or whom we have carried but never met, or those we have held but could not take home, or the ones who made it home but didn't stay. Make this your profile status if you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a baby. The majority of you won't do it, because unlike cancer, baby loss is still a taboo subject. Break the silence. In memory of all lost angels ♥

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Girls,

Yes long time no hear from me - apologies, I do catch up on where everyone has been and everyones news from Iphone, thought I'd drop in (finally) to say hi to all

So theres a few of you out there getting an NK Biopsy - I have no idea what that is or what it's for??? can someone fill me in???

Nat - glad your engagement party was a sucess and G/L with settlement on your house - that's one way to keep you busy from the IVF world!!! Hope AF comes as planned for your FET

Starfish - thanks and hope your is going well - when are you due for your EPU???

Goodhope & Felicita - I'm at WFC and I think IVFA westmead is a private clinic??? Fel - sounds like your very much across the IVF world, which is great!

Pink Butterfly - not sure where you're up to?? heard you had an AMH (my FS advised that I can one as an option - but not compulsary, do you think its worth it???? as I hear alot of girls get results their not happy with..)

EO - G8 news on your ovulation - g/l with your NK 9if I ever work out what that means - lol) next friday - don;t envy u having to use all your leave for IVF appts, procedures etc, I'm lucky enough to have a heap of leave and have to actually take a week off from the 23rd of May as I have toooo much - lol

Ms Daisy - wow, is this this your 1st home loan - good luck with it all!!! and get that thyroid under control!!!

Lindy Lou - hope you're havoing a great time in the US - I am soo jealous, as I am freezing all my bits and pieces off here - i can't stand winter

AFM - had FS appt this week, went through last unsucessful cycle (C grade eggs - UURRRR) wasn't expecting the best anyway. She's outting me back to long cycle, changing from Puregon to Gonal F - heard its just a brand change - any thoughts??? aand increasing the dosage to the max - 450. Switching to pessaries (from Crinone) as I always get AF at about day 8 or 9 ET - so I don't produce enough progesterone. I did ask if my body temperature could effect embryos sticking (as i always feel the cold - runs in my family (womans side) and I've had thyroid checked and all is ok) as I heard your uterus neeeds to be warm for the embryo to stick.....

She's also suggested DH freeze some of his swimmers in the event that on EPU day, the swimmers aren't as good quality - as they may be a little shy on the day - lol, DH asked if he could just have the aspiration (ouch) and FS advised not as good as own sample as only takes from sections???

So looks like we may start again June/July - as its a long cycle, this would mean July/August - as I want my overies to both produce the follies this time round - the last 2 cycles they've collected from only one or the other - strange????

Hope you all enjoy your weekend - once again its freezing...

Thanks
    Reviews

This is the last roll call I could find - so time to update and add on I think

Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    EternalOptimist
    MrsDaisyP
    Lifeonhold
    Lindylou- ICSI ~Jun 11
    Traveler- TTC #2
    25andhopeful
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Nat84u
    Crofty
    Lola77

Cycle Underway