Closed Thread
Page 37 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all I'll have to come back to do personals later, just wanted to quickly answer your question...

Nat84u - Clexane is not subsidised on the PBS for use in IVF. (typical) I have paid $55 for 10 pre-filled injections. However, in one script the pharmacy made an error, and did subsidise it so it was only $35. I am thinking I might go to my GP next time to get a script written - he knows I am on it but doesn't quite understand why. It can be written as a script for 30 injections for blood clots and be subsidised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sydney ladies!

Quartz- hope you're holding up OK . That makes 4 of us getting the NK cell biopsy now, and to think my old FS told me it was not available... so glad I sought a second opinion!

Felicita- Cross reactive memory T cells? Haven't come across those in all my googling and BH lurking! No doubt there's thousands of other factors that can't even be tested for, but I hear prednisone casts a pretty wide net in what it can suppress. Thanks for the heads up on peeing alot! I think its amazing you still consider yourself fairly new to IVF given your previous attempts and false starts, you seem to have a very positive attitude and that will serve you well .

Regarding clexane, I've seen it written in other threads that people buy needles that diabetics use, and transfer their clexane into one of those immediately before injection. Some debate has occurred, but as long as you get it into your body, I don't see why this would be a problem. The thought of a blunt needle is terrifying to me, so I'd use a sharper alternative if I could.

Bubs4kylee- I saw in the June thread that your cycle was cancelled . I hope your FS can tweak your protocol so you get to EPU next time. Or better yet, DTD and catch that nice big follie yourself! One of my cycle buddies from last year had a natural miracle from doing exactly that

Starf1sh- it seems Dr S has made quite a name for himself in the NK cell area, I had already heard of him from BH and my FS spoke highly of him. Yay for jabbing! Grow eggies, grow!

PinkB- wow, what a huge compliment from your FS, telling you to write a book! Sorry to hear your AMH has dropped , but if Dr S says its still possible, isn't that a good sign? Do you have plans to cycle anytime soon?

EO- hehe, good to know I'm not the only one gagging on the taste of those herbs, they are vile! I'll be happy to compare notes, just PM me whenever you want. You'll be having your biopsy well ahead of me, mine isn't til the 9th of June. Hope your body behaves and O's when it should!

Hi to Nat, Kelbelle, Crofty and all you MIA girls (come out & say Hi if you're lurking!!).

AFM- I survived 3 flights and 27 hrs in transit to get to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I'm in a very nice room at the Hilton hotel, overlooking the Mississippi river. You'd think a fancy hotel like this would have a bar fridge in the room, but nope, there's none! My Sharkey's herbs have to stay refrigerated so I have to use the champagne ice bucket and top up the ice everyday. It also means I can't buy yoghurts and keep them in my room for brekky, bugger! I suppose they want you to use room service or the hotel restaurant for every meal... Had a rest day today and start my first inspection tomorrow at a place where they produce the gas that is pumped into humidicribs for premmies (yes its imported from the USA, who'd have thought??). So far the locals have been lovely, but I'm terrified of getting the tipping etiquette wrong and offending someone. Us Aussies have a rep for being bad tippers over here .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all just a quick hello trying to catch up with everyones news - yes been MIA - appologies

Had another failed cycle (bad lead up with multiple trips to the dentist) got FS appt next Thursday but were going to have a couple of months break as well

Take care everyone and will catch up from laptop soon xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly and lindylou78
    Re: prednisolone, increased peeing and adrenal glands taking a holiday

The adrenal gland holiday is why you must taper off the prednisolone drug instead of stopping cold turkey. Dropping all the steroids suddenly can lead to very nasty (i.e. fatal) heart arrhythmias due to electrolyte imbalances which are somewhat related to the peeing effect.

The taper I was prescribed (for coming off 20 mg daily) is each week to lower the dosage by 5 mg. Normal peeing returned when I was 4 or 5 days into the 10 mg dosage.
    Last edited by felicita; 07-05-2011 at 08:38. Reason: change made for clarity

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (08-05-2011),SimpsonDesert  (07-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mrs

Hi girls,

I am not in Sydney, one friend told me Dr. Graeme Hughes from ivfaustalia is good FS. Does anybody here know anything about him? As long as he is a good FS, no matter where, we can go.
    Many thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Goodhope,
    I am with IVFA (although Dr Hughes is not my FS). I have heard positive reports about him from the acupuncture clinic attached to IVFA Maroubra. Not sure what your issues are but if they are MFI I hear he makes all his blokes go swimming regularly to keep their "boys" cool and prescribes drinking a glass of red wine a day for the antioxidants Good luck with your decision, are you planning on moving to Sydney?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish –How is your cycling going? I hope all well

Lindylou – so impressed you are keeping in touch with us from overseas.
    Hope you are having a great trip. Sending many many huge hugs for Mothers day ( i read your post on Starfish’s thread yesterday). I hope you do get plenty of shopping done – great with the US dollar being so low too! Yes Dr S says its still possible for us – hope thats not giving us false hope! I am now again at the mercy of CD2 testing to see how my FSH is travelling and if good might do an antagonist cycle – hopefully all my eggs aren’t overcooked yet!

Crofty – sorry about your recent cycle – a break from IVF is always so re-vitalising

Felicita – thanks for your info – you sound like you work in the medical field!

Bubs4kylee – hope you are going ok with your cycle

EO – how are you going – hopefully having a great break from all things IVF. Good luck for your NK biopsy

Hope you are all keeping warm – has been freezing after that beautiful sunny weekend

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Gee it sure is cold in Sydney the last few days. I have had to break out the flanny pj’s.

Lindylou: How’s the US going darl. Once you get back you will be straight into your next cycle . Exciting times ahead. Are you doing the long down reg or the antagonist this time? I can’t wait to see the good results all this Sharleys stuff has made, I am CERTAIN it would of because nothing that tastes that bad would voluntarily be taken for no reason .

Felicita: So funny that you wrote you felt like you were an amateur with IVF, I have seen some of your posts lately and you seriously know your stuff with the immune aspects . I think I will definitely be running all my questions about this past you in future.

Starfish: How is your cycle going darl? Delia also told us that story about Dr Hughes with the wine and swimming, must admit I have been “encouraging”: DH to go surfing as much as possible lately to see if this makes a difference. Not sure how long this will last for given how cold it’s been lately and its coming into winter. He has used the wine as a great excuse to have a glass or two a few nights a week, especially since last cycle I made him give up all together.

PinkButterfly: I think its great Dr S is saying you still have a chance, I am sure form what I have read about him that he wouldn’t give out false hope at all. So are you doing another cycle again now hon or waiting this cycle out for your FSH tests? My FSH on my last cycle was 7.4, not sure if that’s good or bad but it was the first time out of 5 cycles that I had been told what it was.

Quartz: How are you going darl?

Crofty: Big hugs hon, it doesn’t get any easier no matter how many BFN’s we see. Enjoy your break, I am on one at the moment as well and was really worried about much time would drag but it’s been awesome not to have to worry about IVF for the past 6 weeks.

Goodhope: Sorry I can’t help out with Dr Hughes, but I too have heard he really looks into MFI and the diet/lifestyle aspects of it all unlike other FS. Good luck with your journey.

Bubs4kylee: How are you going darl? Hope you’re able to get back into your next cycle straight away.

Hi Tarveller, Nat and MrsDairsP, how are you ladies going?

AFM: I have had two BT and a scan to monitor my O, its CD 14 and I am still a few days off O’ing yet (Dominant follicle 13mm and lining 4.9mm). Hoping it happens soon as I have to wait 10 days after for the biopsy and I have a big work conference coming up that is interstate so if its later than 6 days it will fall dead smack when I need to be away. Still enjoying the break from IVF, its already been 6 weeks since our last cycle, it feels like it has gone so quick already. It was funny casue yesterday when I went for my scan and BT at the clinic, the minute I got into the clinic I could feel my body clench up and get nervous just being in that place, absolutely no reason to but it just goes to show how that place makes me feel and I am not even doing a cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    goodhope - We are with IVFA (Westmead). We chose our FS from his IVFA website profile and are happy with him. He referred DH to another IVFA doctor (City clinic) for MFI when it became apparent that our problems were more difficult than getting sperm by needle biopsy. We were very happy with that second FS too although the problem turned out to be so bad that we don't need to go to him anymore.

PinkButterfly and EternalOptimist - I've done a science degree (biotechnology), but now I just dabble a bit from home as a maths and science tutor. I like understanding things from the bottom up and I like explaining things so that hopefully other people can understand them too.
    I know some basic immunology from uni, but the stuff I know in detail (e.g. http://www.nature.com/icb/journal/v8...cb200265a.html) isn't highly relevant to IVF.

EO - Regarding FSH, I happened to ask my FN about that roughly one hour before you posted when I saw my CD2 FSH was 8.6. Last cycle it was 5 point something.
    For day 2 at my clinic they like FSH to be under 8, but aren't concerned until it gets to around 13.
    Oh, and not forgetting this link http://www.advancedfertility.com/day3fsh.htm provided by PinkButterfly back on page 34.
    Last edited by felicita; 10-05-2011 at 17:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty- sorry it was a failed cycle this time. When is the luck in this thread going to turn around? Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if we're all cursed!

Felicita- Like you, I have to understand the theory behind things. I did a BSc too, but Chem major. Biotech makes my head spin, some of my colleagues worked in that field and the cell therapy lingo is out of my league!

Starf1sh- thanks again for the lovely post on Mothers Day, such a nice gesture . So glad its over for another year. Now to work on a BFP so next year I'll be opening presents instead of the waterworks! Hows jabbing going? Have you got a BT & U/S soon?

PinkB- don't give me too much credit for posting from USA... I have free wifi and everytime I fire up the laptop to start work, I end up bludging on BH instead . I'm a world class procrastinator lol. Thanks for the hugs, its nice to have some support here in tough times. Good luck with FSH testing!

EO- USA is going good! While you lot are freezing, I'm in shorts & t-shirt enjoying the high 20's/low 30's of Missouri . Yes it will be full steam ahead when I get home, our first nurse is appt is 4hrs after I land back in Syd! I hope O happens ASAP and you can get your biopsy before the work trip, sucks when that window suddenly shrinks and makes you panic. Your physical reaction to the clinic sounds scary, but totally understandable. So easy to have a negative association to that place.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- I'm now in St Louis, and my hotel is directly opposite a super-sized strip mall. Most shops are open til 9pm every night, which is great for me . I spent up a fair bit Sun afternoon, the clothes are very cheap and the variety is awesome. I can die happy now because... *drumroll please*... I've finally been to Walmart! O.M.G!! Its like a Woolworths, Big W, Priceline and Flower Power all rolled into one. Except the stuff is nicer and the prices are ridiculous. In WW I pay $6 for a 10pk of Hot Choc sachets, here the 10pk is $1.30. Jim Beam is $24 for 1.75L. Bananas are $1/kg (not old spotty ones either). Today for lunch I ordered a loaded baked potato, it was $7 and the potato was the size of a small rockmelon . I got 2 meals out of that. Sorry to babble on, but the sheer magnitude of stuff is unreal. I was warned 'everything is big in America', and boy is it ever!