Closed Thread
Page 36 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Felicita- Thanks for your info on the NK biopsy, snuggling up with a heat pack on the couch sounds good to me. Handy to be getting the test in winter! I really do hope things work out on the last cycle with your current donor's sperm, I hear there are slim pickings for anonymous donors in NSW. Or does your clinic import it from overseas?

Kellbelle- isn't it strange how the FS' seem to be divided on the whole NK cell thing? Even at the same clinic. My FS is Dr Reid and he said another FS (Dr Sacks) is very pro-NK cell testing and does lots of research on it. Sounds like lots of probing and prodding ahead for you, hope the procedures go smoothly and give you the answers you need. If you're sure you won't need the cetrotide I may be interested... I'll wait & see if its included in the cost of my cycle or if its extra. If its extra, I'd rather give that money to a fellow IVFer than to the clinic!

Bubs4kylee- keep us posted on your scan results today!

Quartz- a million hugs to you. Can't believe this has happened again . I hope you got through your D&C as well as can be expected, and the testing sheds some light on your losses. My heart breaks for you & your DH

Nat- we're having a trifecta of NK cell biopsies in here with you, EO & I. Looks like the 3 of us will be cycle buddies too! How exciting that your party is only a week away , hope its a fantastic night for you & your DF!

EO- hows the herb swilling going? Do you hold your nose to swallow them? Our second lot of bottles just arrived, perfect timing as what was left in the first one wouldn't last me while I'm away for work. I was getting worried DH would have to FedEx them to me in America! My suitcase is gonna be quite full with my herbs and all my meds & supplements... I'm taking the original packs so Customs know exactly what I'm bringing & hopefully save hassles.

PinkB- Definitely have to credit BH for what I know about IVF ! I'd be lost without it. Like you said, I wish I didn't have to know any of the complexities, just DTD at the right time and voila- UTD! Wow, your friend sure is lucky... I know someone very much like that who just gave birth to twins at 40. Always a bitter pill to swallow when it comes so easily to others. It feels great stepping out of the salon after some pampering, I get annoyed the next day though when I can't replicate what the hairdresser did! Good luck with the AMH results today

Starf1sh- not long til you start jabbing now!

Have a great weekend all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your messages - where would we be without the wonderful support on BH! All went well today, I was first in so home by 11am so now just a little sore and sleepy but glad it is over and I don't have to wait 6 weeks like last time for it to happen naturally. I go back in 3 weeks for results. I will also have to have a NK biopsy - so am glad there are a few of you that will be filled with info on it!! Will get to some personals when I'm not on my phone. Hope you all have a nice weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz - I'm so sorry for you having to go through this again. Hopefully the tests will be able to provide some information for you.

PinkButterfly - I've been on the DHEA for about 3 months now. My last cycle when I'd been on it for about 1 month was the worst egg collection yet - only 3 mature eggs, plus 1 immature and 1 thing that wasn't an egg at all. Here's hoping that was just natural variation and not my body hating the DHEA.

lindylou78 - The thing that surprises me most about the different FS attitudes towards NK cells and immunological barriers to successful pregnancy is that I haven't heard anyone say anything about cross-reactive memory T cells. Perhaps it's not a very likely event. In any case, prednisolone should dampen down that reaction too. The worst side-effect I get from it is feeling permanently angry. It also gets a little annoying having to pee so frequently because the high total level of steroids (particularly prednisolone and progesterone) make your adrenal glands decide they don't need to add any more to the mix so they take a holiday and stop telling your kidneys to reclaim water.

And I've no idea where the clinic sources its sperm. What little I know came from bubhub, where someone said that they use local sperm, but that you may choose to import your own into the clinic so long as it complies with Australian rules. It took a year to get to the top of the list, so at least it's not at a standstill (or it wasn't 18 months ago ...).

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

Just a quick update from me as am at work and probably should be doing some. (bloody shift work). Will post some personals at home later.....

Ok so I went for scan yesterday. I was very excited as on a new drug and higher dose so I thought it would be all systems go, BUT I only had ONE decent sized follicle. Can you believe just one! I mean dont you have one normally when your not pumped up with IVF drugs? I am on the max dose of Gonal F (450) and I have one follicle at 18mm. I did have a lot of smaller ones around the 6mm mark. It looked like around 12? So instead on EPU on Monday, I have to go for another scan. Which means the one good one will be wasted. My FS is hoping that the others will mature.(aaargh hoping)
    If they are still not mature enough on Monday they will give me more medication and scan again on Wedneday.
    They have booked me in for a scan on wednesday morning as well. So it looks like EPU will be Friday 6 May. They cant hold it off any longer than that.
    I sort of knew this would probably be the case because the last two times I have done EPU I always went on cycle day 18. And next saturday 7 May will be cycle day 18.
    My FS is putting me on extra progesterone as well after EPU. Two crinone a day and two pessaries a day. Only thing is that they supply the pessaries for 15 days afterwards but then if I get a BFP I have to stay on pessaries til 10 weeks of pregnancy. I will also have to pay for the medication after the 15 days and they vary in price by about $8-12 a day. Im ok with that if it gives me a BFP. But not a fan of putting two cones in a day for 10 weeks. YUK!
    Anywho that was way too much babbbling from me. Just thought I would update my progress. Sorry to bore you if I have....
    Lets just hope my stubborn bloody follicles shift into gear and grow!

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am at present.

Oh yer I have a tip - If you put the orgalutran in fridge (although not required to do so) it goes into your subcutaneous alot better.

cheers to all Kylee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou, thanks for your thoughts and reminding me to look on the other side I am really struggling with the positivity at the moment. Too much disappointment has visited our household in recent years but yes getting a natural BFP at all was a miracle after years of TTC. Have a great trip to the US and before you know it you'll back on the IVF train again and in fantastic position for a BFP!!

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou78 View Post
    - isn't it strange how the FS' seem to be divided on the whole NK cell thing? Even at the same clinic.
    I agree!! Isn't it amazing how FS can be divided on almost all IVF issues! Protocols, immune issues, the validity of AMH levels etc etc.

Good luck to all the girls having NK cell testing . Dr Sacks is my (and PinkB's) FS and he does put a lot of stead in AMH levels as indicative of how much time a woman might have to use her own eggs but of course this does not give any info about quality. NK cells is also his pet project and was about the 1st thing he tested me for when I started with him (when my previous FS was reluctant to do any testing at all beyond intial bloods!) I had my biopsy done at same time as lap/hysteroscopy under GA so can't comment on pain level (I also tested negative).

Pink, Yep, doesn't a makeover make you feel like a new woman! Any news hon? I am seeing Dr S Thursday.

Quartz, glad to hear the D&C went smoothly Let us know how you go with results. The 1st one I had was inconclusive (46XX so they were unable to tell if the tissue was from me or the baby). The 2nd came back with clear chromosomal probs (69XXX and unbalanced chromosomes on 13 and 21) but this has ultimately been helpful for us to make decisions about how to proceed.

Welcome Bubs4kylee. Sounds like your FS has decided to sacrifice the lead follie and go for the other little ones coming along. I have had longer stims at times than planned for exactly this reason. It is always a balance of getting the most mature eggs possible. I'll be crossing my fingers for you there is more action by tomorrow and you end up with some lovely mature eggies!

Nat, hope your engagement party is everything you hope for!

Kelbelle, any idea when your colonoscopy will be? Quite a bit of prodding and probing coming up for you but hope it gives you all the answers you need for a successful cycle

Felicita, Wow long hard road to get here also Welcome. All the best with moving forward with blue eyed DS!

Melrose, how are you doing? Sending

to anyone I've missed.

AFM, start jabbing tonight on what feels like the world's longest... long down reg cycle things should definitely pick up the pace from here!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 01-05-2011 at 11:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz – sending hugs, glad all went ok for you. Hope your tests give you more info.

Starfish – Wooohooooo for jabbing – things should pick up from here. Sending extra special egg growing vibes your way. Good luck for your appt on Thursday.

Felicita – hope DHEA makes a difference for you, glad your FS was proactive in putting you on it. Your explanation about prednisone causing increased peeing has explained alot to me!!

Bubs4kylee – how frustrating for you!! Hope you have some more follies jumping into action by Wednesdays scan

Lindylou – yeh, so much info I wish I didn’t know – FS told me this week I should write a book – hilarious! I think I have been on the net too much

Have a great trip o/seas.

Hi to all the other sydney ladies How cold is it today after yesterdays lovely sunshine!

AFM – well AMH has dropped again, it held up at 5 for over a year so wasn’t too surprised – its now 2.7 – which is low. Handled it all OK as to be honest was expecting it to be zero. FS thinks its still possible – who knows???. Feels so hard to watch time and eggs slip through my fingers right in front of me – I’m sure we all feel like that. Keep reminding myself that not many people get their AMH tested so regularly so probably don’t know how its tracking. Not giving up but trying to keep it realistic – easier said than done!!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou: Yep spot on, there is no way I would be able to swallow that horrid stuff without holding my nose. Why do herbs have to be so gross. I will type up the list of instructions etc I was given and send them to you so you can compare it to what your taking. Its probably very similar, give or take some small things. Great idea about keeping your packaging going through Customs, they would have a great time interrogating why you need to take so much stuff and what’s in it. Hope you have a fab trip darl.

Quartz: Oh hon, I can’t believe this has happened to you again, my heart truly goes out to you. Hope your doing OK after your procedure. Good to know your FS is doing some investigations for you that can give you some answers. There looks like a few of us all having the NK biopsy this month, we can all compare our notes.

Felicita: I hope this cycle with the DHEA will make a huge difference for you. I have read that its best to be taken for more than three months. Very interesting about the donor sperm, they have pretty strict incubation periods for it to make sure it doesn’t contain any diseases so that may contribute to the wait times. Its very impressive that your known donor would go through the TESA for you in order to give you and your DH a donation, pitty it wasn’t better quality and you didn’t have to go through so many failed cycles.

Nat: Hope you had a fantastic engagement party and got lots of nice pressies. Goodluck with the Clexane injections, I have heard they are very painful due to the size of the syringe. There is a really good thread on BH about techniques for giving that needle to reduce the bruising and pain that goes along with it. Yay for being able to do another FET, so exciting with your new protocol.

Bubs4kylee: Hope your going well with your injections darl. How did your scan go today? Its awesome news they are giving you extra support after your transfer although pitty about the cost of them. It sucks everything with IVF is damn expensive.

Kelbelle: Who is your FS? He sounds very much like mine. It’s only cause I threw a tantrum after this last failed cycle that he has agreed to let me do the biopsy. I have tried for about 8 months to get him to just give me the Prednisone but he refuses, very conservative. Awesome you were able to leave work and decrease your stress levels, I have read a lot of research that states stress can build up in your body for three months prior to a cycle which can affect your cycle outcome, so hopefully your nice break will be just what you need to get your BFP.

Pinkkbutterfly: Oh hon, sorry to hear about your results. It does make it more difficult that we know so much about this journey. It’s a double edged sword, I feel good knowing the info, but then again I don’t want to know as others TTC naturally would have no idea about these things or ever need to research them.

Starfish: Yay for starting to jab darl, it does feel like a pretty long cycle compared to most other down reg’s. I bet it will go quick for you now, given its finally started and your on track for it all. I can’t wait to hear about each of your steps. I always feel like its kind of a cookie cutter approach when I do my cycle, but your cycle seems so “customised”, I can’t wait to hear all the good news at each step of the way.

AFM: Just drinking my herbs, waiting for ovulation and hanging out. Not too much to report. Our FS made a comment to DH in or appt with him last month that he doesn’t need to make any changes to his alcohol consumption so DH has been having 2-3 glasses of red a few times each week. Makes me really nervous as I feel he needs to be having NONE.

Sounds like lots of us girls having the NK biopsy this month, will be good to go through this will you all and have someone to talk to about it, we can then compare notes and treatment plans. I am with SIVF so will let you know my Biopsy date in case anyone else is having there’s, we can say hi in the clinic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (09-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO - I don't suppose you're able to provide a link to the Clexane technique thread are you? I had a brief search but didn't find it.
    I didn't find the size of the needle to be the problem - it's seems to be the size as the orgalutran needle - but the wings for putting your fingers under when you press the plunger with your thumb are so small as to almost be nonexistent, and the plunger itself is bendy plastic and difficult to get started so that sometimes I have to let go of my skin fold to use two hands on the syringe. Also, I find the clexane solution hurts a little from the moment you start depressing the plunger and for minutes thereafter (by way of comparison: I find orgalutran itchy but not painful, and don't even notice the Gonal-F).

And here I was planning to post at some point that you're all putting me ahead of myself and that we haven't had a long journey or tried very many IVF variations - just testicular biopsy and then microdissection, fresh eggs, frozen eggs, ICSI with and without digital high magnification, NK cell blood test and biopsy, hysteroscopy, karyotyping (I now have proof I'm female ), DHEA, prednisolone, clexane, long down reg, short antagonist, donor sperm, single and double emby transfers, and now acupuncture.
    But really I still feel new to IVF - we've only done three transfers (5 embys). I'm only going to be up to my fifth stim now because we've never had anything to freeze for a FET and IVF#0 was cancelled after egg collection.
    According to an online pregnancy predictor a generic woman with similar stats to me has a 40% chance of IVF working on each try, which means that even if nothing's wrong then one out of every five women will need more than three transfers to get their BFP. So I'm not in rare company there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita,
    I have a thrombophilia so have used clexane for all my transfers....unfortunately well acquainted with it! This is a post I wrote a while ago that you might find helpful if you can't locate the other thread...

clexane tends to be a stingy-er (not a word but you get my drift ) injection than any of the others, and slightly thicker needle (so grab a good handful of flesh if you've got some!) I would definately recommend drawing the plunger back slightly before depressing it, makes it that much easier to inject. Don't worry too much about the air bubble (and don't try to get it out like you are supposed to with all other injections, which is what I did the first time I did it!). Some websites say you should inject the bubble last to minimise bruising but I say any which way you can get that sucker in, do it! Unfortunately, bruising seems to be inevitable when starting out with clexane. Also, initially it can be helpful to ice the injection area before (and after if you like) while you're getting the hang of it, reduces the initial discomfort of putting the needle in and said to minimise bruising also. Good luck, you'll be a pro in no time!

HTH

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

felicita  (02-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies... Quick question.

I'll be using Clexane for my next transfer too, regardless of my NK test results as my blood always clots then I miscarry..

Is it expensive? How much do you pay for it?