Closed Thread
Page 35 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Felicita: It sucks that AF never wants to play the right way when we are waiting for her, yet when we don’t want to see her, BANG there she is smack on time or early. We are in a similar situation to you, DH has no sperm in his ejaculate and were told by FS that we would get heaps of great quality at the aspiration. We have done two aspirations, 9 months apart and literally only found 20-50 sperm at each procedure and the quality is 5hit. Does your know donor have a vasectomy to have to have to aspiration to retrieve his donation? I hope this is the cycle for you, on the other hand it must be pretty exciting knowing that if it doesn’t work you are ready to go with the anonymous donor and have a better chance of it working. Do you do the long or short cycles? A few of us ladies on here have MFI issues so it’s a great place to share our info.

Bubs4kylee: Hi darl, we cycled together in March. How are you feeling this time around? All the best for your BT and scan on Friday. Let us know how you go with your results on Friday.

AFM: AF showed up last night, finally so now we can do our biopsy. I am going to be very intrigued to see what the results come back as. For those ladies that have had the biopsy for the NK cells, silly question, does it hurt? My FS advised it is done in the clinic but with no sedation and to just take 2 panadol before the procedure. That doesn’t sound enough if I am having my lining clipped………

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Felicita- welcome to our thread! Sounds like its been a rough road for you and your DH so far. My DH has MFI too, but we are lucky that he has some swimmers in his ejaculate to do ICSI with. I hope your golden embie comes along in your upcoming cycle , and c'mon AF- don't be a tease!

EO- I haven't left yet , going on Monday. Glad your consultation with Sharkeys went well, nice to hear other people having a positive experience with them. We aren't doing the specific pre-IVF program, but they know we are doing IVF again soon. Wonder how much different the formulas are anyway? Yay for AF showing up and getting the ball rolling with your biopsy! I'd also be worried that panadol won't cut it when you're having the procedure... I was reading in another thread that a local anaesthetic was used for one lady and it was still uncomfortable with that. Hopefully someone who's done it can reassure you.

Bubs4kylee- Hi and welcome! Thanks for making the transition from lurker to member . Its always exciting to have someone in the middle of a cycle here, I haven't cycled since last Nov so I have to live vicariously through you lovely ladies . Best of luck for BT & U/S, hope you've got a nice batch of eggs growing away.

Quartz- really hoping you've got good news to post from your scan today

Crofty- hope you are well, where are you up to now?

Mrs Daisy- any updates on your thyroid levels? Hope they have stabilised.

Nat- have you had your engagement party yet?

Hi to Starf1sh, PinkB, Traveler, Lifeonhold, Kellbelle and anyone I've missed

AFM- met my new FS yesterday afternoon and he was everything I'd hoped for & more!! We've officially signed up to do our next cycle with SIVF, which if my body behaves will be starting around the 14th June . It seems so surreal to have a start date after all this time doing nothing! Before the cycle begins we are doing the tests that I originally requested from my old FS and got turned down. For me it will be a lap, hysteroscopy and NK biopsy (all at once). I'm already booked for the 9th June and fortunately I'll be under general anaesthetic, so won't feel any of it . For DH it will be the DNA fragmentation test. I can't tell you how good it feels to have an FS that's willing to dig deeper and turn over all those stones! He actually made me feel good that I'd done so much research into what tests I wanted and he felt they were all justified given the number of cycles we've had. I'm all excited now and really optimistic that we'll get our BFP soon .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, our donor had a vasectomy about 25 years ago. After the first round we started using digital high magnification. So on the later rounds we've learned there's only one dozen sperm without vacuoles at the most in each vial. Unfortunately, the time I had more eggs than good sperm they didn't thaw another vial, but used a couple of dodgy fellas instead. They now have explicit instructions to thaw them all if they need to.

It's half exciting feeling ready for anonymous donor. I feel a little bit like a traitor for having realistic expectations about the likelihood of it working with this donor. But I still get excited every transfer. Also, our FS has said we aren't to look through anonymous donor profiles yet and the only non-negotiable item DH has is blue eyes so that the decision to tell remains ours, instead of having our child's entire class find out during genetics lessons. Using donor isn't a secret as such, but avoiding all the questions about what colour eyes the milkman has will just make things a lot easier. But I worry that while we're still waiting maybe the last blue-eyed donor in all the world will pass us by.

My very first stim was long down reg so that we could get the timing right for when the andrologist was available for DH. The next three cycles (and the upcoming one) were all short cycles.

Regarding the NK cell biopsy - I had mine under general anaesthesia during a hysteroscopy. When I woke up I had medium/strong abdomen and thigh cramps like AF starting. The nurse gave me a heat pack and the cramps went away within half an hour and I was right as rain thereafter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - I too, was stalking this thread for awhile before joining in. Seems like it has been a long road for you also, to be up to your 5th stim.

Lindylou - I too am very happy with SIVF, although you must be seeing another FS, as mine doesn't believe in testing for NK cells. I think knowing they are looking for a reason makes it easier to continue on, the reason I left Westmead is because they wouldn't do any testing.

Eternal Optimist - Hope all goes well with your NK cells testing. As I said above, my FS does not want to put me on prednisone, even if I was to test positive, and I am already doing the clexane after transfer. I'm not sure if it is better that I know that I have it or not. As Pinkbutterfly said, she wishes her fertility knowledge was limited to having sex around ovulation. Me too...

In regards to the accupuncture, I thought as this will probably be our last go that I would try it. I'm sorry it didn't give you the BFP we all want. Best of all, I see a GP, so it is covered by medicare, and my first visit only cost me about $3, as I have already spent over the threshold. I can only try. He is at Northmead if anyone else it interested. If I had to go to a private clinic, I couldn't afford it.

Bubs4Kylee - hope all goes well for your scan tomorrow.

Starfish - I think it's great for you to take a week off leading up to EPU. Life is always so rushed when trying to make appointments and get to work.

AFM - I have seen my bowel surgeon and he will do the equivalent of a colonoscopy to make sure everything is OK. Then I will go ahead with hysteroscopy with FS and then start the pill after that. So I am probably awhile from starting yet. I am getting my head around this probably being our last cycle, but trying not to focus too much on it, as I don't want it to cause stress...I actually left work to get away from the stress! I am working part time and feel like a different person now.

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter, I must go and start a roast, or it will be such a late dinner.

If anyone needs a box of Cetrotide, I have one here expiring in Aug. I will be using Gonal F next cycle and won't need it.

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    On iPhone so will be short.
    I can't thank you all enough for your well wishes.
    My estrogen is rising alot better this time round and by Friday arvo I should know how many follicles I have and what day is EPU after scan and BT. Have accupuncture tomorrow at maroubra and that's always calming.

My middle name is may so I'm hoping it brings good vibes for cycle 3.

Hugs to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!!

I'm finally doing a post from my laptop instead of my iphone so I can do some personals..

Bubs4kylee - GREAT news that things are looking better this time around. Fingers crossed for some nice juicy follies in Fridays scan!

Kelbelle - I'm with SIVF too, and getting a NK cell biopsy too. But I'll be using Clexane regardless of the results, so I'm not even sure if theres any point knowing or not! Hope all goes well with your upcoming tests

Felicita - I haven't said my hellos to you yet! Welcome to the Sydney thread

Lindylou78 - My engagement party is on next Sat 7th May.. I'm getting nervous! It's great that you finally have a start date after all this... And the day before my birthday! It's got to be lucky

EternalOptimist - Yay for AF showing up! Mine showed up on Sunday and I'm getting an NK cell biopsy this cycle too... I'm wondering too how much it will hurt! (If any at all). I have to take Clomid so the FS can pinpoint ovulation and then the NK cell test will be 7-10 days after that.

Hi to everyone I missed... Hope you are all well!!

AFM - AF started on Sunday (I brought it on with the Pill, cause I'm SO impatient ) So I'm taking Clomid to bring on ovulation, then a NK cell biopsy for me! Then I can start a FET with my next period. I'll be having daily Clexane injections from FET day till 12 weeks pregnant (assuming I get a BFP) regardless of the NK cell results.. I just HOPE this works. I can't handle another miscarriage. I've had MORE than my fair share of the nasty things. Engagement party next Saturday, and then the settlement date for our house is the 24th May. So slowly getting closer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just a quick one from me - have had a horrible day!
    Scan this morning once again showed no heartbeat - am so over this!!!! FS has acted very quickly and booked me in for a D&C tomorrow, which is stressing me as I have never had any type of surgery. He will then have the tissue tested for chromosome abnormalities. So all in all a very bad day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Quartz, honey I am so so sorry That is just awful news, and my heart goes out to you. I have had 2 D&C's and they were both really straight forward from a physical point of view and AF came back about 6 weeks later both times. Happy to answer any more questions you may have about it. Please take really good care of yourself and let your DH take care of you over the next little while. I also hope you get some answers from the karyotyping of the tissue which will be useful to you for your future path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz – I am so so sorry to hear this terrible news, this is not fair, sending huge hugs to you. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. My D&C recovery was fine from a physical point of view too. take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou – great news about your new FS – such a relief when they listen to you and do the tests you want – I found if nothing else but for peace of mind. My FS commented on my Ivf knowledge too....We have to thank bubhub and dr google for that!!!! I am sure your BFP is on its way v.soon too!

Kellebelle – sounds like you have a good plan. Glad working part time is making a difference for you!

Bubs4kylee – welcome and good luck for your cycle, glad all going well

EO – good luck for the NK biopsy – I had mine under a general with lap etc but had no tummy pain the next day – had more trouble with wind pains from the lap. I agree Dr Sher is amazing – i have been doing so much reading since you gave me the website – seriously fascinating! Thanks again! Your vow to go without chocolate for a year is inspiring!!

Felicita – glad you are joining us. Far out you have been through a fair bit already. Glad your FS is being proactive with DHEA, clexane and pred – thats great! How long have u been on the DHEA for?

Nat – have a wonderful engagement party – I am sure you will have a lovely night. Good luck for your NK biopsy and glad your FS is being thorough and looking at causes of your miscarriages. I am sure it will help you toward your sticky BFP

Starfish – yeh i think once you have down regged they can’t do accurate day 2 bloods. Thanks for your positivity about my AMH – so good to hear a low AMH natural miracle – my GP has seen a few too which is always encouraging. Your recent natural BFP is a good sign for you too i believe! How is your cycle going? Have u had your appt with DrS yet? Quote....“As for 'other options' I know what you mean, those conversations are really hard but I have come to realise you never know what you'll do until confronted with the situation Xx

So true Starfish, absolutely couldn’t agree more!

AFM – Both DH and I pretty nervous about the getting the old AMH result tomorrow, its not likely to have gone up so preparing for the worst. Our eggs haven’t been great the last 2 cycles so petrified FS will say its game over for us. Meanwhile today when I was having a lovely day not thinking about IVF stuff I ran into a friend who is 40, has two young girls and just found out she accidentally is pregnant again ......with twins – far out – I’m happy for her of course -but as always I find it confronting hearing about such highly fertile people. Had my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes done this week so at least I don’t feel as old as my ovaries ..........well for now!!!!