Closed Thread
Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat84u: Life has been busy for you! Congrats on the house. What a wonderful thing to happen. Here's some from me to complete the picture.
    Quartz: I hope everything is coming along smoothly and you're feeling well. It's so nice to have a positive outcome

Kelbelle: Welcome. Here's some to get you started.

Hello to everyone I've missed. Been busy but I've been reading all the updates and wish you all .

AFM: I am quite confused. I was put on Eutroxsig last week by the Endocrinologist for my thyroid, as TSH was at 5.08 (too high) a month ago. I've been told unless I get it down to 1.5-2.5 I can't do IVF/ICSI. So I started with these pills last Tuesday. and they make me have tacchcardia, anxiety, etc. So the endocrinologist did a blood test and my TSH is down to 2.9. I mean how did that happen on its own???
    Looks like we won't be starting IVF anyway until we get back from our long awaited honeymoon. So an August start to it. Blah!
    I haven't even gotten into the starting gates yet . It is seriously making me question if I should be doing this at all.

Daisy

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsDaisyP - I can't explain your thyroid results...it does seem strange. Has your Dr given you any answers as to why? If it has 'magically' fixed itself, then there is hope that other miracles can happen too. Just my thoughts... Also you question whether to be doing this at all...I think we all have these thoughts at some time, but we all are looking at the end result, and if it all works out the way we want we will quickly forget about all the setbacks.

Lindylou - Whilst I wasn't actively TTC (charting etc) since Oct 04, it's when we stopped using any protection. I think the FS is being very honest when suggesting this should be our last cycle with him. He made a very valid point about us becoming obsessed, and before we know it, our adult life has passed us by. We have been offered counselling to help us. However, if I want to continue (if needed) I'm not sure I would want to go elsewhere, but it is an option. I hope your endo appt goes well.

Quartz - Hope you are feeling well and enjoying the holidays

Nat4u - Congratulations on buying the house and awesome weight loss

AFM - My FS rang me the other night to discuss having the hysteroscopy with D&C. And yesterday he answered my email regarding a question I forgot to ask. We are going to do the hysteroscopy before I start the pill. However I am seeing my colorectal surgeon next week to see if he will have a look inside the bowel and check for inflammation which the FS says is present. I also went to another Dr today to have accupuncture. I saw him 2 years ago when I had migraines on the Synarel and they always disappeared within a few minutes, despite me being sceptical. So I am going to give it a try. He fixed a hard lump that was on my tummy today, and we also need to fix my poor circulation and uterus. He insisted I have nothing cold, only warm/hot foods or room temp drinks. 'The uterus needs to be warm and cosy for the baby' were his words! He isn't promising anything but has offered me some hope even after one appointment, and being a GP, he understands modern medicine too

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!

I've been popping in and out of here a fair bit lately (mainly only stalking, but occassionaly posting), but I have a question about Westmead that I was hoping someone could answer.

I have my referral for Westmead, but I can't be seen until June/July (and that is with Dr Smith I assume as I don't have to pay, but that is why there is a long wait).

To my understanding, some of the Dr's you can pay to see earlier. I would appreciate it if anyone would be able to tell me how much you paid to see a certain doctor, and how long you had to wait.
    The question didn't occur to me while I was making the appointment

The gyno I have been seeing is waiting for DH's new SA results and my 21 day progesterone results, but from what he has seen and heard so far, he is suggesting we do ICSI.

Thanks

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney baby: Sorry can’t help out on the Westmead Q as we are with SIVF. We paid $375 to see our FS and had to wait 8 weeks for the first appointment, now that we are his patient, he dose phone appointments whilst cycling and we can usually get in to see him for a specific reason within a week or so and the price is covered by the management fee we pay at the start of each cycle.

Kelbelle: I also see an acupuncturist and was told the same thing about the cold uterus. When I am doing a cycle, I only eat warm things, and drink warm water etc. The articles I have read claim to increase success by 65%. I have been doing this for the last 12 months and still had 3 failed cycles, so I am cutting it right back this time and only going to the sessions on the day of ET.

MrsDaisyP: Its great they are getting all this sorted now, as opposed to going through repeated failed cycles, whilst it probably doesn’t feel like you are doing anything, it will work out better in the long run. I personally feel like I have wasted 12 months because stuff for us wasn’t sorted out in the beginning. We are waiting for out nxt cycle as well, hoping in July.

Nat: Sounds like everything for you is working out awesome. A new house, wedding plans, and a fab diet. You sound a lot happier, so glad things are starting to come together for you darl, lord knows you deserve it. How is the FET plans coming along?

Quartz: How are you feeling Mumma? Hope your enjoying your holidays and looking forward to your scan.

Lindylou: How did your appointment go yesterday darl? Can’t wait to hear what the Dr said. I hope you didn’t have to show them your don't-mess-with-this-long-suffering-infertile-or-feel-my-wrath* attitude and the Dr was open about your treatment. Hope work is settling down a little bit for you, crazy time of year at the moment for Auditing and Accounting professionals. Sounds like you an interesting job, getting to travel lots for your work. The furthest I get to go is Melbourne or Brisbane.

Starfish: How are you going on the dreaded pill hon? Hope its not making your body too out of whack. The pill always plays up with my body as well, I get bad headaches and really bad mood swings. Sorry not sure if I have asked this already, but are you doing the long cycle for the PGD?

PinkButterfly: Not sure of your still checking in here darl, sending you big hugs and he your doing OK.

Traveler; how are you going darl? Are you close to having your FET yet?

Hi to all the other Sydney girls I missed. Its starting to get so cold down here now, it feels like winter is justa round the corner.

AFM: Not too much happening, I am due to get my AF in the next week or so (providing she sticks to a 28 day cycle after a failed stim) and then I need to track ovulation and then will have my NK cell biopsy done 10 days after I ovulate. Having mixed feelings about the biopsy as I have been on high dose fish oil tablets for the last 6 months as they are supposed to naturally suppress NK cells, so am wondering if the test will be reliable? I stopped taking them about 3 weeks ago and it will still be another 4 weeks or so till the biopsy so hoping its not a waste of a procedure and money. DH has been taking his cocktail of vitamins and said he has been feeling so much healthier and energised, hope this is a good sign they are working. It could also be his subconscious considering he is taking 7 pills a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney ladies,

Quartz- hope you're enjoying the holidays so far. I love school hols 'cos theres hardly any morning traffic. The wait for your scan must be nerve-wracking, really hoping bub is growing nice & strong .

Nat- wow, so much great news from you ! The house, the weight loss, productive FS appointment and engagement party... its all happening, congrats! Hope your levels are back to 0 quickly so you can get cracking with your FET.

MrsDaisy- I'm about to start the same thyroid medication as you, my TSH is normal (1.59), but my antibodies are high. I'm starting on a small dose (25mcg) to see how that goes. The change in your levels sounds quite bizarre, hope they stabilise soon for you. It really is best to sort out these background issues before starting your IVF cycle. When you get a BFP first go, you'll be grateful you did it this way.

Kelbelle- I agree there should be a line in the sand re: when to quit. I just don't think I could go into a cycle with the thought it was my last. Let's hope you get that super sticky BFP so you don't have to worry about trying again

Disney Baby- Hi, I don't think any of us are current Westmead patients, so I was going to direct you to the Westmead thread... but I see you already found it and posted there. Hope you get the answers you're looking for.

Hi to EO, Starf1sh, PinkB, Crofty, Traveler & Lifeonhold

AFM- Had a great first appt with my Endo, and really feel like I have new wind in my sails. I have Hashimotos thyroiditis (an autoimmune disease), for which I'm going to start taking thyroxine medication and follow a strict diet with absolutely no grains or processed food . I've got a referral to a new FS with SIVF to pursue NK cell testing (as my FS wouldn't agree to it). My Endo works with the new FS regularly for infertile patients and both of them are comfortable trying new and unconventional protocols, whatever it takes to get a BFP . He really made me smile when he said "We will not die wondering"!! So on the 27th April I'll see my new FS, and later that day I have a follow-up with my Endo to see how the medication is going. So happy I was taken seriously and not sent away with a lousy head-pat, yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I apologise in advance for the 'me' post but am having a stressful day and just need to vent to people who understand! I wonder whether this whole thing ever gets any easier and it feels like a constant waiting game. While it is nice being on holiday it has also given me way too much time on my hands to think!!! I have been stressing for days because I just don't feel pregnant, although from what I understand this often doesn't happen until 6Weeks and I am only 5w4d today. Yesterday I went to my FS and he did a whole lot of routine BT but included in that was a Hcg and progesterone check. Today he rang to say my Hcg was 2550 (Up from 412 last week) and my progesterone was only 27 and he would really like to see it above 30 - so now I feel really stressed that something is wrong with the low progesterone and not so great Hcg levels. He has told me to now take 3 pessaries a day rather than 2 and to have another BT on Monday..... I think the time waiting for that may just drive me completely insane!!!

Sorry for the rant!!!!

Hope you are all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz, I'm so sorry that things are not going 'textbook' for you, it really sucks to face yet another anxious waiting time, but truely only time will tell I also had good hcg numbers but low progesterone with my last pregnancy so I sympathise with how frickin' hard this all is. The difference is that I was having a lot of spotting which you are not which is definately a good sign I'm really hoping that those numbers pick up and and the extra pessaries do the trick Take care, feet up and rest over the next few days if you can.

Lindylou, great news on your RE appt and 10 points for persistence girl! Just curious what are the signs (if any) of Hashimotos thyroiditis? The diet sounds challenging but you seem a pretty determined little cookie. My DH did a 6 month no dairy, wheat, sugar, alcohol, caffiene diet last year to improve gut health so I ate a lot of the same foods, but seriously I really had to admire his willpower. Major side effect was we both lost weight (that we didn't really have to lose! ) Sounds like you will be cyclling again in no time!
    EO, Yep doing the dreaded long down reg and it feels like it is taking foreeeever! So not much happening with me either. Hopefully start jabbing in 2 weeks. I didn't know that about fish oil and NK cells but guess it makes sense since fish oil targets inflammation. I still think your NK cell biopsy will be accurate and besides if you do find you have high NK cells then clearly the FO hadn't been effective!

PinkB, how are you going gorgeous?

Kellbelle, you have been through the mill lady! Congrats on your weight loss, wow! How are you filling your days since you stopped work? I took 3 months leave without pay last year and it was wonderful, I found my days were really full with time to exercise, catch up with friends for lunch, and it was soooo much less stressful going to clinic appts etc without having to be clock watching to get to work. Hope this does the trick for you! This is also likely to be our last cycle (with own eggs). We have had a total of 10 embies transferred and 5 mc's so PGD is our last option at the moment to check if there are any normal embies or whether we should start to look at other paths like ED. Not sure exactly what your FS thinks is causing your fertility difficulties. Just to throw another idea in the ring, are there other alternatives you and your DH could consider? (like ED or DS?).

Lifeonhold, Welcome back! How is your cycle progressing?

Wow Nat busy, busy, busy, and congrats on your weight loss. Are you guys having a big engagement party?

MrsDaisy, the waiting is seriously frustrating, but each step you are getting closer to the starting gates. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon! When do you go?

AFM, lots of stress at work and worrying about how this will effect my upcoming and maybe last cycle...have already arranged to have 1st week of 2ww off (if I get a transfer that is!) but weighing up pros and cons of having more time off leading up to EPU as there feels like a lot riding on this one. I have put SO much into this cycle in terms of prep with diet, chinese herbs/vitamins, acupuncture, meditation, no caffeine for 4 months and limited alcohol (couldn't quite give up the odd glass of vino altogether!) that I don't want to wonder if stress was the one thing I didn't manage as best I could...
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 15-04-2011 at 07:12. Reason: correct info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Isnt the weather gorgeous in sydney at the moment? I am taking full advantage of the bright sunshine, making sure that I get my daily dose of vit D from the sunlight to improve my fertility! Sigh, if only it was that easy!

starfish - Nobody can deny that you are trying very hard. You are giving up sooooo much. I truely hope that you get rewarded and then it will be all worth it. Good on you for sticking to eliminating caffeine, alco etc. I am afraid I am that consistent. I have given up coffee for good but picked up tea instead: not ready to give this up! Good luck and

Quartz - I am so sorry, hun to hear that you are feeling down. Lots of women dont feel pregnant this early days and hopefully extra progesterone will do the trick. Have faith in your body, hun and try and stay calm. It may help. Sending cyber hugs to you!

Lindylou - great that things are moving along with you. I also have hashimotos. I take my thyroid medication everyday and now my level is 1-2 which is ideal for pregnancy. Did you get tested for antithyroid antibodies (ATA) as well. I suppose if you are seening an endo, you would have had this tested. There are some studies to suggest that ATA causes infertility and prednisolone helps in some cases. ATA is not entirely lowered by the thyroid medication (Dont quote me on this) but according to my FS, women with ATA mostly still get pregnant and give birth normally so he is not very open to using prednisolone. I will be discussing this further with him if this cycle fails. Maybe you can have this discussion with ur FS/Endo next time you see them.

EO - are you getting a hysteroscopy or just a biopsy? When they tested my NK cells they gave me a hysteroscopy as well and gently raked the insides of the uterus to make implantation easier. Good luck with it all and hopefully you get some answers soon.

disney baby - sorry hun, I am with IVF Australia. I hope you have found the information you were looking for.

Mrsdaisy - really weird results. It may be an idea to get another test done to confirm the results. Hope you enjoy your honeymoon!

AFM: I dont think I am going too well. Had my US on wed (after 6 days of injections) and only saw 3 measureable follies. The others ( only a few) were too small. EST is at 1400. I am feeling quite cheated by my body. Youd think that I would be used to it by now but, nah! Trying to remain postitve and thinking that its early days as I usually stim for much longer then the average days.

Another scan moro. Hope its much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO- sorry I missed you in my post yesterday. You replied while I was already typing and I didn't see it til after I posted. I was lucky to have a great session with my Endo, no attitude necessary! I'm not actually a financial auditor, I do audits at pharmaceutical manufacturing plants. I observe their equipment, procedures, cleaning standards, records etc and check that they follow industry rules. I doubt the fish oil will affect your NK biopsy if you've stopped taking it 6-7 wks in advance. Yay for your DH feeling more energetic, sounds like the vitamins are doing their job.

Quartz- Don't stress about lack of symptoms, from what I've read in the due threads, its normal to feel nothing before 6wks. I hope your prog level comes up and you can find ways to relax over the weekend. Good luck for BT on Monday

Starf1sh- Its a tough call, but I'd put the cycle ahead of work and take the extra time off to de-stress. Like you say, you don't want to be left wondering at the end if the added stress stopped you getting a BFP. The only symptoms I've ever had that my thyroid wasn't quite right is dry skin, being super-sensitive to cold, and of course infertility. The full list of symptoms is in the link- http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/symptoms.htm. Massive props to your DH for sticking out that diet for 6m, I can still have dairy otherwise it will be pretty similar to what you guys did.

Lifeonhold- Great that your TSH is in the perfect range! I hope your follies kick into gear and you have a much better number on your next scan . I was tested for ATA's, plus I had an ultrasound, and that's how my Hashi's was diagnosed. My naturopath requested ATA's, and when it was found high (TPO >1000), I got referred to an Endo. You're right that the meds may not lower the ATA's, and my Endo is happy to give me prednisone when cycling. My FS wouldn't consider it, hence I'm off to a new FS who my Endo recommended. I have read a few journal articles on +ATAs and pregnancy, and while women can still maintain a viable pregnancy, there's a definite association between higher miscarriage rates and the ATA's. That scared me enough to keep investigating when my FS told me the high ATA's were irrelevant. Links here if you're interested: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/91/7/2500 http://www.rbej.com/content/7/1/137

Hi to anyone I've missed , hope you have a great Friday and a lovely weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - just a quick update. Had my BT this morning and my progesterone was up to 54 so the extra pessary certainly fixed the problem. My HcG was up to 3950 from last week which isn't as high as I hoped but the FN said it's fine as long as it is rising so I will keep my that it continues to do that. Scan on the 28th so hopefully that will hold the answers!