Closed Thread
Page 30 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I would pop in and introduce myself...

I have been TTC since Oct 2004, have done the clomid, numerous tests etc, before moving onto IVF in 2008. I did 2 stim cycles + 3 FET, all negative with WFC. The Dr said "I was getting closer" but didn't want to do any testing so I changed clinics in Nov 2009.

My FS wanted me to lose weight and hubby to improve sperm before us trying. (Sorry, everytime I see DH I think of d***head!!! so prefer to use hubby I can barely read a post without substituting!) Our new FS is with SIVF, and has done numerous tests, but still no happy news to report with 2 stim cycles and 3 FET. Our last cycle was very disappointing with 2 transferred, and none to freeze. We have an appt next week to discuss where to go from here.

I have found reading what everyone else is going through to be of comfort, as I only share a certain amount with hubby and friends, as unless you have been through the disappointments, then I am not sure you fully understand.

Wishing all the very best of luck this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kelbelle -welcome and good luck to you!

AFM – Had EPU on Friday and got 4 eggs of which 3 were mature so we were happy with that. I asked were the eggs grainy and yep just as they were with the last down reg they were grainy. I knew nothing good would come of this but still gutted to learn none fertilised. So looks like its pretty much over for us. Changing FS and protocols has done us no good, neither has the DHEA and extra goodies. Going from an A grade expanding blasty last Oct to 2 crap cycles is fairly gut wrenching but we are coping OK. This has all been the least of my worries with a poor reaction to the EPU/ anaesthetic, i have been really sick with nausea and my bladder and bowel went into shock, bladder got working yesterday and finally this arvo hopefully my bowel is showing signs its on the way back. I have been in so much pain, only able to eat/drink a little even then with reflux. It hasn’t been a very fun few days. Not impressed by the lack of follow-up even with phonecalls. Anyway better get some more rest in, thinking of you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls just a quick one from me will catch up with everyones news from my laptop later. Well I'm in cycle 3 - 3rd times a charm? Started Lucrin and puregon 350 on sat morn after AF arrived friday in ADE!! Have BT thus fru and if my levels are under 1000 will be increasing puregon to max at 450

Hope ur all well and cabaret wait to read up on everyones progress xo

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbelle: Hi and welcome to the thread. We are also with Sydney IVF and are on a three month break while we wait for out vitamins for DH to kick in. We are doing IVF for sever MFI. We have been through 2 stims and 2 FET and will do out third stim in July. We haven’t told anyone we are going through IVF, Hubby is too sensitive about this issue so my only release is BH, the ladies on here are wonderful!

PinkB: Oh honey I am so sorry to hear your news. I truly thought things would be different for you with a different protocol this time. Are you going to have a follow up disc with your Dr to discuss why this one went so bad compared to late last year? I hope your feeling better soon darl, my heart truly breaks reading your story and how much you have been through. XX

Crofty: All the best for your cycle hon, I too hope third one is a charm as we will be doing our third stim in a few months. Are you changing anything about this cycle compared to your last two?

Quartz: How are you going in the TWW darl, im sure you are very close to your BT now.

Starfish: Wow so crazy we see the same people, yep we prob have been sitting in the waiting room opposite each other at some point in the past. Delia is awesome, very clam person and really knows her stuff. DH and I both had to have very extensive genetic testing done in the beginning when we discovered his obstruction was from the CF Gene, but I came back clear so our baby has a 1 in 4 chance of being a carrier but won’t actually have CF. Pretty scary stuff when we first where told. That’s is amazing about the rate of abnormal embryos, I too wonder how so many people can get UTD. My FS said the biopsy will just be done in the clinic and that it will be like a pap smear, I am a little worried though as EVERYONE I have heard who had one says it hurts a lot. So I think I may ask for some sedation on the day. I have to wait for my next AF and then monitor ovulation and then the biopsy is 10 days after ovulation.

Lindylou: Thanks so much for your PM darl, we now have ordered all our vitamins, DH will be rattling when he walks very soon. We are just doing the Sharleys thing online, no skype appointment so will have to prob wait another 2-3 weeks for all of that to come through. I haven’t told him about the fluro pee yet, was waiting until he comes to me and asks what’s wrong (I sound evil). I want DH to be on the vitamins for at least 12 weeks so hoping that works in so we can be cycle buddies, we are doing the long down cycle this time so I will start jabbing lucrin in late June and won’t do all the fun stuff til mid July.

Nat: How are you going darl?

Hope all your Sydney gals enjoyed to gorgeous weather yesterday.

AFM: Well 1 week down out of my 14 week break and I am actually really enjoying it, I have my FS appointment for DH tomorrow with Dr Lok, I am super excited to hear what he has to say about DH. I will let you guys know how it all goes. We are also in the process of booking a holiday in June before our next cycle. No where real flash as we have to save all our pennies for the next cycle as well but it will be nice to do something together that’s special as we haven’t been on a holiday for 2 years as IVF has always been out priority for money and the timing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Just a quick one from me for now as I have just arrived home after an 8hr drive from Bendigo after a weekend down there celebrating my sisters 21st birthday. I was due for my BT on Sunday but as I have been away I am having it tomorrow morning. This TWW hasn't been too bad as I have been so busy but now..... I am going crazy!!! No idea what the outcome will be, have had no symptoms bar some cramping but as this is my first time of pessaries I am not sure if they cause that. Does anyone know if pessaries hold off AF appearing???
    Anyway that's all from me for now will catch up more tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz - good luck for your BT tomorrow

I believe the pessaries can hold off AF because the elevated hormones almost 'trick' your body into believing it is pregnant. In a transfer when I have lasted till BT, and it has been negative, I have stopped the pessaries and AF has arrived within 2 days. I usually only last till a day or two before BT though.

I have an appt with FS tomorrow to discuss our options after 9 failed transfers.

Speaking of FS - in todays Daily Telegraph, there was an article regarding the 'Fitness for Fertility' program run by SIVF and the effects of losing weight, and the role it plays in your fertility. Although I didn't enrol in the program, I have now lost 14kg and have a BMI of 26, so whilst I am happy so far, still have a little way to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I have been reading daily but just haven't had time to post.

Pinkb- I'm so sorry for this terrible outcome. Wish words could help but they just don't.

Quartz-good luck tomorrow. Pessaries never held off AF for me. Infact my AF came earlier!!! So I hope this is a good sign.

EO- glad the break is going well (& is 1 week down) hope your appt is great with new FS

Hi everyone else. On my phone, will try really hard to do a proper post soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Test all done now just waiting......... Long day ahead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Q. still no Af?

Oh the waiting! Still not tempted to POAS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got the call and it was a BFP!!!! Very excited but sitting in a very boring work conference. Had an HCG of 426 so very happy!!!