Closed Thread
Page 29 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    P.s Thanks Lindylou for updating the roll call (& getting me off the starting blocks!)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Lindylou: That doesn’t sound whacko at all darl. I am like that with my pop, I was very close to him and don’t get to the grave often but I still feel like he is with me all the time, irrespective that I don’t get to where he has been buried. I think it’s a nice way of thinking about them still. Thanks for the tip about the herbs, so not looking forward to them. When are you guys looking at doing another cycle?

Satrfish: I am a big believer in acupuncture, my DH will also be going to the IVF acupuncture clinic in the city as well, if you don’t mind me asking which lady does he see there? I go there too and usually see Saige or Delia, so I was gonna try and get him in to either of those two. They want him to go for at least 10 weeks prior to the next cycle so I will start him next week and that gives him about 16 weeks of treatment. I have read a little about the PGD as it was given to us to consider in the beginning before I had all my Karotype testing done. I was lucky I don’t have the same gene clash as DH so we didn’t have to proceed with it any further. It was the money side that I was the most worried about, its some seriously extra money you have to fork out on top of the already expensive IVF cycle payment. Although with the good results the money will be worth it in the long run as its eliminating the embys that could cause a MC anyway. It’s so amazing how they work backwards with those cycles.

PinkButterfly: Thanks hon, yeah the counselor was good, even though DH and I talk all the time, it was interesting to listen to him speak about it to someone else as he has never done that before. That’s great the cycle won’t be cancelled, did they say why the estrogen was so slow to rise? How did your scan and BT go today? I have everything crossed for you, 5 good follies sounds really good. So glad to hear the prednisone is settling down a little bit. Have you noticed any other side affects, like water retention or oily hair etc?

AFM: So I had my follow up appt with my FS yesterday after my failed cycle and it went really well. He mentioned a few new things for us for our next cycle. He is going to do the NK Cell biopsy for me as I requested it, he still believes 99% that I don’t have it but with all the bad luck we have had I want to rule out that 1%. He is sending DH to another FS who specializes in sperm biopsy’s to ensure we are getting the sperm form the best location possible as apparently there are a few areas it can be retrieved form and this will determine the quality. If its taken from the Proximal epididimus then its high quality and a substantial amount, if its taken from the distal segment then its bad quality and very few sperm. Given our results I think our FS has been taking it form the wrong place. He is changing me over to a long cycle for a few reasons, he said because I am so young and thin (BMI of 17.5) my body reacts very quickly to the drugs (I only do 7 days of injections before EPU) and that is why we had 8 eggs all at different stages and quality. The long cycle will allow them to switch of all my hormones to baseline (lucrin) and then start them back up where he has more control over them. We hyper stimulated first cycle even though I only had 13 eggs, my estrogen levels triple very quickly after EPU and then this time we only used 112 of Gonal F and the eggs were all over the place. I did ask him if I could take anything for my eggs in the 3 month wait and he said there is very little that can be done as eggs are predominantly run by DNA and the females age of which both can’t be changed. I do kind of see where he is coming from with that comment and I have researched lots that say you can increase the quality of eggs through supps and drugs etc, but he said he believes he is the Number 1 expert in Eggs in Australia so I am leaning towards believing him at this point. I had 6 months of acu and been on a super fit healthy lifestyle regime before the second cycle and it was my worst stim cycle so far so its def because of the stim protocol i was on. I am still going to keep up the acu, supps and super healthy side though. So for DH we will wait and see what his FS advises us next Tuesday but we will start the long down reg cycle at end of June and then do all the fun stuff in July. Its good to have a plan in place, now I just have to fill in those weekends in between with fun stuff that has nothing to do with IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Starf1sh- have to admit I stole the one legged man simile from a friend's status update on FB. I LOL'd at it too, imaging a one-legged man on crutches being presented with a line of bent-over people and giving each a swift kick in the behind . Thanks for the hugs, what comforts me most is knowing that my Mum's at peace. You're welcome on the roll call update, really hope to see you graduate to our lonely UTD section! Definitely post your google research for us, would love to know more about PGD and the new technology for it.

PinkB- thanks for your hugs too. It always does feel better to have a cry now & then. You poor thing being scared by the low oestrogen! Glad things will progress to EPU and hope your 5 follies can hold out til Friday

EO- I just checked my calendar and looks like we will be cycle buddies! I'll probably start jabbing late June, with EPU & ET in July. Of course that depends on whether I have the all-clear to start after my endo appt, which hopefully I will. Sounds like you had a productive chat with your current FS, and yay for agreeing to NK biopsy! The change in protocol and more accurate sperm collection will surely be the winning combo you need. Also glad to hear your counselling session went well. Now to sit on the sidelines and fill in the time... . 3m will go quickly, its already been 4m since my last FET and that just flew by. I notice someone already started a June thread, but I'll stay out of there til I know 100% when I'm cycling.

Hello to Daisy, Nat, Quartz, Crofty and anyone I've missed . We have quite a few MIA... might have to make that a new heading on the roll call

AFM- Exactly 2 weeks til my endo appt from today, getting closer . My USA trip for work is shaping up nicely, will be o/seas from 2nd to 20th May at this stage. After the trip I'm going to take some annual leave and go to WA with DH for a friend's 50th. That will bring us to the beginning of June and in just enough time to see our FS and kick off the next cycle. Suddenly doesn't seem so far away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish –thanks for your oestrogen calls – i needed it!! Definitely keep us posted on the PGD info – just fascinating.

EO – glad the counselling session was helpful. Good for DH to verbalise everything I am sure. I have recently seen the IVF one and an external one to help cope with all the stress and anxiety of IVF and have found it really beneficial. To answer your question – my LH was low initially like it was being oversupressed by the lucrin and that can prevent oestrogen rising – hoping it doesn’t mean my ovaries are completely clapped out which is a concern with premature ovarian failure. Yes pred symptoms are settling down but have to double the dose after EPU so not looking forward to that.

Your FS appt sounds promising with alot of new things to try. Glad you can have the NK test for peace of mind – I think its worth it for that reason. Have you had all the clotting tests too? Another good one to check off the list. Its true about the eggs, but alot of new research is coming out saying that the environment the eggs are in for the final stage of maturation is important too so all the “boring” clean living, vitamins etc can help. What is your AMH and FSH levels? – I’m sure they are all fine at your age but good to know about.

And yes, good idea to plan a lot of non IVF related things and the next 3 months will fly by!

Lindylou – Not long til your appt now. How awesome to travel to the US for work – hope u get time for some shopping too!! Yep June is not far away now!

AFM – Scan today showed 5 follicles 26, 25 x 2, 24 and 19mm and BT showed oestrogen up again to 2700 so trigger tonight and EPU Friday. The nurse mentioned we could be at risk of losing the bigger follicles – which is 4 of them and now I am freaking out, was stressed enough hoping they are mature and not grainy.....arrggghhhhhh this cycle has given me more grey hairs.......yikes!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arghhh having so much trouble with home computer have written 3 posts & lost them all!!! iPhone to the rescue!

EO, those are the exact same practitioners my DH sees, you have probably passed each other in the waiting room! I also see Delia but at another practice. That woman is a gem, so supportive and calm. I also see Jane Lyttleton (Acu clinic director) for my yucky Chinese herbs. Glad counselling appt went well & that your FS has finally agreed to do the biopsy. Well done you!!! Will you have it done in the clinic room or under GA? Interesting what you say about CF gene and your own investigations, my cousin had a baby last year who was diagnosed with CF, it was only then they found out they were both carriers

Lindy, thanks darl would love nothing more than to see myself on the UTD list too (& for the full stretch this time!). Hopefully Crofty will bring home the 1st of many take home bubbas for the thread, we really could do with some good news. Sound like you've got plenty to occupy yourself with in the coming months & great you & Eternal may get to be cycle buddies together.

Oh Pink, this has been such a tough cycle for you but so close to getting the goodies now. Hang in there gorgeous follies!!!

AFM this is the best explanation I have come across re: the CGH technology but scary stats re: rates of abnormal embies in the general population. Seriously makes you wonder how anyone gets UTD at all!!

http://www.carefertility.com/docs/WhatisCGH.pdf

Thanks girls *hugs* have been enjoying our recent daily chats xx
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 30-03-2011 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck PinkButterfly for EPU tomorrow Cheering for some lovely mature eggies for you

Crofty, how are you going in 2WW?

to all the other Sydney gals

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (31-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Starfish for thinking of me - It's April Fools day tomorrow too - just what I need!!! Very nervous about what they find but hoping like crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say good luck to PinkB for EPU today! Hoping to hear fantastic news when you can post an update .

One more thing, apologies to Crofty, sorry I didn't realise you were in the TWW when I updated the roll call. Hope your embie is holding on tight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou, I think the confusion about who is in the 2WW is my fault! Just read back and it is actually Quartz!! Sorry girls, brain freeze

Quartz, hope 2ww is treating YOU well!!!

Sorry Crofty, how is your cycle going?? Think you were just getting things underway?

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly: Goodluck for EPU today darl , hope you get lots of nice mature eggies.