Closed Thread
Page 24 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey SYD girls

Nat - sorry to hear about ur loss, it would be heartbreaking

Eternal - g8 to hear ur jumping or should I say launching straight back in!!! Fingers crossed for u!!!

Hope everyone is doing well through their 2ww

Update from me - no good news from me ladies my dreams were shattered again on Sunday - and the lead up started Friday - I was keeping positive as much as u can even up unti this morning as my FS said I needed to still POAS yesterday and 2day as AF wasn't what I was expecting - anyway some decisions need to be made as DH and I have been avoiding the fertility talk just worried were going to have one of those epic arguments

Once again hoping some of us have some POSITIVE news soon to share otherwise going to start thinking it's something in the SYD water!!!!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty; darl big hugs, so sorry to hear it wasn't ur month. And I hate having the "fertility chat" with DH after a failed cycle. We had ours last night and DH thinks I am focusing too much of my life on all this so if this cycle doesn't work for us he wants me to have next month off, which I def don't want to but he thinks we need couple time so I'll give him a IVF free month :-)

Take care of yourself and hope you and DH are ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Males... Pfffft. Its so easy for them to suggest a break... But with me, every setback I have makes me even more determined to get to the bottom of things! I WILL have a healthy baby! I don't care what it takes.

Ok, I have a D & C booked for tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. Needless to say I'm crapping myself. Never had one before (this is my 4th M/C). So yeah, nervous. Then my FS said that if they don't get much "product" out of the uterus, they'll go ahead and do a laporoscopy to check my tubes for an ectopic pregnancy... Great :-(

After this, he'll probably do an endo biopsy to check for NK cells and a whole range of blood tests to test for different things. I'm desperately hoping he can find the answer! He suggested Clexane shots for my next transfer/pregnancy. I just want to get into it already!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat- I can’t believe this has happened to you... so terribly sorry . I’m rather surprised that you weren’t already on clexane, I thought ladies positive for MTHFR were put on it straight away? I know its no consolation, but hopefully with clexane in the mix, one of your 10 frosties will be a healthy sticky bub. I just wish we could press fast forward til that time and make your pain go away in an instant.

Starf1sh- we sure are having a bad run in this thread, hugs all-round definitely needed. I hope that’s all the sad news over & done with and its all BFPs, great scans and strong HBs from here. As for thyroid meds, I won’t know about that til I see my endo in April. I don’t trust my FS to treat me for it, since she didn’t believe it was worth digging deeper in the first place. It bothers me that a naturopath had to be the one to encourage further testing and that they know more about the thyroid/infertility link than my FS does! Half of me wants to switch FS, the other half feels its my duty to share my findings with her, incase she has other patients in the same boat as me.

EO- good idea to ask for copies of all your MC BTs. We can compare notes and see if there’s more that either one of us can get tested for. So glad your orgalutran dilemma was sorted out and you’re jabbing away. Grow follies grow! Are you going to do a new TESA or use the frozen sample from last time?

25andhopeful- nice of you to pop in. We might be cycle buddies in June! Until then, enjoy your IVF-free life.

PinkB- Yes I was immensely relieved to find out there actually was something wrong. So glad we found out now and not after the umpteenth failed cycle. I too hope the endo has a solution for me. I was also strangely relieved that I have a contributing factor to our infertility, and its not 100% DHs fault anymore. I know he’s been hard on himself thinking its all his problem we can’t conceive, so at least now he can stop blaming himself. Hope the prep for your cycle is going well, any dates lined up yet?

Crofty- either its something in the Sydney water, or we all broke too many mirrors in a past life! Sorry to hear that AF arrived . I hope you and DH have a constructive chat without it becoming an argument. I hate that it has to be this hard for us all.

Hi to Quartz, MrsDaisy, Bee, Traveler and everyone else . Can you believe its March already??

AFM- I started up a new round of bootcamp with a different trainer (my old class dropped out til there was no-one left but me), and boy am I sore! Serves me right for slacking off since Xmas... this time I’m training 3x a week and its an 8wk course. Just what I need to keep me occupied while I wait around for my endo appt.
    Do any of you watch Masterclass in Oils with Ken Harris? Its on a local channel called TVS. He’s an art teacher based in QLD and he does oil paintings step-by-step on screen. DH & I love his show and next week we are going to a workshop that he’s running, and painting an artwork alongside him! I don’t have an artistic bone in my body and this is waaay out of my comfort zone, but who cares hey? Tonight we’re going to a ‘warm up’ art lesson so we can get a feel for brush strokes and basic techniques before our big day. So nervous!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, I hope all went as well as it could with D&C today, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this Physically I have found the recovery easier than an EPU, however the emotional recovery is very hard. Take care and I hope you find a way forward soon.

Crofty, I'm so sorry this wasn't your month

Lindylou, Can't say I have seen Masterclass in Oils but I'm mega impressed by you and your DH getting out there and living life while playing this bl00dy waiting game!!

Share your results by all means with your current FS for the benefit of her own 'customer service' but if you are unhappy with your FS I wouldn't hesitate to change. This journey is hard enough without feeling you have to fight your FS at every step of the way and you do have time on your side to change while waiting to get things sorted with your Endo. Good luck darl and put yourself first I say! And I agree we definately need some good news on this thread soon

Eternal, How did you go with FS? Glad you hear you got Little Miss Assertive out and sorted the orgalutran issue yourself! Happy jabbing!

PinkB, all the best for your upcoming cycle. Will be watching with interest how the DHEA and saizen combo go!

MrsDaisy, Quartz, 25andhopeful, Bee, Traveler. How are you guys going??

AFM, I wish had better news ladies to share with you all. Had FS appt today and got results from karyotyping of tissue after D&C (following our natural BFP). Found out our baby was a girl with severe chromosomal problems, including 3 sets of chromosomes and unbalanced chromosomes on 13 and 22.

FS's best guess is that this may have been caused by 2 sperm fertilising the egg, so again likely problems on both sides to get this result He did also say it is a common cause of miscarriage in natural conceptions. Hearing the news of the baby's gender has been particularly devastating to me, while I know it could never have been a healthy baby girl I am gutted nonetheless and grieving for a little girl I will never know and who never had a chance.

Our previous cycle plans have been turned on their head as FS has put PGD on the table to avoid a further miscarriage but suggested with the new array CGH technology rather than FISH (which can screen all chromosomes for abnormalities rather than just a handful with the previous technology).

So lots of things to think over and so glad DH and I are going overseas on Sunday, will be a good distraction. Take care Sydney ladies and I hope to see some great things happening here when I return
    to ALL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all you beautiful Sydney ladies,

I have been trying to stay away from BH while on my break from IVF, but I find myself reading every day so thought posting wouldn’t do too much harm.

It has been so sad on here lately!

Quartz, I’m so sorry you are having to deal with a pregnant lady at work just after your mc. I had a similar situation (not mc, but failed cycle) i had to tell my friend that while I was so happy for her, I just couldn’t deal talking about it all the time as it made me too sad, so would she mind talking about her baby with someone else for a little while. And I'm sorry you were robbed!

Nat, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It just isn’t fair. I really hope that you can get through the next little while, and it sounds like you are determined to keep going no matter what, which is great.

EO, you need lots of hugs at the moment. I hope this cycle goes smoothly and that you get your baby in 10 months time. MY Dh is the same about taking breaks between cycles, and unfortunately I now agree with him. At the end of a cycle I am so driven and focused on the prize that I forget about everything else, but having a break helps me refocus. I still desperately want another baby, but i don’t want to wish my life away until that time.

Crofty, good luck with that fertility talk. They are NEVER fun. We had one the other day, I felt like I was holding my breath all day in the lead up to it. We must be maturing, it didn’t end up in an argument

25andhopeful and Lindyloo – I’m cycling in June too!! So nice that we can all do it together. I really hope it is our month.

Hi to everyone else, I really hope that we can get some good news on this thread soon.

AFM – feeling a bit down atm, a friend just had a baby, and two more announced their pregnancies....and I got AF. My DH was so lovely, he for the first time ever read my mind! He said “your upset because it will never happen naturally for us aren’t you?” So sweet. I just wish I could have that whole my period is late thing, go out and buy a test and be totally surprised. Oh well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh- oh I had chills reading your post . To be on the path to healing and then dealt another harsh dose of reality, its beyond heartbreaking. I too would be overcome with thoughts of a little girl that could've been... but mother nature knew best and hopefully there's a perfect little one about to enter your lives. I thought PGD was used for specific known chromosomal issues, so the new technology sounds great. I'm scared to ask what it costs though! Hope you have a fantastic trip to Japan!

Traveler- hope you're feeling better today. We all know that rotten feeling when there's pregnancy announcements & babies galore, but its never our turn . It was very sweet of your DH to be sensitive like that. Bring on June I say!

Nat-

EO- hope you've got a great batch of eggs in the making!

Hi to all the other Syd ladies . Have a lovely weekend!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lindylou: How is the new bootcamp going darl? Is your trainer anything like the ones of the “Biggest Looser?” I would love to have one that was as good looking as the Commando or Shannon. Although it might be a little distracting and i would want to make me wear makeup to my workout . Oh and how is the painting going? I too am not an arty creative person at all, but it’s a great idea to get out and try new things (was this one of the things on your bucket list?)

Traveler: Your post is so true darl, I totally get wound up in it all and just wish the days away until I start my next cycle, it’s such a bad place to be because in 2 years time I don’t want to wake up and regret that I missed so much of my life, especially since we are only newly married and this should be our “honeymoon” phase. In a way I am kind of looking forward to a break, as I always make excuses when we are doing a cycle as to not seeing people of doing things. Sorry to hear your friends are pg, I hate those announcements. It’s great your DH is on the same page as you and can pick up on what your feeling . I think there are a lot of men out there who wouldn’t think twice about us getting AF and how it makes us feel.

Starfish: Oh honey, reading your post has just brought tears to my eyes , I am so sorry to hear that. Knowing the sex makes it so much more painful as it adds so many more emotions to what you’re already going through. We made the decision when our FS asked us if we wanted to know the sex to say no. I would of loved to have known, but it would of made it so much harder for me to accept. I think the CGH testing is a great idea as it can eliminate the weaker ones with problems from the start. Are you guys going to take the offer of this testing or are you still thinking about it? I hope your having an amazing time on your holiday and are forgetting all about the last few months. I can’t wait to hear all about the trip when you get back.

Nat: Darl how are you going? Hope your recovering well after the D&C . I found it be one of the only procedures in this whole IVF journey that was that physically painful. Have you been able to speak to your FS about what can be changed for next time to make sure it sticks?

Crofty: How are you going darl? Are you going to do another cycle or have some time off before your next one?

Quartz: How’s your cycle going darl? I seen you in the March thread with me a few times but that thread is huge and there are so many people in there.

Pinkbutterfly; How’s your cycle going darl?What stage are you up to at the moment? I must admit even though I have been through a few cycles now, I was still so nervous doing my first injection, I think it was more the mind set that it was all starting up again and knowing how many variables there are before we even get to transfer stage .

Hi MrsDaisy, and Bee, hope you ladies are going well with whatever stage of your journeys you are up to .

AFM: I had my CD7 scan today, looks like I have 9 follies on my right and 14 follies on my left ovary. I only have about 5 all up that are at the 16-17mm mark and the rest are about 10-11mm, so i will just wait for the call this arvo to see what the FS says. I know all of these won’t actually be picked up, I assume they will still be a few days off trigger to try and make some of the smaller ones grow more. I am on such a small does this time (112units of gonalF) so was really surprised I still managed to have this many. My lining is 7.6mm which I am so happy about as my first stim cycle the lining was only at 6.7mm around time of trigger. We have made the decision to get a fresh biopsy sample from DH instead of the frozen stuff and hoping that the fresh eggs and fresh sperm will be a lot better than our first stim cycle when we had no time to prepare at all. Although we were healthy back then, we are a lot healthier since we were told our IVF news last year so hope this makes a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick update, I had call from FS that I need to do my trigger tonight and EPU on Thursday at 7.00am, that is so soon. I have only been doing injections since last Tuesday, so it will be 10 days from my first injection to my EPU. There are 5 follies that are the right size and then about 15 smaller ones, so I am hoping that some catch up in the mean time. I am a little disappointed in the low number of follies as my last cycle I got 12 on pick up and this cycle my dosage of GonalF was reduced to try and get more eggs at better quality. My lining is 9.2mm which is the most it has ever been so I guess that’s a plus.

Has anyone else ever done this few of injections?

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had to drop in and say hi as I've been on bh for years but only just noticed this thread!

We're with dr mark bowman at sivf who helped us have our ICSI pixie man in 09. First time lucky! Second time not so!! Antagonist cycle produced 8 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 didn't grow past day 3 and the blast didn't stick

In limbo land as I'm going back to a long down reg cycle but my day 16 bt showed I was about to get my period rather than having just ovulated. Going back on Friday for a repeat bt to see what's happening.

Reading these threads makes you realise how different and complex everyones journeys are. Fingers crossed for some positive news for evryone very soon.

Eo - my antagonist cycle seemed very short indeed. I think about 2 weeks from injections to ET!